Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
They were saying she is underused in that particular video of a person clumsily messing around with that precise team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Gah, this is kind of annoying.

I'm at work, and using my phone I wanted to quickly enter the serenitea pot to pick up furniture and start a new production, but the game won't let me enter the pot until I finish the new event quest that unlocked today. Why is that a thing? How are the two even related?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
the teapot is technically considered multiplayer mode and the event quest locks out multiplayer

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Araganzar posted:

I wouldn't bring Noelle unless you need to heal or reset shields. At your level either Fischl or Kaeya would do more damage auto-attacking, and Noelle's attacks take no advantage of the physical resist shred from superconduct. You also aren't going to have enough resources to fund having decent attack on all three characters. A dual role for Noelle is going to take a cocaine habit worth of resources away from other characters while she is easy to build as a healer and/or shielder.

I don't really have anyone else, and I feel like you're talking later in the game then I'm at, but I also have Barbara, Amber, and Lisa, but I think Noelle is the best out of them?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Noelle's fine, at the very least she has a Claymore so she can break rocks, which is pretty important while exploring. There's just not much reason to switch to her in battle when you don't need healing or shields.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Boba Pearl posted:

I don't really have anyone else, and I feel like you're talking later in the game then I'm at, but I also have Barbara, Amber, and Lisa, but I think Noelle is the best out of them?

Oh I'm sorry, I would def have her in the team, she's fun and a cool shielder/healer. I just would be attacking with Kaeya or Fischl instead of her unless I needed the healz. Her burst can also be good when you have a bunch of enemies on the field since Fischl and Kaeya don't have good multitarget damage outside of their bursts.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Araganzar posted:

and Noelle's attacks take no advantage of the physical resist shred from superconduct.

How do you figure this? Unless Noelle is in ult she's doing physical damage.

Clarste posted:

Noelle's fine, at the very least she has a Claymore so she can break rocks, which is pretty important while exploring. There's just not much reason to switch to her in battle when you don't need healing or shields.

Well, the reason might be you like Noelle, haha. Personally I probably would go for Kaeya or Fischl, but there isn't necessarily a reason not to use Noelle as a main DPS. Combine with geo traveler for energy and go to town. All three of the chars are viable.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
DPS Noelle builds usually rely on her burst, so she gets built for geo damage instead of phys.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Tsyni posted:

How do you figure this? Unless Noelle is in ult she's doing physical damage.

Unless Noelle is in ult she's not attacking.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Thank God I have strict budgetary restrictions on myself or else I'd blow all my money on wishes opening packs is exciting.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Also I'm at 152 out of 225 what should I spend my Northlander Sword Billet on?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The sword billets, as in one-handed swords specifically, aren't especially valuable afaik since no one really wants either of the craftable swords in the long run. Which I guess you could also look at as a reason not to hold back and splurge on whatever right now. That said, it's always possible that they will introduce a new recipe later that will be a better use of them, who knows?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
One of the craftable swords will be one of the best swords for Kazuha (the next featured 5*)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Ok, I'll save it then, I'm gonna ask this in the discord as well but is there a way to re arrange your party?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Boba Pearl posted:

Ok, I'll save it then, I'm gonna ask this in the discord as well but is there a way to re arrange your party?

You can click and hold on characters in the party screen to drag them around

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm live posting while I'm playing but if you're all on the discord I could move my questions there, it feels like I'm spamming the thread with beginner questions lol. I just unlocked commission quests right now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'm getting extremely close to the standard banner pity. Like probably in the next ~5 or so rolls. Curious to see what I end up getting. Only really bad option I can think of is an Aquila Favonia dupe or something.

kater posted:

help im down to 30 crystal cores. i try to catch butterflies but thats hard, the number doesn't go up it goes down im gonna not have any butterfly guts to make cookies out of soon.

I have several places I visit to get them:
Dawn Winery (this is the best I'm aware of)
The teleport statue near the big Mondstadt tree (there are 4 here and they're right near the teleport point)
A teleport in a cave in the southeast area of Dragonspine that has 2 right outside said cave
The Geo artifact domain has 3 or 4 right outside of it and 2 more sorta to the left after you exit the cave

I'm pretty sure there's at least one other really good place, but I can't remember where it is.

Cattail Prophet posted:

The ones at the winery statue are too hard to grab consistently imo, I'm lucky to get even one when I go there. Windrise is a lot better, you can easily get 3-4.

I don't have too much trouble with them, and there are at least like 6 total. Every once in a while they'll randomly fly away while I'm still like 30 feet from them, but usually they don't.

Clarste posted:

The sword billets, as in one-handed swords specifically, aren't especially valuable afaik since no one really wants either of the craftable swords in the long run. Which I guess you could also look at as a reason not to hold back and splurge on whatever right now. That said, it's always possible that they will introduce a new recipe later that will be a better use of them, who knows?

I think the physical damage one is okay if you're doing a physical damage Jean or Keqing as DPS.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jun 17, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm live posting while I'm playing but if you're all on the discord I could move my questions there, it feels like I'm spamming the thread with beginner questions lol. I just unlocked commission quests right now.

Vets don't really do much else, you're not blocking anything.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is she any good? I just got her off of the standard banner.

I don't think I can use her, because Flischl is electric and ranged, and she's the only ranged on my team.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Boba Pearl posted:

What does energy generation do and how do you get your ultimate so fast in that gif.

That's more endgame gearing than secret sauce. I was just trying to visibly capture the "rotate supports to fill noelle then do big damage" loop in a fast timeframe. Energy gets generated by some elemental skills, enemy hp% thresholds, and some weapons/abilities. Energy particles are visible when they happen.

Noelle is one of a handful of characters in the game who generates no energy so you need other characters to generate it for her. Ideally this would be a geo support as you get more for matching energy, but you don't have one yet so you make do with spamming abilities. The important part here isn't Superconduct (Noelle's big damage is her burst and not her normal attacks) but keeping your supports rotating around and using Noelle to fill downtime until she's ready to rumble.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Yeah, Beidou is great.
There are some advantages to running multiple characters of the same element. Its called Elemental Resonance and theres some info for them in the party screen. But since you're exploring a lot, you're correct in sticking with different elements.

Beidous skill is a parry/block that you can hold to absorb hits and then retaliate.
Her burst is good against groups and works for support as well. It deals additional electro damage on a characters attacks, so, for example, Sucrose would do electro swirl with each normal attack while Beidous burst is active and Barbara would apply electro-charged.

Theres really no rush for levelling all of them though. Eventually the game expects you to be able to build two teams, but it'll take a while and you'll always get new characters down the line.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Bombs Away thing is pretty clunky. Each bomb is single use, after which the bombs go on cooldown for 5 seconds and after that you have to reactivate them (Z/L1+Circle on PS4) before you can use them and the hold skill button aiming is way off, it shoots to the left of the reticle and seems to randomly miss hilichurls even when you're right on the money. The aoe and strong bombs fair a bit better, but they could've had some auto-aim for this.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm creating a google doc with all of my questions and tips everyone gave me so I don't ask the same question twice.

But, I was looking at Paimon.Moe which says that the 5* pity timer is 90 specifically for each banner, so the Character Banner has 14 pulls towards the 5* pity counter, and the Standard Character banner has 9 pulls towards the pity counter.

Am I misunderstanding how that works? I thought the 4* pity timer was banner specific, but the 5* pity timer is across all banners, so I have 23 pulls towards the 5* pity counter.

e: I'm so glad someone told me about the ameno power thing so I don't have to find the 3 fairies lol.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

All pity timers are specific to a banner type. Standard banner pity (both four and five star) is tracked separately to the limited character banner (both four and five star, carrying over to the next character banner) is tracked separately to the limited weapon banner (both four and five star, carrying over to the next weapon banner).

For new players, never spend primos or fancy wishes on anything other than the limited character banner.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Stare-Out posted:

The Bombs Away thing is pretty clunky. Each bomb is single use, after which the bombs go on cooldown for 5 seconds and after that you have to reactivate them (Z/L1+Circle on PS4) before you can use them and the hold skill button aiming is way off, it shoots to the left of the reticle and seems to randomly miss hilichurls even when you're right on the money. The aoe and strong bombs fair a bit better, but they could've had some auto-aim for this.
Yeah, the bombs kinda suck, but aside from the badly-worded challenges on the event page (the AoE one should be "kill 2/3 enemies with them in a single challenge X times") you don't actually need to use them; the targets are just hilichurls with an abnormally high health pool.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Incoherence posted:

Yeah, the bombs kinda suck, but aside from the badly-worded challenges on the event page (the AoE one should be "kill 2/3 enemies with them in a single challenge X times") you don't actually need to use them; the targets are just hilichurls with an abnormally high health pool.

Yeah, aside from how overcomplicated using the actual bombs is, overall the whole thing is pretty easy. I did it enough times to clear out the challenges and buy out the shop in like 45 minutes just now, so in the end it's not that bad.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I just got in their face to use the bombs, worked out ok.

Also using bombs is a lot of fun. Now I want Klee haha.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I got the achievement for killing a big ice hilichurl using one of the straight shooters- one shotted him for a ton of pyro damage

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I've heard Dodoco Tales is good on Yanfei. The mats for it are tomorrow so save some condensed resin if you want to get it all done in one go. (I dont own Yanfei yet, but I like leveling event weapons to 90)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

Is she any good? I just got her off of the standard banner.

I don't think I can use her, because Flischl is electric and ranged, and she's the only ranged on my team.

Beidou is very good. She's a good DPS or a good support, depending on how you build her.

Having two characters of the same element on a team can work out because they can feed each other same-element energy to charge their Q abilities. Fischl is a really great support for a DPS Beidou (possibly the best support Beidou could ask for) because using Fischl's E ability can feed Beidou a ton of energy so she can use her Q more often.

This video is mostly for endgame-type stuff so don't worry too much about specific team comps, but the timestamped part is a good illustration of why Fischl works so well with Beidou:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoCdXNSu7mE&t=873s

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 17, 2021

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

No Wave posted:

I've heard Dodoco Tales is good on Yanfei. The mats for it are tomorrow so save some condensed resin if you want to get it all done in one go. (I dont own Yanfei yet, but I like leveling event weapons to 90)

Ooo, do they have the XP multiplier going on now, too? I was a big fan of not spending near as much ore getting Festering Desire up for Bennett as I normally would.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yep, 11 days left to level it with the xp bonus.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

After completing the event, I think every game could benefit from a game mode that just involves blowing poo poo up.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Dodoco Tales is a good free weapon for Yanfei, Ningguang, and Klee and the passives are generic enough that it could probably work well for any catalyst user if you really wanted them to be a main DPS.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Harrow posted:

Fischl is a really great support for a DPS Beidou (possibly the best support Beidou could ask for) because using Fischl's E ability can feed Beidou a ton of energy so she can use her Q more often.

Seconding this. Beidou is a really good get if you already have Fischl since her energy requirements are so strict; they work extremely well together. But that said, early in the game, it makes a lot of sense to focus on characters of different elements with your limited resources. Unless you really like her aesthetic and want to use her now (like I did; she was my main dps for an extremely long time), you can always swing back and work on other characters later when you have a better handle on what you need.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You don't actually need electro except for superconduct (and you dont need physical either). Any challenge where electro is theoretically beneficial cryo or pyro are just better. Feel free to build her ofc, but having electro available to you isnt as intrinsically meaningful as the other elements. Mine is rather built but she's only great every so often.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 17, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this event is great but it's bizarre that I can't use the teapot until I finish the event quest

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Manatee Cannon posted:

this event is great but it's bizarre that I can't use the teapot until I finish the event quest

I assume it's to do with the bubble in the quest being a state change in the world and they can't handle that in multiplayer.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Most of the minigames in the event have been pretty good but the last one was definitely a misstep in direct comparison to the other things they added. Not, like, a big misstep but definitely pretty janky.

If they're going to make three different bombs with different use-cases for each one it's pretty dumb that you have to keep opening your inventory to swap between them mid-encounter. If you're going to massively inflate HP values to encourage bomb use, why put a 6 second delay on each bomb? Every fight I ended up throwing a bomb and then running around doing nothing while I waited for the cooldown to elapse because it wasn't worth doing anything else - at least, until I realized you could just open your menu to pause the game and let the cooldown run out there.

I dunno, just seemed a bit slapdash. On the bright side it was over and done with in like 20 minutes, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Yeah I ended up using Venti ult to gather stuff/have a breather, and lobbing a bomb when it ended.