Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Regarding Beidou: I'm almost entirely certain that you should have pretty early access to a claymore billet from the anemo and geo seal stores. Buy it and make prototype archaic claymore. Outside of The Battle pass claymore, it's the best four-star option almost universally for all claymore users. Prioritize keeping that as leveled up and ascended as you can. It will likely be the biggest source of damage improvement.

Also don't sleep on your artifacts, bring the feather up for a good source of ATK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Welfare alert: There might be a free Beidou event as soon as next patch.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Tae posted:

:bubblewoop: but do you have a source?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Tae posted:

Would fit. We are getting Beidou's Fight Club Island to introduce the new 5 star.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Saxophone posted:

Regarding Beidou: I'm almost entirely certain that you should have pretty early access to a claymore billet from the anemo and geo seal stores. Buy it and make prototype archaic claymore. Outside of The Battle pass claymore, it's the best four-star option almost universally for all claymore users. Prioritize keeping that as leveled up and ascended as you can. It will likely be the biggest source of damage improvement.

I would make sure and use my first claymore billet to provide Noelle Whiteblind, which is best in slot for her in a support role. But Boba should have access to 3 claymore prototypes - the one in the middle of the sword cemetary, the billet trove, and the souvenir shop. It's a good idea in general to make a prototype archaic because it's pretty universally useful as XXXX's First Big Boi Sword.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Flair posted:

:bubblewoop: but do you have a source?

Go to genshin leak reddit (the one with 30k subs, very important) and filter by new.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Araganzar posted:

I would make sure and use my first claymore billet to provide Noelle Whiteblind, which is best in slot for her in a support role. But Boba should have access to 3 claymore prototypes - the one in the middle of the sword cemetary, the billet trove, and the souvenir shop.

I kind of agree about Whiteblind being great for Noelle and it's what I did, but that kind of depends on how much somebody likes Noelle. The other crafted claymore is still good for Noelle starting out, since the only thing that matters is more damage all the time.
And I'm not sure how possible it is for new accounts to get the billet trove, since it requires finishing Mondstadt, finishing the Diluc quest, getting to AR 32, finishing the Klee quest and then doing the archipelago.

The character quests are short, but AR 32 might be rough maybe? I don't really know, I stayed at AR 25 forever and then jumped to AR 35 instantly after raising my world level.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I looked it up again. Apparently they lowered the requirement for Klees quest for this patch and it only needs AR 21 right now, so yeah, it's doable.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 17, 2021

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Coming soon apparently

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Coming soon apparently

That would be nice, some of the other areas are a far trek from the mansion and it makes collecting gifts annoying when you only have room to place the gift set at the further areas.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Coming soon apparently

Yeesh that load.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ancillary Character posted:

That would be nice, some of the other areas are a far trek from the mansion and it makes collecting gifts annoying when you only have room to place the gift set at the further areas.

it's also annoying to go to the special store when you have more areas unlocked because he keeps moving deeper into the area. it'll be great to just put a warp next to where he spawns

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Boba, depending on your interest in this type of gameplay, Beidou was the pull I got that first made me realize how deep, tactical, and sophisticated this could be as an action game and not just an RPG with a coat of action paint.

If you want to really wreck shop and feel like an elite gamer badass, a fun setup is to put Beidou and Fischl on a team with a reliable Cryo and Pyro user. Use Fischl to draw a group's attention, toss out her bird so they all come running into Electro damage, swap to someone who hits them with Cryo once they're bunched up around you, which activates Superconduct. Apply Pyro (Yanfei is great for this, Xiangling is decent for it, Amber is bad but doable, poor Amber). Once everyone's got lowered Physical Damage resistance and is on fire, swap to Beidou and hold shield as you're about to get hit. She will react by doing a huge spinning Electro attack that will react to all the Pyro, setting off Overload. Everyone will explode and go flying away from you. If Beidou has decent Elemental Mastery, everything on the screen will die. You will feel extremely badass. Beidou will talk about missing the ocean and drink half a handle of rum.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Beidou + Fischl produce a crapton of energy too, which really benefits high burst cost characters like Xiangling and Yanfei.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm creating a google doc with all of my questions and tips everyone gave me so I don't ask the same question twice.

But, I was looking at Paimon.Moe which says that the 5* pity timer is 90 specifically for each banner, so the Character Banner has 14 pulls towards the 5* pity counter, and the Standard Character banner has 9 pulls towards the pity counter.

Am I misunderstanding how that works? I thought the 4* pity timer was banner specific, but the 5* pity timer is across all banners, so I have 23 pulls towards the 5* pity counter.

e: I'm so glad someone told me about the ameno power thing so I don't have to find the 3 fairies lol.

One more thing about 4* and 5* pity - the are hard pities and soft pities. This isn't officially documented, but it's been extensively tested with videos of whales pulling hundreds of times.

Hard pity are the numbers you're used to seeing - 10 for 4* and 90 (80 on Weapon Banner) for 5*. However, at the published 4* and 5* single pull rates, you cannot get to the overall pull rates.

So what folks discovered is that at 70 pulls for a 5* and 8 pulls for a 4*, your success rate skyrockets. For 5* it's around 0.3% at pull 69 and 30% at pull 70 IIRC.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Soft Pity is at 75 pulls from last 5* for Character and Standard Banners. 65 pulls from last 5* for Weapon Banners.

You're unlikely to make it past 80 pulls without a 5* on Character Banners and extremely unlikely to ever reach the Hard Pity at 90.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 17, 2021

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

is this dodoco tales book any good?

i max refined that windblume bow from the venti event and haven't ever used it..

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Hexel posted:

i max refined that windblume bow from the venti event and haven't ever used it..

It's probably not a bad idea to max it out since it's "free" and also way easier to max out ore-wise, but unless they fundamentally change done things, probably only in specific niche situations.

But the more characters that release, the more combinations and thus the more likelihood that a really good team winds up needing/using two of the same type of weapon and you'll be glad you have another book.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I heard it's roughly equal to Widsith, better than Solar Pearl on Yanfei. Low base atk with atk substat isnt ideal but the passive is just so good.

I always level event weapons to 90 and always will!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Going off the spreadsheet, the best set for Eula is Pale Flame but I'm wondering if the success I'm having from just using Gladiator is just because of crit damage, because I'm seeing 10k crits off just her normal attack string right now.

Not having a crdmg helmet is probably what's the current bottleneck though. I've gotta regrind artifacts for basically everyone anyway. I'm going to be forever haunted by that guy in here with the 1900 atk Xingqiu.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Hexel posted:

Isn’t that good for Venti now since it has EM?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

Isn’t that good for Venti now since it has EM?

I use it on Venti just because it's thematic. Stringless would be a bit better.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tsyni posted:

I use it on Venti just because it's thematic. Stringless would be a bit better.

I've got Venti (LVL 20) and Fishcl (LVL70) and two Stringless but only one leveled up to 80 and I can't decide on if I should level up the second one or just refine the one I have and stick to the Windblume bow for whoever's not using it.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Hexel posted:

It's a very good F2P option for Yanfei, Ning, and Klee. If you've already got a solar pearl on one of them, it might be a toss up which one is better in the long run. I've got a really good crit dmg hat on my Yanfei, so I think I'll keep solar on her and give Doco to Ning (even though the aesthetics tell me I should reverse this!)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

F2p options for catalysts are really garbage outside of the dodo book

kater
Nov 16, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Going off the spreadsheet, the best set for Eula is Pale Flame but I'm wondering if the success I'm having from just using Gladiator is just because of crit damage, because I'm seeing 10k crits off just her normal attack string right now.

Not having a crdmg helmet is probably what's the current bottleneck though. I've gotta regrind artifacts for basically everyone anyway. I'm going to be forever haunted by that guy in here with the 1900 atk Xingqiu.

Eula's useful dmg is in her left clicks so there's not that much difference between Glad's and Pale Flame and its easier to just have good pieces of it laying around.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

I've got Venti (LVL 20) and Fishcl (LVL70) and two Stringless but only one leveled up to 80 and I can't decide on if I should level up the second one or just refine the one I have and stick to the Windblume bow for whoever's not using it.

If you're not using him yet... I dunno. Building Venti for EM is pretty viable so the extra damage from stringless might not be as important. Refinements for the stringless are pretty juicy for Fischl. The gacha gods have given me 8 stringless so my only excuse is that of course I am giving something called the Windbloom Ode to Venti. The min-max move is one stringless each if you were using both of them, I'd think.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hexel posted:

Probably better on charge attackers like yanfei and klee than on spammers like Sucrose. At max refine it should be better on them than any low refine 4* as long as you can make up the secondary stat of crit.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

What are the Fatui even doing messing around with archons, just hire Alice

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I just want a good Pyro that isn't amber.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Boba Pearl posted:

You can unlock Xiangling for free as early as... AR 20 I think? You'll need to clear some of the Spiral Abyss but it's just a matter of time until you outscale the first few floors.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

The sets for Eula shouldn't make a huge difference overall. I assume you mean 4 Glad? 4 Glad gives 18% attack and 35% damage, 4 PF gives 18% attack and 50% damage when buff is up, but I think most people don't even bother with this over 2 PF 2 Bloodstained which is 50% damage and 0% attack. PF is going to have downtime unless you are very careful about how you use skill and you have constellations.

Because the numbers on % increased damage are so high from phys cup already, and possibly weapon depending on which one you're using, the 50% inc phys damage extra from the phys sets is less impactful than it looks initially. That said, the big reason to not use 4 piece Glad is because a lot of Eula's damage comes from Burst, which Glad doesn't buff. For normal attacks, Glad vs 2 PF/2 BS should almost the same.

Also unless your artifacts are pretty stacked with crit rate I feel like crit rate hat is usually going to be better than crit damage. Either way just use what gets you closer to the magic 1:2 ratio of CR/CD or just pick the one with the actual good substats.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m not sure how many gems the game gives you to start off anymore but Klee is absolutely a good character to pull for after you’ve gotten through the starter banner.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Boba Pearl posted:

Yanfei is great in that she just applies Pyro with every attack and has a good combat loop once you figure her out. Her downside, from what I've seen, is she's a spotlight hog. A lot of her kit is geared around keeping her on the field, and she also benefits from boosting stats other than Def and HP, meaning she's on the field a lot, but always in danger of getting fuckin creamed in 2 good hits.

She's also very easy to interrupt, and her longer casting times for all her stuff means she's literally a potato if she is getting frequently interrupted. Electro-charged, for instance, completely disables everything about her.

I just got Bennett and he seems great. I just need to build him up a bit to be competitive level wise.

You get Xiangling for free and I just cannot get the hang of her. I feel like her Pyro application is scattershot by the nature of throwing out a minion that chooses where to barf flames somewhat randomly. The cooldown for her skill is longer than I'd like, and while her burst us cool, it takes forever to charge.

Traveller posted:

What are the Fatui even doing messing around with archons, just hire Alice

She may be too powerful and too insane to get hired by anyone for anything.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Boba Pearl posted:

I recommend using and building Xiangling early. Here is what I used to get Xiangling at AR 20 from the abyss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqTcD0ENydI. (That being said, getting at AR 20 requires effort and may require practice.)

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I've been messing around with a new team recently and it's a lot of fun so here's a little write-up:

Main damage-dealer: Hybrid Rosaria
Secondary damage-dealer: Electro Beidou
Healer: Qiqi
Flex slot: Xinyan

About Rosaria
  • By hybrid, I mean a split between Physical and Cryo damage.
  • I'm using the Dragonspine Spear because of its Physical damage bonus and weapon ability. The weapon ability is a periodic burst of AoE Physical damage that scales off of ATK and gets boosted when enemies are affected by Cryo—aspects that make it mesh well with Rosaria. (There are probably numerically better options, but my Crescent Pike is already in use, I don't have any 5* spears, and I don't like crunching numbers.)
  • Rosaria has a very satisfying auto-attack string and will be popping off her skill the most often, so she's the main damage dealer. You could probably switch Beidou's position with hers if that suits your taste more.

About Beidou
  • I use a pretty standard Beidou build for this, but extra Energy Recharge may be necessary if you aren't using Fischl for the flex slot.
  • Beidou is in the comp to apply Superconduct and deal damage on the side.
  • Beidou can be replaced with Fischl if desired. However, Fischl doesn't have much synergy with Xinyan, so if you use Fischl switch Xinyan out for Sucrose.

About Qiqi
  • Qiqi is in the comp to provide Cryo resonance, heal, and keep enemies afflicted with Cryo. Use her skill when you pop Beidou's burst to apply constant Superconduct.

About Xinyan
  • Xinyan is in the comp to boost Physical damage, burn grass for Beidou to take advantage of, activate 4-piece Tenacity of the Millelith, burn hilichurl shields, and provide a little team shielding on the side.
  • Xinyan is best in this position at C4, where she can lower enemy Physical RES. She's also good at C2, but if you don't have enough constellations it's probably better to put Sucrose or Fischl on the team instead. Sucrose boosts EM for better Superconduct damage and lowers Cryo RES with Viridescent Venerer; Fischl provides energy for Beidou and Qiqi while being a decent damage-dealer herself. Pick what you like!

Usage tips
  • Open fights with Xinyan's skill. You'll get a Physical damage bonus from having her shield, and (if you have C4) a Physical RES debuff will be applied to any enemy you hit with the initial swing. To get a constant 20% ATK bonus from Tenacity of the Millelith, make sure you hit at least two enemies with the swing.
  • Do your best to make sure Beidou's skill will hit for maximum damage. If Xinyan sets grass on fire, stand in it when you activate Beidou's skill; the Pyro damage will charge the skill up to maximum damage immediately. Don't worry about triggering Overload; the teleport of Rosaria's skill makes her really good at chasing down enemies that you knock back.
  • Keep Qiqi's skill up as much as you can. The periodic Cryo application on enemies will ensure you're getting that extra 15% Crit Rate from Cryo resonance.
  • When Beidou's burst is ready, you'll start absolutely wrecking everything. Switch to Rosaria or Qiqi to set up something to apply Cryo periodically, then go to town with Rosaria. :black101:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I keep running out of HP, and now I have no Healing items because I went to that mountain and tried to pick up some primogems by doing the quests you can complete by just running around. Should I replace Noelle with barbara? I think she might be a better healer then what I have currently?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Boba Pearl posted:

I keep running out of HP, and now I have no Healing items because I went to that mountain and tried to pick up some primogems by doing the quests you can complete by just running around. Should I replace Noelle with barbara? I think she might be a better healer then what I have currently?

Barbara is an excellent crutch early game because she's one of the only characters that can consistently heal without needing to get into a fight. Give her the +hp artifacts that nobody else wants and one of these and she'll help recover from a lot of mistakes and boost your damage dealer in the process.

Be aware that her E makes your characters continuously wet though, so don't use her in ice fights.

On the other hand, her water aura goes great with Kaeya to keep enemies frozen.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Boba Pearl posted:

Barbara will outheal your Noelle assuming they have similar stats. That being said, keep in mind that Barbara will apply hydro to you at times (though as a plus this applies hydro to any enemy in close contact), so you get get a hydro-related reaction like getting frozen from cryo. Also if you are running out of HP, I would recommend trying to address that i.e. if you are getting damage from enemy hits, practice dodging.

That being said, keep in mind that Barbara and Noelle heal differently. Noelle heals by hitting enemies via shield, while Barbara has an elemental skill that heals the current character and an element burst that heals the whole party.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I just tried Barbara with kaeya and flischl and it's fun to go wet -> frozen -> wet -> super conduct -> wet -> frozen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Also, if nobody's mentioned it, ignore the mountain right now. It was added in a patch after the Mondstadt/Liyue main stories so it's considerably harder than those areas on average, you're supposed to come back to that later