Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

For sake of timeliness (no screenshot), my noelle has:

688 + 666 atk
743 + 1,293 def
52.4% crit rate
98.2% crit dmg

116.8% ER
46.6% geo dmg bonus

Raidens burst damage buff is seldom mentioned but it is worth considering

Edit:
Running 4-pc retracing bolide and R4 serpents spine

Colorspray fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

somewhat topical: they added a skip option for exp/gold missions in today's honkai patch (previously ran it as an event.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

somewhat topical: they added a skip option for exp/gold missions in today's honkai patch (previously ran it as an event.)
thigns honkai has that we need

1) lesbians
2) skip function

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Speaking of skipping, let us skip dialog in cutscenes, especially for commissions.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I would welcome auto complete for domains because that would mean never taking damage grinding for artifacts anymore.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Let me skip Azdaha pls or at least every god drat mid fight boss cutscenes. Those are just war crimes.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I'd love an auto-complete for domains, I'd probably even pay like a 20% convenience surcharge in resin for it. Some days I just can't be bothered to do more than log in, and currently the only thing you can do in full lazy mode is condense resin or process magic ore.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Smh at people who aren't in it for the sheer joy of murdering and hoarding

I've got you beat on whopper flower bit and the assassin knives. The later surprises me since I haven't farmed those in a long while.

The exp books are just a sober reminder that levels don't really mean that much, me taking characters I like to 90 is more a love letter than a practical strategy.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Colorspray posted:

So I finally did it - long term goal accomplished!

Noelle and Ningguang are both finally at c6, and I've been running them alongside raiden and childe.

I'm finding Noelle to be the star of the show in this setup, with geo resonance and ningguangs screen providing geo damage bonus. Noelle swings 18-20k per crit during burst, and ningguang provides energy generation and burst damage acting as a battery in this composition. Not to mention crystal generation to maintain retracing bolide.

Childes slot is flexible but he synergizes with raiden due to his ranged burst refund and electro charged reactions.

Raiden is so much fun. I initially thought she served as a battery but she's more like a tactical nuke that just so happens to restore energy. Her burst is like Noelle's but condensed into 7 seconds of electro fury.

Childe's passive also increases Ningguang and Noelle's normal attacks, which is pretty nice.

Childe was my first five star. I really need to invest in him more.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I rolled childe on his first banner and told myself I'd try him out if I ever got a 5* bow or rust. it's still the only 4* weapon I've never rolled

kater
Nov 16, 2010

^^^ the bp bow works fantabulous with him.

Endorph posted:

1) lesbians
2) skip function

Actual storyline ???

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

King of Bleh posted:

I'd love an auto-complete for domains, I'd probably even pay like a 20% convenience surcharge in resin for it. Some days I just can't be bothered to do more than log in, and currently the only thing you can do in full lazy mode is condense resin or process magic ore.

This is why I haven't touched this game in two weeks after doing every day of my first Welkin and 2 weeks of my second. It just demands a lot of chores. Sometimes I don't want to have 45 minutes of errands in a game every single day. It burns me out. And I'm not broke brained or rich enough to just buy my way past it, so, blugh.

I also still have to do both the Ayaka and Yoimiya story quests to even get to the Baal stuff, but I have been putting it off because I straight up just to not give a single poo poo about those characters or their lives.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

gandlethorpe posted:

Smh at people who aren't in it for the sheer joy of murdering and hoarding

Jesus titty-loving christ man

The Lone Badger posted:

I think you mixed cause and effect. Being able to skip gameplay doesn't make a game poo poo, but if the designers of a game know that it is poo poo they'll let you skip as much of it as possible so you can go back to paying for waifus. Or charge you to skip it, if they think they can get away with it.
Yeah kater's whole string of comments was absurdly reductionist.

Admittedly the whole "play daily to progress" thing is predatory. But genshin impact is actually mechanically fun to play. I'm not playing it because there's a gun to my head. :shrug: I like the character design, the visual design, the music. I enjoy playing the game so I don't see a problem. Sure I'll get bored eventually but whatever.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Like people complain about the commission that takes three minutes to do as being completely intolerable and you can just throw away resin on leylines in seconds, this game is very light on time commitments compared to the other garbage I play.

Also raiden is definitely lesser of the trio of Inazuma characters so far.

E: Lol this is a response to the person above the last person, like the other times I responded to the person above the last person, or the response before the edit, or whatever, I’m sure everything I’ve said reads completely unhinged.

kater fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 17, 2021

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I've always liked that the game only really needs around 10-15 minutes a day for comissions and aside from that it doesn't really matter that much. Some of the limited time events get a bit unreasonable, but they also tend to have some interesting stuff and you can usually knock them out over the course of a weekend.
As far as service games are concerned, I don't think Genshin is that bad.

Granted, I never want to do the Mondstadt talent domain again and would cherish the opportunity to skip it, but that's more due to its uniquely antagonistic and awful design.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I've got you beat on whopper flower bit and the assassin knives. The later surprises me since I haven't farmed those in a long while.

The exp books are just a sober reminder that levels don't really mean that much, me taking characters I like to 90 is more a love letter than a practical strategy.

Levels are just to get access to the other parts that actually have an impact on your character's abilities; passive talents, talent upgrading, having more than 2400 base health, upgrading talents over 2.

I only care about them because they let me get 3 fates for every character. Even ones that I will never use afterwards.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

RareAcumen posted:

Levels are just to get access to the other parts that actually have an impact on your character's abilities; passive talents, talent upgrading, having more than 2400 base health, upgrading talents over 2.

I only care about them because they let me get 3 fates for every character. Even ones that I will never use afterwards.

I'm just a few leylines and half a dozen pyrovines from getting my last character up to 70+.

Amber, forever last in my heart, burn in the fiery depths of my soul.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

1) lesbians
2) skip function

3) bow lockon

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

kater posted:

Like people complain about the commission that takes three minutes to do as being completely intolerable and you can just throw away resin on leylines in seconds, this game is very light on time commitments compared to the other garbage I play.

Yeah, when compared to my other gacha of choice, Arknights, Genshin seems downright respectful of my time. I actually have to play the game once in a while, but I can blow through daily commissions and condense my resin in under 10 minutes, which is way better than needing to spend an hour autopiloting annihilation missions every Monday.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Radical posted:

3) bow lockon

My only experience with Bow carries has been Ganyu and I'm using Yoimiya just for laughs in daily commissions and general exploration and holy poo poo has this been the way it's been since launch?

I don't think I've ever seen a full auto attack string hit anything that wasn't the size of a barn's broad side and even then I think she's launched arrows a million miles to the left of bosses sometimes

Genshin's incredibly aggressive autotarget works great when you're a melee but Yoimiya infuriatingly cycles between targets if there's more than one and they move a half inch to change the targeting priority so your choices are dilute your damage by standing at a reasonable distance, or stand right next to a kairagi rooted in place for five seconds of autoattacks while they wind up something painful

I do have to respect the balls of Miyoho's character team who, looking at how completely unusable 1/5 of their available weapon archetypes are, decide "lets just make a character that goes full throttle into this busted-rear end poo poo". Bow users are terrible if they aren't Ganyu I hope dogboy's kit revolves around never using his weapon

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

silvergoose posted:

I'm just a few leylines and half a dozen pyrovines from getting my last character up to 70+.

Amber, forever last in my heart, burn in the fiery depths of my soul.
I still have four to go, but I also farm talents and give them their own leveled artifacts and level 90 weapon. I really only resent how much resin ascension bosses take up, two full days of bosses to go from 50 to 70 is obnoxious. At least I get an artifact I guess.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

give Gorou a skill that is a shotgun

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

While I do appreciate that everything worth doing in a given day only takes ~15m or so during the work week, it would be really nice if I could also drop something like 6 hours of meaningful/progression gameplay time on a weekend. Unfortunately, that is literally impossible to do even if you pay for the maximum amount of refreshes and go into it with full resin + full condensed. You run into a hard-stop progression wall after maybe ~1.5 hours, and that's if you're taking it slow.

Is that wanting to eat my cake, and have it too? gently caress yeah. Is it unreasonable? I don't really think so, look at other online F2P games like World of Tanks or Warframe where a nice multi-hour weekend play session is par for the course and doesn't have any arbitrary restrictions or barriers on progress, yet you can also progress in bite-sized chunks of 10-15m here and there when you don't have the time for a marathon session.

Granted this is my first gacha game and I loathe mechanics like this in most other mobile/casual games as well, so maybe that's just "how it is" for this genre. Genre? Archtype? Ilk? Whatever.

Stamina/resin is a bad mechanic.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Those games probably also aren't made in China, and while not everything is because of the restrictions, a lot of systems in genshin are made because of the escalating restrictions in general gaming time.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Sanctum posted:

Admittedly the whole "play daily to progress" thing is predatory. But genshin impact is actually mechanically fun to play. I'm not playing it because there's a gun to my head. :shrug: I like the character design, the visual design, the music. I enjoy playing the game so I don't see a problem. Sure I'll get bored eventually but whatever.

I really hope that when the game is done they release it in a remastered non-gacha format. They won't, but that game would be great:

Get characters by completing their character quest, constellations are rare boss drops, gacha weapons are rare domain drops, etc.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Radical posted:

3) bow lockon

4) normal bow charge attack
5) Keqing buffs

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

its kinda funny to consider the concept of "the game being done" because logically all gacha games eventually end depending on how popular they are. genshin is so insanely popular/profitable it could be 20+ years before they have a reason to "finish" the game.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

sushibandit posted:

While I do appreciate that everything worth doing in a given day only takes ~15m or so during the work week, it would be really nice if I could also drop something like 6 hours of meaningful/progression gameplay time on a weekend. Unfortunately, that is literally impossible to do even if you pay for the maximum amount of refreshes and go into it with full resin + full condensed. You run into a hard-stop progression wall after maybe ~1.5 hours, and that's if you're taking it slow.

Is that wanting to eat my cake, and have it too? gently caress yeah. Is it unreasonable? I don't really think so, look at other online F2P games like World of Tanks or Warframe where a nice multi-hour weekend play session is par for the course and doesn't have any arbitrary restrictions or barriers on progress, yet you can also progress in bite-sized chunks of 10-15m here and there when you don't have the time for a marathon session.

Granted this is my first gacha game and I loathe mechanics like this in most other mobile/casual games as well, so maybe that's just "how it is" for this genre. Genre? Archtype? Ilk? Whatever.

Stamina/resin is a bad mechanic.
Counterpoint: it is a good thing that there is no meaningful progression gated behind 6 hours of nolifing every weekend.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i still haven't really touched the new islands and have hangouts to do, plus about half of the current event left. haven't stepped into new abyss either

i still get surprised that people are done with everything unless they reveal a big difference in play schedule, even as a daily player for most of the past year

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Radical posted:

its kinda funny to consider the concept of "the game being done" because logically all gacha games eventually end depending on how popular they are. genshin is so insanely popular/profitable it could be 20+ years before they have a reason to "finish" the game.
It's really hard for *any* game, regardless of quality or cultural impact, to stay relevant for that long. WoW is probably the most relevant example here.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

when i needed it, it took months for the gourmet supremos commission to come up

now that i dont need it; i get it every day :smith:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

dogsicle posted:

give Gorou a skill that is a shotgun
No; give Gorou a shotgun.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Hexel posted:

when i needed it, it took months for the gourmet supremos commission to come up

now that i dont need it; i get it every day :smith:

The gourmet supremos are a bunch of dumb idiots and I love them, I hope they follow us to Sumeru.

For me the worst repeating commission is the "kimono patterns" one, but really any of the narrative commissions that don't have achievements or branching choices should just be barred from repeating once you clear them the first time.

King of Bleh fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 17, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You can't artifact/exp/money grind but you can grind for drops from world enemies and such. Unless you've already got enough of those for every character in the game, in which case uhh grats

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Radical posted:

I would consider it done when the storyline reaches a reasonable narrative conclusion. It looks like that is probably seven nations plus a final chapter.

I mean, I'd buy Honkai Impact 3rd Complete Edition, but there is zero chance I'm going to play two gacha games simultaneously. I have bought welkin +bp since launch on Genshin, for reference.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's definitely not ending at the 7 nations if Genshin is still profitable. The game starts off with the Travelers being dimension hoppers.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

sorry, your sibling is in another dimension! now the player must traverse the 8 regions in an alternate timeline.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

It's definitely not ending at the 7 nations if Genshin is still profitable. The game starts off with the Travelers being dimension hoppers.

i mean at that point itd be like 2026, you could easily make a genshin 2 or a spiritual sequel. of course theyd probably sitll add content to genshin but itd be more of a dripfeed.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Tae posted:

MHY also keeps referring to things as Teyvat Chapter, I sincerely doubt they intend to end after the nations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Radical posted:

sorry, your sibling is in another dimension! now the player must traverse the 8 regions in an alternate timeline.

To learn more about your sibling's journey, you must begin your adventure anew in the genderswap dimension.