Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Well drat, I heard that having and using Qiqi basically makes you immortal, but Bennet and Jean are better? I've gotta buff his healing bonus artifact soon.

I finally started upgrading artifacts again and I burned away 600k mora in no time, It's crazy how fast you can burn through money in this game, coming from single player ones where going broke is an active effort you have to make, like DQ11 or Yakuza.

Jean basically heals the entire off field team and does damage and does some cleanse with her ultimate. She's a slam dunk pick for abyss teams because she does a lot in one slot and she's good on overworld teams between anemo resonance and top off healing/ult heals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

MarcusSA posted:

Did anyone else have an issue with this?

I killed all the dudes and opened the chest but the marker is still up telling me to go there.

There is a spot to dig by the stairs near the house

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sexual Aluminum posted:

There is a spot to dig by the stairs near the house

Thanks! I logged out and back in and it seems to have spawned.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Xiao's release has also boosted Jean's worth by a fair bit, she is an excellent partner for him not only for resonance, but her e recharges fast as hell and generates a shitton of particles to feed your endless plunge spam

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Well I've got Xiao leveled, talents leveled, will hit the BP weapon in the next two days, and I've got all the mats to take Deathmatch to 90 right out of the gate. Good ti...

No Wave posted:

Nope. Next month blackcliff will be back and some of those can be worth it, especially if you don't buy BP.

Motherfucker

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I want Jean because she's pretty hot, NGL.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ibblebibble posted:

This is the only reason that matters.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Jean is a healer who is anemo so I could put her in my party with Sucrose and then everyone will run slightly faster(!!!).

I literally cannot imagine a better character than that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Albedo elevator just breaks all the time vs primo geovishap right? It's not just me? I don't see any discussion about it online.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 15, 2021

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

No Wave posted:

Albedo elevator just breaks all the time vs primo geovishap right? It's not just me? I don't see any discussion about it online.

Breaks versus most if not all bosses iirc due to not being able to spawn in properly

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
enhancement crystals should work on artifacts

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Is leveling a talent from 6 to 7 worth 120k mora?. I have the boss part for Ganyu.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

enhancement crystals should work on artifacts

Agreed.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Mix. posted:

I really wanted Qiqi because she paired well with Razor, and now that my Xiao has replaced Razor as one of my carries she serves him very well (especially when you use her ult before his, it completely erases the HP drain). Slap a Sucrose in the team for the anemo res and use the last slot as a flex (Fischl, Xiangling, XQ/Mona, etc) and just wreck face.

I've been running Xiao/Fisch/Albedo/Qiqi and it's quite a combo. Qiqi + Fisch is great for superconduct, so even if Xiao's ult isn't up he's still wrecking faces.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I really want to like these longbow towers for a quick long range tower option but the amount of times they decide to lock on to something and try to shoot through a wall at it while poo poo just walks under them is... not great.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Bussamove posted:

I really want to like these longbow towers for a quick long range tower option but the amount of times they decide to lock on to something and try to shoot through a wall at it while poo poo just walks under them is... not great.

In coop, I've been starting with a bunch of those and then we slowly replace them with reactive towers but they're amazing for the first wave or two.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

smallmouth posted:

Is leveling a talent from 6 to 7 worth 120k mora?. I have the boss part for Ganyu.

Depends on which talent you have in mind, and whether you have better things to be spending that mora on. Talent levels 6+ cost a lot compared to other areas of progression, and they don't give any more of an increase than previous level-ups.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I level important talents to 7, mostly because BP and events give me gold books and I want to spend them. If you have the gold books already leveling a talent you care about from 6 -> 7 is worth it, you're getting a real 7 to 10 percent damage boost on an ability for 40 resin worth of mora.

Leveling to 8 gets really, really expensive and I've only done it for two talents (pyronado and albedo E).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 15, 2021

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Scaling on talents increases past level 6 generally. If Mora is tight, I'd only upgrade the talents that see the most use on the character though.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
My long-term goal is talents to 9 on important ones for all my main group. Ultimately this is limited by weekly drops. I have a group of 8 "main" people and most of their talents are 8 on their burst, some are 8 on elemental skill, and the two main DPSes are higher for AA. Klee is the only one to 10 because I love her and crowns are finite so far.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

smallmouth posted:

Agreed.

Eh, 120k isn't very much, honestly. That's 40 resin. Assuming you're doing her main attack, you go from 179 to 192% for the Frostflake arrow, and 305 to 326% on the bloom. That's a 7% increase. It's not huge, but it's noticable, and if you've got all the parts sitting around then it's a pretty easy upgrade IMO.

I took her main attack from 6 to 9 recently, and while it was definitely not the most efficient thing I could have done with those resources, that's a >20% boost in DPS. And I use her so much I may go to 10, even though that's definitely inefficient.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

ITT: Every 5 star sucks, use Bennett.

As the leader of my rag-tag team of 6, I can get behind this sentiment.

Currently enjoying exploring the snowy mountains and the area just west of that with my AR 16 party but not entirely thrilled that it seems like bosses hard-reset after about 30 minutes if you haven't killed them, even if you were actively in combat with them at the time.

Got that third golem dude down to like 20% HP, too.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

smallmouth posted:

If you are playing Ganyu via her charge attack and you plan to level up her archery talent, then it is worth it. 120k mora is not a lot; the battle pass expects you to spend at least 500k mora a week, and for getting a perfect clear of the abyss, level 8 talents are a requirement for most.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I find that the boss talent materials actually aren't much of an issue after you've been playing for a while. I think I have several of every single type.

Has anyone tried out the new crossbows for the tower defense minigame? I haven't gotten the points to level it up yet.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I find that the boss talent materials actually aren't much of an issue after you've been playing for a while. I think I have several of every single type.

Has anyone tried out the new crossbows for the tower defense minigame? I haven't gotten the points to level it up yet.

They fire real fast for good damage but the aiming on them is... odd. That might be all turrets though.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

AweStriker posted:

They fire real fast for good damage but the aiming on them is... odd. That might be all turrets though.

Having one or two at the top of a long, winding path is worth it since the shots are homing after Lv.5 and they have very long range. Couple this with an electro/cryo combo at an enemy gate to superconduct them on the way in (or just an electro if you have Ganyu) and you have very efficient damage over a large area.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Ibblebibble posted:

She is but I can't take her seriously when her hold E makes her boobs do a WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE TUBE GUY routine. My girlfriend saw me playing and was all WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER THEY HAVE A MIND OF THEIR OWN

miHoYo please give this woman some support thank you

Also Keqing banner is Bennett, Barbara, and Ningguang, which means I won't be pulling at all whatsoever.

Rumor has it that Hu Tao's banner will have Razor, Xingqiu, and Chongyun and I'm SO READY. Give me the cute stabby funeral lady and all the himbo constellations

Framboise fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 15, 2021

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Framboise posted:

Give me the cute stabby funeral lady and all the himbo constellations

Oh, right.
The banner.
The banner for Hu Tao, the banner chosen especially to pull Hu Tao, Hu Tao's banner.
That banner?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

So I'm currently running Tartaglia and Diluc as my dps, both are level 90. I run Barbara to set up vapourizes and heal, while Xingaling is there for the fire resonance bonus and to ult for Tartaglia's vapourizes.

I'm thinking I could do better for support though, and Bennett is on the next banner. Do you folks think running him and Xingqui would work better? I've got a stockpile of books and I'm thinking of pushing a couple supports to 90, just so I can run a max level party.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Pushing supports to 90 is kinda meh, but if you got so much spare and no characters you really want then why not.

If you have XQ and Diluc you should put them in a group and never let them out of it. Bennet is great in any group, but in your Childe group he'd allow for big stupid ult vapes so that's a plus.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Framboise posted:

Rumor has it that Hu Tao's banner will have Razor, Xingqiu, and Chongyun and I'm SO READY. Give me the cute stabby funeral lady and all the himbo constellations

It's noelle probably, not Razor.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tae posted:

It's noelle probably, not Razor.

Again so soon? She was just on the last one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Framboise posted:

I-is Razor the himbo in that group? I don't feel like that fits anyone really.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

h eavy swords
i ntelligent
m ale
b ooks
o kay i don't have one for this

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

When they force new maps for the final difficulty and I can't reset until I get the good map I'm screwed. On a couple of the maps I couldn't figure out how you'd ever full clear them without the prerequisite Ganyu pull. There's always that single wave 2 samachurl who is too fast to be targeted by anything.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mailer posted:

When they force new maps for the final difficulty and I can't reset until I get the good map I'm screwed. On a couple of the maps I couldn't figure out how you'd ever full clear them without the prerequisite Ganyu pull. There's always that single wave 2 samachurl who is too fast to be targeted by anything.

You can stagger/throw them around with your own units.

Also the electro towers are good for fast movers

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

dogsicle posted:

h eavy swords
i ntelligent
m ale
b ooks
o kay i don't have one for this

overpowered

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Mines are incredibly strong and can easily be placed as emergencies to stop enemies from running past. Doubly so if you can get a reaction with them with any source of ice/water AoE.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

setting hydro+cryo in chokepoints seems to be a generically strong strategy. depending on map you can lead that with an electro tower for SC/EC reactions and you of course follow the choke with a pyro.

gust towers can be useful early on for keeping samachurls/berserkers in that death zone, regardless i usually wait a bit back in case i need to push or stagger something with Jean. i only feel like there's an issue with trying to get both the limited towers and perfect clear achievements but with more aggressive use of hazards or Jean that could probably be different.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Framboise posted:

She is but I can't take her seriously when her hold E makes her boobs do a WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE TUBE GUY routine. My girlfriend saw me playing and was all WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER THEY HAVE A MIND OF THEIR OWN

miHoYo please give this woman some support thank you

Every woman with that base skeleton has the same issue, I noticed it on Ningguang during a cutscene. Teyvat has never invented bra tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Ibblebibble posted:

Every woman with that base skeleton has the same issue, I noticed it on Ningguang during a cutscene. Teyvat has never invented bra tech.

I mean, Rosaria.