Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah I’ve gotten the third kid once out of prolly twenty or more total. it’s a little race thing. They actually have a little story reason why he is never picked that is explained in a Chang the ninth quest. One of the three options for that.

I did finally cure the girl in mondstadt, haven’t noticed if they are still messing about the fountain afterward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I've complained about the random dailies tied to achievements on pretty much every survey. I don't mind them being rare, but when you have zero chance of controlling which version of the quest you get, that's bad. At least remove the "completed" routes from the pool.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I did the storyteller commission for the first time last week. I'm waiting on my third Fatui one from the guy in the church, but I can't remember which options I've picked before so I'm probably screwed there. I'm sure I've given all four types of items to the Geo Archon diary guy, but the achievement won't complete. Doesn't help that he removes the hints from my inventory sometimes

Of course, the commission pool will dilute further once the third nation arrives

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I finally completed "Love Is All Around". No pirates completed yet, though.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

How am I supposed to deal with two hydro skirmishers and an electro hammer guy? I'm about of a level with them (They are about level 61, my Razor is about 63, my Fischel about 56, my traveller is my only ascended to level 70 character), but I just cant seem to outdamage their healing. The hydro guys always split up, and whichever one I hammer on just gets healed up by the other one. I know I use electro to break their shield, but my levelled electro guys just cant seem to put enough damage out to beat the healing, so I think I must be missing something. I nearly got one of them down, once, then the electro hammer guy charged in from offscreen and killed Razor, and by the time her death animation was done the hydro guy was shielded, 10 seconds later he was back on full health.

This is the "go fight these enemies" from todays branch of the strange hillichurl event.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I also just got the third pirate daily for the first time today. :tinfoil:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

SiKboy posted:

How am I supposed to deal with two hydro skirmishers and an electro hammer guy? I'm about of a level with them (They are about level 61, my Razor is about 63, my Fischel about 56, my traveller is my only ascended to level 70 character), but I just cant seem to outdamage their healing. The hydro guys always split up, and whichever one I hammer on just gets healed up by the other one. I know I use electro to break their shield, but my levelled electro guys just cant seem to put enough damage out to beat the healing, so I think I must be missing something. I nearly got one of them down, once, then the electro hammer guy charged in from offscreen and killed Razor, and by the time her death animation was done the hydro guy was shielded, 10 seconds later he was back on full health.

This is the "go fight these enemies" from todays branch of the strange hillichurl event.

Well, for one thing you don't actually need to kill them with an Electro character if they're underleveled. You can break the shield and then switch to a better character. For the purposes of breaking shields, stats don't matter at all, only the "elemental power" of the skill, which is a hidden stat each elemental attack has. A level 1 character is just as good at shield breaking as a level 90 character (albeit more at risk of dying).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SiKboy posted:

Can you play it like an MMO and have Fischl shoot one of them with an arrow and get them to chase after you and fight them separately or are they all a team that moves together as a singular unit?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Also each attack has a short cooldown before it can damage a shield bar again. Only really noticeable with catalyst users and archers (aimed shots seem to have a cooldown just slightly longer than their charge time so you have to space your shots).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is Barbara worth investing in?

I've been rolling with Traveler, Chongyun, Xiangling, and Xingqiu the past couple days and it's been really fun freezing dudes and then having Chongyun shatter them, but a healer seems nice to have since I'm taking damage more than I maybe should. I could bring Noelle back in for her shield or raise up Barbara, but I'm not sure who I'd replace. I guess I use Traveler the least of the four in my current party?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Harrow posted:

I've been rolling with Traveler, Chongyun, Xiangling, and Xingqiu the past couple days and it's been really fun freezing dudes and then having Chongyun shatter them, but a healer seems nice to have since I'm taking damage more than I maybe should. I could bring Noelle back in for her shield or raise up Barbara, but I'm not sure who I'd replace. I guess I use Traveler the least of the four in my current party?

Not really. Her problem is she heals and maybe applies wet. There are other healers in the game who heal and do other stuff like shield or cleanse or do damage.

That said, don't feel bad about using her while levelling. Having a HoT that you can keep hitting to keep everyone topped up while levelling is great, and there's a 3* catalyst that gives an attack buff when you switch off of her which you should try to get to refine 5 as soon as possible. Stat boosts like that are a way bigger deal while levelling before you get good artifacts.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Seems legit

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Harrow posted:

Xingqiu can work for spot healing once you have his first ascension talent, but that relies on good shielding or avoidance to minimize damage. I used him as my only healer for a long time but that was with albedo for constant shield crystals and Beidou to just shrug off huge hits.

Barbara is ONLY good for healing, though, and she self-applies wet. This is torture against anything cryo. She feels like dead weight a lot of the time and actively harmful when you get chain frozen.

If you have Bennet or Diona I would use one of them over Barbara. Noelle is okay but she has to be on field for a long time to get any healing done.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

RareAcumen posted:

Can you play it like an MMO and have Fischl shoot one of them with an arrow and get them to chase after you and fight them separately or are they all a team that moves together as a singular unit?

It turns out, sorta! Unfortunately the hydro pricks AI is "shoot at you, then heal ally", so they dont seem to want to follow you, they'll wait and fire in your general direction, then fire their healing shot, then repeat rather than moving out of each others eyeline. However I did manage to kite the electro hammer guy over a ridge and kill him first, which meant that I could fight the water guys without him charging in from off screen, and I eventually managed to beat their healing by just whaling on one of them with my highest attack character whenever he wasnt shielded, as Clarste pointed out that once the shield is broken theres no need to keep using the electro character.

That was very much not fun. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CJ posted:

Not really. Her problem is she heals and maybe applies wet. There are other healers in the game who heal and do other stuff like shield or cleanse or do damage.

That said, don't feel bad about using her while levelling. Having a HoT that you can keep hitting to keep everyone topped up while levelling is great, and there's a 3* catalyst that gives an attack buff when you switch off of her which you should try to get to refine 5 as soon as possible. Stat boosts like that are a way bigger deal while levelling before you get good artifacts.

Ah okay, I think that's what I meant by "invest in." Like is she worth the resources to get to like level 20 or 40 or something for leveling. I know character leveling/ascension resources can be precious later on but I'm not sure what level can still be worth it for a character you're not necessarily going to use long-term.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

If you have Bennet or Diona I would use one of them over Barbara. Noelle is okay but she has to be on field for a long time to get any healing done.

I really wish I had Bennett :negative: I started too late to get enough starglitter in time to grab him from the store probably so I'll just be hoping he shows up in a wish some day.

Maybe I'll swap in Noelle just to have some shielding at least. I feel odd switching out Traveler already but the other characters are all more useful right now so :shrug:

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 1, 2021

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

80 pulls later and i've got no eula, but now i've got mona and c6 xingqiu. in what party setup would mona be preferrable to xingqiu? does she need fire dps on her team? i was thinking of pairing her up with ganyu

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

SiKboy posted:

Try putting down a Fischl bird, Kaeya bursting, then beating one of the hydro guys down with Razor's burst. The Kaeya burst will help a lot with the shields, and make sure to keep blasting his ice out after the bursts are over, him or any other cryo character you can swap in will be able to take care of the electro shield after you take down the healers.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

CJ posted:

Barbara does cleanse, she just cleanses in the worst possible way because applying Freeze or Electro-Charged to yourself is hilariously bad. But "cleanse" in this game is defined as applying an element to yourself to react away negative status effects and Barbara is possibly the best character in the game at applying elements to herself. It's just that Hydro really sucks at cleansing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SiKboy posted:

It turns out, sorta! Unfortunately the hydro pricks AI is "shoot at you, then heal ally", so they dont seem to want to follow you, they'll wait and fire in your general direction, then fire their healing shot, then repeat rather than moving out of each others eyeline. However I did manage to kite the electro hammer guy over a ridge and kill him first, which meant that I could fight the water guys without him charging in from off screen, and I eventually managed to beat their healing by just whaling on one of them with my highest attack character whenever he wasnt shielded, as Clarste pointed out that once the shield is broken theres no need to keep using the electro character.

That was very much not fun. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it!

I'm not sure how far along in the story you are, my next bit of advice would've been to try again but go to a Liyue statue and get your Traveller running Geo and drop a pillar in the way of the healing shot. Since you can block it with Ningguang's screen and I'm betting those blocks too.

Also, I did the superstitious Eula wish strategy of going to the Brightmoon Canyon beach as Amber and I got her like, 30 wishes after I got Jean. So I think it works? That's a massive relief, I was about to spend like 50$ to get more primogems. Also got like, Xingqiu c7 and another Rust so, all in all, very good pull.

But we'll see how wishing for Klee goes, on the other hand...

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Harrow posted:

I really wish I had Bennett :negative: I started too late to get enough starglitter in time to grab him from the store probably so I'll just be hoping he shows up in a wish some day.

The most recent banner that had him was back in late February, so he might come around sooner rather than later.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Rumor is Bennett will be on the Kazuha banner in 4 weeks (alongside Razor and Rosaria). I will be putting at least 100 rolls into that banner.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is there any particularly strong reason to keep using Traveler in my team while leveling/doing story? I might swap him out for Noelle just to have a shield

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There are Geo puzzles in liyue, and a lot of quests need ameno if you don't have sucrose or the 5 stars.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not sure how far along in the story you are, my next bit of advice would've been to try again but go to a Liyue statue and get your Traveller running Geo and drop a pillar in the way of the healing shot. Since you can block it with Ningguang's screen and I'm betting those blocks too.

Also, I did the superstitious Eula wish strategy of going to the Brightmoon Canyon beach as Amber and I got her like, 30 wishes after I got Jean. So I think it works? That's a massive relief, I was about to spend like 50$ to get more primogems. Also got like, Xingqiu c7 and another Rust so, all in all, very good pull.

But we'll see how wishing for Klee goes, on the other hand...

I'm I think up to date with the story, I'm adventure level 40 and there arent currently any main quests waiting in my quest log. It just turns out you can play a fair bit of this game without actually being much good at it! Case in point, I'm really bad at using the Geo traveller, the pillars I drop with her tend to get in my way more than anything else. I did pull Zhongli from the last banner and contemplated trying to petrify the wet boys, but I havent got round to levelling him past 21 yet, and am currently a little short of character experience materials and mora (just need to do some minor grinding on blossoms when I can be bothered).

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Harrow posted:

Is there any particularly strong reason to keep using Traveler in my team while leveling/doing story? I might swap him out for Noelle just to have a shield

the only reason to use traveler is to trigger elemental statues/make platforms while doing exploration puzzles, and you can just swap them back in for the few times that's necessary

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Clarste posted:

Barbara does cleanse, she just cleanses in the worst possible way because applying Freeze or Electro-Charged to yourself is hilariously bad. But "cleanse" in this game is defined as applying an element to yourself to react away negative status effects and Barbara is possibly the best character in the game at applying elements to herself. It's just that Hydro really sucks at cleansing.
Strangely enough, applying Anemo to yourself has no downsides as it creates a Swirl originating from the character, but is considered friendly and doesn't damage you. This means Jean is the only cleanser who can't gently caress you over at any point; even Bennett can cause problems if you end up self-Overloading. Not sure why the non-Jean characters who infuse their element get to suffer negative reactions. I'm also not sure what the actual benefit of constantly reapplying Wet is supposed to be for Barbara, since just about everything she can "cleanse" will do something nasty to you when it does so.

As far as building Barbara goes, she does have an intensely gimmicky setup where she can spam Charged Attacks due to her CAs having an utterly absurd multiplier compared to other Catalyst users, and she has the option to Vaporize. The reason nobody does it is because investing in Barbara's regular attack is pretty gross, she wants HP% over ATK%/Crit from artifacts normally, and there isn't a Xingqiu-equivalent Pyro support who can keep reapplying Pyro for her to Vaporize away. In theory, if such a Pyro support did exist, Barbara with Wanderer's would be a reasonably effective damage dealer who could do full damage Vaporizes instead of the reverse ones that Pyro carries do. But unless you're planning on building a character strictly for the memes or the expectation of a character that doesn't exist yet, I would probably not dump skill books into her.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Anyone have any idea of the merits of DEF Down as opposed to Resistance Down?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SiKboy posted:

I'm I think up to date with the story, I'm adventure level 40 and there arent currently any main quests waiting in my quest log. It just turns out you can play a fair bit of this game without actually being much good at it! Case in point, I'm really bad at using the Geo traveller, the pillars I drop with her tend to get in my way more than anything else. I did pull Zhongli from the last banner and contemplated trying to petrify the wet boys, but I havent got round to levelling him past 21 yet, and am currently a little short of character experience materials and mora (just need to do some minor grinding on blossoms when I can be bothered).

Yeah that was me playing this game too! I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and kinda wasted a lot of my initial rolls as I was starting out because this was my first Gacha game and they throw a lot of Terms and Nouns at you when you start playing it. It went a lot smoother when I remembered there'd probably be a thread about it on here to ask people 'hey what the gently caress am I doing?'

I personally wasn't a big fan of the traveller either, so I swapped over to using Razor when people started telling me he was great and I basically just used him for most fights. And it's not till C6 Xingqiu that I've got a one-handed sword user that I actually enjoy fighting with.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Nakar posted:

Strangely enough, applying Anemo to yourself has no downsides as it creates a Swirl originating from the character, but is considered friendly and doesn't damage you. This means Jean is the only cleanser who can't gently caress you over at any point; even Bennett can cause problems if you end up self-Overloading. Not sure why the non-Jean characters who infuse their element get to suffer negative reactions. I'm also not sure what the actual benefit of constantly reapplying Wet is supposed to be for Barbara, since just about everything she can "cleanse" will do something nasty to you when it does so.

When you put it like that, I think Geo would be the absolute best element to self-apply for cleansing purposes—Crystallize doesn't deal much damage and you'd get a useful shield shard out of it.

Maybe we'll get a Geo support that relies on self-Crystallize to generate shields someday; that'd be neat.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's based on Chinese time. I just set an alert on my phone for 9 PM .

Selane
May 19, 2006

Harrow posted:

Ah okay, I think that's what I meant by "invest in." Like is she worth the resources to get to like level 20 or 40 or something for leveling. I know character leveling/ascension resources can be precious later on but I'm not sure what level can still be worth it for a character you're not necessarily going to use long-term.
For the record, you should level every character to 20 and ascend them once, because you get a Fate in return and the first ascension costs basically nothing(3 and 3 on mats plus one gem sliver).

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Today I finally completed "Love Is All Around". No pirates completed yet, though.

Now you can start working on the opposite (hidden) achievement where you need to screw up all the signs.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Anyone have any idea of the merits of DEF Down as opposed to Resistance Down?

Resistance is a pure % reduction. So if something has 20% resistance you deal 80% damage to it, and you inflict -20% resistance down, you're just going back up to 100%. (note that if you reduce something's resistance below 0%, it's halved, so 10% with a 20% down is -5%).

Defense is more complicated than that, but for equal levels between your character and the enemy, -23% defense (Klee's c2) is a ~12% damage increase.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Harrow posted:

If you were using a entire geo party, geo traveler can act as a battery for the team, fueling Zhongli’s meteors and Ningguang can stand on the traveler’s platforms which can help her attacks hit. Otherwise not really.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Res down is so powerful for the first 20% of it or so that you should look to include at least some in all your comps when possible. The easiest way to do this is with anemo via the viridescent venerer set or with zhong li. Other ways include superconduct, Xiangling C1, Beidou C6, Xingqiu C2, etc.

It has diminishing returns in the sense that once enemies have 0% resistance to something res down only becomes half as effective. So VV will take a 70% res enemy down to 30% (a 133% damage increase!) or a 0% enemy down to -20% ("only" a 20% damage increase). Most enemies have 10% resistance to most elements.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I see Spiral Abyss ramps up pretty quickly in difficulty huh :stare:

I hit AR 20 and was like, cool, I can go get that billet and make a cool spear for Xiangling, and then I hit the second floor and everything was level 40 already

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Harrow posted:

I see Spiral Abyss ramps up pretty quickly in difficulty huh :stare:

I hit AR 20 and was like, cool, I can go get that billet and make a cool spear for Xiangling, and then I hit the second floor and everything was level 40 already

Abyss 8 has level 70 enemies so yeah its something you check back and do a floor once per world level increase.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

AweStriker posted:

When you use it, it will put a weird floaty thing in front of you. Interact with this thing and deposit a bunch of ordinary items into it. Then, attack it with lots of elements. (or lots of one element). You’ll get stuff that usually costs resin and then the transformer goes on cooldown for a week.

just did a few chambers Spiral Abyss for the first time last night and had 8 of those little artifact chests by the end, opened them all and it was all unimpressive blue stuff. did I just close my own dick in a drawer by not feeding them into whatever this object is

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

SlimGoodbody posted:

just did a few chambers Spiral Abyss for the first time last night and had 8 of those little artifact chests by the end, opened them all and it was all unimpressive blue stuff. did I just close my own dick in a drawer by not feeding them into whatever this object is

no

the artifacts are going to be eventually fed into good artifacts to make those better, don't worry bout it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Parametric transformer only eats plants and monster drops. I tend to give mine slime condensate or mitachurl horns.

I would put mint in there but my wife collects mint (she has over 5k) and she would be horrified if I were to yeet it into the gadget.