Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

What Eula quest needs to be completed for the new content? I’m at the etiquette quest step where I need to run a gauntlet without getting hit over in DragonsSpine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mill Village posted:

What Eula quest needs to be completed for the new content? I’m at the etiquette quest step where I need to run a gauntlet without getting hit over in DragonsSpine.

you just have to get out of any step of the quest that involves Jean. i only had to get yelled at by the dude and run into Amber and that freed her up enough that i could start the islands.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mill Village posted:

the Eula quest isn't a prereq, but Genshin does this thing where if you're in the middle of a story quest it can lock you out of other content because NPCs are busy

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Dramatika posted:

I think the feature I want more than anything in this game is to be able to mark artifacts as fodder from the reward screen. I know full well that the Def % maiden hat with flat def, flat atk, and flat HP is never getting any investment, just let me mark it for fodder, god drat

Oh god yes this. Didnt know it's what I wanted, but it's now top of my list. Going through artifacts to fodder is a giant pain in the rear end.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

dogsicle posted:

you just have to get out of any step of the quest that involves Jean. i only had to get yelled at by the dude and run into Amber and that freed her up enough that i could start the islands.

Hey, you're right. I just progressed along the Eula quest a little and I was permitted to progress the event quest

:negative:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mix. posted:

The outfits will be available for purchase after 1.6, they aren't limited, so you don't have to worry about missing them.

Oh yeah I know, I just mean that Jean's is cheaper right now and I just bought a new Welkin Moon so I've already got 300 crystals on me right now so I could buy it for a smaller top up than having to start from scratch and it's kinda tempting

Selane posted:

I can do better than that; I couldn't start the new content because of a pending unfinished Noelle hangout. Then I finished it and still can't do it because of the Eula thing. :v: Guess it's time to finally get that done.

Oh gently caress, I didn't think those would ever come back to haunt me. I haven't done any of the hangouts aside from Chongyun's and I still haven't even done Hu Tao's character quest let alone Eula's. I guess I'd better mainline those things when I've got time then.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am irrationally annoyed that I dumped like 50 saved-up wishes into the Klee banner and got four Barbaras and not a single Sucrose

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hangouts require you manually starting them before they lock any characters down afaik, because they don't appear in your quest list until then. character quests are the ones to worry about, but like in this case you can probably just progress them a bit and have the character you need free for whatever other quest.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Harrow posted:

I am irrationally annoyed that I dumped like 50 saved-up wishes into the Klee banner and got four Barbaras and not a single Sucrose

A smug rear end in a top hat would say "welcome to Genshin". I have so many >6 cons I don't think I'll ever run out of glitter. The odds on 4* pulls make you think you'll win but you never do.

Welcome to Genshin. :getin:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

really want kazuha but klee is also very tempting, aaaaaargh

stopping myself because i still havent finished getting artifacts for childe so a new 5* that i dont already have some stuff for would just be more work (and also i have yanfei), but.... klee :3:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Harrow posted:

Welcome to probability. Given the odds, you are on average supposed to get an on-banner 4* at around your 36th roll, so you got unlucky, but the variance of the odds make it so that you almost guaranteed to get at least one Sucrose by your 147th roll. (These are statistical odds, and there is not pity to guarantee getting any specific 4* on banner. Roll at your discretion!)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://youtu.be/WsOQ0vAjRsk

enjoyed that the takeaway from "is overload good now?" is "sure, but did you see how loving busted Venti is now lol"

though i never watched iwtl's account overview so i assume this is a C6 Venti accounting for some of the ridiculousness aside from his usual insane artifact grind.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Flair posted:

Welcome to probability. Given the odds, you are on average supposed to get an on-banner 4* at around your 36th roll, so you got unlucky, but the variance of the odds make it so that you almost guaranteed to get at least one Sucrose by your 147th roll. (These are statistical odds, and there is not pity to guarantee getting any specific 4* on banner. Roll at your discretion!)

I thought character banners did the same thing with 4*s they do with 5*s, where you're guaranteed that at least every second roll of that rarity will be on-banner. Or, less awkardly phrased, you can't go more than 20 rolls on the character banner without an on-banner 4* character showing up. Unless a 5* shows up in the middle and resets the "4* or above" pity counter.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, I know it's completely within the possibility of the probability. I'm just bemoaning my bad luck. It'd be one thing if I wasn't constantly getting on-banner 4*s that are just Barbara over and over again :v:

Still got almost three weeks left on this banner, there will be more rolls.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Instant Grat posted:

I thought character banners did the same thing with 4*s they do with 5*s, where you're guaranteed that at least every second roll of that rarity will be on-banner. Or, less awkardly phrased, you can't go more than 20 rolls on the character banner without an on-banner 4* character showing up. Unless a 5* shows up in the middle and resets the "4* or above" pity counter.
Corect. What that poster meant is that on average you'll get each specific average rate up character once per 36 rolls over millions of rolls (if their algo isn't rigged).

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

No Wave posted:

Corect. What that poster meant is that on average you'll get each specific average rate up character once per 36 rolls over millions of rolls (if their algo isn't rigged).

Oh I thought they meant "any on-banner 4*", not a specific one out of the three

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Oh I just saw they buffed 4TF as well. It buffs reactions by 40% now instead of 15%. That's pretty sick!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dogsicle posted:

https://youtu.be/WsOQ0vAjRsk

enjoyed that the takeaway from "is overload good now?" is "sure, but did you see how loving busted Venti is now lol"

though i never watched iwtl's account overview so i assume this is a C6 Venti accounting for some of the ridiculousness aside from his usual insane artifact grind.

maybe this is just their way of making sure people buy the new anemo guy in a few weeks

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I put in like 80 rolls on the Eula banner and got Jean and then 30 rolls later got Eula. Is that my guarantee already used or not? I had a guarantee for Venti so the pattern follows but I'm not sure if it's a dice roll now.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
If you pull the rate up, you're on a 50-50 for the next 5*.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

RareAcumen posted:

Oh gently caress, I didn't think those would ever come back to haunt me. I haven't done any of the hangouts aside from Chongyun's and I still haven't even done Hu Tao's character quest let alone Eula's. I guess I'd better mainline those things when I've got time then.

I think if you haven't used a story key and gotten the little pop up saying the character quest has started, you'll be good.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RareAcumen posted:

I put in like 80 rolls on the Eula banner and got Jean and then 30 rolls later got Eula. Is that my guarantee already used or not?
You are back to 50/50 now. Your guarantee got used on Eula.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

Oh I just saw they buffed 4TF as well. It buffs reactions by 40% now instead of 15%. That's pretty sick!

I believe it's always been 40%, but at the very least it was 40% before this patch. It actually got a nerf with them fixing the super vape bug.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe this is just their way of making sure people buy the new anemo guy in a few weeks

Yeah if Kazuha relies on swirling a lot then this does seem like it makes him a lot more attractive to pull for

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tanreall posted:

I believe it's always been 40%, but at the very least it was 40% before this patch. It actually got a nerf with them fixing the super vape bug.

yeah, it's been 40% since launch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9weDWgRuRg&t=173s

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wow, I'm dumb. I got mixed up.

In that case... it's pretty bad and should have been buffed to go alongside the EM changes. 2 Wander 2TF is better than 4TF until you get over 300 EM unless you're doing Bennett stuff.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 9, 2021

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

what a strange event. was expecting anime sunny sunshine bikini beach adventure & spent the first 20 minutes chugging through dense fog in silence.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Harrow posted:

Last... december? I managed to get Albedo and 6 Bennetts on a banner while failing to get a single Sucrose.

I still have yet to pull an on-banner Sucrose, but I did luck her as an off-banner pull a few months later,

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, Thundering Fury should actually be worse now in terms of returns. Its damage bonus is additive with EM, at least when I tested it long ago, so it went from being worth ~90 EM to ~50 EM

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it always seemed a bit odd for VV to get +60% while the other reactions capped at +40%

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sanctum posted:

Wait, am I not supposed to be pumping C0 characters all the way up to L70? Don't know what else I'd do, all I have is c0 and c1 chars.

How do I get gold when the chests dry up? I can do the ley lines but it seems like a waste of resin when I need the weapon/talent/character ascension materials. Also artifacts jesus I'm still using blues.

You will reach a point where you don't need to farm weapon/talent/ascension materials often. I currently use most resin on artifact domains and will dip into the gold/XP leylines if I'm running low. I only really do the talent/ascension ones when I want to level some new character (you get a decent amount from events and stuff).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

xedo posted:

Last... december? I managed to get Albedo and 6 Bennetts on a banner while failing to get a single Sucrose.

I still have yet to pull an on-banner Sucrose, but I did luck her as an off-banner pull a few months later,

:cursed:

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

_jink posted:

what a strange event. was expecting anime sunny sunshine bikini beach adventure & spent the first 20 minutes chugging through dense fog in silence.

Yeah it's weirdly off base from how they marketed it. Even after you light the beacons, phase 1 is way more piracy/Waterworld focused than any sort of spring break vibe.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sucrose was the first character I C6ed. I think I C4ed her on the first Klee banner. Still mad I didn't get Klee.

I managed to but 70 rolls into this banner and never getting her once, which is good luck. Still didn't get Klee. Still mad.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sucrose like all anemo characters is not good.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

kater posted:

She's not good, she's great?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

kater posted:

Jean is awesome :colbert:

Venti is bad, but brokenly good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

kater posted:

Weirdest take yet

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King of Bleh posted:

Yeah it's weirdly off base from how they marketed it. Even after you light the beacons, phase 1 is way more piracy/Waterworld focused than any sort of spring break vibe.

The first phase in particular is "cleaning the area out, because otherwise you can't enjoy it without being attacked by hillis or sth"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

King of Bleh posted:

Its is oddly hilarious to be fighting a bunch of monster that can't swim on tiny platforms in the middle of the ocean with a bunch of character that have knockback skills.