Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

would definitely like a second pass on the controls since the whole thing feels a bit sluggish or like it has lots of inertia. also the weaker ship cannon should really just be something you can auto-fire rather than constant clicking, not that destroying platforms seems particularly useful aside from the barrier ones you just use homing on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Saw this video on element application ICD today on Enviosity's stream. Considering the reaction buffs, it's probably a good time to learn about it if you don't know. Even if you're aware of ICD, it goes into some specific things that aren't common knowledge.

tl;dw: ICD is (generally) grouped into attack, skill, and burst (i.e. each has its own ICD), and each has either a 2.5 second or 3 hit cooldown, whichever happens first. This explains why catalyst users don't always damage shields, why Kaeya's burst seems to apply Cryo randomly, why Xingqiu's Hydro application is so insane, and why Venti is so strong (uh, stronger) after the buff

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 10, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The ship controls work a lot better on phone somehow.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Hazdoc posted:

crystallize shields just got buffed by a lot, so they're pretty viable too.

Albedo puts up crystals so consistently offscreen that he was already close to second behind Zhongli, so I'm guessing he's awesome now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

Saw this video on element application ICD today on Enviosity's stream. Considering the reaction buffs, it's probably a good time to learn about it if you don't know. Even if you're aware of ICD, it goes into some specific things that aren't common knowledge.

tl;dw: ICD is (generally) grouped into attack, skill, and burst (i.e. each has its own ICD), and each has either a 2.5 second or 3 hit cooldown, whichever happens first. This explains why catalyst users don't always damage shields, why Kaeya's burst seems to apply Cryo randomly, why Xingqiu's Hydro application is so insane, and why Venti is so strong (uh, stronger) after the buff
There are some exceptions - Hu Tao's charge attack has no ICD for no reason, both parts of Ganyu's charge attack melt for no reason. I wasn't aware about 3 hit being a common rule though, that's good to know.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
There's a massive and confusing chart on the wiki page for the elemental gauge theory of ICDs by character/skill, or rather was. Someone removed it for some reason, but you can find it in the history before June 7. In fact, I think the whole section the Youtuber based the vid on got greatly simplified so that it lost a ton of important details. It included information like certain characters not having the default ICD properties. Hopefully it gets rewritten to be more intuitive and added back in.

Anyway, Sucrose carry with Fischl/Xingqiu/Diona support is a pretty dang fun comp. Very good at melting small groups of medium sized enemies, so perfect for many bosses, elite mob runs, and certain domains. Weaknesses are that it's very energy hungry, has long cooldowns, and it's terrible for exploration due to no claymore.

https://i.imgur.com/reHMqUm.mp4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't understand, can someone explain what Beidou's ult does? I've used her maybe 5 times since getting her to lvl 70 for the free wishes so I'm probably just not paying enough attention

Ardlen posted:

You are back to 50/50 now. Your guarantee got used on Eula.

Oh god the pressure

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's similar to XQ's. you get a shield that absorbs some damage and your normal and charged attacks release lightning that hits enemies and can bounce between multiple enemies to deal more damage.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Fianlly started the Legend of Genshin: Anemo Waker

honestly this is pretty fun

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Beidou's shield is really good against fights that have exactly two enemies. I can farm Pale Flame/Millelith in under a minute now

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I know it’s not much but I really like Jean’s outfit. I got her on the beginner banner and she was basically the main character as I played through the game and I was always put off by her ridiculous pants and how much the game shows off booty while exploring. Plus her normal animations feel like they match someone a lot more breezy than a friggin military officer.

Anyways it could have been more elaborate with va and animations and w/e but I don’t feel bad signing up for forever welkin and trading eight wishes for it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Concurred posted:

Beidou's shield is really good against fights that have exactly two enemies. I can farm Pale Flame/Millelith in under a minute now
More to the point, it chains between enemies... but can bounce back to the initial enemy once it hits something else. With her C2 and two enemies it just ping pongs back and forth and winds up doing like three times the listed damage. It's a niche situation but a surprisingly common one, and even against larger groups it does really good AOE damage; Beidou really only winds up weak one on one.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

kater posted:

I know it’s not much but I really like Jean’s outfit. I got her on the beginner banner and she was basically the main character as I played through the game and I was always put off by her ridiculous pants and how much the game shows off booty while exploring. Plus her normal animations feel like they match someone a lot more breezy than a friggin military officer.

Anyways it could have been more elaborate with va and animations and w/e but I don’t feel bad signing up for forever welkin and trading eight wishes for it.

What's weird about her pants?*

*beyond the weirdness of EVERYONE'S clothes in an anime fantasy gacha game

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

SlimGoodbody posted:

What's weird about her pants?*

*beyond the weirdness of EVERYONE'S clothes in an anime fantasy gacha game

They're reallllllly form fitting

dogsicle posted:

Sucrose is the best anemo, at least until we get Sayu

I really want the weapon to be way bigger than her.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 10, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it's similar to XQ's. you get a shield that absorbs some damage and your normal and charged attacks release lightning that hits enemies and can bounce between multiple enemies to deal more damage.

Concurred posted:

Asimo posted:

More to the point, it chains between enemies... but can bounce back to the initial enemy once it hits something else. With her C2 and two enemies it just ping pongs back and forth and winds up doing like three times the listed damage. It's a niche situation but a surprisingly common one, and even against larger groups it does really good AOE damage; Beidou really only winds up weak one on one.

Huh, interesting. I got like 3 Xinyans and Xinqius in the process of wishing for Eula but somehow only a single Beidou.

So uh, fingers crossed on Klee's banner! Any chance people know any superstitious wishing locations for her?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This new event is kind of neat. I like boating between the islands, though I don't like shooting the boat gun. I'm curious about what the plot's going to be.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Anyone figure out the water level/music puzzle on the Broken Isle?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm surprised that Dodoco Tales is a free weapon. I was sure it was going to be a new 4* weapon on the banner for some reason.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

I'm surprised that Dodoco Tales is a free weapon. I was sure it was going to be a new 4* weapon on the banner for some reason.

At first glance it seems like it'd be amazing for Yanfei as well

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Real quick check, my lvl 85 Sucrose with 761 EM deals ~5200 damage per swirl on a hilichurl now.
With the speed she can pop these off, that's comparable to my Eula's unbuffed melee crits (5000-6000) or my Diluc's non-crit skill vaporize (4000-6000).

At catalyst range, without needing to crit, pretty damned fast. Before counting the extra ~2100 damage from Fischl nearly every attack (according to some quick calcs, didn't try that one while looking at numbers), or Sucrose's own damage that I forgot to calc but from memory is about another 500 an attack, and both of those can crit, and I forgot to count VV or any of Fischl's bonuses for that Fischl damage. (But also just closed the game and am getting ready for bed.)

As a Sucrose main, this patch makes me very happy.

Almost makes up for my Sucrose only being C3, after rolling enough on Albedo's banner for her that my Bennett hit C5 and Fischl hit C6, and enough on Venti's banner for her that, while I don't remember who else was on it, I got Venti. And now Sucrose is on another banner with Fischl, plus Barbara and Klee who I don't really want to pull, so I guess Sucrose is just gonna stay C3 for a while.

Edit: Also she was C1 before that, from Klee's first banner.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 10, 2021

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
First 4* pull off the new banner was C2 Ning and hey the resetting of the skill is really more handy than it looked on paper

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't know we were getting a free Klee themed catalyst, this is sick. Widsith is probably still more optimal but I kind of hate the way it works and will be glad to be rid of it.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Ytlaya posted:

This new event is kind of neat. I like boating between the islands, though I don't like shooting the boat gun. I'm curious about what the plot's going to be.

Kinda feel like, "everyone asks for exploration so let's build a limited event that is about exploration."

I like it and think it's a better way to fill time between actual major area updates. I'm still salty that lantern festival was a bit of a dud.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ok I got 35 stars right at the start of this Abyss cause I figured it wouldn't be much work to get the last start on 12-2. Just did it today. I somehow spent a lot of tries failing to do the water beasts fast enough with my Bennett/XQ/Diluc/ZL team that I brought because I figured Diluc would be great at killing the water beasts, and then switched to my Diona/Fischl/Eula/ZL setup and did it pretty easily. GRANTED my Diluc has bad substats and a Prototype Archaic while my Eula has at least 2 good substats on each artifact and Broken Pines. Eula ult basically wiped the entirety of the first wave of enemies where it was always a big struggle to get stuck in the corner and mash E/Q with Diluc and hope something dies.

Eula loving owns.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

This tends to vary greatly and some like Xianling's Q ignore it completely. For example Mona's normal attack string and E are consistent, both apply or trigger on the 1st and 4th hit, but her charged attack will always apply wet and her Q has an ICD of only 2 seconds.

With Mona I've gotten in the habit of taking a little dance break after firing off Stellaris Phantasm to the point that I find myself doing it even when I don't need an elemental reaction:
https://i.imgur.com/Aq4d5LH.mp4

This is far from an ideal Omen interaction but you can see the burst applies wet and then Ganyu's skill applies frozen.

I also note looking at this that resonance doesn't break the bubble which is interesting. I wonder if I could do something like Benny/Mona/ZL and either Geo Traveller or Ning and just go nuts with the resonance damage. I don't know if the bonuses for that damage are snapshotted on casting or are recalculated with every pulse though.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

is there any more conches available today or just the 5 thus far?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Araganzar posted:

This tends to vary greatly and some like Xianling's Q ignore it completely. For example Mona's normal attack string and E are consistent, both apply or trigger on the 1st and 4th hit, but her charged attack will always apply wet and her Q has an ICD of only 2 seconds.

Sucrose can also proc Swirl with her charged attack on a separate ICD from her normal. And Barbara. I thought all charged attacks worked like that.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Hexel posted:

is there any more conches available today or just the 5 thus far?

If the ingame chart is anything to go by, we should have more content today. I did everything that was available yesterday.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It’s always inclusive counting or whatever it’s called where there’s not two days remaining so it displays one day.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

Sucrose can also proc Swirl with her charged attack on a separate ICD from her normal. And Barbara. I thought all charged attacks worked like that.

I didn't know that. Does it count as a swirl for the purposes of the new spiral abyss bonus? So you could sit on her and charged attack while you had sources of ongoing elements to swirl like Oz?

Swirl doesn't remove pyro so in theory you can work it into a combo without starting a reaction ICD. I want to try this in my abyss team but it's hard to pull off with Ganyu's burst in the mix. I guess I could lose Ganyu, but that takes a lot of damage off the table.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Leaks are out on Ayaka after more than a year. Her dash is waaaay faster to attack out of, almost no lag between coming out of ice and attacking.

Also, electro abyss mages because mihoyo hates you.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this is when they realize the abyss mages should just share fatui shield mechanics because now what are they going to do with electro lol

ignoring that dendro mages exist too and are a similar can of worms

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wait, what are we supposed to use on Electro Abyss Mages?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Cryo, which isnt "supposed to" counter hydro but does. Electro is supposed to counter hydro but it does not feel very strong.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I...but....Cyro FREEZES the Hydro Mages, of course it's better than Electro!

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I always thought the elements were a rock paper scissors and electro is some idiot running up yelling gun.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
This abyss was designed specifically to sell Eula so I should hope she's good in it.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a calculator or chart somewhere that shows resin cost to get a char to 80/90, raise their talents too 6/6/6, or some iteration of that? Just wanted to see if there was something out there before I crunch the numbers myself. Trying to decide how feasible it is to continue to slowly build every char up to a baseline level and keep up with the release of new chars.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it took me a couple months of pure leveling (including burning most of my resin items) to get my whole roster to at least 60/70 and I didn't even fully commit to upgrading talents

but the rate at which new characters are released is slow enough that you can't help but outpace it if all you do with your resin is level people up. it's a really long term goal tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

Waifus that degrade. We'll be rich!

Waifu's age in realtime