Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Still only iPhone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Hyper Inferno posted:

If you're playing with a PS4/PS5 controller, press the touchpad button to enter select and move/remove mode.

I play with a PS4 pad on PC, and this worked! Thanks for the tip.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I am extremely tired of having this "buy from someone else's teapot" book mission active, if there is anyone on EU who wouldn't mind me dropping in for 5 minutes to buy a rock or two please let me know

If you're a weird multiplayer averse hermit like me and would prefer to remove me as soon as we are done that is also fine

my salesman has a Shiba this week if that influences your decision any

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I am extremely tired of having this "buy from someone else's teapot" book mission active, if there is anyone on EU who wouldn't mind me dropping in for 5 minutes to buy a rock or two please let me know

If you're a weird multiplayer averse hermit like me and would prefer to remove me as soon as we are done that is also fine

We're all hermits. Hop on the discord, add one or two people from EU, set your teapot to autojoin, no need for actual human interaction if you don't want. Almost everyone has autojoin on now, not like people can mess up your teapot.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

just add a few IDs from the reddit friendcode thread & visit their pot when they're offline. doesn't require any interaction whatsoever, if you live in mortal terror of a 15yr old dming you 'sup' or whatever

tpg0007
Aug 4, 2009

Araganzar posted:

Are we ever going to be able to use controllers with the mobile? I took out my old PS4 controller and bought a stand and everything and there's no way to do it I could find...

Only iOS app supports some controllers: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210414. No word on when Android will despite constant begging from players.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I'm in largely the same boat, I dont really do multiplayer much in general, have run up against the "buy from another players teapot" quest. And in fact am enough of a multiplayer averse hermit that I dont even really know how discord works. I'm in the UK, which is sadly not technically the EU any more, but probably close enough, if you want to reply with your UID I'll add you now.

Edit: Wait, is discord basically just a late 90s style chatroom?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

SiKboy posted:

I'm in largely the same boat, I dont really do multiplayer much in general, have run up against the "buy from another players teapot" quest. And in fact am enough of a multiplayer averse hermit that I dont even really know how discord works. I'm in the UK, which is sadly not technically the EU any more, but probably close enough, if you want to reply with your UID I'll add you now.

Sure, let's both get it done. 703731592

Discord is just IRC with embedded images, pretty much

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Sure, let's both get it done. 703731592

Discord is just IRC with embedded images, pretty much

Have sent friend request.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Cheers, seems there's a 10 one in the next book so I'll drop in some other time for that. I spent most of my currency on the resin already

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Cheers, seems there's a 10 one in the next book so I'll drop in some other time for that. I spent most of my currency on the resin already

Yeah, I suddenly realised "If I'd known I was going to do this today I probably wouldnt have spent all my realm currency this morning" but I had enough banked up for the shiba. Have set my teapot to direct join (which I thought I already had) so its there if you need it.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

SiKboy posted:

There's a goon who doesn't know what discord is? :eyepop:

But yeah the discord hosts a bunch of chat servers and the one in the op is where a bunch of genshin goons are hanging out. There's people spread across all the servers so there's usually someone around for teapot stuff. Feel free to add me as well, and this goes for all EU goons: 700910608

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Xun posted:

But yeah the discord hosts a bunch of chat servers and the one in the op is where a bunch of genshin goons are hanging out. There's people spread across all the servers so there's usually someone around for teapot stuff. Feel free to add me as well, and this goes for all EU goons: 700910608

Some people also have their teapot set to auto join so you can sneak in even if they are offline. Sent you a friend request.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Xun posted:

I was going to learn, but then Jeffrey bought SA so I didnt need to! I'll add you tomorrow for teapot related stuff.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

why are we supposed to hate the Fatui again

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
every time i get the Viktor quest i try to join but nooooooo, funkiller paimon is here to stop me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they're certainly better than the abyss armor assholes

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bussamove posted:

I’m not getting burned by skipping an archer carry again after missing Ganyu so even if it’s yet another 5* pyro carry for me I’ll pull for Yoimiya. Sorry windyboi. Or possibly saving for Ayaka because her design (like all the Inazuma characters) is really good and I need more cryo peeps.

Was Sayu also on that banner? Tiny child with a greatsword is hilarious to me so I want her for that if nothing else.

Her profile weapon animation got leaked and it's exactly as fun and overblown as you'd expect:

https://twitter.com/abc64real/status/1403592996256370690

Her actual fighting doesn't use much of the weapon, though, aside of autos (which I guess you won't use much, she's not DPS). Still fun to look at, though, it's really noticeable she has to deal with the weapon in a totally different way than, say, Noelle or Eula.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

frajaq posted:

why are we supposed to hate the Fatui again

Boy I wish I knew. We had an opportunity to get some answers but our brother/sister decided to be vague about everything instead!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

RareAcumen posted:

Boy I wish I knew. We had an opportunity to get some answers but our brother/sister decided to be vague about everything instead!

Sibling is with the Abyss, not the Fatui, they're different "bad guys" (I fully believe neither of them is actually super bad)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fatui are people like Childe, who's in our crew

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Sibling is with the Abyss, not the Fatui, they're different "bad guys" (I fully believe neither of them is actually super bad)

Tae posted:

Fatui are people like Childe, who's in our crew

Oh, right.

frajaq posted:

why are we supposed to hate the Fatui again?

Uhhhh, I dunno, Cicin mages?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fatui, as far as we know, are trying to gather all the gnosis of archons for reasons. Venti got his stolen in arc 1, and Zhongli gave up his in a Yakuza-esque plan to retire and become our errand boy.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The Fatui are Snezhnaya's military force and the agents we've seen in the story are "diplomats" who are actually there to essentially wait for the ideal moment to take advantage of some issue and weasel their way into the local politics scene. They have a bad reputation in the other nations because they've historically been deceitful and conniving and INCREDIBLY eager to gain influence in the surrounding nations; their biggest issue is that they are AWFUL at hiding their intentions so pretty much everyone with half a brain knows they have ulterior motives in most of the things they say and do and don't trust them on principle until proven otherwise.

There's also historical precedent for any villages/cities theyve managed to dominate being ran into the ground with taxation and inhumane capitalistic demands; Snezhnaya is the most technologically advanced nation, and that status comes at a very human cost. This also implies that their nation's borders have been gradually expanding over time as they take over more areas. Obviously, the grunts aren't "in on" what's going on and a solid chunk of them aren't even military (these are not the ones we fight in the field, these are NPCs like Viktor).

The Harbingers are the leaders of the military, but its not a case of having legions or specific detachments so much as its more that they're agents that have their own assignments/missions and the normal Fatui have to follow their orders while they're around- this is why even though Childe is the only Fatui stationed in Liyue, he's doing his own thing- he's not their overseer, he's just a higher-up that they have to humor if he asks for anything. (If you're interested, their naming convention actually comes from commedia dell'arte, a type of Italian theater which uses masks to designate what that character's role in the story is- Tartaglia is the lower class, clumsy jester who trips both over his own feet and over his own words, La Signora is the tough, beautiful, calculating woman who mocks others and manipulates even her own equals to suit her needs, Scaramouche is the unscrupulous villain with a penchant for intrigue and a tendency to be unreliable, often to his own detriment, etc)

Mix. fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 12, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tsarita is going to use all the gnosis to either become the Omni-Archon or shoot them all into the sun to spite Celestia.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The entire storyline so far is the fatui being assholes (most recently, by planning an invasion of Mondstadt and re-instating the douchebag nobility during the Eula quest). The bigger question is why anyone puts up with these guys at all, though Childe's spending habits provide some answer for that.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I imagine its also a case of not wanting to piss off the largest military on the continent and give them any reason to consider invasion by force. If it's just a case of keeping an eye on the (very obvious) "diplomats" that they send and to keep them from getting their fingers into any particularly troubling pies that's a lot more manageable, which is probably also why Liyue let them set up that Bank

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Snezhnaya is also where the adventurer's guild HQ is, so people may not be very eager to boot the Fatui out on that basis

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

I feel dumb for asking but what are these? a tutorial popped up saying something about deflecting stuff with your normal attacks(?), but I can't find it now. my camera zooms out when I step into the box but nothing happens

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

padijun posted:

I feel dumb for asking but what are these? a tutorial popped up saying something about deflecting stuff with your normal attacks(?), but I can't find it now. my camera zooms out when I step into the box but nothing happens

Have you completed the current main questline for the island? You are given a gadget and you need to use it there.

This game is not prepared for conversations while sitting down

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
thanks, I completely forgot about the gadget by the time I tried one

Selane
May 19, 2006

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's accidentally run up to an enemy and thrown the ball in their face after forgetting to unequip it.

I found out something cool yesterday. A lot of people probably know this already but different map regions have their own pin limits, so you get another 99 to use in the islands. I've just been dropping a pin on each island I visit so I can keep track of what I've explored so far.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The Fatui are like your average superpower's agents when you're not one of them - they're jerks, you know it, they know it, you can't outright touch them because they're not openly doing anything wrong, but they have enough money and influence that putting up with them might be worth it even if you know they're angling to control more of your affairs. They still have their limits (in Eula's quest it's mentioned that the aristocrats' intel isn't all that useful since they'd need to mount a full-scale military assault on Mondstadt to take advantage of it and the rest of the continent is not going to accept that) but they could make life hell for you personally. Many or maybe most Fatui are just doing their job for the homeland instead of being moustache-twirling jerks like Signora, though.

And odds are the Tsaritsa wants to flip off the gods. From what I'm picking up, she was very let down by the glassing of Khaen'riah and other archons like Zhongli and Venti siding with Celestia - regardless of whether they had a choice in the matter, the Dendro archon of the era might have gotten killed for standing against it - and gave up on the concept she was supposed to embody, Love, to take the fight to the dick gods.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are all the shells available now? Also there's an island on the lower left hand of the island map that's encased in a bubble. I'm guessing I haven't progressed far enough to access that yet?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

That also ties in pretty well with the theming of stories of cryo vision holders.

All of them are estranged from their seemingly destined lot in life in some way or another.

Eula is trying like hell to get rid of her ties to her infamous family name and doesn't really care for being an aristocrat otherwise.
Chongyun is a world-class exorcist because his mere presence drives away ghosts & demons but he resents it because he wants to be a great exorcist of his own merits. He also spends most of his waking moments having to suppress his hot nature or else he goes crazy.
Ganyu is an adepti but she only really relates to humans and her expertise is as a secretary. When she makes an attempt to embrace her adepti heritage it doesn't particularly work or stick.
Rosaria was abducted as a child and raised by bandits but she tried to flee because she couldn't take it. She doesn't really fit in with the church either though.
Qiqi died when she wandered into adepti territory and got caught between the fight of adepti & demons. The adepti took pity and revived her.
Kaeya is originally from Khaenri'ah. He was planted in Mondstadt by his real father as a mole. But when his adoptive dad died his grief and guilt over everything caused him to go native.
Diona is a naturally gifted mixologist and even the most disgusting combinations turn into great cocktails when she mixes them. All she wants to do is destroy the alcohol industry.

I admit some of those are a bit more of a stretch than others and I'm kinda just skimming some of the stories and stuff but I do find it pretty interesting that there tends to be some theming to who gets what kind of vision.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Traveller posted:

And odds are the Tsaritsa wants to flip off the gods. From what I'm picking up, she was very let down by the glassing of Khaen'riah and other archons like Zhongli and Venti siding with Celestia - regardless of whether they had a choice in the matter, the Dendro archon of the era might have gotten killed for standing against it - and gave up on the concept she was supposed to embody, Love, to take the fight to the dick gods.

Since the current Sumeru Archon ascended right around the exact same time as 500, whether they're pro or anti Celestia is going to be very interesting because they basically inherited a very troubled position, lol. We know theyre the youngest of the seven, so i think it really depends on how long pre-Khaen'riah it was that Tsaritsa ascended (and possibly the specifics of her ascension). I'm hoping when we go to Inazuma we get some details on how Baal ascended and what the previous Archon was like, as she's the first of the non-original Archons we'll be meeting.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

its crazy this game is free to play it feels like a full price game, im only a few hours in but the f2p mechanics are very unobtrusive
is there a way to revive/heal my guys other than food? i thought maybe the cathedral but i dont see anything in there. also, i think i already know the answer but is there a way to turn off Paimon?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

You can just turn off voices entirely but why would you stifle your emergency food like that?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Kly posted:

its crazy this game is free to play it feels like a full price game, im only a few hours in but the f2p mechanics are very unobtrusive
is there a way to revive/heal my guys other than food? i thought maybe the cathedral but i dont see anything in there. also, i think i already know the answer but is there a way to turn off Paimon?

Stand by a Status of the Seven to revive your party, and interact with it to do a party heal. You can also set them to autoheal the party when nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

YoshiOfYellow posted:

That also ties in pretty well with the theming of stories of cryo vision holders.

All of them are estranged from their seemingly destined lot in life in some way or another.

Eula is trying like hell to get rid of her ties to her infamous family name and doesn't really care for being an aristocrat otherwise.
Chongyun is a world-class exorcist because his mere presence drives away ghosts & demons but he resents it because he wants to be a great exorcist of his own merits. He also spends most of his waking moments having to suppress his hot nature or else he goes crazy.
Ganyu is an adepti but she only really relates to humans and her expertise is as a secretary. When she makes an attempt to embrace her adepti heritage it doesn't particularly work or stick.
Rosaria was abducted as a child and raised by bandits but she tried to flee because she couldn't take it. She doesn't really fit in with the church either though.
Qiqi died when she wandered into adepti territory and got caught between the fight of adepti & demons. The adepti took pity and revived her.
Kaeya is originally from Khaenri'ah. He was planted in Mondstadt by his real father as a mole. But when his adoptive dad died his grief and guilt over everything caused him to go native.
Diona is a naturally gifted mixologist and even the most disgusting combinations turn into great cocktails when she mixes them. All she wants to do is destroy the alcohol industry.

I admit some of those are a bit more of a stretch than others and I'm kinda just skimming some of the stories and stuff but I do find it pretty interesting that there tends to be some theming to who gets what kind of vision.

That's roughly similar to my own interpretation of how Cryo visions are awarded: namely, to those in conflict with their own natures; that is, they rebel against some inexorable quality of themselves. Diona fights her blessing, Chongyun fights his strong yang nature, Qiqi fights her own literal death, Kaeya fights his identity as a sleeper agent of Khaenri'ah, etc. I think this resembles the Tsaritsa's own goal of rebellion against Celestia—as one of the Seven, she's supposed to uphold the natural order the heavens dictate, but she's chosen to battle against it instead.

I agree that there seems to be a logic to how visions are given, but it's annoyingly hard to tell why they're awarded in some cases (Geo and Electro, mostly).