Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So does Crit Damage start at 100%? In that case, in example, if I had 150% Crit Damage I would want 25% Crit Rate correct?

You'd want 75%, just look at the ratio, don't worry about where any of it starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ah. Oof. My Eula's crit stats are all out of whack then. 22%/140%. :shepicide:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So does Crit Damage start at 100%? In that case, in example, if I had 150% Crit Damage I would want 25% Crit Rate correct?

So 1:2 is about a total comparison. For all current characters, without any artifacts, they have 5% crit rate and 50% crit damage, so to maintain 1:2, for instance, you would want your character to have +20 crit rate, making your character's total attributes to be 25% crit rate.

The reason for the 1:2 golden ratio is the opportunity cost in the calculations. For the circlet, the main stat can be either Crit Rate or Crit Dmg, at about 31% and 62% respectively. So this tradeoff is seen as 1:2, so the math comes to be that 1:2 ratio for a general case. Of course, having 25/50 is pretty low for endgame DPS units, and in my opinion, the moment you can reach 50% crit rate via artifacts substats and/or weapon, you should be trying to maximize crit damage as much as possible for general, lategame DPS units i.e. 50/200. And thus begins the lategame artifact grind.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

She has a bit of leeway as a Cryo, since resonance gives extra.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

She has a bit of leeway as a Cryo, since resonance gives extra.

This means that two Cryo characters on a team gives you a boost to crit rate

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Don't worry about it, my characters are all a mess. My Bennet that I only use for his burst has like 5%/55%

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm at 21/184 :| wooo...ooo. Need that crit hat.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Flair posted:

The reason for the 1:2 golden ratio is the opportunity cost in the calculations. For the circlet, the main stat can be either Crit Rate or Crit Dmg, at about 31% and 62% respectively. So this tradeoff is seen as 1:2, so the math comes to be that 1:2 ratio for a general case. Of course, having 25/50 is pretty low for endgame DPS units, and in my opinion, the moment you can reach 50% crit rate via artifacts substats and/or weapon, you should be trying to maximize crit damage as much as possible for general, lategame DPS units i.e. 50/200. And thus begins the lategame artifact grind.

You want 1:2 all the way to 100%/200%. 50/200 does considerably less damage than taking 50 of that crit damage and turning it into 25 crit rate.

50*200 = 10,000. 75*150= 11,250. This is the apex of a parabolic function, if you go in either direction you lose damage. 74*152 and 76*148 are both 11,248 damage. The only reason to back off is if situational modifiers take you over 100% crit since that's straight up lost damage.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I'm running noblesse at the moment trying to get more cups, and I keep getting crit rate and damage hats. So many crit hats.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

This means that two Cryo characters on a team gives you a boost to crit rate

mm, kinda sketchy with eula though. claymore shatters frozen away, and her most popular superconductors (beidou burst/oz) will pretty much permanently strip cryo off enemies, preventing the resonance from doing anything.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Araganzar posted:

You want 1:2 all the way to 100%/200%. 50/200 does considerably less damage than taking 50 of that crit damage and turning it into 25 crit rate.

50*200 = 10,000. 75*150= 11,250. This is the apex of a parabolic function, if you go in either direction you lose damage. 74*152 and 76*148 are both 11,248 damage. The only reason to back off is if situational modifiers take you over 100% crit since that's straight up lost damage.

There should be slight consideration made if you're using one of characters that have kit pieces that require landing crit hits to function. Klee gives 2 energy to the whole team when she crits on a charge attack, Yanfei charge attack crits add another bonus hit, and Childe crits during his melee stance apply his riptide debuff. Rosaria in general prefers crit over crit damage, as she gives a portion of her crit rate to the rest of the team during her burst, and she gains attack speed and basic attack damage when she lands a crit (plus a constellation that gives her energy for critting with her skill).

But other than these cases, you should definitely aim for the 1:2 ratio. Also be aware of characters or abilities that gain crit rate for certain actions, like cryo resonance, Ganyu A1 talent, Keqing A4, etc. Taking a lot of crit on Ganyu and neglecting your crit damage can be a big mistake, when Ganyu gets a free 20% crit rate for repeatedly landing charge shots AND you might even have cryo resonance going for more crit rate.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
After 260+ days of dailies, it finally happened......

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Lobsterpillar posted:

I'm running noblesse at the moment trying to get more cups, and I keep getting crit rate and damage hats. So many crit hats.

Is this a flex

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Warning about Noblesse. There's a new set coming out next patch that will take its place for some (not all) characters if the description is accurate. Even better, the second set in the domain is a much better 2-piece set than Bloodstained.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

No Wave posted:

Warning about Noblesse. There's a new set coming out next patch that will take its place for some (not all) characters if the description is accurate. Even better, the second set in the domain is a much better 2-piece set than Bloodstained.

Eula will have vengeance for that statement

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm already dreading the farming hell getting a new 4pc for Xingqiu will be

kater
Nov 16, 2010

oh no im melting ahhhhhhh

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Edit: that'll teach me refresh before I post.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

kater posted:

Albedo is the biggest hunk in Genshin.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

No Wave posted:

After 260+ days of dailies, it finally happened......

Same. I've been playing since like a week or two into release and just finally got the final variant of that commission yesterday.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

No Wave posted:

Warning about Noblesse. There's a new set coming out next patch that will take its place for some (not all) characters if the description is accurate

:eyepop:

I'm not sure how I feel about the end of Noblesse supremacy for supports

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Feeling :smuggo: that I'm new enough that I haven't even farmed one piece of Noblesse yet, the patient gamer stays winning (except when they start like a week too late to get a free Diona)

(Anyway I generally assume new best artifact sets will be released for everyone as time goes on so that you can Never Stop Farming)

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Hexel posted:

:eyepop:

I'm not sure how I feel about the end of Noblesse supremacy for supports

I mean I'm debating swapping from Petra to Millileth on Albedo because extra attack is better for Eula than cryo damage and it would have pretty much 100% uptime.

Also is this new set not going to stack with noblesse? Because both is good.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Also is this new set not going to stack with noblesse? Because both is good.

No, the 2pc is ER%, and the 4pc converts 25% of your ER to bonus burst damage. I don't think it actually replaces 4pc noblesse very well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't think it changes who you put 4Noblesse on, but it changes some of the 2Noblesse users (Beidou, Xingqiu, Xiangling if you're not using 4Witch, Rosaria, GeoMC, Mona).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

2pc - +20% ER
4pc - increase burst damage by 30% of ER up to a maximum bonus of 75%

that should be the set unless i misremembered details about the effects. regardless it doesn't fully replace NO/TotM because it's a set that's all-in on burst damage with no team benefit. you may still want those sets for their team buffs. i also feel like you can look at bad 4pc NO holders like XQ who would love this, while a good TotM user like Zhongli probably gels better with that instead, unless you really wanted to overkill his ER and get a fat meteor.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It got nerfed to 25 percent burst damage yesterday.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's still op at 25%. Even at 150% ER it's more damage than 2Noblesse+2Elemental and you get 20% free ER on top of it.

If they nerf it again I cry though because I'd be too lazy to farm it at 20%.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 22, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Araganzar posted:

Oh neat, that's an easy enough formula that I can actually apply!

...Oh huh, Eula should actually have a crit rate helmet instead of more crit damage. Huh.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Harrow posted:

Feeling :smuggo: that I'm new enough that I haven't even farmed one piece of Noblesse yet

:negative: I've got 4 complete +20 sets

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

...Oh huh, Eula should actually have a crit rate helmet instead of more crit damage. Huh.

Crit Dmg is her Ascension stat, so probably.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hexel posted:

:negative: I've got 4 complete +20 sets

Going by the discussion it sounds like they'll still be really useful so hey, could be worse

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I guess since I've got 2p Noblesse/2p Elemental on XQ and XL, replacing those with 4p new set would be fine.

I'm more excited about the new farmable +18% Atk set.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

kater posted:

I didn't realize they could be placed inside the house.

I've been trying to craft the pre-made sets (I really like that they included these, because I'm too lazy to painstakingly arrange things myself) and have made two of the ones that characters like.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Almost everyone should have a crit rate helmet. The base crit rate is 5% and the base crit damage is 50% meaning you have to get 20% crit rate somewhere just to get a character's baseline to the 2:1 ratio at all, before any substats are counted in. Getting 20% crit rate from substats is something like 6 crit rate rolls, which is already a lot of crit rate from substats. The only time you should be using a Crit Damage hat are in cases where the character is getting a lot of free crit from some other source, and even then you often want a crit rate hat anyways. For example, Diluc gets 19.2% crit rate from ascension, which still puts him just under the 2:1 ratio as a baseline. If your artifact substats have more crit damage rolls, then crit rate will be better for Diluc (if you're using a weapon that doesn't give it already).

The advice of people to use a crit rate OR crit damage hat should really come with the caveat of "unless you have absurdly good crit rate rolls on your substats, you will require a crit rate hat to get any reasonable crit rate".

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So anyone here actually going to roll for Kazuha? I think he looks rather interesting and his jack of all trades set up seems like he'll have an interesting future.

Also, if you've seen me post in the gardening threads, his constellation is "Acer palmatum", so he's got that going for him as well.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 22, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That's why the battle pass is op. Lets you use crit damage hats. My only characters that can use CD hats are ganyu (thanks to blizzard strayer), tartaglia (crazy CR substats), zhong li (deathmatch), diluc (serpent spine), ningguang (solar pearl), and jean (festering desire + high cr substats).

Solkanar512 posted:

So anyone here actually going to roll for Kazuha? I think he looks rather interesting and his jack of all trades set up seems like he'll have an interesting future.

Also, if you've seen me post in the gardening threads, his constellation is "Acer palmatum", so he's got that going for him as well.
I think he's just too similar to sucrose. I know there are situations where he's better but they're fairly narrow and given that it looks like we have a lot of characters coming up it seems easier to skip him now than to skip someone else later.

But if it turns out 2.1 has nothing interesting I might pull for him at the end of the patch.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 22, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Solkanar512 posted:

I'm tentatively interested in Kazuha but I'm new/inexperienced enough that I can't easily picture what kind of team I'd use with him or what role he'll play so I'm waiting for him to be out so I can see/read some impressions of him and get some ideas.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yes, I want boy Sucrose

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Real talk is there a point where doing all the 4 weekly bosses isnt worth doing? Doing 3 gives nice progression on BP but the rewards sometimes dont seem worth it at 60 resin cost for the 4th one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

frajaq posted:

Real talk is there a point where doing all the 4 weekly bosses isnt worth doing? Doing 3 gives nice progression on BP but the rewards sometimes dont seem worth it at 60 resin cost for the 4th one

Craftables only drop from weeklies, and we're getting a whole new set of them for Inazuma next patch.

Solkanar512 posted:

For husbando chasers, the only guys in the future are Tohma and that furry fox/dog guy.