Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

For the last two versions, they've teased all three new characters on the day the previous version dropped. This time, they only teased Thoma, leading people to expect that he's the only new character and the 5*s will be reruns.

well he's the only new character on the beta too iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Man, that sucks about Honey Impact. Was the best place to go when you just wanted raw data.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Their enemy data was great, don't know where else to find it. You learn lots of stuff like that specters have the same HP as mitachurls.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Their enemy data was great, don't know where else to find it. You learn lots of stuff like that specters have the same HP as mitachurls.

I learn that here, from this post. wtf mihoyo

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Keqingmains has a decent library of data: https://library.keqingmains.com/

No specters yet, but hopefully they'll add it soon. That's weird though. Mitachurls don't feel that tanky.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

specters aren't so tanky either -someone who definitely doesn't have yoimiya

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Any team building advice for a couple teams I should focus on? That's my roster with their constellations in yellow (Klee's is green because it was hard to see with yellow)

For 5* weapons I got Skyward Pride, Skyward Spine, Engulfing Lightning, Primordial Jade-Winged Spear and Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds

I want to make use of Klee, Eula, and Raiden of course but I also would like to get use out of Xinyan and Sara if possible since I like their designs. I also assume Zhongli is a must for his shields but I am not sure how to string it all together in the best way

Also have a Max Refine Sacrificial Sword and Sacrificial Greatsword

MotU fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 10, 2021

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

MotU posted:

Any team building advice for a couple teams I should focus on? That's my roster with their constellations in yellow (Klee's is green because it was hard to see with yellow)

For 5* weapons I got Skyward Pride, Skyward Spine, Engulfing Lightning, Primordial Jade-Winged Spear and Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds

I want to make use of Klee, Eula, and Raiden of course but I also would like to get use out of Xinyan and Sara if possible since I like their designs. I also assume Zhongli is a must for his shields but I am not sure how to string it all together in the best way

You can put xinyan on the team with raiden and eula. Finish with diona/alloy to fully battery eula burst. I’d run Klee in Bennett + XL mono pyro. Finish that team with zhong or Jean.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

In general Sara really wants/needs Raiden and usually Raiden likes Eula, but all three together seems awkward. Because your Raiden is C3+Engulfing you can just ignore Eula and do Raiden+Sara+anemo or zhong li+Bennett or Xingqiu or anything, a lot of options and you should have no trouble blowing everything up just looping your Raiden and Sara bursts.

Xinyan pushes you into Eula which can be standard like Eula/Xinyan/Fishl/Diona.

C6Klee I have no idea how to use her. I guess you could try Klee+Sara+Bennett+Raiden, curious to hear others' thoughts.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 10, 2021

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I know Bennett is in like every comp but pretend I didn't list him as he annoys me :v:

Forgot to slam an X over him

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

MotU posted:

Well, three of those combo well together. I've got a Eula/Beidou/Diona/Xinyan team, and I hear that works better with Raiden instead of Beidou. I don't remember the exact build for Xinyan, but she's focused on defense and crit damage, with Whiteblind and Tenacity Of The Millileth.

If every other pyro is any indication, Klee wants Xinqui and Bennett if he's available, and is mostly covered there.

I am also always going to recommend Sucrose/Fischl/Healer/Flex. EM Sucrose attacking with Oz out does a hilarious amount of damage in a wide area. She wants Sacrificial Fragments pretty bad though.

Zhongli fits well into any of those flex slots, or basically any flex slot in general.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 10, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

MotU posted:

I know Bennett is in like every comp but pretend I didn't list him as he annoys me :v:

:hf:

Also, since you have Klee C4, you can actually use her burst as a nuke, making Raiden a great combo.

If I were you, I'd probably do Raiden/Zhong/Klee and whatever Cryo or Hydro you like.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 10, 2021

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

MotU posted:

C4 Klee makes her great for quickswap teams, so I like to run ZL/Klee/Raiden/X. Sara would be fine if you want to use her. your C6 Xiangling would be another great choice. Just cycle bursts and fill downtime with Mussou Ishin and/or Sparks and Splash time.

Xinyan is a somewhat competent physical subdps who also provides phys support and requires superconduc, so Eula/Xinyan is the start of a good team. I'd probably go Fish/Diona, which gives you SC, cryo resonance, and more particles for Eula. for the other slots for superconduct and buff/heal. Either team could swap Benny for ZL or Diona -- you'd get fire resonance with Benny in the first team, but Klee is so squishy I prefer shields on her.

Eula/Raiden is probably a more meta team, but that pushes you away from Xinyan a little bit. Eula/Raiden/Diona/Xinyan wouldn't be terrible though, which would drive me to turn the Klee team into mono pyro with a VV shred, something like Zhongli/Klee/Xiangling/Sucrose would be dope

MotU posted:

extremely same

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 10, 2021

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

No Wave posted:

C6Klee I have no idea how to use her. I guess you could try Klee+Sara+Bennett+Raiden, curious to hear others' thoughts.

Klee at C6 is a strong on field utility for mono pyro. You get def shred from C2, the ability to freely rotate at C4 and pyro amp at C6. Basically the team from that 2 million damage race video.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

MotU posted:

An interesting idea for a team could be Eula/Raiden/Sara/Qiqi. Eula and Raiden during burst have stagger resistance, so a shield isn't as necessary. And build Qiqi as a physical DPS, not a healer. Not that you'll want her on the field often, but at least when she's on the field, she will slap. Might have Energy generation issues on this team despite having Raiden.

For a second team, Klee/Xingqiu/Xinyan/Diona. Or replace Diona with Zhongli. That leaves XQ as your only healer on this team, but with Zhongli, you can get away with that. And if you go Zhongli, you can replace Qiqi with Diona in the Eula team. With Klee at C0 and XQ at C6, XQ shouldn't have a problem keeping up with Klee's pyro application.

EDIT: Oh, that's a 6 for Klee, not 0. Well, team should still work.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 10, 2021

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Trihugger posted:

An interesting idea for a team could be Eula/Raiden/Sara/Qiqi. Eula and Raiden during burst have stagger resistance, so a shield isn't as necessary. And build Qiqi as a physical DPS, not a healer. Not that you'll want her on the field often, but at least when she's on the field, she will slap. Might have Energy generation issues on this team despite having Raiden.

For a second team, Klee/Xingqiu/Xinyan/Diona. Or replace Diona with Zhongli. That leaves XQ as your only healer on this team, but with Zhongli, you can get away with that. And if you go Zhongli, you can replace Qiqi with Diona in the Eula team. With Klee at C0 and XQ at C6, XQ shouldn't have a problem keeping up with Klee's pyro application.

klee is c6

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Soothing Vapors posted:

Eula/Raiden is probably a more meta team, but that pushes you away from Xinyan a little bit. Eula/Raiden/Diona/Xinyan wouldn't be terrible though, which would drive me to turn the Klee team into mono pyro with a VV shred, something like Zhongli/Klee/Xiangling/Sucrose would be dope

these 2 teams were sorta what i was maybe almost thinking but im glad that it is confirmed that it would be good. bennett haters think alike i guess

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

MotU posted:

klee is c6

Yeah, sorry, doing this from my phone and for some reason, it looked like a 0 to me. I was trying to fit Sara somewhere, but couldn't think of a way to fit her on Klee's team. And pyro only Klee team with Xinyan seemed worse than XQ vape in my head.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Happy that sanctifying essence is an event reward, sad that it's only 4 of them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

C3 Raiden + C6 Sara is a hard carry combo already, you just need to pick your 2 flex picks. Bennet + Zhong is very strong with those two as far as flex picks go, one provides strong heals and another damage steroid while the other provides shred and shields.

Eula + Raiden is a phys carry combo, again just fill it out with two supports.

Klee + XQ is solid enough, klee will still pyro harder than what XQ can provide, I dont know if bringing Mona in this case would be worthwhile though. Keep an eye of for kokomi soon though, since she might be a better fit than XQ for klee or complement the team when combined with a Raiden or something.

Xinyan is fine, you can fit her as a flex pick in either of the first two teams, specially on pyro heavy encounters

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

For someone who only plays on PSN, is Aloy's Predator Bow worth upgrading for Ganyu? I've already got a maxed Prototype Crescent, and the 2 bows have similar stats, so it might be a waste to upgrade. But OTOH I'd also always be getting the PSN bonus effect, so :shrug:

I'd rather not blow a fuckton of mora on upgrading a dud

also someone plz explain the thread title

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

U-DO Burger posted:

Sure, a Genshin is a vision bearer, they localized it as allogene apparently. And the game about the impact they have.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What's the best way to maximise the number of koi I can get from the event fishing spots, keeping in mind the fifty fish daily limit? If there's no koi present do I just catch other random fish until one shows up?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

Araganzar posted:

To be specific, you have to be within 20 levels of your target to apply a vacuum: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Vacuum_Field

Then you have to break poise enough to get a level 4 stagger on your opponent to move them and 5 to juggle them. This is also level dependent but you aren't at a disadvantage as long as you are with in 30 levels of your target. If poise is broken and a stagger is applied, it then applies a horizontal force against the target's mass with a direction and strength that vary depending on the skill, working against a countervailing drag force applied by the ground. This is why it takes fatties longer to get in the gently caress cloud. Juggling only occurs at stagger 5 or higher because that is when Air attacks begin to also apply a vertical force affected only by target mass. https://library.keqingmains.com/mechanics/combat/poise

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I'm gathering it was intentional that they made characters relatively easy to level up (to 70/80) but building the character requires all these talent materials, weapon materials, weapon ascension materials, refinement ore, artifacts, artifact XP, and SO much mora. Gotta keep playing if you want to progress that cool new character you like. That seems to be the real hook they want to grab players with using the F2P model, as opposed to tricking people into blowing their savings on microtransactions. I imagine the reason they made welkin's so cheap is entirely insidious: they want you to log in every day to get the primos which guarantees continued engagement. Hey you paid a whole $5 for it so of course you will.

It's a pretty fair F2P model really. Welkin's is like a loss-leader item cleverly made to drive up engagement. :tinfoil:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive been using raiden/sara/sucrose/bennett as my team and it works great. i bear the unique curse of actually liking bennett okay.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Frustratingly, Aloy is gelling with my friendship team of Venti, Klee and Mona better than Rosaria so I'm using her for the time being. She'd probably be better if I had a Blizzard Strayer set to give her.

Anyway, which fishing rod would you recommend trying to get first?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I would really appreciate if they could shorten the duration of character banners to just a week and do more reruns.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

ive been using raiden/sara/sucrose/bennett as my team and it works great. i bear the unique curse of actually liking bennett okay.

bennett and razor are two units i cant stand and it sucks i had to have razor as a carry for so long in the beginning

it is my own fault though

i play with english VA

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I loved Bennet when building his Friendship to 10, but I just never really want to go back to him. He's really such a great pyro battery you don't get a ton of options. Hoping Thoma steps up for that.

Maybe that's just a property of pyro characters? All the anemo characters are great batteries.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

for the good of us all Bennett must die

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I want someone to realize they should be weaponizing Bennet for good and have him go join the Abyss and destroy it from the inside.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The app has a "1st" in the upper left corner. What's that mean?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The app has a "1st" in the upper left corner. What's that mean?

1st anniversary

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think the big miss on bennett was there isn't really any "payoff" to being at a higher hp. harbinger of dawn was done as a one off weapon, but a serpent spine tier 4 star that has the harbinger hp requirement (and whatever payoff) might make people want to play around with different comps rather than just jamming him constantly.

otherwise i like bennett a fair bit as a pyro healer, he isn't nearly as good at topping people off but has a really strong attack buff which feels very in line with pyro's design space.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it'd be nice to have another support that can pyro battery, decouple Bennett a bit from feeling so necessary with XIangling or possibly Thoma in the future.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My beef is that whenever there's a demonstration of character power, he's usually involved for THE BIG NUMBERS. It's also kind of true for his companions in the national team, XQ and XL.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

My beef is that whenever there's a demonstration of character power, he's usually involved for THE BIG NUMBERS. It's also kind of true for his companions in the national team, XQ and XL.
big numbers and also all three of them are easily accessible, so they form a good 'core team' to show off any new characters, since they go well with most anyone and everyone has them.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Bennett would be much better off if his C1 and C6 were swapped. This way, he would have a very clear role in some specific teams instead of being an universal staple character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

what adventure rank do I need to be to unlock the new content? I just hit 30. Getting kind of mixed signals from the internet.