Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I actually gave my Razor an Electro Damage Up Goblet so I could give his Atk % Goblet to Xiangling and even out their damage a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

No Wave posted:

For a game this complicated there aren't that many noob traps. The biggest ones are:

1.) Don't refine your 4* weapons right away, prototype drops are super rare and even gacha 4*s you'll often want 2x of the same weapon (Favonious/Sacrifical weapons especially). This is imo by far the biggest way players regularly hurt themselves.
Exception: Crescent Pike is probably fine to refine, because we're not getting another Polearm user for another month and there's no guarantee the Pike will be nearly as busted.

quote:

4.) Don't spend stardust on anything except the in-shop 4* or maybe pulls. You're given extra stardust at the beginning of the game but you accumulate it very slowly, it takes something like 140 pulls to get enough stardust to buy another 4*.
I'm going to assume you mean Starglitter? If so, I agree. Stardust can only be spent on 5 of each Fate per month and a bunch of upgrade materials.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So is there any reason to do the level 3 Talent book domain instead of level 2? Level 2 is way easier and they seem to drop the same rewards.

Does level 3 change the rewards at all?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

berenzen posted:

You get more blue books instead of green books. If you're looking to go from Talent 4 to Talent 6, you want to do the level 3 domains. You get effectively 2.6 blue books per level 3 domain, you get 1.6-2 books per level 2 domain.

Gotcha, thanks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Xaerael posted:

Current box!

...how much did you spend?

(I want your Keqing so badly)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cattail Prophet posted:

Oceanid despawned on me the other day.

Wow that's gotta be infuriating, especially since that boss is the goddamn worst.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Am I not the only one who hates that thing? I was having trouble with it right after getting world level 5 and I looked around for advice and I mostly saw people saying that anyone who has issues with any content in the game is a casual noob who needs to "git gud".

Nah, Oceanid is the worst of the elemental bosses. I'm ignoring leveling and Ascending Barbara right now because of it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Hmm, just pulled a Kequing. It's a shame it's such an investment to bring them up to speed, makes it feel like I need to be 100% sure what I'd be doing with her (relative to my current party, she's clearly a carry) before I start trying things out.

i'm so mad

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

I don't know how this game manages the visual distances it does. You can literally see Mondstadt (the city) from the top of the Jade Chamber, as well as some other stuff like Stormterror's lair. And details are still loaded in, like I can see some updraft on Cape Oath.

I know, it's utterly insane.

On that note, if you climb up to that retreat spot above the mountain, there's another huge peak you can see. Is that Dragonspine? It looks a bit too close.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I don't care about any of these rate up 5 stars I just want Keqing or Jean.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is it worth spending Talent books on Xiangling's Skill and Burst if most of what I do with her is spam regular attacks?

Like, I still drop Gouba when I can (to turn on the Pike's ability) and use her Burst when it's charged, but AAing is the majority of my usage.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Scoss posted:

Is it better to take your main DPS characters from 70 to 80, or to start leveling up offteam / secondary team characters? The exp requirements seem to go up astronomically at high levels and the attack stat goes up only like 10-15 points for your effort.

Main DPS, there's a damage penalty for being below the level of what you're attacking.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Clarste posted:

That's not the worst idea, but it doesn't solve the Pyro/Cryo problem which is the main reason I want to switch up my team in the first place.

Claymore does a lot of work that elements don't. Razor is pretty great at clearing away slimes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I don't think there are even 8 5-star characters in the game yet, even if you count the MC. And that's ignoring the fact that it would take you years to save up enough f2p currency or thousands of dollars to get all the five-stars right now.

And once you did... like half of them are only really useful as your main DPS and don't bring anything to the table as a support, so it would be pointless to have multiple in the same party. Diluc+Fischl is a way better team comp than Diluc+Keqing.

There's exactly 8 5 stars that aren't the MC. The 5 non-rate ups plus Venti/Klee/Childe.

But you'd have to spend multiple thousands of dollars to get all of them.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

These mobs should drop poo poo from this event. It’s dumb that they don’t.

Drops are already rare as gently caress sometimes anyway.

100% agreed.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Xingqiu? Childe?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I don't have Mona and both Childe and Xingqiu are currently level 1.

Maybe just feed it to another artifact?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

No Wave posted:

No, keep it. You dont get much XP from destroying 5*s so you want to keep anything that looks usable in the future because it will be extremely hard to find a 5* hydro goblet when you need one. Just keep it equipped on one of them.

I was just going through my artifacts and found this one.

:shrug:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

There's one Liyue one with some super powered Treasure Hoarders who don't get stunned very easily and will stagger their attacks to catapult you out of the radius.

They're also super beefy compared to the hordes of Hilichurls and it's quite frustrating.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Squiddycat posted:

It's so loving annoying being shot at by dudes long range around the circle, leading to your painful stunlocky death

HMS Beagle posted:

God I am so sick of the hilichurl archers standing well outside of the circle.

Sucrose does a great job of sucking them into the circle.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

leveling Klee and Mona at the same time :shepicide:

This, but Razor and Fischl.

So many Electro cube fights....

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

funkymonks posted:

Welp just used my Gacha luck up. This was my next pull after getting Childe from pity, trying for a C2 Ningguang.

Now I need to put some more thought into my 2nd Abyss team.

:argh::argh::argh:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is Skyward Harp useful on anyone?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Better than Rust? Interesting.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yup I'm back over 3 million mora, which feels great.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So I guess I need to build Childe or Xingqiu now, huh.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Well, the Wolf just dropped a Spear prototype!

Should I refine my Crescent Pike to level 3 or hold onto the prototype in case someone else wants a different spear?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So you need to make about 50 wishes to get the 750 Stardust for the Wishes in the store right? That makes stockpiling for a later banner less attractive.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

King of Bleh posted:

One of the BP monthly goals is also "make 50 wishes" so I think they want to dis-incentivize stuffing all your gems in the mattress.

I guess since I just pulled Childe, I could make a few Wishes on Zhongli's banner without screwing up my next pity too badly.

(I don't really want to pull Zhongli)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Getting shot with .1 seconds left before the final transmission is very annoying.

Unrelated, it turns out that the Portable Stove is very misleadingly named. It lets you spawn a stove anywhere, but that stove is then stuck there permanently. You can't interact with it except to cook.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I guess? It honestly feels kind of worthless unless you want to put one next to a bunch of Waypoints.

Unless we get the ability to make a base at some point. Then it would be useful.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

How do you guys have enough rep to get the Treasure Compasses this early?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Right, you can only hunt three of those per week.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I guess I've had my focus too split on wanting both sets of Reputation rewards, so I'm at level 4 in Mondstadt and level 5 in Liyue.

But I can get hit level 6 if I focus on Liyue at the beginning of next week.

I also really want that portable Waypoint.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

At AR45, you do have to run through the upgrade dungeon in order to get 5 star artifacts?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kild posted:

I dont believe so but why put it off its free pulls and better drops in world.

Because I'd rather spend some time getting good artifacts before I make my world level harder.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

berenzen posted:

Good luck, you can spend literally thousands of Resin trying to get good artifacts and fail. If you can clear WL5 stuff fairly comfortably, then you can clear WL6 overworld pretty easily. There's not a huge difficulty spike between the 2 world levels. Things just take a little bit longer to die is all.

This is why I was asking if AR 45 unlocks the guaranteed 5* or if I need to up the world level.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is Berserker 2 piece better for Childe than Gladiator, since his Ascension 4 talent scales off his crit rate?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm not planning to grind for artifacts specifically for him, because I got two free 5 star Noblesse which are very good. I'm just looking for another pair to fill the gaps for right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ashenai posted:

Man, Ruin Hunter bounty fights are savage af. It does so much damage in flying mode, holy poo poo.

I do appreciate the fight's design, though, I like that having an archer and good aim is vital against them in a way it isn't in any other fight. You get one or maybe two shots before it goes full Macross, make it count!

I honestly wish they'd go into flight mode more often, because they also deal a ton of damage in their other modes, especially that OHKO windup.

I just want to shoot them in the eye and have them fall over.