Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Anyone got some early reviews for Xinyan and Zong Li?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

It should be something like Albedo > Ganyu > Xiao if leaks are to be trusted.

Really? 2 geo users in a row? And now it will be 3 dudes. I was promised waifus.

Are the leaks always on point for the character banners?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
I’m just mad that Zhong Li doesn’t interact well at all with DPS Ning (unless someone that invested in him would like to learn me). Sick of Geo Traveller.

Also how is Xinyan? I tried getting her but only got a bunch of chongs and Razors instead. Now I’m too close to 5* pity to get more.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Andrast posted:

Qiqi doesn't need energy to do most of her shtick tho. Her burst is just a yet another way she can heal everyone to full.

Qiqi rules, I'm glad I have her.

I agree. 4th ascension QiQi is really good at enabling my main dps to face tank bosses lazily every 30 seconds. No ult needed. She ain’t no Bennett I guess.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
We’re the leaks wrong when Childe was about to release? Thought everyone was expecting Zhong Li first then but maybe that was only wishful thinking.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
The hydro set is dropping this upcoming banner right?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Araganzar posted:

Chongyun is outstanding with Bennet, supposed to be great with a water user, it feels like you have 3 dps though. I could see swapping out DPS between Chongyun and Tart but I'm not sure how Ning figures into it. I would think you would want to set up an elemental combo or resonance with that slot.

Wouldn’t tart be a good sub carry for Ning as main DPS? He does buff her left click. What’s the best team for tart?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Thinking of giving my Amos bow to Ganyu. What’s a better bow for Childe? Prototype bow (can R1) or the BP viridescent bow? No Rust drops for me unfortunately.

At the same time is Proto animus R1 still better than the BP claymore for Diluc? BP got crit rate but I’m not good enough for the bonus dmg by not getting hit to matter.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Just a 15 min full dungeon run would be great. 4 player coop with those will be fun.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
What artifact sets you guys running with Ganyu? Is the strayer 4 piece the best overall?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
It’s why I went with 2 piece bliz and 2 piece glad for melt procs. Maintaining freeze with XQ burst which requires weaving autos in your aim shots is hard. Is there more into it than just hold left click to charge and click spam in between?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
What’s Hu Tao’s specialty right now? Main DPS or support?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

this sounds a lot more complex than "charged ice arrows, repeat forever"

I was hoping to find a ranged pyro char to supplement that riveting “charged ice arrows, repeat forever” gameplay 😅. Xiao also will be another main dps carry so I can cross off 2 upcoming banners and start saving OR go for C1 Ganyu...

How big of a spike is C1 for her?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Also his heals tick for giant amounts that scale by HP. He’s broken

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Wish there was a way of reviving dead players. Dying early in a domain sucks.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Wish they will lean on developing Co-Op more. They got something special here with their combat. Dungeon runs with 4 people sounds fun.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Is Viridescent hunt a good bow to refine for Childe? Most of the BP weapons I don’t need and already banked the sword since it’s good for Keqing but she hasn’t called back yet.

Should I just start collecting the other weapons for future characters or just start refining my most used one?

Got Prototype R2 for Diluc so Spine isn’t a good upgrade I guess.

My only catalyst dps user (Ning) got her skyward atlas.

That leaves the pole arm which I keep hearing it’s bad.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions on the BP weapons. Its hard when they keep future characters a secret to plan ahead. For Childe: I saw the BP bow ranked higher than Rust and just got 2 Rust bows. Is R2 rust higher? or just about the same in DMG? It feels that the BP bows lil tornado utility and crit rate substat should be better for him but I dont want to waste resources on the Rust bows to compare.

And I am also for a sub dps for Childe and I'm garbage at Beidou's parry skill. Is VV Jean with Attack and energy recharge good enough or do I have to really go all DPS with Glad 4 sets and a black sword? Just got her and barely built her for burst support that got me through the hell that is Floor 11 and I'm wondering what to do with her next. I heard she's a good all-round jack of all trades but is it fine sticking her with VV for Child's DPS buddy?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Bloody Emissary posted:

The cooldown on his skill is the same as the duration of his burst. Use the burst's uptime as a way to tell when his skill is off cooldown.

If your burst is ready: skill -> burst -> skill again -> swap off once Xingqiu absorbs the orbs from the second skill use -> swap back when his burst ends and repeat.
If your burst isn't ready: skill -> wait until the animation finishes/you see orbs spawn -> hit skill again -> burst -> swap off to deal damage with someone else -> swap back when his burst ends and repeat.

Ideally, Xingqiu should be built with enough energy regen to let you go from zero energy to a ready burst with two uses of his skill. I think the breakpoint is a little over 180 energy regen. If you have Childe or Mona on your team to make Hydro orbs for him, you can probably get away with less.

Thanks for the tips on XQ. This helped a lot. Is there a site/youtuber somewhere with good tips on using characters?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Bloody Emissary posted:

I don't know of any myself, though I'm sure others ITT could offer a few.

What characters do you want tips on?

Just got Jean and I heard she got some tech with punting enemies for fall damage and in general how to use her as a sub dps. Do I charge spam or just regular combo? Just general tips.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

Skyward Pride is good for Xinyan and especially Razor because the procs are phys dmg.

Whats Xinyan good for? She’s my only missing 4* that I might choose for 1.3.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Bussamove posted:

I don't have sword carries but I will say Albedo's auto attack animations are the slickest poo poo you will never see actually used.

It’s criminal that mihoyo spent all that work making these attack combos but not reward you for using them (zhong Li cough)

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Will Jean as a support burst / VV res shredder get more mileage out of a festering desire more than my Bennet (ult bot / heals / atk buff)? The other will just get a favonius sword.

The desire’s weapon effect should go well with Jeans ATK scaling kit I think but still building her up.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

kater posted:

Hey remember when people were convinced chests respawned? That was good fun.

If you believe it, it will come true.

(Give us a reason to romp around Teyvat Mihoyo)

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Framboise posted:

I was starting to feel the pressure to roll hard for Xiao since he's so busted. Thank you for reminding me that Hu Tao is still the way to go.

Every 5* character release gets a lot of hype. Is Xiao really busted?

I heard theory crafters expect him to have the highest solo dps of all carries just because he offers nothing much on a teams overall damage and is balanced that way.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
How’s Zhong Li with all his buffs?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Just lucked out with an Anemo damage VV piece. Which support would have more use of Anemo% dmg? Sucrose or Jean?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

No Wave posted:

Beidou is mostly valuable for her Q. It's really good and can be thought of like electro Xingqiu. Her E is flashy but hard to get perfect usage out of and actually impossible to completely build around, take parries when you can get them but it won't carry your team.

Unfortunately electro reactions that aren't electro-charged are awkward - overload is good against big units but nobody can apply fire fast enough to make her Q take off (maybe Hu Tao will, actually maybe Klee can idk I've never heard of Klee+beidou for some reason). She sees the most success in Tartaglia Electro-charged comps and DPS sucrose comps. But in general it's best to consider Q the core of what she's good for and E is a bonus/way to charge her Q.

I'm still torn between building Archaic, Rainslasher, or Sacrificial for her. Sacrificial is nice for energy gen, Archaic is guaranteed to be solid, rainslasher is green.

How do you build Beidou as a sub dps for Childe (Used mostly for ult and when Childe’s E is in CD)?

Also is there a better character for a childe’s sub dps?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Any effect that stays on the field and procs as quickly as possible is a good combo for childe. Xiangling comes to mind, and everyone has her.

Beidou is good because when she deploys her Q, it has a gauge 4 (!) ability and childe's E attacks fast enough to actually make use of it.

Practicing with Beidou's E made me realize just how much of combat is just enemies standing around and just slowly walking. If they're not in an attack animation, they'll just stare at her as she parries.

Mobs staring at you for way too long as you wait to parry was the main issue I stopped running Beidou unfortunately. Her E needs to have animation cancelling for it to work more smoothly like dodging in this game.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

The key to fighting ice slimes on top of water is to spam anemo

It’s Amber.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

Deathmatch makes the buff effect appear on the character at all times, looks awful, do not use

Do you mean those lil up arrows? Or is there another uglier buff? I can live with the first one.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

No Wave posted:

Interesting to read through this for the first time in a few months. I remember when people kept talking about how good black sword and solar pearl were and that they were way better than the other BP weapons but Serpent Spine is the clear winner based off of these recommendations.

Does prototype claymore still come ahead if you play somewhat badly on a serpent spine? Want to know what’s better on my Diluc but I’m not perfect on dodging hits especially on the content that really needs the DPS (Abyss floors)

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
How good of a power jump is XQ’s C6? I plan on getting it eventually but got Hu Tao super drat early so I’m pausing on the wishes right now (also not enough stardust to buy him). I don’t see people saying it’s broken like Fischl C6.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
drat.. is the bonus ER enough that I can run a DMG oriented sands?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

No Wave posted:

Outside of her E she is even worse than bow form Childe, just completely worthless. I think that's why they sped the animation on her Q up so much, because you have to use it during her E window (whereas childe can help to fill his larger gap with his ranged ult).

C0 Hu Tao is less awkward to use than my C0 Childe.

Hu Tao is just use E, charge attack then ult if ready then cycle your supports. After cycling all your supports abilities her E is almost always off cool down. She also gives a crit chance boost after her E to nudge you off her.

Childe: you need to keep a mental tally on your ever changing E cool down. He works but he’s waay more technical (for me). I would often be just shooting his bow since he’s E is not up after dumping all my supports abilities. I just don’t find bow normal attacks fun so it kinda sucks.

Also the Crimson Witch is just waay better than the heart of depths as a set bonus.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
With both of my abyss teams (Hu Tao and Freeze Ganyu) really love the water boy XQ, is Mona an ok replacement for Ganyu? Don’t have her but I heard people were saying she’s kinda a gimmick of the worse 5 star back then.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Mona is much better for freeze team imo since XQs water swords only work with non-charged shots. So you have to weave in regular shots with Ganyu.

I actually got used to weaving shots! But I feel XQ is wasted on her. I gotta have her melt now but change is hard.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
So any impressions on C1 Hutao?

Loving her gameplay and that C1 is probably the best to plug any annoying cons with her kit but I won’t be getting venti most likely if I go for it.

On the other hand I’m not sure why vent is S tier since I couldn’t hit anything during his ult as melee whenever someone brings him during co op.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Vargs posted:

Decided I really wanted to make Beidou work so I went all-in on her. Spent weeks farming pretty drat solid artifacts, took her to 90 with max or near-max skills, bought the BP for Serpent Spine, leveled up and kitted out a team specifically for her. She's also C5. And you know what? It worked out pretty well.

She actually kills single targets significantly more quickly than my similarly-built C1 Ganyu with max refined Prototype Crescent. Granted, Ganyu blows Beidou out of the water with trivial ease if it's a lone comparison between the two of them, but Beidou actually synergizes with other characters so whenever she attacks she's getting her ult, XQ's swords, Fischl's C6 Oz, electro-charge, and superconduct. Meanwhile using anything other than Venti ult as Ganyu feels like a waste of time that you could be using to shoot more arrows. I'm not even sure Bennett ult is worth the several seconds it takes to swap, cast, and swap back when the ATK bonus is kind of a drop in the bucket that isn't very noticeable.

Ganyu is still a lot better against groups of small enemies though, just because Frostflake has such a huge AoE and I have enough room in the party to slot in Venti. She also gets going immediately while Beidou has to swap characters around to cast a bunch of buffs before jumping in. On the other hand, Beidou is way more survivable (absurdly so with XQ + Qiqi in the party) and unlike Ganyu who is almost useless when there are poo poo ton of attacks coming in that she has to dodge, Beidou just gets stronger.

How did you set up your Beidou artifact wise? Got a Fav great sword to use for her as a burst support with Childe and I’m looking to invest on her again after I abandoned her for Diluc a long time ago. Just found out that her C2 is bonkers good with 2 targets and I want to get in on that. Only negative is that I am really bad at parrying unfortunately.

Team is going to be Childe, Beidou, Fischl and Bennet. Team 2 will be freeze Ganyu or Hu Tao not sure yet, XQ, Sucrose or XL, Diona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Did anyone catch those leaks?