Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
This is an incredibly minor thing, but would it be possible to take COVID out of the title? One of the many great things about this game is the way it gets me out of the news cycle.

I figured if it bothers me there might be others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Xun posted:

It's a bit late (never changed a thread title before) but its done! I think you made a good point

Thanks so much. You just made an internet stranger's day a bit better :glomp:

Osmosisch fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 16, 2020

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will say that Lisa is extremely fun early game just for annihilating groups of weak mobs. I used a Lisa/Sucrose combo to breeze through much of Mondstadt cackling with glee. One of the random 4* weapons I pulled was Eye of Perception which just added to the mayhem. Would recommend.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

frajaq posted:

What does that term mean

Oh man those cutscenes were excellent. Having two characters with talking floating companions interact is extremely funny and they lean into it Another detail I really appreciate is that Oz mostly pronounces the German correctly unlike the Prinzessin herself who learned it from a book.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vargs posted:

Diluc could do 10x the damage he currently does and I would still throw him in the trash can. He has absolutely nothing interesting going on mechanically which is by far the most important thing for a carry that you spend most of your time on imo.

Yes but fire swordbird go brrrrr

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm just waiting for them to make a geo claymore character. The one claymore to rule them all.

Noelle is extremely needs suiting.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dammit I broke my pity way early and now I have a Childe to build up. This is dumb, I'm already sorted for dps, I just wanted C1 on Diona, or failing that get a Beidou for fun big crits. I don't even have a weapon I can give him, stringless is already glued to Fischl. Guess I should craft the prototype.

Also it feels very petty to complain about this. My f2p luck had been rather good or so it feels.

Also, on a more positive note, got the wife and kids into the game so now we take turns rolling around each other's world as a 4-person murder squad :3:

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I just slash everything in the event with lvl80 Keqing, rarely have to use anyone else (though water mages + cryo slimes were really tough combo).

Yeah same except Diluc go brrrrr as mentioned. Diona with her low cooldown shield and aoe heal helps a lot. I imagine Bennett would as well.

I'm actually having a blast with the meteorites, I try to see how much idiotic havoc I can create in the tiny space with xiang ults and bears, flaming birds, ice storms and MC tornadoes all going. poo poo's hilarious.

On an alt account I've built up Ningguang and just park her near the meteorite and let her do her artillery thing, her screens help a lot with archers and such, and crystallize clears the element.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

Also look for any purple goblets with % elemental damage for your damage characters, swapping ATK% to one of those will give you the biggest/easiest DPS boost.
What percentage of a character's damage output should be elemental for this to make sense? Like Diluc for example feels like he's doing about 50/50 physical and fire except during his ult.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tamba posted:

Talk to both of them and they'll tell you about their fierce rivalry. Then, at night you'll find them at the restaurant area, laughing about the fools who fell for their scheme.

I'm continually shocked how many cool little bits of story are tucked away in dialogue with non-descript NPCs. It's excellent and unexpected.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Saxophone posted:

Man, the music is good in this game, but specifically Stormterror's overworld area is GORGEOUS. Gives me strong Xenoblade Chronicles vibes.

Couldn't agree more. An especially nice decision they made in that area is that the battle music doesn't play so you get the full melancholy. I legit got some feelings exploring that ruined area. Even made me sad bothering the hillichurls. At least they seemed to be having fun.

The Childish Jiang quest is also a guy punch when you figure it out, oof. The game can get pretty dark.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kater posted:

Is there much thinking needed for gearing up at A45 besides going to a character's element and getting that set?

What did surprise me is that apparently thundersoother is better for Keqing than thundering fury.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UltraRed posted:

I have the Eye of Perception,

I will never unequip this from my Ningguang because I want to be firing All The Projectiles and it's hilarious seeing the little ball lazily bounce around and oneshot slimes.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bland posted:

That's a cool idea that would explain a few things, but where do the literal god-like beings and monsters fit into it?

I urge everyone to read the Books of the Long Sun by Gene Wolfe.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Osmosisch posted:

I urge everyone to read the Book of the Long Sun by Gene Wolfe for a very well written take on where it seems Genshin might be going

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

theblackw0lf posted:

Plot speculation and event chapter spoilers

I mean if the word “archon” is similar to “gnosis” and you know gnosis mythology it kind of gives the game away

What's interesting to me about this is that the original language is as far as I can tell from things like god-eyes and such not using these gnostic terms and concepts directly, so either the translators are taking analogous concepts from european religion or there's kind of an Evangelion mishmash situation going on.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Amuys posted:

I'm surprised no one's brought up the 'hilichurls are devolved precursor civilization remnants' theory

It's been brought up a bunch. Their relation with the abyss mages who are themselves probably descended from the kings who descended into the depths (cf the elemental tiara description texts) and their attraction to ruins and ancient tech definitely seems to point in this direction.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ibblebibble posted:

I think my new Genshin team building philosophy is "if I build everyone on my team as a main DPS it's not going to matter who I swap to when I fat-finger my swaps, so it's all good".

I like the cut of your jib. I definitely prefer to run around the world as a Diluc, Keqing, Childe, Beidou team. Always something going off!

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Corla Plankun posted:

Is anyone else noticing items falling through the earth a lot this patch? I have lost about 4-5 random green items from chests that just get stuck under the ground so I can't reach them to pick them up. I tried to submit an in game issue feedback thing but it doesn't concern any of the paid content so I guess the system doesn't care.

I've definitely noticed green indicators sticking out next to chests after looting, which didn't give a pickup highlight. It's hard to say whether it's a visual artifact or really an item I could have picked up. Only happens on PS4 though, PC is fine.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kater posted:

yay last day and i finally get diona. only took 70 dang rear end pulls.

rust and 2pc glad/bolide right

I do sac bow and Barbara build since I have plenty dps elsewhere, works great.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Asimo posted:

Sure would be nice if I had even a 4* cup with pyro damage for my Klee. Any sort or bonuses, I'm AR 48 now, I don't care about the specifics. :shepicide:

I have Diluc and Keqing and have gotten 0 (zero) cups with either pyro or electro dmg. Game's messing with me.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The level 90 noblesse domain is loving me up. It's frankly embarrassing how bad I apparently am at fighting these abyss mages once they come with extra effects. I've tried a bunch of teams and prioritising different mages, but I always end up getting careless once a shield is down and getting 100-0d.

At least there's some challenge, but it sucks having to res/heal the team up after every failure.

Eventually Diluc or Keqing will carry me through this, but until then I'm just going to complain a bit.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gandlethorpe posted:

Here's the stylish and cool way to farm Noblesse

https://streamable.com/w9mwhc

Holy crap you can have the hydro guy not aggro? Sick, gonna try this.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, if you just run straight towards the entrance after starting the challenge, the Cryo and Pyro dudes should teleport to you at the same and close enough together to do some swirl tricks. Hydro just chills until you get up close to him.

Thank you. That did the trick.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

Hey are any of these worth it?

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone talk about them.

As I understand it crit and crit damage are the strongest stats endgame, so they do pretty well there, depending on what else you have available.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kale posted:

Again I totally get the "cool" factor well enough, but like to me I could play a given Tales game or any JRPG for that matter and there's probably some generically handsome character (maybe even with the same voice actor if you're into that sort of thing) with a story arc reasonably similar to Zhongli's in there that I could unlock simply by playing the game. That is my initial reaction to that sort of mentality.

If there's a non-gacha teambuilding elemental reaction game I'd like to know about it because Genshin is hitting some notes for me I'd not seen done so well before.

Swapping ice to water to electro to fire and watching all the havoc us just so fun. The only game I've played that comes close is Divinity Original Sin and that's turn based.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I immediately noticed Xinyan's drums and I love them, it's like a little rythm section accompaniment to her hopping around and kicking rear end. Better than Kaeya's goddamn dash line. The hurry is that I want to avoid that attack, bozo.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ashenai posted:

So, anyone know if Baizhu is going to be a playable character? He sure has the clothes for it.

He's listed as upcoming payable but I'm not sure what the source is besides common sense based on his look.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zwiebel posted:

I assume this is irreversible and I gotta suck it up and level everything up to a point where I'm more comfortable again?

Yep.

quote:

Are adventure levels just tied to a max amount that you can't go past until you raise world levels, but you still get xp in the process, which would explain my rapid jump in adventure levels?
There are some world level quests that lock your max rank until you pass them. You're still gaining adventure xp all this time though, so unlocking rank will just give you a bunch of levels in one go.

Rewards also increase with world level so you'll be at power parity soon enough.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Stare-Out posted:

Is having two Pyro characters as big of an advantage as it seems? Klee is one I play a lot but I'm not too fond of having another Pyro (lower level one) just taking up a spot to get the resonance because +25% damage seems kinda nuts but this also kind of forces me to have a character that is there just for the resonance buff instead of another element for support.

It's not actually 25% more damage afaik, that attack bonus is additive with your other +atk effects so if you already have +100% it's only a 12.5% increase effectively.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Framboise posted:

Meanwhile I'm trying to decide who to run with Keqing as a carry. Should I do something like Keqing/Bennett/Xiangling/Venti or Sucrose, or maybe Keqing/Diona/Qiqi/Venti or Sucrose, or maybe some pairing with Xingqiu? I assume you want an anemo on the team for VV and someone who is able to cause reactions... I assume double Cryo is really good because it'd boost her crits.

I really like Keqing/Fischl/Bennett/Xingqiu because you can trigger Oz's extra attack a ton and you've got energy for days. Ults on cooldown!

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Archonex posted:

Nah. In some blurb she mentions she did it just because she didn't like the fact that it didn't look enough like ruins. It's even on the wiki.

quote:

Brightcrown Canyon leads to this huge ruin of an ancient city which was built by the cruel King of Gales, Decarabian. The city was built in a ring-shape. It seems that every resident of the city had been arranged their own spot between the inner and outer rings. Right in the center of the city was the tall tower where the King of Gales resided.
The ruins of the domain of this cruel king, who once tried to control his people's lives, are now utterly deserted.
I blew up a few arcades so people can climb up the tower more easily. Looks quite good to me. The ruin feels more ancient now.

I wouldn't say this is implying the place was intact, she already calls it a ruin.

e: from the Liyue guide:

quote:

The terrain here fascinates me. So many of these Stone Pillars look like they belong deep underground, not here on top of a mountain. There is supposed to be an underground reservoir here. Part of me wonders if all the water was drawn out, perhaps Jueyun Karst would find itself back on the ocean floor where it belongs.
My travel companion Zhongli is the sternest person I know, but he seems most entertained by this theory. He won't stop laughing.
What an odd fellow.

Any explosions here are implicit, but given the character they're strongly implied.

Osmosisch fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 10, 2020

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Wow this food delivery event can bite my rear end. This last delivery for today is some bullshit.

My least favorite is the one where the lady is standing on a boat offshore and you aren't allowed to get wet.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah of course it's doable it was just such a little gently caress you at the end there, just a tiny gap of water but still enough to mess you up if you don't pay attention (I didn't pay attention :saddowns:)

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Today's Yangshu delivery actually got me a chest I'd missed, so thanks I guess!

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mirello posted:

ugh my rolls. Played since beginning of october, I've had 3 5*: Diluc (main carry), and 2 skyward harps. I'd like a bit more variety tbh. pretty disheartening, I think I might put the game down for a while soon, until there's more content. The endless grinding doesnt really do it for me.

Uh sounds like you're pulling on the wrong banner? You should have gotten at least one banner 5 star if you're pulling on the character banner, every second is guaranteed to be the banner char.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Deleter posted:

Yeah, gently caress this. It's not worth the effort and bullshit to try and find the path. These can't have been playtested. I'm on base PS4 and I lose 30 seconds just teleporting somewhere "near" the target then waddling past the infinite aggro range of every hilichurl on the map to get there.

Yeah the load time nott pausing the timer is a giant kick in the nuts.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheFluff posted:

It's sort of fascinating how bad the crossplatform support is and how much it's dragging the game down. The controls and the dungeons are doomed to be forever bad because of mobile (I doubt they'll ever fix the awful lock-on problems for example), but ironically the game doesn't even play that well on mobile. PS4 performance is just horrible by all accounts. It's very ambitious for a mobile game but the execution is just, welp.

It runs fine on my PS4Pro except the load times are pretty long.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Archonex posted:

It might have been changed for other platforms but when I did it it was actually possible to pause the timer in the load screen.

The trick is that the big 5 or so second timer that starts things off pauses in the loading screen. I could hear it constantly ticking about 2x longer than it had left on it and only had the timer start after I got loaded in.

T he 80-second timer is down to 50 once I've loaded in from the teleport. On PS4 as mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

the game should really not exist on PS4/5 based on everything i've heard about it (even before this thread). if Sony wasn't so anal about their online/account stuff it could feasibly just tie into mihoyo's account system so you could at least swap to a playable version but, lol

Nah, it's fine. There's some niggles and I do hope they figure some stuff out especially regarding loading times but overall I'm enjoying my time on PS4 and much as on pc. I mean, I like the game enough that I have cleared everything on pc and am almost done on playstation. It's actually tempting to make yet another account, the power arc they give you as you level through the game is just a masterclass, and exploring the world is a lot more fun when there's still goodies everywhere.