Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hi new thread.

Game is real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone seen a suggested artifact list for each character? I know there has to be one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thanks for the links for artifacts stuff guys!

Also this game plays and looks so much better on mobile now. My phone also doesn’t feel like it’s gonna melt!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flair posted:

Okay, noticing some weird buggy things since the update:

1. Dvalin's neck is harder to climb. Sometimes I just clip through.

2. Statue only auto healing to me full HP minus 1.

I noticed both of these last night as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yo for real have your DPS ready to level to 80 when you hit AR40 or you are in for a rough time.

Things have gotten real for my level 70 dudes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dogsicle posted:

i wouldn't worry about raising any DPS to 80 until you're nearing AR45 where enemies in the world reliably spawn at high 70s/80

Yeah I dunno if I agree with this.

There are plenty of level 72 mobs running around that give enough of a pain in the rear end when you are 70.

Those extra levels really do help.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Also isn't there supposed to be a way to spend resin on this event? Or is that coming later?

Yeah I thought that too?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pulled Childe after about 76 singles.

Yay

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The BP is totally worth it IMO.

It definitely helps keep me playing more since I have objectives to complete for the day / week.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ElMudo posted:

I've been skipping a lot of fights while gathering shards. Why should I kill this hilichurl who came to check out what fell from the sky?

I feel like that's one of the weaknesses with a lot of open world games. Sometimes I just want to chill and explore and not get in a fight.

I’m not 100% sure they even drop anything either. I’ve been paying attention and I swear I haven’t seen a drop from any of the ones around the shards.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Squiddycat posted:

Is there a point to pick up any more of the shards once you've got 20?

To buy stuff from the shop.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I wish these fuckers would drop drat arrow heads.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

These mobs should drop poo poo from this event. It’s dumb that they don’t.

Drops are already rare as gently caress sometimes anyway.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mailer posted:

I need to get on Discord tonight. Just realized there's a multiplayer event and I'm missing out on free stuff for inviting/being invited.

Where did you see that?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I must be legit blind because I don’t see how to make condensed resin from the alchemy table. It’s not even listed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Did you get rank 3 Liyue reputation?

No lol. Guess I know what I’m doing this week.

I’m ar41 and so far behind on things.

I’ll get to work!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hipster Occultist posted:

Its kind of infuriating getting chain-knockbacked by bombs and pushed outside of the circle, and then watching your progress bar dip back down to zero as the game patiently goes through the death animation. :argh:

Yeah some of these fights are 1000% bullshit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Got C6 on Ningguang today, Jade Screen -> Ult -> Jade Screen -> charged attack /w 7x Star Jades is some insane burst damage. :haw:

Childe, but also amazing on Mona if you ever get her.

So my Ningguang is C1 and I’m thinking about trying for C2 on her since her C2 seems legit.

How bad of an idea is that?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I'm a bit confused about how Venti becoming a god works. He wasn't a person originally; he was a wind spirit or something. Have we seen any other instances of sapient elemental spirits? I guess Oceanid maybe? It's also not clear why the gnosis ended up with him after the previous wind archon died.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what's going on, her C2 seems extremely good. Apparently using her ult counts as the wall being destroyed, so you can throw one up immediately after. It feels like you're throwing the wall up constantly with it, but I don't know what to compare it with since I didn't really use Ningguang much until getting C2 with her.

Yeah this is where I’m at with Ningguangs C2. It seems on the face of it super OP.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

What's real fun is when you get smacked outside the circle and then frozen. :shepface:

Or better yet if you die the game counts the circle as unoccupied while the character fades out before it switches to someone else.

Or when they spawn with no health bars....

I’ve given up doing them at 75 or whatever. It ain’t worth the trouble and there’s still plenty of time to finish the event.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poo poo.... 19 pulls after my last 5*

I ain’t complaining but I was really trying to build that pity up.

Edit: pull right after that

Edit 2 why doesn’t that 5* show up in my history??

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 22, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Farg posted:

If i roll a 4-star or higher on a banner, does the pity timer reset?

4* is one every 10 (ish) and is independent from the 5* pity.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ashenai posted:

You don't have to go nuts on the BP at all, there's plenty of slack. As long as you make a legit effort to do it, it's gonna happen. Feel free to ignore challenges you don't like.

As long as you get like 8000 a week, you'll complete it with BP to spare.

Yeah I'm nearly half way done with it and I really think they should add more levels at the end even if it just gives poo poo rewards.

A lot of the other games battle passes do that just so you feel like you keep getting stuff even if the rewards are kinda poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

How do you continue completing ley lines without spending resin? The flowers just sit there and I don't know how to get rid of them without spending resin.

Just come back the next day and they refresh.

If you kill the 4 on the map every day you only need to do that for 5 days for the BP quest.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sirbloody posted:

Was browsing my stories on Instagram and Genshin Impact had a sponsored post for a code GENSHINGIFT for 50 gems and 3 xp books.

Thanks it worked!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hyper Inferno posted:

Has anyone had additional experience regarding the multiplayer account hack thing where players can hi-jack accounts by joining co-op worlds? A little hesitant to do the co-op meteor event because of it and just did some single player runs earlier.

Sounds kinda BS imo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sirbloody posted:

I sometimes hate this game. Even though I already have x1 Childe I been pulling on the banner to attempt to get my Ningguang to C6 (She is C5 so I figured it wouldn't be that hard) since I was so far from the next 5* pity. 24 pulls in I got my Ningguang to C5 10 pulls later I got a C1 Diona and now because my son insisted I had enough gems for another roll.... C1 Childe. I guess I REALLY need to make a team for him now (Shame I just have the Amos bow for him but better than nothing), and here I was trying to build up my pity to see if I want to pull on the Zhongli banner.

:same:

Mine was 19 pulls though. Still hunting for Ningguang.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dogsicle posted:

the glitter shop will refresh on CN server before NA, so yeah you can see what the next month is on the very last day. though they'd have to release and drop an entirely new OP 4* to have anything in next month's shop that's better than Bennett.

I already have him is it worth it for his c1?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ashenai posted:

That's not what I mean, I mean that instead of buying the character for 34, you could use 35 starglitter to buy 7 pulls instead. So when you buy a character, you're giving up on those 7 pulls.

Oh no I can’t believe I’m giving up 7 debate clubs!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So I was talking about Ningguang's damage at C6 earlyer, so I made a quick video to show what I meant: https://youtu.be/68LRX_IIuSw

This is at WL5 since I'm only AL43 but I really hope this will still be possible at WL6 when I farm up better equipment.

This is a good video but aren’t you missing a chunk of DPS by not passing through your screen?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

NINGGUANG, 4 TIMES IN A ROW

I wish!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

In my quest for c2 Ningguang I C6’d Diona.

I guess I’m gonna have to use her.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

When you C6 a character does it get pulled from the pool of characters you can pull?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

YES bread posted:

no, you just get bonus glitter when you pull them

That’s... unfortunate.

Definitely not the way I’d hoped the game did it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

YES bread posted:

I don't know of any gacha that removes stuff from the pool on an individual player basis, mostly they just give you bonus items for pulling unusable dupes

Na quite a few of them do actually. I’ve played a few that have done it that way and it’s a much better system vs giving a single roll back to you.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I have absolutely no experience with gacha games so take this thought with all the seriousness that it deserves.

I wonder if they're planning on adding additional weapon types to the game in the years to come.

100%

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Already had some pity saved up so I got geo dad in 5 pulls lol.

Time to save again!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hey are any of these worth it?

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone talk about them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

They're universally pretty bad compared to blackcliff (which was in the shop last month and will probably be in the shop next month).

Oh! I guess I didn’t pay attention that they rotated.

I don’t need any of them I was more just curious if they would be worth it.

Thanks guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Does anyone have a good video or guide on how to use Diona correctly? I really feel like I’m missing something. I have her to C6 and I dunno... just seems off.