Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Remember to save up for Ganyu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Whats this about special hilichurls that spawn rarely in the world? What did I miss, do I get something special after killing them?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

so this weekly BP quest I can just farm out in some low level Domain right

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gently caress the 7th abyss floor lmao

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ashenai posted:

Just started the new event and Fischl is already deploying the chuuni at full blast. Excellent.

What does that term mean

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

kater posted:

Geo slimes break my brain. They are immune to geo but their shields are weak to it.

I just run from these fuckers at WL 5 tbh

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So I assume today's quest has different dialogue if you didnt do Mona's quest before?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

very nice

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Bland posted:

A whole lot of posts on this page making me realise just how much Venti trivialises 90% of this game's content.

I feel real bad for those late joiners that werent able to get him during his banner tbh

Useful in literally every single aspect of the game

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

thank gently caress I didnt need to do the Leylines one

im at BP 23 with 28 days to spare, this poo poo is gonna be easy to complete, too bad Shadowlands comes out tomorrow tbf

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

That's why I always run around the world with Kaeya

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Radical posted:

i wish the ice spear girl wasn't likely to be on albedo's banner because im pretty close to pity already and i think im gonna pass on him

Rosaria is coming in this December's banner? thought it was Ganyu time

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Tenik posted:

I'm having some trouble doing the AR 45 domain for the Crimson Witch artifacts, mostly because my DPS are pyro or electro. Can someone recommend a party that can take care of the slimes there?

Available Characters:
Klee
Diluc
Venti
Keqing
Diona
Sucorse (C2)
Noelle (C1)
Xinyan (C1)
Bennet
Fischl (C3)
Ningguang
Xingqiu
Beidou (C2)
Xiangling (C6)
Barbara (C4)
Lisa (C1)
Kaeya
Amber (C1)
Razor (C1)
Traveler (C6)

time to invest in your Kaeya bro

I went Kaeya/Venti/Xingqiu/Geo MC, its rough but doable

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh so keeping up with Abyss is gonna be some weird arms-race with Miyoho huh. I feel like spending waayyy less with the game now

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

whats up with plants in this world

everything around the loot mechanics is about Resin, and you either use it on dead rear end trees or seeds
we feed creepy red crystals to an unknown tree in Dragonspire that seemed to be sealed beneath?
we track down the other crystals to unlock the new domain because it blooms ice flowers around them
Albedo got his hands on literal seed from another world (?!?!)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Archonex posted:

. Along with why he knew it was a seed from another world to begin with and not just some rare genus of plant that no one had ever seen before. Not knowing that makes him extremely suspicious.

*One guy had to write a dissertation to really get across how likely it is that Celestia is essentially pulling a gnostic con on the people of Teyvat. I recommend you read at least the last part of this https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IJtJdj5wFurO3FGPcm2DxgQ12T4zQBms6kcE5l8Kj30/edit to get an idea of how hosed up the world of Teyvat really is.

:stonk: jesus christ this cosmology

juicy details tho, thanks!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

theblackw0lf posted:

For those, like me, who love digging into Genshin Impact's lore, the wiki has this really great timeline pieced together by all the books, dialog, and item descriptions found in the game. What's great is they footnote all these at the bottom with links to the actual content the info was taken from, so you can just scroll to the bottom and explore the content and try to piece together the timeline yourself. (though right now it's missing a lot of info from Dragonspine).

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

Also, in discussion of lore and story spoilers, I think it would be good to distinguish spoiler content that comes from the game itself, and spoiler content that comes outside the game (trailers, manga, Honkai Impact, etc..) For example, there was a story trailer for Genshin Impact that I quickly turned off as it was literally describing the plot for each major chapter coming up. So that's the type spoiler content I want to avoid. However I'm happy to explore spoiler speculation that comes from what we find in the game itself. Even the timeline I reference above uses stuff from the manga so I averted my eyes to that information.

I started an alt account today just to slowly pay more attention to how the game starts, I gave 0 poo poo about it on my first Genshin account because I had no idea the game was so surprisingly lore-heavy

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

the background while you're still in no-Constellation is kinda pretty, stars of various colors shimering around, wish there was a way to put that for the protagonist in some way again

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what the gently caress have they done to Barbara's voice? is she on xannies?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

If I have a solid 90 Klee for DPS, but I wanted to get into Abyss these days, should I focus now on my C1 Keqing or C0 Diluc for my B team?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Araganzar posted:

Benny is my first c6, so I feel obligated to look at the gd red ! on his portrait every time I open up my character screen.

christ what a nightmare

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Gyoru posted:

c5 rosaria and a childe c2 in 90 pulls (dodged barb and got fish twice)

I hate you

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

feeling kinda dumb, dont understand how that Rapid Current swirl zone works, and I supposed to just wash the debuff off there and then gently caress off?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Araganzar posted:

I've heard a lot about the climbing and gliding physics in this game but no one really gives proper credit to the dog physics:

https://i.imgur.com/ffAyTKp.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd5Kund0mWE

:lol:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

going after a humble C0 ZhongLi is a no-brainer if I dont have him yet, and I'm close to pity right

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wowee this new boss is going to take some practice

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I got 5.2k today all buffed up with Klee/Xingqiu/Fischl/Bennett but I still feel like a shitter because I see people getting 6k and 7k lmao

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

MAYBE

MAYBE

MAYBE

MAYBE

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

did they buff billet drop rates or what

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Speaking of which, here's a fun video of that Sucrose DPS comp after the changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4WuLgE8qk

Spoilers: It's Good.

I have both Venti AND a C6 Sucrose by a twist of fate, not even targeting her honestly, so I'm at a loss what to do, maybe just farm two VV sets lol? This video makes me want to take full advantage of her kit

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

why are we supposed to hate the Fatui again

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Tae posted:

Don't monkey paw this, judging by what beta testers are saying about Inazuma.

it makes sense if true since it would be the first time going into an Archon territory that's outright hostile from the start to the Traveller?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Bloody Emissary posted:

Locations of characters in the archipelago after the Act III quest is over:

Jean, Kaeya, and Klee are all on the southwest island with the bubble shield.
Barbara and Razor are on the eastern coast of the central island where Maguu Kenki is.
Albedo is on the southern island, just south of the waypoint.
Diluc is on the northwest island with the three mountains and loads of hilichurls. He's north-northeast of the waypoint, so if you (like me) tend to rotate the camera clockwise to turn it around, you might miss him at first glance.

thank you for this

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

someone leak the next banner

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

R-Rosaria... fuggg I hope I'm more lucky with her than the Child banner, that was a rough one for me

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Real talk is there a point where doing all the 4 weekly bosses isnt worth doing? Doing 3 gives nice progression on BP but the rewards sometimes dont seem worth it at 60 resin cost for the 4th one

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Tae posted:

Craftables only drop from weeklies, and we're getting a whole new set of them for Inazuma next patch.

I thought the Inazuma billets would be a different kind

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hydro claymore never...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wow just saw that Kazuha teaser and something feels VERY VERY off from his voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

no one asked but I managed to get everyone I have nice and clean to lvl 50 and ascended them, all is well :pgabz: