Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Decide to go back and get all the stars on Abyss 1 and 2 at AR 45. That was an easy 200 primogems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

padijun posted:

the -culus locators are such a nice system

They've made me realize I must be terrible at looking at the minimap. One of the geoculi I missed was right by a map marker I placed for a Dandy challenge.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I pulled on the Childe banner just hoping for Ningguang (I have her on my F2P alt and she *rocks* :v:). Got C2 Ningguang and a C0 Diona. Looking forward to trying Diona out in my Keqing team.

I've had Enviosity streaming in the background while I do other things and he almost makes me want to level Amber. Once I'm through with other priorities, maybe...

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I was roaming Liyue looking for cor lapis to make compasses for the last few geoculi I needed and found all three (plus a lot of chests) while I was bumming around. I get so lost in the Stone Forest/Jueyun Karst/Cujie Slope area.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I've been skipping a lot of fights while gathering shards. Why should I kill this hilichurl who came to check out what fell from the sky?

I feel like that's one of the weaknesses with a lot of open world games. Sometimes I just want to chill and explore and not get in a fight.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

kater posted:

do i... do i ever get to find unseen razor?

We better get to find it eventually.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Hackan Slash posted:

The real Unseen Razor is the friends we made along the way.

What if it's a really great 5-star and we can either turn it in to complete the quest or keep it like the messed up treasure hoarding murder hobos we are?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

No Wave posted:

Given that we all just got 200 purple books and 2.5 million mora I don't think that's an odd position to be in!

I've already used all my purple books. :whatup:

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I just wish Diona's heals ticked a little faster. I find myself having to pause sometimes if I'm trying to heal someone particular. I would love to get her C6, but I got C6 Ningguang off this banner, so I can't complain. I think Diona's C6 + a geared Sucrose would be a lot of fun.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm all about that portable waypoint so I went Monstadt.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
On the 5-star chat, while I've amassed a good collection through dolphining, I'm almost always Jean in co-op. Qiqi might be the only other healer I would consider taking into co-op generally and if I had the choice, but I haven't read enough to say. Diona and Bennett both rely on people staying in one place and Barbara's DPS is worse than Jean's. Jean can at least make a dent and if I can isolate some small enemies to toss w/o interfering with the main DPSes, can do some real damage.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Soothing Vapors posted:

I think those mats can technically start dropping at AR40 but I didn't see a single one until AR45

Conversely, I think I've gotten one almost every time I've run it since AR40, but not any of the ones I want.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Teyvat the Shire confirmed.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

kater posted:

yay last day and i finally get diona. only took 70 dang rear end pulls.

rust and 2pc glad/bolide right

The 2 piece bolide effect doesn't carry over to other characters, so other options are probably better.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I put up my portable waypoint on top of Snarsnatch Cliff rather than directly on crab island so I can farm cecilias, too. Then I decided to try the Anemo treasure compass on the island thinking I couldn't have possibly missed a chest out there...

Nope, there was a precious chest I had missed.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Depending on how my pulls go, I could possibly C6 Barbara from the shop. That's pretty tempting. But definitely not getting her constellations unless I can get her C6.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I was ~75 into pity and did about 60 rolls. Got Zhongli, C1 Chongyun, C1 Razor, and Xinyan. I'd love to pick up some constellations for Xinyan, I had a lot of fun with both her and popsicle boy in their trials. The Razor trial was glitched for me, no enemies spawned.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Reiterpallasch posted:

there's leaked beta footage going around which certainly makes ganyu's full charge look about as fast as amber's, though i wouldn't be surprised if she got a nerf before release because, uh, diluc does 612% on his ult at level 7 if he sweet spots it.

please do not dump all your gems or real money when her banner shows up based on a weeks-old one line post on the something awful forums without doing due diligence

I've converted my retirement savings to primos based on your post. Genshin Impact will get me through my twilight years.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Unless the character is literally a rip off of Groot or Treebeard, I will make an angry reddit post.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Hazdoc posted:

the problem with jean DPS is that she's splitting her damage between two types, physical and anemo. Diluc can build for pyro and be fine doing it, since he infuses his sword with pyro after bursting, but jean has no such luxury. So often she ends up being relegated to healer/nuke support rather than a proper DPS, unless you're explicitly building the team around her with a venti, for instance.

I've never bothered with anemo damage on Jean, but I mostly run her for heals and yeets. Her physical damage is good enough when I run into something Klee can't bomb to death.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

No Wave posted:

They do a lot. Her E is as mentioned above, her Q does the same damage as Zhong Li's rock while healing your party to full. Physical doesn't make any sense on her because most of her damage should come from abilities and phys% isn't the same as atk so it won't scale her healing.

Yeah, I don't build for physical damage, just attack and some ER. The scaling on her E and Q are good enough that I don't feel the need for more anemo damage with her.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

No Wave posted:

Better scaling would mean anemo damage would be more beneficial. That said idk what people like, atk is more heal and anemo is more ability damage so either is probably fine.

If only I had a decent VV set to give her.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm looking forward to an Anemo claymore character for my dream stamina reduction overworld farm team of Amber/Kaeya/double Anemo. Just can't mine efficiently with either of those two or Sucrose/Jean.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

gandlethorpe posted:

I thought that stuff doesn't stack

I thought it was that e.g. Kaeya's passive wouldn't stack with another character with the same passive, but Kaeya is sprint, Amber is glide, and Anemo resonance is its own thing. I feel like when I hit Crab Island, I just make it with either Amber or double Anemo, but I get there comfortably with both.

For example, Amber and Venti don't stack. If I had Venti, I could have my dream team.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm interested, in an academic way unless geo is buffed, in what a geo Archer could do to be interesting and thematic.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

dogsicle posted:

if the datamines hold true then the only anemo claymore we know of atm is kid-sized. not bad for mining but i suppose you'd be running/climbing around as Kaeya anyway.

at least based on in-game text the elemental resonance should stack with passive talents. the talents only mention they aren't stackable with each other at least.

Yeah, I use Klee for danger mining currently, so I'm used to switching off her for travel.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Amber just gives reduced stamina consumption while gliding right?
There's like 2 or 3 spots in the entire game that are high enough for it to be even possible to run out of stamina before you hit the ground.

The other time where it's relevant is getting to Crab Island, gliding from a high point and then landing in water and swimming the rest of the way. But for that Beidou's swimming boost is more useful anyways :v:

Yeah, but the less I use gliding the more I have for sprinting!

Also, I just hate stamina as a mechanic. It's fine for charged attacks, but I hate it for exploration. Just let me climb and run to my heart's content.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Surely Alice taught her the secret of rocket jumping.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Glazius posted:

Do you need the cryo? Razor gets a sprint discount too, and that's a claymore.

I want either cryo or hydro for grabbing pyro flowers on the route.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Yeah, I ran the top level electro artifact domain once with Diona thinking the superconductor blast wouldn't be that bad. Killed her on the first E I think.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Some Numbers posted:

You think that's bad? I refined my Aminus.

Me, too. I didn't know! I DIDN'T KNOW!

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
1.2 better have more map pins. I'm out and haven't even marked everything I want to mark.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Hexel posted:

Today at AR 40 and WL 5 I discovered you can revive in combat, eat, use a potion and just generally take your sweet time doing anything just by opening up the menu and the game pauses :shobon:

I think there are some things bugged with the pause. I paused in the middle of the Oceanid fight yesterday for a few minutes and when I came back I got hit with it's circle of death attack as if I was taking a long time to beat it.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

kater posted:

I mean it prolly means non-diluc haters have a spread out team comp and dilux just use diluc.

Also he might be non banner but he’s been in game since launch and is only 5s carry sides keq that has and I think kq has problems in Golden jouse?

I think Keqing also takes more investment to get up to Diluc's level. Diluc can hit hard without too much thought.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Tae posted:

Pyro counters golden house.

I haven't found anything to suggest that Childe has a weakness to Pyro and I haven't noticed him applying hydro or electro to himself which would be the main advantage for pyro without an innate weakness.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Nakar posted:

Keqing/Diluc stuff
Yeah, investment was the wrong word. I meant that she took more thought to set up and play, but was struggling to put it in to words.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I've got an alt I started playing for when dailies don't tide me over and the early game is such a different experience knowing how the elemental system works. I had no idea how to use Anemo MCs E the first time around. I didn't realize how good it was until I watched Enviosity using it in the Abyss.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

The Crusher posted:

Yeah almost every quest wraps up with ~To Be Continued~, which I'm sure is a way to leave the door wide open for when their development gets back to that point of continuing a story. Personally I'm very excited to pick up where I left off with Mona, which was becoming a starving bum in a freshly rented empty house.

It would also be more than really cool to see Beidou get a quest. Maybe branch away from the generic domain dungeon finisher and let us fight some ambitious seafaring hilichurls across 2 pirate ships.

I'm hoping for a Beidou quest with Inazuma since we have to cross the ocean.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I only spend because the brain worms make I more smarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I wish mine would move so I could maybe get some different mats when I just run one.