Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So, Stringless or Rust for Childe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So do you really need a team built around setting up reactions for Childe to make him work? My perspective is pretty skewed since I've been using Diluc for so long but i feel like I'm just not getting much out of Childe when I swap to him. Builds up energy so slow, I can hit e once on Diluc and do like 9k damage or spend triple that amount of time hitting that with Childe's dagger attacks, etc.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

once a week, 60.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They are far from useless imo!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I ran out of crystals long ago and sweeping the map to hit all the nodes is too tedious for me so I welcome the convenience that comes from hitting up 2-3 magic ore spots.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Childe ftw.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Real bummer if you can only buy 1 of each book like the picture implies.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mailer posted:

Everyone is talking about the payoff in books and stuff and I'm thinking: wouldn't you just spend as much as you can on crowns, given the limited time nature of the event?

There is probably only one crown in the event shop. I've never played a gacha game that allowed for an unlimited amount of that type of item. It's always one or two per event to keep you playing.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Still can't get over how what's shaping up to be the most profitable and popular gacha game on the market is a Husband game.

Dudes Rock.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

what does "Husband game" mean please

Well you see. It's a game, where all the units theyre pumping out are cute guys, rather than cute girls like every other gacha game that exists besides the one bara game with the dudes with gigantic packages.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hope they add costumes so we can get phase 2 Childe as one. Looks sexy with the scarf and the mask on.

His phase 3 is definitely going to be an alt character at some point though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are the main stat artifact modifiers set specific or just slot specific? Like I've seen a bunch of wanderer's string kettles with differing elemental damage but I never seem to get that modifier on other sets that use the same slot.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So is there a general 'winner' to the BP weapons now that the dust has settled or is it just dependent on what you have? I took the spine last time since I hit BP30 pretty early in when people all thought it was the best (and people didn't know yet that environmental damage ticks away at your stacks :v:) so I dunno what to take this time...

e: also just unlocked the 50k crit damage achievement, woo.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 20, 2020

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

UltraRed posted:

Why's everyone so hot to Zhongli? He's a spear user and geo element? One of the most boring combinations

He's sexy as hell.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man Venti and Childe make such a hilarious duo for speed clearing these meteorites. As long as its one with smaller enemies that can be sucked up. Venti Burst - > Childe Bow Burst instantly deletes all of them and leaves me either done or one kill away. Takes like 15 seconds per now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really wish I could turn like 2 of one kind into another. I can't level Diluc's talents anymore because the game just refused to ever give me plumes but I have a bunch of Sighs and claws.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Completed chapter 9 of the adventurer book only to find out there's no chapter 10. Boo!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't say I'm a fan of this leg of the event. Losing ALL your stored energy when you get hit by a stray arrow when trying to channel for 5 seconds is awful. At WL6 in co-op enemies have so much hp that it's just a chore and feels bad. Still clearing in like 4-5mins but I'm not really enjoying myself. Going to just do this part slowly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You can get 2 sometimes.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

uhhh this is the first time i've ever heard this. are you sure?

It's true.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm fully willing to be wrong but alot of the stuff that is being said to be definitive proof of a connection between the games has been really tenuous at best to me. I don't really buy it yet.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think its particularly guaranteed. But I could see it happening.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really wish that there was like, a rotating expedition node per region that gave some character ascension materials. Would help make stuff like violetgrass and cor lapis or those mushrooms less of a pain to stockpile.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is today's glider challenge messed up? I feel like I'm going crazy but the first ring has you too low to hit any of the others.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

CJ posted:

Press E.

Haha oops. Forgot about that.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ashenai posted:

So, anyone know if Baizhu is going to be a playable character? He sure has the clothes for it.

My personal bet is that he'll release alongside Act 3 (along with Dendro becoming a fully realized element) OR perhaps in the patch between Act 2 and 3 as a sort of introduction to the element. Just speaking out my rear end though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dudes Rock.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm confused where all this "zhongli is unusable trash" stuff is coming from when most tier lists I'm seeing from different languages all just put him in A or S tier.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm also highly suspicious of week 1 doomsaying about units considering people did the same exact poo poo for klee and childe and look how that turned out lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think every character should be fully self sufficient I guess. synergy is the whole point of the combat system so Zhongli needing to rely on others to help his generation doesn't really seem like a bad thing.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Archonex posted:

Do you have him? Because his generation is so low that he straight up appears to have bugged energy generation at times.

To put it in perspective, you can drop a stele or hold the skill to generate a shield and he will sometimes generate literally gently caress all in the way of energy. Like zero. If something is coming in it's so small that it doesn't even register as ticking the burst meter up. Other times you'll get a slow trickle. Twice (I've mained him since I got him to test whether the people complaining about him are overreacting or not.) now i've had it suddenly skyrocket upwards by about half a bar out of nowhere. I haven't been able to identify a cause in any of those cases.

Also, see John Lee's post about why this is problematic, among a host of other issues.

I do have him and just don't see it as big of a deal as you and other people do.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly people should just not be basing stuff off beta leaks ever. Especially when the beta is closed to the public and under NDA, things changing from that an release is not mihoyo tricking or lying to people which seems to be another common element of the boycott crowd which is nuts to me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I just want a less painful/tedious way to level artifacts..Please Mihoyo...I already have 4 characters kitted out in 20s and a few 16s and trying to do the same for any other character I'm leveling is pure pain.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Refined animus crew reporting in.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just how huge is that second pillar for Zhong anyways?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Alright, good to know. I'll hold what I got for Albedo then.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got Amos bow off my blue fate pity. (and Keqing off purple. RIP albedo) Is Amos bow worth using over Rust for Childe? it seems like it (unless you have like max refine rust i guess?) but I don't wanna shove all these resources into it and get owned cuz its actually bad or whatever.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I got Qiqi c1, which might be the worst 5 star c1, arguably.

This happened to me on the Zhongli banner. Extremely bad feeling.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Amos' bow rework is really weird. Why bother requiring half a second of being switched to, to have the full attack bonus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Nakar posted:

I don't think they changed how it works, they just changed the description... to one that does not help me at all to understand what it actually does. My assumption is it's a damage ramp the longer an arrow is in flight or, perhaps, the longer an attack is out before it hits. I don't think it helps Tartaglia's melee any, for example, but I could be wrong. There's no indication of a general buff on the character when they deploy, so I don't think it's that.

Yeah I did some testing myself and yeah...they just made the description really deceptive now I guess? What a malicious change lol.