Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So, Stringless or Rust for Childe?

His daggers are considered normal attacks so Stringless doesnt seem to work on it from what people said. Slingshot also doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

quote:

By claculations for total damage in 30 sec. (28 normal hits + 2 EB)/sec.

Skyward Harp = 4281/sec.

Stringless = 4118/sec. (but weak normal shots in archer mode)

Rust = 3856/sec.

Amos = 3816/sec.

Blackcliff = 3703/sec. (in non-boss battles).

Viridescent = 3642/sec.

Raven = 3430/sec.

From some dude on reddit, can't really say how accurate it is tho.

Kild fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 14, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

No Wave posted:

Last I heard Stringless didn't work with his normal attacks and only applied to the initial AOE... I haven't tested it though.

I'd need the link because there isn't really an easy way to calculate how much damage 25% crit rate is, it's totally contingent on what your crit damage is.

It's mostly for the burst damage since its such a huge multi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jse521/bows_that_workdont_work_with_childes_melee_mode/

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It's 2 EBs in 30 seconds which is possible because its cooldown is 15s isn't it?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

padijun posted:

who do I put my xp books into?

constellations:

fischl c2
xiangling c3
venti c2
barbara c5
noelle c2
ningguang c2

right now my strategy for most fights is drop xiang and fischl's pets then switch to razor and jean and hit stuff while cycling their skills.

XQ is really good with Razor carry. Then as No Wave said you want a 2nd carry at 80 for your 2nd team in Abyss.

Some Numbers posted:

Is it worth spending Talent books on Xiangling's Skill and Burst if most of what I do with her is spam regular attacks?

Granted my Xiangling is C6 but the majority of her damage is by far her burst and skill from my experience.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

frajaq posted:

What does that term mean

"14 year old syndrome" where you think you're someone with special powers and a dark past and dont make me mad I'll send you to the next dimension.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C5%ABniby%C5%8D

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Chuunibyou

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Squiddycat posted:

Is it really worth leaving dudes at 70 and not bothering with the last 2 uncaps

I heard this rumor somewhere, prolly this thread

for supports (Venti, Barb, Sucrose, Bennet etc) its fine but your DPS (Razor,Xiangling, Diluc, Klee, Childe etc) should not.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

I followed the maps to pick up all the meteorites but I only have 215 when I’m suppose to have 218. Are those last 3 going to be important to hunt down?

E: In other gatcha games I’ve played it wasn’t ever worth it to lvl up 4 star characters cause the 5 stars were just that much better. But here people are using 4 star characters. Is that just because the game is so new and there aren’t that many characters yet?

What gachas are those? Most of the popular ones usually have lower rarity units that are really good.

The 4*s that are good are really good like Bennet and Xingqiu. But yea as was stated there's like 28 characters in the game and 8 of those are 5*s. So just from the niche factor alone 4*s currently have a place.
As an example Xiangliang is the only spear user in the game so far until Zhongli comes out in a month. Barbara is also your only guaranteed water user and healer.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mailer posted:

Ok, forget saving up for Xiao. I'm all in on the guy from the new quest. No idea who he is or when he'll get put in the game, but the only thing cooler than having a cape is having a hat with a cape.

That's Scaramouche (do the fandango). He's apparently another Fatui Harbinger.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

What do I use the shards for? Buy up the exp books, then everything else, then the mona?

Exp Books then Mora. Slivers are mostly worthless because you need multiple of the material that only drops from the bosses anyway.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fischl's 100% serious and actually telling the truth in everything she says. You'll rue the day you think it's a joke or even worse call her Amy.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a general guideline for what level my artifacts/weapons should be relative to my current AR? I’m at I think AR27 and I have my 4 star relics upgraded to 8 but everything else is at 4. My Klee is at 50 and everyone else at 40 and I’m having trouble clearing even floor 3/chamber 1 cause I don’t think I have enough dps or I’m just really bad at mechanics.

What do I even do at this point of the game? I don’t have any more quests available that I’ve found and the OP says I shouldn’t be feeling for artifacts until AR45.

The Traveler doesn’t have a vision? What about those things on her sleeve that glowed blue in the first scene with Venti when the dragon saw her?

Work on your weapons, ascensions and talents and dailys. Tho with the event running you should probably just focus on that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tae posted:

Childe is really bad because it's just a title, same as targalis or whatever. His real name is in his bond lines.

Yeah Childe is just an old rear end word for Young Lord. Tartaglia is his harbinger codename and his real name is Ajax.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

UltraRed posted:

Why's everyone so hot to Zhongli? He's a spear user and geo element? One of the most boring combinations

strong himbo energy

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

venti mona fischl and xiangling is what I use and every meteor is fairly easy I just can spam bursts for days.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Team comp and gear matter the most.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I'd assume it'd work similar to Fire/water/ice but with Water/Dendro/Lightning?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

At AR45, you do have to run through the upgrade dungeon in order to get 5 star artifacts?

I dont believe so but why put it off its free pulls and better drops in world.

Lechtansi posted:

If Mondstadt took maybe 20 hours, and Liyue 30, and all the remaining zones are of Liyue size, then you get (6*30)+20 which is 200. It's all tea leaves anyways, since it's not actually out, but assuming the game lives long enough to see all 7 zones complete, 200 hours isn't out of the question.

The next area looks to be smaller than even Mondstadt.

Kild fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 24, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stormgale posted:

That isn't a region though, they are talking about each country with an archon

Huh? It's the electric archon area isn't it?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Weird considering we're getting the lightning element for the traveler there I believe?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mailer posted:

The BP weapon selection kind of confuses me. Specifically - would Viridescent Hunt (instead of Rust) make C0 Childe a monster and therefore is good, or should I just get the Black Sword and wait for a sword character to stick it on?

They're very close in DPS calculation but the crit substat makes Childe feel a lot better to play and easier to gear imo.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Adding a phone number asks for a 6-digit code sent to your email; it's unclear how they're supposed to be getting around this.

From what I was told it's not rate limited so you can just brute force it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheFluff posted:

The multiplier on her ult is big for a single hit but significantly smaller than the total multiplier of many 4* support ults including ones that don't require the character to be on the field for the duration of the ult. If you had the same stats and talent levels on Xiangling, she'd do more than twice that damage total over the duration of her ult. I consider that to be bad for a 5*.

It's weird to compare a single hit to a dot/multi hit. In Abyss if I can one shot a wave that's better than me waiting several seconds for her to do the same amount of damage as just pressing Q even ignoring the fact Mona's burst is gonna hit most of the room while Xiangling's fire discs aren't and can be finicky like on top of Stormterror where they'll whiff if you're too close to the neck crystal.

Kild fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Nov 25, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It also gives you crit if you have double ice in the party.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Beezel posted:

I remember meta-apes whining about Klee when she released as being weak and clunky and then by the end of the week universally agreeing that she was busted. Don't listen to meta-apes.

They wanted to use her as a support for some reason when it was clear she was a good fire carry.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

You get Zhongli for big shields and petrify. Everything else is extra and even then Crescent Pike Zhongli damage tests have him only like 2 seconds slower than Electric Keqing against Childe.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Electro scaled with EM perfectly keeps up with Melt/Vaporize reactions. It's just very few people are actually stacking EM with like Sucrose and its not as good as a video as Childe Diluc or Mona doing 100k.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

one more for the goblet flex pile

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I had this cursedly rolled thing as an AR reward.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Klee's always set the grass on fire so I just put it out on Mona to ruin their fun.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLC-mFhjXFg

granted its a whale acc but she one cycles stormterror.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://streamable.com/iwz2sy

more whale poo poo

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://streamable.com/xqsknl lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pitied Dilu instead of Big Titty Goat GF :(

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://streamable.com/gx9jqq

You don't even need to melt comp. Not shown is him also breaking his shield before his first flyby.

She's probably the best boss killer imo.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

yay, I hit adventure rank 45! I read some things saying to maybe not do the ascension quest, is that true? Should I stay at world level 5?

theres 0 reason to not rank up unless for some reason your only gameplay for the past 3 months has been daily quests to increase your AR and 0 other progression.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Main DPS doesn't even need to be 80/80 even 70/80 is fine until you have too many exp books to know what to do with imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

What makes Venti so good? To be honest every time I’ve done a coop domain with a Venti I’ve always hated it cause I can’t attack the things he throws up into the air and he seems to do that 24/7 so I’m not sure why I’d want that.

He hits hard, reduces elemental resist, groups up enemies, generates ton of energy.