Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

UltraRed posted:

Dear Mihoyo,

Please remove Elemental Sight and everything that uses it. I just spent 30 minutes trying to find my bounties and didn't find poo poo.

Thank you,
Ultrared

Are you not following the airflow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Keqing is cool because the entirety of Liyue is super devout to Rex Lapis and reverent of the adepti and she's just like "who gives a poo poo, gods suck".

She literally has a room full of rex merch

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pierson posted:

With the amount of resources it takes at higher levels I could probably bring my entire B-team up to 60-70 for the cost of taking my Diluc and Fishl team to 70-80.

There's no real point in having character leveled past getting their 2nd passive in most cases, especially over another ascension 4 character.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

frajaq posted:

so this weekly BP quest I can just farm out in some low level Domain right

You don't even need to spend resin

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Framboise posted:

No need to be scared, Tartaglia is extremely good

Daddy Zhong is better

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Early Tier lists are bad, but most people playing genshin are new to gacha and dont' know this universal rule.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Stanko-Prussian posted:

That "Recommended team level: 35" on the childe fight is such an incredible hilarious lie.

It scales to ar level, iirc

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The event started in Asia like 12 hours ago.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The biggest grossing gacha in Japan's best characters is basically a 1 star out of 5 (FGO)

One of the best characters in Tales of Crestoria, a recent gacha, was a lower rarity character because he produced the best debuff in the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

For example FFBE. I haven’t played in a while so I don’t remember everything but iirc everyone who wasn’t a rainbow 5 star wasn’t worth using because they couldn’t be awakened up to 7 stars. Shortly after I quit they added essentially an 8th star power-up that iirc obliterated everyone not 8 stars in terms of dps. Power creep etc.

You picked like the worst example in the entire gacha universe. Everyone, *everyone* thinks FFBE is the worst poo poo with their 8 star rarity bullshit.

Any game by Gumi or Nexon is the worst poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

frajaq posted:

So I assume today's quest has different dialogue if you didnt do Mona's quest before?

Yes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jwe21m/the_event_dialog_with_mona_changes_if_you_havent/

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Welkin for a week after I started the game, had enough pulls for basically 2 5 stars naturally.

Seriously, Welkin is the only buy I would highly recommend.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only 4 star I'm missing is Chong. The only character I have at C2+ is Xingling and ugh Razor.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

if ever there was a case for not localizing a word, that was probably it

Childe is really bad because it's just a title, same as targalis or whatever. His real name is in his bond lines.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Two artifact sets were straight up the opposite of what their effect was for all of 1.0.

Whatever localization company they got, it was not one of the higher-up ones like 8-4 (Who among did Nier, Revengence, Fire Emblem Awakening/echoes) also does Draglia.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You can also farm for characters and they just give away 5 stars by that point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Quetzadilla posted:

Blew my entire stash of primos playing since launch (f2p) trying to just get a c2 ning but for my troubles got c6 fiona, c4 beidou, and an off-banner mona (but not ning). Also pulled sacrificial fragments which is probably good for someone. Won't have much to throw at zhaddy unfortunately :(

You have about 31 days to get zhong since pity counter carries over.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

talk to mona on the map

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ashenai posted:

Anyone have any experience with Viridescent Hunt? The ability looks extremely nutso... for an archer carry (lol). Does this thing make archery viable at all?

Fishl is already considered a DPS carry even before Diona.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I have no idea how to tell what constellation people are just from looking. People were talking about how great Fishcl can be when you build her right be but I've only got her on C2 and I looked at the excel sheet on her and I have basically gently caress all to give her. No good bows, nothing.

Okay I think you need to either throw away the spreadsheet or quit Genshin if you're this upset over a PVE game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hold her Skill, switch to your DPS and benefit from the stamina consumption reduction. Upgrade her Skill, duration goes up per talent level until like 6.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Final Fantasy 14's director, with literal hundreds of hours of story content alone, tells people to take a break. And they're subscription based.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mailer posted:

I sincerely doubt 200 hours of storyline content.

That was referencing to FF14

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why does Mona have so much screen time, more than almost any other 5 star

put her on rate up goddamnit

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's more bow 5 stars in the future

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, 90% of why people who don't use spreadsheets are going roll because

1) She's an iato samurai lady

2) she's voiced by Saori Hayami

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bennett's heal is so absurdly fast that in a multi-hit situation, you're healing way more than Diona's. Or if your party is suffering, you can probably get your entire party healed to 70% from near death in the time it takes Diona's to proc 3 times.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jean's a pretty good healer since her weird 2nd passive is to just make her burst cost 60 energy. As a wind, she can use the Vird set to buff damage for elementals, and her unique usage of wind does Fall Damage and knocks mages out of their re-applying shields.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The game started with you being dimensional travelors, the alternative is that Genshin is just an isekai which is also just as bland

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

*looks at Granblue and Fate Grand order*

Yeah, Genshin is gonna take a while for their story

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why is she reba in English

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Please stop trying to justify why qiqi is a 5 star, rarity is just rarity sometimes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The biggest bullshit this game has done to me is put Ning on Childe's banner instead of Zhong so I can roll for more Ning copies

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I only have C0 sucrose

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

UltraRed posted:

When’s 1.2 arriving? Man, I already had my weapon picked out for the BP.

They posted a roadmap ages ago. 1.2 is December 23rd

https://www.polygon.com/2020/10/15/21516533/genshin-impact-patch-content-roadmap-plans-schedule-details-new-area-dragonspine

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Depends if China celebrates Christmas that much. Mihoyo got some poo poo at the start for skipping a chinese holiday and are actively avoiding any western holidays (like halloween) to avoid "bias."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Where's your Barbara?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The real reason to roll for zhong's banner besides his zhong is getting C2 Xinyan. Her burst gets 100% crit chance which activates her C1's buff automatically.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ugh maxed out razor, the worst result for me. Also jean dupe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Man, can I have some of y'alls luck?

Mine was guaranteed pity, no luck involved