Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Klee should be in jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Geomancing posted:

If you're not interested in squeezing every last fraction of a percentage of damage out of a team composition, or going for that fraction of a second quicker completion time in the Spiral Abyss, do you have to worry about any of this stuff? I'm basically just playing for exploration, story, sidequests, that kind of thing.

I've only paid for Welkin + BP and I'm AR35 / WL3 with super non-optimal artifacts. Xiangling / Beidou / Traveler / Barbara for 90% of it. Minmaxing is a choice, not a requirement, at least for overworld content. You'll be just fine.

E: I'd just caution you not to level up gear or chars you expect to replace longterm

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

gently caress oceanid, jesus christ

I got it to half health and the drat birds popped out, between that and the instakill move I ate three deaths and the only ranged character I have that isn't Amber is the L40 Childe I'm running this WL3 boss specifically to ascend so he does poo poo all for damage and gets stunlocked while trying to aim. This is the worst experience in the game hands down.

The only other thing I can possibly think of is Beidou parries on the birds if they don't get out of radius before I can let go. Who decided this was a good idea?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I got Chongyun as a pity 4* and immediately cranked him to Lv50 to replace my Lv40 Kaeya for cryo stuff. Turns out Kaeya's still better for reactions, but I wanted a greatsword user who isn't Beidou or Noelle and if the gods continue to keep Razor from me as they have then I reckon this is it. Beidou is just so slow at WL3 and I'm tired of not having decent cryo.

I'm entering the Spiral Abyss portion where you need two teams and I'm thinking

Klee / Xiang(c2) / Fischl / Barbara(c2)
and
Childe / Beidou(c1) / Xingqiu(c1) / A!Traveler(c4)

Also have Ningguang(c5), Noelle(c1), Chong, and Sucrose, plus the free units. I'm not jumping to WL4 until I set my two teams and grind up mats to get the DPSes to 70, and I need to kill Oceanid a fuckton to get three characters' worth of ascension mats, so I figure between that and stockpiling exp books I have a few weeks to play around. Any suggestions on the Abyss B team would be most welcome.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Ashye posted:

Also found myself loving around and not doing the ar35 quest and ended up banking enough exp to jump right to 39.9 when I did. Whoops.

As someone doing exactly this how punishing is the jump from WL3 to WL5? I've been putting off WL3 to WL4 for lack of exp books, dunno if that's ultimately counterproductive. I think I have enough banked to barely hit 38 if I did the quest now.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks for the ascension tips y'all!

Jinnigan posted:

whats the beidou/childe synergy build?

also interested in this :getin:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I just pulled Skyward Harp (pity counter 36) and Diona in one pull apiece on wep and char banners. Is...is this what it feels like to be a whale

More importantly, I wanted a Ning c6 so I could get the last two starglitter I need for a perpetually elusive Bennett but I guess catgirl healer is good too

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

loving hell how did people pull Bennett to get him to c1? I'm having to buy his c0 from the shop and yet I had a Ningguang c3 before she was a rateup

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Mailer posted:

It does kind of feel like a character everyone but me has. I guess if I'd started a month earlier I could just buy him, but meh. Given who has appeared so far I'm praying and saving for a Xiao/Bennet banner in January.

I think pulling a 5* can get you starglitter, so you might get supply bonuses at unexpected times. Pulling Skyward Harp this morning got me 10x, so now I just need a single 4* dupe to have enough glitter for Bennett. Makes up for loving up and spending 15-20 glitter on fates in October. Bad, bad move.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

UltraRed posted:

Is rust the rust bow from the weapon banner? I got that and rainslasher off a 10 wish pull.

Not sure what to do with rainslasher. Good again oceanid but oceanid eats claymore users? :confused:

I've heard Rainslasher is good for Beidou burst/parry DPS. I use Prototype Aminus for main, though the Rainslasher in the weapon pile is calling my name the more high-tier mains I roll.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Oceanbound posted:

It’s probably meant to be AR35.

I was AR35 at the fight and phase 2 nearly wiped me - phase 3 I was able to just burst down, but for a hot second there it looked like all the food stacks in the world wouldn't save me. Absolutely not a level 35 fight lol

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I accidentally farmed Oceanid one too many times and kicked myself into WL5 before doing the wolf for this week. I am now running a 70/70/60/40 team and getting trashed by leylines because Klee's DEF is paper thin. I can beat Cecilia Garden's top level, but I get the nerf to damage dealt and burn a ton of food and there doesn't seem to be any statistically significant upgrade to the drops. Guess I'm at the mercy of the 70-80 grind for at least two, maybe three dorks, and officially done pulling on banners until I resin up enough mats to get back to surviving bosses. Sigh.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Bussamove posted:

Klee+Sucrose continues to trivialize most things and I couldn’t be happier.

Speaking as someone with a Lv1 Sucrose and a Lv70 Klee and a rapidly expanding mass of purple books, what's the tech for this firestorm? I really, really, really want to make Anemo work with all these mines and don't have Jean and Venti and haven't used my Sucrose for more than exploration / quick dandelion seeds and crafting thus far

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I'm sold, that's so dope

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

mihoyo is suing two 1.2 leakers for breaking CBT NDA - can't say I'm surprised

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Hazdoc posted:

if you're struggling with meteors (or anything really), get on discord and ask for help! there's dudes like me idling on there that would absolutely love to interrupt our hilichurl bullying to help you do your meteors

my fischl can basically demolish oceanid by herself, so showing up to somebody else's world to do it for them is perfectly within the cards

Is the discord active on weekends? I'm playing on mobile and can't run discord without losing my login, but I'm planning on updating my PC client tomorrow and trying to get over the Fatui hydro+electro fatty obstacle after three hilariously bad attempts. I would absolutely love assistance and would be more than happy to return the favor for other things folks might need done. AR41, Lv70 main team.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Oneiros posted:

as long as you're on the american server it shouldn't be too hard to find someone to hop on with. put your game id in the #friendzone channel so people can go ahead and add you

Done and done, thanks! We'll see what happens tomorrow.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Quoting this because I don't do math well and have no idea how it works in this game and will probably need this info later.

To put it another way, ATK% and DMG% are both important to make go up, but the smaller number (DMG%) is more important to increase than the larger number (ATK%) because of how multiplication works. Like how 4 times 2 is 8, but 3 times 3 is 9. You don't need to understand the math at a granular level if it's a pain, knowing to up DMG% as much as possible is fine

the more technical explanation is that, other things equal, you get the highest product from having ATK% = DMG% because of how effective squaring is as a multiplier, but that won't happen unless your ATK% is really low, so the objective is to raise DMG% to get it as close to (ATK%+DMG%)/2 as possible

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 21, 2020

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Rust is also better for fashion because it matches his outfit. So really Rust is better regardless. :v:

ah, a fellow dark souls player with proper priorities

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Virtue posted:

childe + rust or xiangling + crescent pike for main dps if xiangling has more ascensions and a higher weapon level?

Xiang + Crescent Pike unless you have the other craftable polearm and can shift Xiang to pyro support. I R2'd my Pike and am stuck with Xiang as a phys DPS at AR41 with enemies who need elemental reactions procced in order to take them out.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I leveled my Sucrose C0 from Lv1 to Lv70 to slot in a Klee / Xiangling / Childe team over Barbara and sweet jesus discount Venti pulls her weight. Very much regret not getting a C1 for more skill charges, but in my defense I had her in the mines or doing overworld anemo stuff until two days ago.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Well, the Wolf just dropped a Spear prototype!

Should I refine my Crescent Pike to level 3 or hold onto the prototype in case someone else wants a different spear?

If you ever swap Xiangling off carry DPS you'll want the other craftable spear. Way better for a build centered on dropping her skills and swapping out

E:

Based on what we know about Zhongli, would it be better to level Xingguang C5 or Noelle C1 as a Geo support for Zhongli carry or assume Zhongli will be a Geo support and level Xingguang C5 as a carry?

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 22, 2020

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

e: double post

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

No Wave posted:

He looks like a support. I would still just wait you might hate how he plays.

Good idea, I took to both Klee and Childe's kits but that's no guarantee.

I'm in the weird spot where I'm stockpiling XP books and mora while artifacts and ascension mats are my main damage bottleneck. I scraped up enough DPS to solo the meteors after hitting a wall. Looking forward to the co-op part of the event

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Bussamove posted:

Bring Barbara in, Pyrovine’s the biggest joke in the room among the world bosses.

Do the regisvine weak points do the same thing abyss mage shields do where they count element type instead of ATK for damage purposes? Because that would explain a lot

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

yep. you can auto attack the weak point with a level 1 weapon and still stagger it in a few seconds.

shiiiiit, that explains why pyro takes me so much longer, I run pyro carries. thanks for the heads up!

just did my second Fading Star and Venti / Venti / Childe / Diluc is a dumb, dumb, dumb comp. mechanically, three archers and one fuckoff huge fire greatsword; functionally, two drunken bards one consummate pot-stirrer and the owner of the local tavern and winery

we made it, but I (1700atk Childe with +60% dmg) died three times and I hope to rex lapis I don't get a triple-archer comp next time. took six and a half minutes for Diluc to make his way between swirls while I waited on melee cooldown so I could burst the next shielded mob

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

padijun posted:

is there a guide somewhere explaining who should get which BP weapons?

I've had more success finding character guides than weapon guides fwiw, "CHARNAME mihoyo guide" works decent when it pulls up the indepth guides some of the official forums users make. At least one person does ranked weapon recommendations with quantitative data for their guides

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

If I'm looking to kit out support Fischl and I've got a Favonius Warbow, is it worth getting a Viridescent Hunt for her instead? Energy recharge seems preferable to crit rate if she's just dropping Oz

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I made the mistake of running the talent domain to boost Bennett before realizing when I hit the ascension 4 wall that I now have three pyro characters competing for crystals factoring in Klee and Xiangling. At least running pyrovine every day is gonna be a welcome change from putting off oceanid and never getting XQ or Barb past 40

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I need to farm oceanid some more so I can get Childe to level 80 but I've been putting it off because everything wants my resin right now and oceanid is a pain. The power boost and checking off a thing on my adventure log would be nice though.

Childe level 70 with a level 80 Harp, I feel your pain. Problematic fave boy needs his ascension boost

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

NINGGUANG, 4 TIMES IN A ROW

teach me how

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I lucked into a WL1 co-op event and banged out five runs in under twelve minutes. Fastest clear was 1:38. Beats the poo poo out of slogging through WL4-5, worth blowing fragile resin to save the time and effort. Highly recommend

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Just hit BP 30 and I still haven't decided whether I want Solar Pearl or to refine my Serpent Spine. I was almost set on getting Solar Pearl to use on either Klee or Ningguang, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus that it's their best 4*. There's also the fact that its bonus doesn't affect charged attacks when that's a big part of both of their game plan. I already have both Eye of Perception and Widsith, so I don't know if it's worth it to level up a new weapon.

Anyone have experience using all three and whether Solar Pearl was a significant improvement?

Help, the red exclamation point is killing me.

hi, got Solar Pearl for a fresh Klee last BP and at 70/70 char/weapon I don't feel handicapped in any way at WL4 by my weapon choice. Some weapon testers showed better DPS with other things but I did not have those other things [except the Lv70 Mappa Mare which went on Sucrose instead] and the BP catalyst is good enough to put on someone else down the line. Took Viridescent Hunt this BP. IMO refining BP weapons isn't worth not taking an alternate BP weapon unless you got dumb lucky on 4* weapon rolls or are whaling.

E: the Widsith buff being random seemed to reflect negatively in the testing posts I found, EoP fared better but not significantly enough to make SP a bad choice

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 26, 2020

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I've got Bennett c0 and Barb c2 for healers and Fischl c0 and Childe c0 for archers. Do I need to level Diona c2 for anything? I got her to 20 just because and left her there until I absolutely positively need a cryo archer for, idk, future abyss content? I haven't started abyss proper yet (only cleared 4-3), am running Klee / Childe / Fischl / Bennett in overworld, and have Chong and Kaeya for cryo support as needed.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I only just dipped my toes into HI3 manga following this reading order and a few sources and all spooky woo aside [which works for me but YMMV] the character work makes me optimistic for Genshin's writing long term.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Corla Plankun posted:

I looked at reddit for this game today and I'd just like to thank you all for not being anything like the genshin subreddit.

yeah, reddit subs for games tend to be...not great. I much prefer goon threads

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

Jesus how much money are you guys even putting into this?
Like I don't think there's enough primos in the game to get 2 pities.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If you pay the 5 bucks a month, dont skip on a single days daily and rerolled at the start of the game you should have between 2-3 5* characters.

I dolphined but not on characters, I spent it on the sac weapon banner.

Anecdotal dolphin data point:

Game launch freebie rolls, Welkin since 10/10, Gnostic Hymn x2, Gnostic Chorus, $15 primo pack with first time bonus - $56 spent total

Character Banner: Klee (pity counter 70+), Childe (pity counter 20~30), current pity counter 54
Weapon Banner: Skyward Harp (pity counter 30), current pity counter 0
Permanent Banner: current pity counter 51
Novice Banner: zero 5*s

Three 5*s and two banners 5/8ths of the way to pity seems about right

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

What's the way-too-early outlook on Xinyan? I'm aesthetically extremely interested but I'm already leveling Klee / XL / Bennett and I don't wanna run pyrovine for the rest of my life

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Tsyni posted:

Don't worry, there is a silent majority that is getting rainslasher every other ten pull. We're here.

there are dozens of us! dozens!

pulled Stringless, don't have Venti, already have Skyward Harp Lv80 on Childe, have Viridescent Hunt on Fischl but I think it's only L50. Is Stringless worth putting on Fischl to buff Oz if I'm using her as a burst support?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Look at this poo poo, why didnt it get a better innate stat?

the best offense is a good defense