Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

UltraRed posted:

That is an A+ tier opener OP. Well done.

edit: Maybe say what a gatcha game is? This game is the first I've ever heard of it.

It's a japanese word for basically games with realmoney lootbox/gambling systems to unlock new characters.
It's named after "gachapon" vending machines where you stick a quarter in and get a capsule with a random toy:

Don't spend real money on genshin impact unless you really know what you're getting into though. The prices are pretty terrible and depending on RNG you could spend nearly $300 on rolls before getting the current featured 5* character.
e: Or you could get it in your first 10 f2p rolls, congrats :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

UltraRed posted:

Thinking of running who is the best carry out of Beidou/Childe/Xianling ? Thinking of swapping out my MC carry so I don't lose out on 1/4 of that character experience. I like having a claymore user in the party and am thinking of swapping out Noelle

The experience from actually fighting stuff is basically 0, it seems like an afterthought. And it doesn't seem to scale up at all at higher world levels, so it's even more pointless beyond level 20-40.
For the most part you're gonna want to use your exp books on whoever your main carry is ASAP.

Childe is a fun character who does tons of dps during his melee form but has to wait for a long cooldown after swapping out of it, so if you wanna use him you'll end up having to use twice the resources leveling up a second carry for your party to use during the 50% of the the time Childe is stuck in bow form. (This is cheap early on, but leveling stuff up gets much more expensive later and it's pretty tough to keep more than 1-3 characters at the level cap).

Xiangling works great as a carry because of a special interaction with the Crescent Pike craftable weapon from the forge. It basically doubles her normal attack DPS. So if you want to use her, make sure to pick that up.
Beidou has a claymore which is always fun but doesn't really have anything else boosting her carry potential until you get her level 60 passive. She shines best when you swap to her, get some big burst damage with her counter skill, then swap off to someone else while it's on cooldown.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Elemental sight would be way better if it was just a toggle instead of having to press the button again every 2 steps

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

There's a faint blue stink line that flows pointing you in the general direction the scavenger hunt is targeted at.

The trick is that there isn't an actual line you're following in the world or anything, so don't waste time trying to figure out where it is.
whenever you press the sight button it's just a line that starts from about where you are and points directly towards the objective

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Radical posted:

someone said the earth guy was a catalyst user but im not sure where that info is from

The last thread linked a reddit post with some leaked images, including Albedo and Ganyu's splash art:

It sure makes him look like a magic user, but no guarantees -- after all, Diona's splash art doesn't show any weapon and she's a bow character.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
My fun bounty story is a ruin hunter with "increased ruthlessness" or something (which I guess means a damage bonus), which oneshot my 8k hp Fishl twice in a row while it was flying up in the air. Then with Fischl dead I couldn't shoot its weakpoint to bring it down into melee range so I was screwed. Had to die and come back to reset the fight.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

I didn't know this was a feature!
The npc I need to talk to for this quest is currently hanging out in some ancient ruins for another sidequest, and the game gave me a warning about it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Framboise posted:

So.... it ain't worth grinding for Noblesse artifacts until I hit AR45, is it. 5 runs and only one Noblesse piece.

If you already have a usable artifact set then don't bother until AR45. If you have really bad items that you could do well to replace with 4* gear then it's not a terrible idea, especially if you also need fodder to use for leveling other artifacts.

I don't really get the "don't farm until AR45" messages.... yeah you get better rewards at higher levels, but you get better EVERYTHING at higher levels, and it's not like you can save your resin for the next rank-up anyway.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mr Snips posted:

You get so many 3* weapons eventually that you can refine one of each to rank 5 and still have tons left over to throw into weapons you actually plan to use

Except, weirdly, the Dark Iron Sword, which is a 3* weapon that isn't in any of the gacha droplists or in any open-world chests.
As far as I can tell the only copy of it you can ever get is a conversation option with Chen the Sharp in Liyue.

Thursday Next posted:

uh there's a brand new event game mode up right now out of nowhere, click Events and go unload some crates at the docks with best husbando Zhongli for... credits???

Once your credits hit certain breakpoints you'll get primogems in the mail.
It's 200 primogems and 50k mora total if you max out the event.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bloody Emissary posted:

My experience with using them: teleport to the specified area, immediately see an obvious landmark that looks like a prime Geoculus location, ignore it at first because I probably already checked it, find nothing, go to the obvious landmark, find the Geoculus right there in plain sight.

This happened for three out of the four Geoculi I had left to find when the update dropped. :doh:

My absolute final geoculus, #131 out of 131, was just floating above a roof in direct line of sight of a teleporter.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Pain of Mind posted:

I realize everyone else probably figured this out week 1, but I just noticed you can easily and quickly complete battle pass or adventure handbook domain events without using resin by just doing the lowest level one you need and then just leaving without collecting the flower. I was stuck on the adventure handbook chapter 6 for what feels like a month because I was not doing artifact domains until I reached AR45. I did 3 low level runs in 5 minutes to complete the chapter, then had chapter 7 completely done and was 75% through chapter 8. Same with bosses that were done before the new BP cycle. I had already done the dragon, so I just set a low level one and killed it in a minute.

Not doing artifact domains at all until 45 is kinda crazy. Do you get enough stuff from chests to upgrade your carry's artifacts to +16/+20? Leveling up artifacts is a big source of power, and you can get ~90% of the xp back later once you're AR45 and get your perfect optimal 5* artifact set or whatever (just feed the previously-leveled +16 gear to the new artifacts).

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

Despite being at WL3 I still have no idea what I'm doing. How should I be leveling people up? Is it just doing those leylines for the cheap books and just using hundreds of them and the other one leyline for money? I don't know if there's a source of the purple ones. And I think this recent update just made the mystic ore actually show up in the wild too.

And just idle things I noticed: 1) Jesus Christ that Oceanid is a nightmare, I just tried fighting it for the first time ever and I could only barely beat like, a bird of some kind before being killed (Granted it was level 50 and red so I was very underleveled for it) but I never managed to escape a single one of its AOE attacks in the process.

2) I tried Beidou out on the test run thing and wow, that lady's combo just goes all over huh?

Early on you will get a bajillion xp books, low level artifacts, and weapon enhancement crystals just from exploring and opening up chests. Eventually as you get to the point where you've already found 70-80-90% of the chests on the map, that will start to dry up and you'll have to rely on ley lines as your primary source of xp, but you can probably get to AR 25 or 30 without running a single xp ley line and still have more than enough xp mats. (You'll run out of money and need the gold ley lines way earlier though).

Ashenai posted:

I'm trying to do a "have at least one of every possible item in my inventory" thing, and the Traveler seems custom-made to gently caress me over. Because there is only one Brilliant Diamond Sliver in the entire game, and I'm keeping it, which means Traveler is stuck at Level 20. I'm not really using him so it's not a big deal, it's just funny how that works.

I might end up giving up on my dream, because the game really isn't designed around it and there's a lot of mutually exclusive items. Like, you have to use up a recipe item to learn it, but it you don't learn it, you usually can't get all of the 3-4 corresponding food items.

If it helps, the latest patch added an "archive" in the menu that catalogs all the items you've ever found:

So you can try to aim for 100% completion in that instead, where the brilliant diamond sliver will still show up in the collected-items list even after you spend it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
^^^ Also you'll have 15-20 of each buff food anyway if you're trying to master all the recipes for the achievement.

No Wave posted:

The advice to always have your characters ready to level never made sense to me. World bosses are extremely predictable, the only ones you could have real trouble with after fighting them a dozen times are Geo and Oceanid and that would be the first thing you're going to do after you raise your WL so it doesn't really make a difference if you do it before or after.

The geo boss is actually super easy to avoid all the attacks on, except the one tricky one where you have to jump (?) to avoid an AOE.
The main problem with it is that it's so slow because damage to the pillars ignores your actual damage, so even a super-buff carry will take a while to break down the pillars and at least two cycles of breaking pillars in the final finish-it-off stage to kill the boss. (Apparently noelle's ult gives her enough range to hit multiple pillars at once and once-cycle the final stage though?)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

dogsicle posted:

it's really just the geo shockwave that's an issue. even when knowing what you're doing you need to quickly get over to a random pillar and pop the shield generator for safety. that move also being one of the faster and more damaging moves does make it dangerous, i still tend to eat a hit from it before getting the shield up.

The shield generator isn't on a random pillar, it's on the one the hypostasis itself is on. You can whack the pillar from inside the shield so that multi-shockwave attack is actually a huge dps window.

Glazius posted:

If the geo boss is making one pillar shake you can just run out of range.

If the geo boss spirals up into the sky and makes all the pillars shake, it spawned a little geo crystal that you can two-shot with a claymore to create a protective zone. Cracking a pillar the geo boss is on top of will make it drop to the ground and be vulnerable for a while.

Noelle's ult I think comes in just under the wire as a one-cycle, as long as you hit one of the pillars with the initial sweep. You don't have to multihit them - a full combo is enough as long as you can dash-cancel out of the recovery from your overhead chop.

(For general-purpose mans fightin', it's even odds when I'll dash-cancel out of Noelle in ult form. Sometimes it's just three hits, sometimes I'll hit enough with the fourth that I don't bother until after.)

I actually didn't know you could avoid the single-shockwave attack by running out of range! I always just stay in close and try to jump over it, which works maybe ~half the time.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The White Dragon posted:

last time i tried, the shockwave attack is NOT a dps window and it's immune to damage during that time. the laser spin has the kind of vulnerability window you're describing however--that's why it ends with a short ranged inward-facing attack

Are we still talking about the geo hypostasis?
The shockwave attack is like 10 seconds of free time to invulnerably hit the pillar while you stand inside the shield. That's pretty much a free pillar break, which knocks the hypostasis down to the ground and gives you an actual dps window.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I just noticed today that the 1- and 2-star weapons aren't able to ascend past level 70. What a weirdly specific restriction, especially since you've usually dropped them for a 3-star by level 20 or earlier.

UltraRed posted:

What are people using to revive fallen characters? The best I've found is Noelle's Pancake specialty. 15% max Hp then + 550. Is there a better option?

The new Golden Shrimp Balls are better than normal pancakes, and ingredients (5 shrimp, 4 potato, 3 rice) are all ones you can buy 100-at-a-time from the shops in town so there's no need to farm mats to craft them.
Not as good as the special Noelle pancakes but probably much cheaper to make if you take into account having to craft like 10 normal pancakes for every special-dish proc.

Overall though your revive item doesn't really matter because the party member will be so low afterwards that they need a heal anyways to bring them out of one-shot range. You could just stick to 50hp fried eggs or whatever all game long as long as you pause and shove healing food down the character's gullet each time.

kater posted:

Hey thanks yall and everyone for the tips but I have a real dumb thing to ask like... how do people use Barbara? I pulled Jean on the beginner banner so I've always used Jean for healing. And its very simple early game because she's a fine attacker and attacking heals and makes energy and you get the big heal and big damage and thats all simple things that you want to be doing.

Do people keep Barbara out and attacking in order to heal, or are you supposed to trust in the regen? I always just feel scared swapping to an already damaged person and hoping you don't take more damage than you are getting back. You surely aren't supposed to pre-emptively use the shield right?

And actually now that I'm asking that and looking at her numbers I haven't leveled her talents and maybe that's why I'm not understanding how she works. And also maybe the unleveled artifacts. Is it ever worth using something stronger than Thrilling Tales on her? The burst is just a heal so I'm guessing no.

Barb gets more healing overall if you keep her out and attack stuff while her buff is active, but the whole time you're doing that you're doing 0 dps and not killing anything so it's pretty much a last resort. You'd only really want to spam attacks as barbara if you're nowhere near charging her burst AND you have somebody who's dangerously low hp that can't just rely on the healing loop regen.
Throw the healing loop on pre-emptively to help heal through chip damage. You wanna switch to Barbara anyways for the dragonslayer book's attack buff, so you might as well push E for free while you do it. It's also great for applying wet to enemies, but be careful because it also makes YOU wet while it heals you so it's a bad idea against ice or certain fire enemies.
Stick +hp gear on Barb and level up her flower first, because her heals scale with her max hp.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Looks like this is the second best option. Sucrose's special dish is 20%+1500, but the recipe (cram, ham, & veggie bake) is locked behind a commission and additional rng (it doesn't always drop). Crabs are annoying to farm though.

Also it takes crab roe to craft. Collecting crabs is a royal pain in the rear end so you'll mostly just get that by buying 10 from the shop every 3 days, which is enough to maybe get one single special dish proc.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tsyni posted:

I think this is a really good point, but I just want to say that Klee could be the best DPS in game of you are a master of frame cancelling, but if you're not then she's still just behind Diluc a bit, and still pretty much a fire demon of death.

Even if her theoretical dps is ahead of Diluc she has the big problem of doing 100% fire damage which means she's worthless against pyro slimes and just tickles whopperflowers. Diluc can always just normal attack to do decent physical damage against fire-immune stuff.

Vargs posted:

Everyone is good and worth investing in if you like them except Amber/Lisa/Kaeya/MC imo.

MC is not too bad! The big problem is that talent levels aren't shared between different elemental forms. So if you grind lots of mats to upgrade one specific flavor of MC and then the electro area releases and you end up running around with electro MC for the next month, you'll "lose" your upgraded character. Lisa also has the highest-scaling elemental skill in the game, although it has a bit of a set-up time. Probably super nice for open world stuff and leylines when you can just dump a ton of up-front damage to instakill enemies or bring them super low, although huge burst damage becomes less valuable in abyss when everything is ultra tanky. I used Beidou for a while who does similar but slightly lower damage, conditional on getting a successful counter, and she felt really nice.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I don't think there are any enemies who really need claymores, other than the Geo Hypostasis which you can clear with a level 1 Noelle. (Then again I could be overlooking something since my main dps actually is a claymore user...)

The big shielded hilichurls you can just dodge behind and hit in the butt, same as if you're fighting the wood-shield ones without a fire character.
For those hilichurl mages who summon geo pillars, you can just headshot them with a bow to knock them off instead of trying to break the pillar.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
My Fischl is level 70 with instructor set and gets overload procs for 2k-2.5kish damage while I'm smacking stuff with Diluc. My crits on E hit maybe up to 5k total so overload still does competitive damage to Vaporize for that, and it's way higher when you take into account the overload procs on all my converted-to-fire normal attacks after ulting.
It does have the big downside of knocking enemies away though, so I can't smack 3 trash enemies at once or fight baddies inside the Benett ult circle.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

berenzen posted:

Vaporize and Melt scale way harder with crit/crit damage because of the fact that they're multiplier reactions, and crit/crit damage is basically how you build for the endgame. Xingqiu's burst attacks faster than Klee and Diluc' attacks do, so it's makes their damage do multiplicative damage. If there was a Xingqiu-style ult but was cryo instead of hydro, it would supplant Xingqiu in the tierlist because the multiplier suddenly becomes 2x instead of 1.5x. Electro doesn't have any multiplicative reactions, so overload and electrocharge fall off a little bit. XQ's ult also just does a shitload of damage by itself as well.

As a general idea, at level 90 with 1000 EM and a reaction set (thundering fury/crimson witch/etc) is going to do deal ~8k damage before pyro res RES is accounted for. At the same level with a well built Klee or Diluc, you can do significantly more than that with 1.5x vaporizes. Additionally Klee and Diluc have pretty fast reaction cooldowns on their abilities (Diluc gets 3 free vaporizes because each of his E uses count as seperate abilities) than the current best electro support (fischl). And that's currently, as we get towards higher and higher levels of talent levels and abilities, vaporize and melt will just end up scaling a lot better.

If your klee/diluc is hitting second then it's your klee/diluc's EM that gets counted for the vaporize/overload damage, not the support's. Instructor set's +120 for the whole team still works though.
Also Fischl can definitely output electro fast enough to keep up with Diluc's 3 E charges, especially with the level 60 passive that gives her ANOTHER free electro hit every time you proc an electro-related reaction. Though I always do E->normal attack->E->attack->E->attack, so if you just mash out EEE maybe the timing is different.

(That only-one-character's-stats-matter-for-reaction-damage thing is one of the things I hope they'll patch some day... I wish it took into account both characters' levels/stats when you create a reaction and not just the triggering character.)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Oz isn't the one proccing the reactions though. Oz just has to apply electro and then Diluc procs the reaction. I definitely get overload numbers popping out for every E press so I dunno what to tell you.
Each time you hit you get the overload explosion and then Fischl's level 60 passive hits it for another chunk of electro damage.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Nov 16, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Squiddycat posted:

Is there a point to pick up any more of the shards once you've got 20?

7 in each area is the breakpoint to get primogems. After that, the only thing extra shards get you is more currency for the event shop, where you can trade them in for xp books or mora. Collecting all 20 meteorites from an area gives you enough mats to trade in for 5 Hero's Wit books which is about the same as you'd get from one 20-resin ley line at ar40-45.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ashenai posted:

Kind of a big difference there! I'm willing to hunt down stuff for 10k mora. That's a noticeable amount.

It's actually 10k mora per 4 shards.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
From the above linked reddit thread you get 25-45 shards per 20 resin run, depending on WL, so don't stress out too much about scouring the whole world for the last 18 meteorite spawns right now.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Pierson posted:

All these youtube videos I watch say that Childe is on the field for a good time, not a long time: He wants to swap in, get on his Riptide and melee attacks, then finish off with his melee ult before swapping out, preferably as fast as possible to minimise his skill cooldown. Does that mean he wants a nice big crit chance so his passive applies Riptide as fast as possible, or should I be stacking pure attack and hydro damage and using the charged bow to put riptides on before going nuts with melee?

You can only get crit chance from artifact hats, weapon substats, or lucky artifact substat rolls, so you can't exactly min-max it super hard.
Probably make sure you have either a crit weapon or a crit hat, then stack attack after that. Childe attacks pretty fast so the 25-35% crit chance from one item should be enough to keep your mark applied.

Charged bow on its own is gonna be bad for applying marks because it only puts them on one target at a time, so it's not much use against groups.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I don't think there are even 8 5-star characters in the game yet, even if you count the MC. And that's ignoring the fact that it would take you years to save up enough f2p currency or thousands of dollars to get all the five-stars right now.

And once you did... like half of them are only really useful as your main DPS and don't bring anything to the table as a support, so it would be pointless to have multiple in the same party. Diluc+Fischl is a way better team comp than Diluc+Keqing.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

Someone help, how do I break these targets for Ellin? She's reinforced these things out of like, Hillichurl shields, they're way too strong.

The daily break-all-the-targets quest is conveniently set up right next to a big tower you can jump off of. Use the warp point at the top and do a plunging attack. It hits in a big enough AOE to damage all the targets (depending on which random layout you get), and if it doesn't do enough damage to oneshot them you can just do it again since it'll damage them all equally.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TheFluff posted:

Mona is arguably the worst 5-star (the other contender being Jean, but Jean is a lot more flexible). Her autoattacks are so bad as to be near unusable (second worst in the game after Sucrose IIRC), her skill does poo poo all damage and her burst is way less good than it seems. The water sprint thing looks neat and it's useful in exploration but in combat it's a huge liability and significantly worse than a regular dash for a number of reasons.

Mona only does one thing well and that is make one single really big number pop up for sick YouTube montages, but the setup for it is rather impractical - you need to vaporize it, but doing so is fiddly to say the least. If you use her ult without vaporizing it, it's incredibly underwhelming.

Xingqiu is basically just as good or better as far as hydro supports go.

Jean is really good for the simple fact of a.) being a healer while also b.) being Anemo.
Viridescent Venerer set effect is a huge damage increase for non-physical comps, and using Jean in your healer slot lets you get that big damage buff while still freeing you up to use whatever three characters you want for max damage. That's probably gonna be better for your damage than using half your party slots on barbara/bennett/diona plus MC/sucrose.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I thought Childe was the worst 5* character.

Childe seems really strong but I still think he's the "worst" 5* just because of team-building requirements. Using him in your party means you have to grind twice as long on artifacts/weapons/talents/etc for both Childe and your "Childe is waiting on his cooldown" secondary dps.
In a theoretical megawhale scenario where you already have maxed out everything from spending thousands on resin refills, then yeah he's a great addition to a party.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Childe/Beidou is like the worst combination

Beidou has a really short cooldown on her skill so you wanna switch to her often to get off the huge counter damage.
But every time you switch off Childe he forgets where he left his swords and has to spend the next 15-35 seconds being useless before he finds them again

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ashenai posted:

I've read that Keqing is best with +ATK until very high end grinding, when she shines with +crit rate. But you have to get amazing gear to make the switch and not end up worse.

You've gotta be fairly lucky to get both a 5-star +atk and a 5-star +crit circlet artifact in the set you want.
Usually you'll just stop grinding after you get one of them.

No Wave posted:

I don't think that makes any sense. You want to put the first crit rate helm you can find onto her, more so than any other character.

Not necessarily! There's a damage calculator here that you can poke around with.
Keqing gets a ton of free crit damage from her ascension so it lowers the threshold at which crit rate circlets/weapons become better than +atk ones but crit is still not gonna be better until you have fairly high stats.

Earlier I plugged my Ningguang's stats in there, and even with the 5* crit-chance catalyst, switching from her current 3-star +atk circlet to a 5-star crit-damage circlet was actually a 3% decrease in dps :negative:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
125% crit damage means a level 80 Keqing with 50% base + 28.8% from ascension + 46.4% from a 4* artifact circlet.
If you happen to have a 4* crit-chance circlet to swap it for, you can lose that 46.4% crit damage and gain 23.2% crit chance, getting a result of

12% crit chance and 125.2% crit dmg (crits average to 15.0% extra damage)
vs
35.2% crit chance and 78.8% crit dmg (crits average to 27.7% extra damage)

So Sanya Juutilainen is right, that poster really would be better off sacrificing crit damage for crit chance. But really we're all at the mercy of RNG, so good luck getting the right 4-5* artifact with the right set effect and the right mainstat roll for your "optimal" loadout.

On the other hand, if you swapped it for a 4* ATK circlet, you'd lose the crit chance and gain 34.8% attack instead, which brings you to 12% crit chance, 78.8% crit damage (crits average to 9.5% extra damage), plus +34.8% to your attack multiplier.
The math works out so the ATK artifact is better total dps if you have less than +109% attack from all other sources, otherwise the crit chance artifact is best.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 24, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ashenai posted:

You're not giving up 7 debate clubs (you're going to get those anyway the next time you pull, you don't get to skip them!) You're delaying your entire pull progression by 7 pulls. Your next 5* will be 7 pulls later than it would have been, and so is the 5* after that, and so on.

I'd rather have a specific, guaranteed 4* that I know I want (and with no RNG) than 1/10th of a random 5* who I may or may not use.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

UltraRed posted:

If using Sucrose as a support, what catalyst should I give her? Something with energy recharge? Man, there are so few weapons in this game but I can never keep them straight.

If you had the pick of anything, especially if she's C1, the gacha-only Sacrificial Fragments is a great option.
The cooldown-reset proc means you can use your skill more often to generate more energy orbs and refill your ult faster. If you have C1 it will reset both charges so you can potentially cast her skill 4x in a row to generate tons of energy.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ashenai posted:

Anyone know if refining a weapon preserves its value in XP? So if I smush together five 3*s, then later feed the refined weapon to something else, do I get weapon XP equivalent to one 3* or five, or somewhere in between?

Whatever it is, it's basically not worth worrying about.
Each 3* weapon is worth only 1800 xp, meanwhile a single mythic enhancement ore is worth 10,000.
even if you put 0 effort into farming them you can still get over 50k xp/day worth of ore just from sending 3 characters on mining expeditions.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

moush posted:

I will just ask them to stop fading out pantsu while people climb.

:chloe:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

I thought Ning teams just gave up on reactions anyways.

Ning+Fischl is pretty good because the geo+electro crystallize reaction will trigger fischl's A4 passive on every one of Ningguang's attacks.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'd always think double geo would be super strong with damage that dont give any fucks about reactions but its just not viable currently in a lot of content that puts you against 3 different types of fatui unless they add an universal fatui shield stripper character or add some sort of reaction that neutralizes shields regardless of element. Like geo + dendro or something stupid.

The sad thing is that claymores and geo characters are at least capable of slowly chipping away at abyss mage shields, but for some reason with the fatui buffs they removed that possibility. It's just impossible to strip them if you don't have the correct element in your party.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 1, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I bought the 5 standard wishes from the monthly stardust shop and somehow got an off-pity 5* from the standard banner :toot:

Too bad I don't have a Zhongli to wield it. Hope I can scrape together the 20-30ish rolls to hit pity before the banner ends :ohdear:

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 2, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kata-Haro posted:

First 10-pull of the banner

Yeah ok, I'm done with this. It's all downhill from here.

E: Also how do you take screenshots in this game on PC? I'm missing something obvious I know it.

Use the windows snipping tool
on Windows 10 you just hit windows+shift+S, in 7 you might have to search 'snipping tool' in the start menu.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jinnigan posted:

What's my best single target comp here? Right now I have Childe and Ning leveled and equipped as DPSs but I wonder if there's a build I can make that'll go even harder?

Childe has great single target but you want a second competent dps for when he's waiting on his big cooldowns, so Childe+Ning on the same team is pretty good. Especially since Ning is over C2 so you can do big burst damage with the screen->burst->screen every time you swap off childe again. Her burst charges fast enough that you can probably do that every time.

For maximum turbo dps you want viridescent venerer procs to reduce enemy hydro res since Childe is pure elemental. I'd either go for Childe+Ning+Venti+Bennett or Childe+Ning+Jean+Fischl, not sure which would be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Stormgale posted:

Jean is really good specifically becauss she can feed venti more energy to ult exactly on cooldown

Zhongli is a powerful 5* the problem is his power is in his defence, which most content you don't necessarily need

Even without venti, Jean can use the super-busted Venerer set while also fitting in your team's healer slot, which lets you be a lot more flexible with team compositions. It means you can have a good healer and the venerer damage without having to sacrifice anything from your other 3 party slots.

e:
Does anyone have any tips on farming the max-level Domain of Guyun?
It gives you two [s]fatui[s] ice mages to fight but then it has a stage modifier that blasts you for 50% of your hp if you trigger melt, so you can't use the element that actually counters cryo shields.
The 'intended' solution is to slowly chip away at their shields with electro, and the domain even gives a bonus to superconduct procs or something, but it's so slow that way.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 2, 2020