Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I'm a relatively new player, (AR25) and have a few questions. All of my chars are 4* so far.
What's the main difference between 4* and 5*? Are 5* just much more powerful with cool abilities?
Who should I concentrate on leveling up and ascending? So far I've got traveler, Lisa, and the free Cryo guy at level 40, with traveller just ascended. I've got Noelle, Nning(with 1 constellation) and Xianling at around 30-35. I've also got Barbara, Bennett and Fisch but haven't leveled them much.

I quite enjoy Xianling+Lisa exploding things, and Nning is pretty good too.

Is there anything else that I should concentrate on at this rank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

TV Zombie posted:

I totally missed the part where if you hit certain balloons, you get -50.

It might not be as bad on pc but on mobile aiming with an archer is tedious

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

dogsicle posted:

harp can be done anywhere afaik, the other two are near enough to existing teleportation points. wonderland has a dedicated teleport to itself as tradeoff for being annoying to grind.

You can even do harp where another character model blocks half your screen.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Is anyone else getting the wanmin web event just completely not loading? It just sits on 0% and doesn't load.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
These ducks. I finally managed to get them by freezing my way up to them, freezing them, and then catching them

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Glazius posted:

You don't have to be exact with the ducks. If you miss, they flail around for a little bit before swimming away, and the capture bubble hangs around for a while.

It's more that they're hanging out in the middle of the pond, out of reach (unless you freeze a path to them)

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Looks like a new Archon quest is coming soon, I wonder how much more content that will have

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I just pulled Jean, being my second 5* (the other is Venti. Should I put resources into leveling her as a priority?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Does anyone else find the event Oceanid battle to be near impossible solo? I damage the boss as normal but at one point they summon 4x elementals that don't seem to take damage, and the boss vanishes off somewhere.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Clarste posted:

The four elementals take damage. The fight proceeds after you kill them.

That's the thing, they don't seem to be showing any reduction in their health bars. Maybe I'm not doing enough damage, but I even reduced my world level and it doesn't seem to help. Oh well, I'll try it co op and see if that makes a difference

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I just did it coop, apparently I was just doing really low damage. In co-op, someone was hitting for insane amounts of damage with ice arrows so it was over very quickly. I think the host also had a lower level too.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I've been doing the domains co-op, and a fair number of people I get matched with are joining in with level 60 characters or otherwise unsuitable characters and getting toasted, or the host starts the domain while I'm still loading and locks me out. Unless someone joins with a 5* level 90 character.

Funnily enough one time that happened in the VV domain and I was playing Venti and found that both of his skills can target through the gate, so I was still able to contribute, just not with normal attacks.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I pulled Rosaria on the banner and Chongyun on the free banner in succession, which of those should I level up?

My current somewhat decent characters include Nnning(80), Venti(80), Fischl, Bennett and Xianling(70). At low level i've also got Jean at lvl⁴30, Razor, and the fire guitar lady and a few others

Lobsterpillar fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 20, 2021

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
What about those fatui enemies with the elemental Shields that just eat up attacks unless you use the relevant element? The electro guys have me a real hard time until I realised (or looked up) that because I never use cryo.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
So when is Dendro meant to be a playable element?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I pulled Zhongli, but all I've got for spears are crescent pike, black tassel and a halberd. Are these any good? Looks like most of his abilities scale of max hp.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I haven't done the second part yet because I haven't cleared the second quest domain. Gave it a shot but the second half has those frustrating Fatui skirmishers and their Shields. Do they scale down if I decrease world level?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Does excess damage carry over? If they blocked a huge attack and then just broke that'd have some utility. If it's just a temporary hp boost then not so much

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I've come to the realisation that I've been neglecting my characters artifacts. Some of them have only level 0 to 4 artifacts...
Who should I focus on getting better artifacts for: Bennett, Fischl, or Ning? Ning is kind of my go to at the moment and has a crit rate up helm, but not much else relevant and it's not a relevant artifact set. I haven't had done the geo domain much. She does about 2k per charged attack and 5-6k per crit.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Space Opera posted:

Man, you guys weren't kidding when you said Zhongli trivializes everything. I got him to 80, got his shield to level 8, a level 80 black tassle and only two artifacts equipped (millelith flower and feather). With just that I was able to completely ignore all damage in the last event domain despite taking every hit from the Lawachurl directly to the face.

I also just pulled my first 5 star weapon from the standard banner, and ofc its skyward blade. I have every sword user BUT Jean. Should I swap festering desire on Bennet for it?

I've got him to like... 62 with a level 50 black tassel and he's already way up there. His damage isn't great but his Shields are amazing and he enables a ton of damage on other characters. Plus he's great at mass mining ore with his hold skill.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

No Wave posted:

I don't think that quest should be an issue for anyone anymore with world level lowering.

Minimum world level is 5, isn't it? So someone at lower world levels doesn't have that option

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Zwiebel posted:

I'm keeping my expectations low and am trying to prepare myself for only getting off-banner characters that I have at C6 already and maybe a Diluc constellation wasting my soft pity. That would be the least interesting outcome.

Speaking of wasted wishes, do they add the new four stars on the next banner?
I've seen that Rosaria is part of the standard pool now, but I was wondering whether that's gonna be a thing for Yanfei going forward. Wasted 70 wishes trying to get her, since I kept getting Dionas and weapons.

I've a feeling Rosaria was in the standard pool quite early on: I got her C2 from there when her banner was up.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Did anybody do the recent web event? I forgot about it and never generated enough energy to even get the first level of reward. What did I miss out on?

Anyway that web event smelled an awful lot like a pyramid scheme.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

RealFoxy posted:

I've just been using Zhongli for his shield for the most part of the last 2 days, but he just crit on his Burst and one-shotted a Stonehide Lawachurl with a full shield up :stare:

Guess it's time to use him as the leader of my second Abyss team, since I've only gotten to 6-1 (For the Handbook goal)

I was in a pretty similar situation to you there, suddenly getting a 50k crit achievement, and he was instrumental in getting me from abyss 7 to abyss 9+

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

booksnake posted:

Since people brought up Bennett, I would just like to remind everyone that a lot of 4*s are still not guaranteed to be in everyone's roster and therefore gently caress off if you want the game to balance around them

- me, who has been playing for months and still had to buy his first Bennett from this month's shop and who still doesn't have Sucrose

I got lucky and got Bennett early on, and bought his C1 from the shop, but my hydro characters are just... Barbara, who I haven't bothered leveling. I'd kind of like to use hydro at some point.

I'm Ar49 right now and busy collecting artifacts, planning to do boss fights once I hit 50 to level more characters up. So far I've only got 5 at level 80- Ning, Bennet, Fischl, Zhongli and Venti.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Boris Galerkin posted:

It’s both a lost and a tracker for when you need to hunt down a specific enemy

Boris Galerkin posted:

It’s both a lost and a tracker for when you need to hunt down a specific enemy

It's very handy when you need specific items like Fatui badges

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I'm really struggling with the cryo citin mages on abyss 10-3. I think my team's are a little lopsided as one team clears one side easily but the other struggles. I'm considering building Xianling up as a DPS, because that's what I'm lacking in the second team. For the first team I've got Ning doing 10-12k crits with charge attacks which is doing fine, and Bennett to melt shields.
Who should I pair with Xianling? Noelle, Rosaria, Fischl?
I've also got Zhongli at level 88, should I swap him over to my second team?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Hackan Slash posted:

If you run XL you probably want to have Benny on that team because she is extremely energy hungry. If your issues are the cryo cincin shields though she's not a very good sheildbreaker outside of ult. And if you want her to do good pyro damage she can't really run crescent pike to be a dps.

The really strong XL teams involve the fact that pyronado is amazing and melting/vaporize it as much as possible. Good teammates for her are Childe/Ros/Kaeya/Suc. Basically anything that can apply a ton of element.

XL/Ros/Kaeya/Benny is a really strong team but needs a bunch of investment. What characters do you have available?

My lineup is
Ning 80
Zhongli 88
Venti 80
Fischl 80
Bennett 80
Rosaria 70
XL 60
Noelle 60
Jean 60
Traveller 50
Kaeya 50
Sucrose 40
Barbara 40

I haven't included lower level ones though. Just got AR 50 which is why Zhongli is the only one over 80.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I typically do noblesse coop and it works fairly well as long as you get some strong characters capable of breaking the shields and mop them up. Generally I go Ning or Zhongli and split up the mages. Venti works too to suck then into his burst.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

SlimGoodbody posted:

I noticed a puzzle chest with submerged ice and fire elemental pillars near one of the beacon islands, so I think we'll probably be either lowering water levels or raising up some land masses.

I saw that one, managed it by using amber to drop baron bunny on it, got the ice one by dropping rosarias burst. Used kaeya to build a little ice bridge out to it.

Someone said in relation to the hide and seek event that this them testing the matchmaking system. I think this event is the same: testing the vehicle system.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
First 4* pull off the new banner was C2 Ning and hey the resetting of the skill is really more handy than it looked on paper

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Well these islands sure do have a fair amount of exploration content. And because, as it turns out, some of them are outright upside down ruins they're pretty interesting puzzles. And nontrivial to navigate around even with Venti.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
The first event minigame (floating hilichurl hunts) was just an excuse for Jean to throw hilichurls into the water.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Tae posted:

But recycling visions seems to be more common than just Ning. If I'm guessing right, Kazuya's story is gonna be a lightning vision turning into ameno for "some reason" during Beidou's tournament.

Diluc

Fischl had it too, her vision was a family heirloom or something I think?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

MadHat posted:

Jean is basically always on the party at least.

Cause YEET! solves most problems and there are a not inconsequential amount of Anemo puzzles.

Unfortunately some of the enemies in the tall mountains fall off, but only a small way, and then after a while respawn with full health. Maybe I should have used Jean on them for a proper yeet and not just knocking them off with normal combat.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

So I downloaded it and tried it and first thoughts were like oh I hit tree get apples, chase lizards munch foxes. I get it, then I found the bokoblin things and was like OK. But one of them actually did like a real attack. I ended up following a path to this entire like town of theirs <it was only one building but still> and by then I had already thought paimon was adorable. Got my archer girl and did the switch thing in a fight and it clicked just how active the combat system was going to be.

So I was really vibing and then I got to the Panzer Dragoon loving set piece and it was anime as gently caress in a good way. Game rules and the voice acting isn't grating.

I think me and my emergency food are going to like this game just fine.

Gotta ask, is there cooking and fishing? I love cooking and fishing.

Definitely cooking, so collect everything you see, but fishing consists of swimming around to catch the fish the same way you catch lizards, or nuking the area with an aoe and picking up the dead fishes (this doesn't work with lizards and insects, btw)

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Crystal fly chat: there's one near the SW teleporter in dragonspine that you can glide down onto and catch from above.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I got the achievement for killing a big ice hilichurl using one of the straight shooters- one shotted him for a ton of pyro damage

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I realised the other day that I can do most artifact domains about as fast solo as I can co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I mean you shot up three world levels and you can only lower it by one but it'll help. That or rely on others via co-op to carry you