Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

frajaq posted:

Remember to save up for Ganyu

Saving is so hard :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Elemental sight would be 100% better if I could just toggle it instead of it turning off as soon as I start moving

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

berenzen posted:

Grats on his BIS bow.

what is "bis"

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
So.... it ain't worth grinding for Noblesse artifacts until I hit AR45, is it. 5 runs and only one Noblesse piece.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Cool beans. I'll just focus on getting mats for my new characters and exp books and talent books for a couple more AR before I grind artifacts.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
When it comes to shields, the shield's weakness will ALWAYS be better than raw damage/off-element damage.

My Barbara is specc'd for HP and nothing else, she literally does like 50 damage to most enemies, but she rips through fire shields at an alarming pace.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Kinda torn whether to pull more on this banner. I'd enjoy any 4* constellation going up up UP, but I am at 54 pulls and scared I'll pull Childe... I'll probably throw in at least few more pulls, I guess.

No need to be scared, Tartaglia is extremely good

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

John Lee posted:

I pulled him, and so far he's been underperforming. Maybe it's because I just don't have any good bows for him - all of my four-star bows are bad for him in some way - but Xiangling or Razor are doing more DPS than he is. Maybe once I get a really bitchin' set of artifacts on him, his true power will shine through, but I'm waiting until AR40 to get deep into the weeds there.

He really wants Rust or Skyward Harp, yeah-- but once you get his talents up he does absolutely insane burst damage and his vaporizes are bonkers.

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Want to see my extremely good lvl1 Diluc?

Should also use him too, yeah.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
imagine simping for a literal gambling video game character that hard

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
You might not think that exp books and mora and talent books and weapon gems are really worth the $10 since they're farmable, but it is, on so many levels. Once you hit the BP40 range the rewards are nuts. I was happier getting all that stuff than I was the primogems and wishes and maybe even the BP30 weapon.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Kild posted:

"14 year old syndrome" where you think you're someone with special powers and a dark past and dont make me mad I'll send you to the next dimension.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C5%ABniby%C5%8D

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Chuunibyou

The funniest part is that there's an anime about chuunibyou and Fish has the same VA as the main character.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The Himbo is Home! \o/

What artifact sets are people using on him since we don't have a good hydro set right now?

Seems like the favored build right now is 2 Gladiator/2 Noblesse for the atk boost and the burst boost. Tartaglia's burst scales insanely high (even more so if it's a vaporize) so it's worth pumping.

kater posted:

So if not normal ears is the tell for being something not exactly human, is Klee an actual goblin?

she is the burny gremlin in red :kimchi:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is this collect 7 meteorite quest a daily quest?

Seems like it. The quest has a timeout on it so I assume it'll renew tomorrow?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Why are the 5* artifact domains so ridiculously scaled I just want some Noblesse pieces. I suppose I could settle for 4* pieces for awhile...

I'm really not even bothering with artifacts anymore until I get one more AR level to 45. Just ain't worth it when I could be grinding mats and stuff.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

Elemental Mastery only affects the damage of elemental reactions. Basically when you see a word like "Melt" or "Overload" pop up, that is then affected by EM. It does nothing for normal, non-reactive elemental attacks. Also, only the EM of the character triggering the reaction (the one making the word pop up with their attack) matters.

So:
1) You bomb a hilichurl with Klee, doing damage and applying Pyro. Elemental Mastery doesn't do anything.
2) You hit a hilichurl with Barbara, making it Wet, then bomb it with Klee. Vaporize occurs. Klee's EM enhances the Vaporize damage. (Barbara's EM doesn't do anything.)
3) You bomb a hilichurl with Klee, doing damage and applying Pyro, then hit it with Barbara. Vaporize occurs. Barbara's EM enhances the Vaporize damage. (Klee's EM doesn't do anything.)

When choosing between ATK and ATK%, check your stats! You can easily see how much extra ATK a +ATK% artifact actually gives you.

You're still super early in the game and it doesn't really make too much sense to optimize artifacts yet, but the stat you want most is +Pyro DMG%.

Say I use Xiangling's Pyronado and swap to Tartaglia and use his melee stance/pop his burst. Does the EM get calculated differently based on which hit causes the Vaporize?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I'm petty and totally doing full liyue reputation first because I want the treasure guide, namecard, and wings.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Pierson posted:

All these youtube videos I watch say that Childe is on the field for a good time, not a long time

That's more or less what I've been hearing too. My plan is to run Tartaglia/Xiangling/Bennett/flex slot, where the last could be Sucrose for VV buffs (most likely), Qiqi or Barbara for more heals if needed, or Razor for dealing with things that only a claymore can handle well.

Tartaglia is the big hitter, Xiangling is sub DPS for melee stance recharge time and fire setter, Bennett is a healer/buffer/elemental resonance add.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I for one am pleased with the pretty boys in the game and that is very very rare

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I may or may not have blown all my resin refills on this and have done 20 rounds of this event today alone.

I have so many books

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

...so what are you gonna do tomorrow?

More of this, I guess, for the gems? :shrug:

I'm so close to AR45 now, it's nice that I'll be able to artifact hunt after this

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

There’s no way the weekly bosses are worth 60 resin past a40 if you don’t want the talent piece right?

Only if you're farming for 5* gladiator or wanderer's pieces? (Do general bosses drop 5*s at any rank?)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
bandwagon posting

purchased welkin twice, bp twice (no 10 level boost), and maybe $60 of primogems that got me literal trash

C1 Venti
C1 Noelle
C1 Xingqiu
C1 Beidou
C6 Xiangling
C5 Barbara
C1 Amber

also mark me as clearly one of the only people who actually likes tartaglia

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I capped my BP for the week thanks to the meteorites. Didn't even have to finish leylines or dailies today.

Also I pulled Chongyun from Wanderlust thinking I was gonna hit pity. 10 more rolls should get me SOME kinda 5-star? (Keqing or Mona or Diluc pls)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Oceanbound posted:

Pretty sure the "BP Period" missions don't count towards the weekly cap. At the moment there's enough XP in the dailies and weeklies to hit the cap without needing all of them.

In that case, I was on it this week. :D

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

UltraRed posted:

Is it possible to clear out the second shop without spending fragile resin? What if we're just starting today :ohdear:

I ran it 7? 8? times yesterday (used some resin) and was able to get the crown and almost all of the Mondstadt talent books with what I got from those Meteor runs and the 3 quests. You should be able to easily clear out the shop tbh

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

cheers, made a burner account to grab them.

yay, less than a third of a pull!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Paimon is literally the best character. She's like Navi but a gluttonous snark machine

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Bruceski posted:

All of Indiana has done DST since 2006, but people for some reason still think they don't.

Bolded comment still applies, because Indiana.

Can confirm, lived in Indiana all my life and we didn't have dst when I was a kid and it's a change I loving hated when I was 16 and still hate now.

Also, I thought linking phone number was bad because mihoyo didn't keep that secure and anyone could look it up.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Magus42 posted:

Pretty sure that was fixed already.

Oh good. I linked my account this morning just to be safe.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Does C6 Anemo Traveler's last constellation stack with VV? Because that sounds crazy if so.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I thought that if they ever added "alter" characters in the game they could add a "Liontooth Jean" thats just a pure offense version of her but then I remembered that the whole Liontooth/Dandelion wordplay is completely lost in english. She doesn't have two titles like the english localization suggests, she only has one that gets mangled by english into two.

I just looked up the wordplay and I... genuinely did not know "Dandelion" was literally just French for Lion's Tooth. But it's kind of obvious in hindsight.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I hit my wanderlust pity!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I had 9 pulls since I used a couple to hit my Wanderlust pity for Keqing.

I ended up getting... c3 Noelle.

Like... game. There's 3 claymore users on the banner. You're gonna give me the one 4* claymore that isn't? drat.

I'm 45 or so rolls deep into the character banner pity, so I'll probably hit Zhong before the banner's up, but drat.

I'm never gonna understand how some of y'all get so many 4*s in less than 10 pulls (and forget getting 2 5*s within 10)-- almost everything I have is a pity roll.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

Boo, his stele doesn't work for pressure plates, which seems ridiculous but aight.

It should? Like, in the quest you're to use the steles to activate 2 pressure plates to open a door.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Reiterpallasch posted:

people call ganyu ice amber like it's a bad thing, but if amber's charged shots hit for 500+% ATK damage with a flat 20% crit boost amber would never leave my party either

Amber's Q may have a higher concentration of damage over time, but Ganyu's Q lasts 20 seconds?!

poo poo man. Drop that Ice Lotus, pop the Q, and watch enemies get pummeled.

Just because she's similar to Amber doesn't mean she'll suck like Amber.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
So I'm working on building up Keqing right now. I was told to go for a build that emphasizes her electro damage over her physical damage, so I'm assuming what I want is:

Weapon: Black Sword
Artifacts: Thundersoother 4pc build, HP/ATK/ATK%/Electro%/Crit DMG?

then pair her up with someone like XQ for reaction support, Bennett for healing and dmg support, and a VV user?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Amuys posted:

I pray this leak is true at least for all Chong and especially Kaeya fans

I will loving build popsicle or the less popular Ragnvindr if this is real holy poo poo this is a good rear end set

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Also I picked up :honk:ai for kicks and it seems legit fun. It's way more phone friendly too so far

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

moush posted:

Paimon trending on twitter this morning (and the fact GI won best game on iTunes store) kind of making me realize this game is not nearly as niche as I thought it was for a gacha. Even the GB crew has been playing it some without directly making GBS threads on it even though it's anime. They really struck gold here didn't they.

Breath of the Wild is a good game, and adding gacha to it for people with brainworms is a grand slam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Snips posted:

I hit my 5* pity and got Qiqi instead of Zhongli, which I'm happy with since I was never going to use him anyway.

My only problem now is that I don't have enough swords to go around. My only non craftable 4* is the BP sword I have on Keqing but I also have Jean, Bennett, Xingqiu and now Qiqi wanting swords. And 3 of those want to use the 3* skyrider sword over any other 3*

She's well worth it. Qiqi has been in my party since day 1 more or less. She's really loving good and people don't seem to care much about her just because she's not a DPS. She's already really good with her E, but she becomes even better once you get her A4 and you can pop some talismans on enemies quickly.

Meanwhile I'm trying to decide who to run with Keqing as a carry. Should I do something like Keqing/Bennett/Xiangling/Venti or Sucrose, or maybe Keqing/Diona/Qiqi/Venti or Sucrose, or maybe some pairing with Xingqiu? I assume you want an anemo on the team for VV and someone who is able to cause reactions... I assume double Cryo is really good because it'd boost her crits.