Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Sometimes Food posted:

It is at least pretty funny watch people bend themselves into knots trying to explain how boycotting isn't cancelling cause cancelling is always wrong but you should boycott Mihoyo which is in all functional ways the same thing, but it's not cancelling you guys.

This was my favorite part of the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would not have been suckered into playing a bunch of terrible phone games like Arknights or indeed Honkai 3rd Impact without fan content I really liked, so in short fan works are a land of content.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finally got peer pressured into playing this by friends, it's pretty cool. I got Mona from the starter gacha, what's up with her dash? It has an icon beside the Q and E like it's special.

Andrast posted:

I'm going to be mad if we don't get the gently caress scene

mihoyo knows how the politics game works, they'll cut it down to 50 minutes.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tae posted:

Also seems like CN and JP aren't raging over the anniversary, it's mostly the english speaking reddit/twitter community being an embarrassment

Review bombing random stuff is dumb but it's not like there's any point in standing up for a mobage comlany.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So apparently there was a temporary event for dragonspine that kinda explained what that areas deal was that's just gone now? Am I misunderstanding that?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

and worst of all, it gave a decent f2p sword

but yes its gone. it will probably be rerun at some point tho

We can hope, but I recall h3i didn't really do reruns. Not sure how GI has managed been in comparison, with h3i releasing characters that straight up couldn't use their kit properly without the right gahca pulls and generally having an even more hostile attitude than most mobage. I heard people talk about gi being stingy and people spending $2500 to max a character but I'm not sure how much of that is reality vs memes.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So uh is there any kind of story recap feature?

I'm a ways into Liyue at this point and I have zero idea who half the characters are and why I should care about them.

How many to have dawei duel him on the millennium tower

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For a bunch of super secretive assassins and spies or whatever these fatui guys seem to spend a lot of time standing around staring at nothing.

Normally I wouldnt think much of it but the hilchurls like, do stuff.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobsterpillar posted:

Genuinely a more engaging storyline already!

It's a bit weird to me that I've gotten some quests to go talk to hilchurls and they're 100% intelligent and totally capable of nonviolent interaction with people then we just go back to sawing them down by the dozen. :v:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I don't get it why are people crying blue murder at some silly attempt at viral marketing?

elon musk sucks, so people don't want him any closer to a game they like.

Kale posted:

Much as I've liked this game it legit now has some of the dumbest most weirdly out of touch PR attempts I've ever seen for a video game in my life in the last month or so and it really does seem to coincide with the new PR manager they got so while I don't want to jump to conclusions it's kind of hard not to wonder right now. Particularly since the PR for the game seemed oddly savvy and like they made some clever localization and marketing choices for most of 2021 such that I was kind of surprised at first how well a Chinese company seemed to understand and make strong inroads into the American gaming market with what was essentially their first attempt with a type of game and aesthetic that is normally not all that popular outside of the Asian market. Nowadays I'm kind of drawing a lot of blanks though much as the community blows some things out of proportion, I just think there was a better pattern established early on as to how to handle all these things. At least the actual game dev side of things seems to be holding up.

Horrible ads are just part of mobage for whatever reason.

See Arknights having some random youtube guy talk about drat LION GIRL TITS BIG and paying for DidYouKnowGaming to make a video shilling it.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 14, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So from what I gather, like half the playable characters are various flavors of gods or immortals or the like?

No wonder poor Amber is so weak in comparison. My first random 4* was a bow so I was using her but man. She's not great.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

Venti, Zhongli, and Raiden are gods. Ganyu and Xiao are divine servants of Zhongli. Yanfei's dad was one of those servants but her mom was just a regular person. Xiangling has a demigod in her pocket.

Think those are the only divine characters at present.

I thought Traveler was too since their sibling has been alive for like 500 years?

I'm just finding the relative abilities of everyone a bit difficult to grasp, I think.

dogsicle posted:

i feel like Amber is probably about the same as other characters in terms of having partners she basically requires to do well. but yeah she's still coming from behind most options even if i think she can be fun

melt Amber is great and simple but your desired baseline is pretty much C2 Rosaria. i guess you can do variants with like Kaeya+shield but that seems insane and Kaeya would want C2 if possible too. bomber Amber is literally not accessible until you have C2 (good luck) and then further locks its damage potential behind C4 and C5.

phys Amber doesn't exist.

I 100% had to use amber either way since a bunch of puzzles need a bow and nobody else can figure out their mysteries, though I do have Aloy now.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know complaining about over the top clothes in this kind of game is silly and there's probably worse examples, but I find the dissonance with how kujou sara dresses and acts to be particularly jarring.

Entirely unrelated question, tapping attack with a bow fires quick shots and holding it fires aimed shots. Does an aimed shot already do more damage than a rapid shot or does it have to charge more to do that? Having not leveled Aloy she does like single digit damage either way so it's hard to tell.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't missed a skip cutscne prompt or anything right? Some of these inazuma cutscenes are brutal long despite nothing meaningful happening in them and i just want to explore more.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gandlethorpe posted:

But skipping bosses means fewer chances at billets

Are there any use for those beyond 2 so so weapons per type?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am I correct in understanding that the playable Raiden Shogun is the puppet doppelganger and the real one is... Somewhere else doing her own thing?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pope Urbane II posted:

Seems that way. We get to play with the partially-disabled murderbot.

I'm fascinated to see how the hangout event or whatever plays out with that in consideration.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Emissary posted:

Ei's consciousness is contained in her sword, which the Shogun puppet is able to summon when you hit Q. It's possible for her to leave the Plane of Euthymia...somehow. (Her story quest deliberately doesn't explain how it works, so it's probably not as simple as taking over and piloting the Shogun-body for a while.) Most of the voicelines that play in the overworld are said by the Shogun, although Ei does have a remark in response to lightning striking and she delivers half of the voicelines that unlock at Friendship 4-6, including the "More About Ei" voicelines, which play automatically when you hit the corresponding friendship level. Ei also does the teapot conversation lines.

So, kind of. We seem to be driving the Shogun when we run around Teyvat, given that the triggered voicelines are all done in her mechanical voice. It's harder to tell the difference with the combat voicelines. IMO, the skill callouts sound like the Shogun, but the burst callouts are more ambiguous. The assumption that Ei takes over and does the fighting when you hit burst and the Shogun pulls her out is a perfectly plausible one until we get info that disputes it.

Haven't finished Inazuma yet so it might come up but does it ever completely explain if the Shogun has uh... her? own mind? I can't tell if it's like, a sci-fi AI vs running a script.

Boat Stuck posted:

drat, why are the Inazuma world quests all so loving dark?

Why is every chest and electrocculus a homeric ordeal? :negative:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

What's a good female silent protagonist name? I need something that you can swap in if you're using a male or female Traveller.

Genshin Impact: Silent Bob and Emergency Food's weird adventure

They have cqnon names,don't they?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So uh can I not adjust my audio options in domains? That's a weird limitation.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
further adventures in genshin:

Raiden's english VA sounding a bit british is really weird.

Compared to Liyue and Mondstat, a lot of the ladies in Inazuma really are into the Traveler. Slow your roll there, ayaka.

e: Wait Ayaka is just Vergil from DMC, as you were Ayaka :swoon:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of fishing rods do the other ones do anything different or are they just cosmetic? The wiki seemed to suggest the latter.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Having phone game daily chores to add some sense of progress to your day sounds incredibly depressing, especially if being able to engage less is considered an improvement.

super sweet best pal posted:

Seconding the "event good, :words: bad" opinions. This is a lot more fun than Spiral and has been a very good source of mora but the cutscenes are needlessly long considering nothing of actual import was said.

The game badly needs a skip cutscene option

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 22, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kale posted:

As far as I've been able to tell the characters in Honkai are even more chatty as the game goes on an Genshin seems to slowly be working its way up there with Inazuma.

I haven't played honkai in a while but I think it has a skip.

The inazuma intro took forever when I just wanted to start looking for new stuff.

Endorph posted:

psychoanalyzing people based on 'i think genshin impact could use a skip artifact domain youve already cleared button' is even more depressing, champ

I don't really care what the motive is, I don't see the appeal in playing at the point it's daily chores.

If you dislike doing them to the point having the option to skip it is an improvement, and the game isn't hard enough that you need to optimize to be able to clear the content you do like... what's the point?

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 22, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Wanting life to be more fun like entertaininment is insanely cringe, bro

Did you have a stroke while you were typing that or something?

Endorph posted:

i do not play games at the point theyre only daily chores. however, games i enjoy playing, such as Genshin Impact, sometimes have daily chores in order to gather materials to strengthen new characters so you can use them in the actually engaging content. i would like if i could do the chores more quickly, with five or six clicks, as opposed to having to actually go through the motions. this way, i could focus more on the good content.

I guess, but artifact domains seem to be largely superfluous since whatever random 3 star artifact with somewhat correct stats is good enough.

To be clear I'm inferring you don't like them but are doing them which is what I don't get. Skip button, whatever more options is good even if I'm not inclined to do stuff like say, idle battle in arknights.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 22, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fabiopenz posted:

I have a multiple 5 stars sitting unleveled because I can't get myself to spend a month leveling characters to maybe compete with my current team, a skip for grinding or artifact rewards for events would go a long way in motivating me to actually roll.

Also do you use condensed resin?

It might be different if you're lucky or whale and have 25 characters you want to level; I've only done about 20 rolls with tokens or gems I've been given and haven't rolled otherwise. Having a dozen or so characters so far I haven't needed to stop and grind for XP or the like, and the mostly 3* artifacts I have were enough to get me through most of the spiral abyss. It just doesn't seem necessary if you don't like it.

I have never used a condensed resin though, no.

Long term I might be proven totally wrong, particularly for XP and if that's the case I'll own up to it.

I guess the thread got kinda lost since the original point was about if having autobattle would be an improvement, and me not seeing how having it or not would make a difference since if you don't like it as-is I haven't seen anything to suggest that just skipping out on grinding will lock you out of doing other stuff.

Kale posted:

Yeah I find some of visual novel type stuff which Honkai kind of is to a degree can really load you up with technobabble and cyclical dialogue. Thats when i usually get pretty liberal with skipping dialogue. Final Fantasy can also be like that at times too. Games like those practically require a glossary menu.

Tyranny having hotlinks for important terms is one of the best features in any game, ever.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 23, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was under the impression that A) spiral abyss was the endgame and B) amber was one of the worst characters in the game, so getting through it without worrying too much about specific stats was an indicator that say, getting the blizzard strayer set might give bigger numbers which can be fun but is ultimately unnecessary.

Is it like honkai and the new characters are basically dysfunctional without the right sets?

For talent/ascension mats, yeah I admit I can see that being a pain when you've run the chests and sigil shops and so on sitting in the world dry and have to make a specific point of going out to get more.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finished it, with some 2 and mostly 1 star. I doubt I could get 3*s or improve any of the 2*s, but as far as i can tell the only thing I'm missing out on is some primogems and some random trinkets.

Which would be nice, but definitely does not seem worth grinding 10 domains a day or whatever.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The inazuma story is a total mess, but [spoiler]ei wanting to talk after we beat her rear end is a bit galling. lady do you know how many people we killed to get to this point and now you want to place nice and then we just... forgive her? And not I dunno throw her in jail? Or dump her body in the river, which as far as I can tell nobody other than Yae would have a particular reason to object to?

I'd thought she didn't know what was happening outside of her little sword world while she spent the last 500 years in a depressive fugue and thus the entire thing was a tragic failure of communication but uh apparently she was aware of what happened outside and just didn't bother to do anything?/spoiler]

Pope Urbane II posted:

The dirty secret is that gladiator is fine for the vast majority of characters and content, and everyone obsessively optimizing for artifacts should have just gotten the easier upgrades to talent levels.

That's what I used half the time!

Endorph posted:

I mean, there's nothing else to really do with your time is the thing. Once you've cleared the story and the current event there's only really exploration and grinding up to make 3 starring the abyss every reset easier.

And just to be clear, you cleared floors 9-12 too, right?

Just seems like you'd be better served doing something else with your time, if you've run out of stuff to do.

And yes.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 23, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay this date with Raiden is cute and all but I still fail to see why anyone other than Yae would want to do anything with her other than give her the revolutionary's handshake after she clearly states she knew exactly what was going on, didn't care and would still be doing it if the traveler didn't kick her rear end

Like yeah, I get it; Cute girl, roll for gacha but like... Why this one? People are apparently excited for Yae but the better question is why wasn't she on a banner instead to begin with? :psyduck:

I think Traveler and Yae are the only ones who know she was 100% okay with what was going on and they let everyone blame the Fatui (who are to blame for suggesting it, they're not innocent or anything). Yae is her friend and doesn't care about the redshirts, which I get, but why does the Traveler just go along with it? They were supposedly friendly with a bunch of them but not only let her get away with they start doing what she wants!

They don't actually need to kill Ei or anything but it leaves kind of a bad taste in my mouth, particularly since the Traveler apparently held a grudge against Signora who they have way less reason to actually care about.

e: on a gameplay note that final fight loving sucks if you made the mistake of having one of the two characters you rolled being electro lol

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 23, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MoonCrab posted:

Other people gave different answers but I'm pretty sure the truth is that she's actually just invincible? Like, the traveler had their dramatic last act anime powerup for the climactic final battle for the fate of the nation and at the end Raiden was just standing there completely uninjured like ":geno: oh I lost this duel I guess I'll listen to what you have to say."

Also she's the county's literal deity. Imagine you're a student praying for class to be cancelled because you didn't finish whatever assignment, except the person you're praying to lives down the street and she could actually do it, by cutting the school in half from her living room. That's life in Inazuma.

I'm pretty sure she's not invincible, or at least archons aren't by default, since the "original" ones have been referenced before.

Man, it must be weird to know your prayer is going to voice mail because god is on a date with some foreign girl.

Kale posted:

My impression of Raiden (and this is a little bit into her character quest but not quite finished yet) is that she's good at fighting/smiting stuff and self-meditation, but a terrible rear end politician and leader in just about every other facet because she's never really tried much of anything else. All of her edicts have been enforced through sheer strength alone as nobody can stand against her and her definition of eternity without getting totally obliterated until finally you and just about everybody in Inazuma that ever had a vision show up in a manner of speaking and finally at long last flip the script. This is sort of her way of moralizing the situation and what needs to happen to keep Inazuma from suffering the fate of other fallen nations she's seen during the time of the Archon War. All the Archon's seem to be slightly traumatized by the events of it and suffered heavy losses that have scarred them for years and affected how they figure things ought to be run with Ei's being the most severe yet.

Yeah it's a little hosed up and tyrannical, but one of the themes of the game I've found is that you're showing up at these major turning points in the history of these nations as humans are about to seize the reigns of power and fate for themselves and playing a major part in those events and then what comes after we've only just barely seen the tip of the iceberg. It just so happens that in this case it had to be done through force and also these changes may not actually prove to be a good thing in the long run because there's this fear that it could provoke Celestia and the Sustainer of Heavenly Principles, like what happened last time a country not ruled by an Archon got too ambitious and powerful.

I kind of want to see how she develops from here before making too much of a judgment call on her character, but I've seen a lot shittier personality and morality system type characters that I'm supposed to identify with in my time following JRPG type stuff but don't at all really, but I kind of think I'm starting to get what's Raiden's deal is. I feel that by the time of Yae's character quest far down the line I'll likely have the fuller picture since again her own Archon Quest seems to be barely scratching the surface and is more like an introduction to Inazuma and it's cast than anything.

If the game tends to have older characters in events and stuff instead of just focusing on the new roster then yeah, I'd be willing to reconsider my opinion on her if she shows up again. People have talked about inazuma having development troubles due to covid, so I figured that feeling more like an introduction than a story was just a casualty of that.

kater posted:

ur avatar is W homie whats so confusing

A friend bought this for me. :colbert:

kater posted:

also the rebels were all very lame. team raiden has all the cool characters.

It occurred to me that as far as I'm aware, every character who dresses in flashy glamorous clothes and has a non monochromatic colour palette with the exception of Dainsleif, Scaramouche, Signora and Yae is playable. Like Signora biting it was the first time anyone who the player could reasonably be expected to remember has died.

I feel like they could've stood to make that one rebel guy stand out a bit more and get some screen time or something but maybe that was another covid casualty.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 23, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Dainslief was literally in the pre-release preview trailer, before Genshin even released, as the featured playable character from the Khaenri'ah chapter (and also the narrator of the trailer!). So they definitely have plans to release him, but it'll be a very long time before we work though all 7 countries and get to there.
As for the others: Yae is scheduled to release as playable some time around patch 2.5 according to leaks, and Scaramouche could eventually be playable just like Childe is, after he gets to play a major antagonist in some future chapter.

I meant playable at this time, Yae and Dains are 100% going to be playable.

Endorph posted:

And yea, in general I wish some of the more major NPCs got unique designs. Xiangling's dad, Hoffman, Smiley, these are all characters who get a reasonable amount of dialogue but your mind slips right by them because they have generic villager models.

Giving completely unimportant characters names doesn't help since it makes it that much harder to keep track of. Inazuma had like 20 named characters of which 5 were relevant and all of which used generic models.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nyoro posted:

who the heck is eula

You agreed to one before you started playing the game

Radical posted:

i think this was one of the biggest years for new characters in honkai actually. each honkai character has a lot more mechanical work put into them but fewer art assets. genshin has a bit of an issue where an individual character only has so much going on in their kit, but the amount of art/animations/voice is overwhelming.

It'll never happen but giving characters a fighting move and a utility move would be cool. I guess the idea is you kinda have 8 abilities per team since you swap, but still.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

evil characters are cool but i want characters that the game actually acknowledges as evil instead of just saying "ok but you the player love them now for no reason, have some waifu/husbando dialog"

I think I just had this conversation with people in the thread, but people were arguing that there's more to go for her plot, and she just heard "vision hunt decree is going great" and took people's word for it or something.

I don't really agree with it and I'd be cool with having an option to do a mortal kombat finisher to gain 300 primos in exchange for no being able to roll childe or raiden or eula or whoever but to each their own.

As is I'm not a fan of how Raiden's story goes (I'm the one who wants the evil pretty anime boyfriend so childe gets a pass) and I kinda hope there's more of a conclusion to it with the inazuma epilogue or whatever. Even going for the cooler Raiden's approach and admitting she truly does not care about people dying would be fine, it's not like she needs to become a paragon of nobility or anything.

e: Like jokes aside the reason I don't mind Childe is the narrative presents him as a puckish rogue that will probably try to kill you again, the little scamp, but until that time comes you're cool.

Raiden it's weird because it more seems like it's trying to present her as just being a good guy now.

dogsicle posted:

they need to release more evil characters but this time with synergy so they can be on a team

Add an [evil] tag like FGO

Endorph posted:

What do you want the game to do, a five hour apology tour? Having characters do bad stuff and then everyone just moves on from it is cool imo

More options to give people poo poo in conversations, imo.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 26, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radical posted:

its fantastic, isn't it? i hope they can one day gently caress genshin up with a similar degree of nonsense.

That reminds me, I know Honkai was the third game in that series but how incomprehensible is it without the first two untranslated ones that I don't think even exist anymore?

I quit playing it long ago but I really am kinda curious with how Homestuck it gets what the plot actually was.

It's sad that all of this will become lost media, like every other mobile game more or less.

Sanctum posted:

Clearly Raiden Shogun is the real archon and Ei doesn't matter. Let's just ignore Ei. She's stupid and can stay in her forever-place where she surrenders all agency to the real archon doing the bad things she does or doesn't want to happen.

Also Ei is a sword or something idk

Raidenbot E-5000 is ok in my book, she's all about the prime directive and otherwise doesn't give a drat

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 26, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andrast posted:

Hoarding is always a good option

at 50k soon

Is that from the monthly passes or have you bought primo packs?

Just wondering what kind of total I should expect when I clear everything out since if Ayaka's brother exists and is a Dante homage I will lose my poo poo.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since there's finally some half-decent looking competitors starting to come together, I wonder if that'll inspire mihoyo to take another look at some of that.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you buy a monthly pass on the same day one runs out, does it give you one less day overall since it's 30 days?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

QuantaStarFire posted:

Perhaps the complaint isn't "too much dialogue" but is actually "the pacing and characterization is dogshit, hire better writers"?

Yeah there's plenty of games I'm totally fine with sitting through long cutscenes for, Metal Gear Solid 2 is one of my favorite games ever. Even just in the realm of phone games Fate/Grand Order has single chapters that are basically as long as entire visual novels.

The thing there though is that in the broadest terms, they're generally better written. MGS2 has a lot of weird tangents that can sometimes be funny or interesting or you can look back later and see how they actually are relevant despite seeing inane at the time ("REMEMBER PRE-RIPPED JEANS?"). FGO has a large cast of characters that fall into broad archetypes, yet are generally well characterized enough that even two really similar characters like Jeanne Alter and Saber Alter talking doesn't feel like white noise, and they're usually saying something funny or interesting or whatever too.

This event in Genshin, and frankly most of Inazuma, I couldn't really tell you what was going on or who did what and why because it's loving boring.

Mondstatw as kinda whatever, but Liyue was generally fun which makes it stand out more having done them all in quick succession.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Which competitors are these? I'm interested

Most recent is Tower of Fantasy. I have no idea about the company behind it, maybe they suck, but what I've seen is basically 1:1 to Genshin (down to animations and stuff) with a different setting, a custom character, mounts to cut down on travel time and combat that's more like Honkai's (which I had more fun with than I usually do with Genshin's).

So it's entirely possible it'll be awful or dead with content, but it seems like it's trying to be a competitor as opposed to hoping people click it in the app store when they're bored and drunk.

Previous one was PSO2 New Genesis but it ended up being incredibly meh.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 31, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sayu's ability really makes me wish we could find a horse or something because having the cooldown be longer if you roll longer is so annoying.

zerokunami posted:

The best thing about her is she makes it so the crystal core butterflies don't run away.

What are those even for? I just started dumping them into the recycler because I have like a hundred that do nothing.

No Wave posted:

the mystery of some guy we've never met with a generic NPC model.

The Inazuma Story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Having played more Honkai, it's cool and I'm now wondering if it'll ever tie into Genshin (even in a loose way).

It seems impossible to track down any of the Honkai 2 comic adaptations in English though, which is a shame.

e: That being said if anyone has an idea of where to find them in any language, let me know.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 1, 2021