Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I’m actually finding the web event pretty enjoyable. The rewards aren’t that great, but the dialog is pretty amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Sounds like some of the dialog for Childe was mis-translated after the boss fight which is why he comes across as more of an rear end in a top hat than intended

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jtrb1b/psa_extremely_important_mistranslation_on_one_of/

Surprising because in many ways the localization has been so good.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

This game must really want me to use Barbara because I’ve gotten her three times in a row

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Really frustrating when you get a five star (Childe) but you don't have the xp resources to get them to level 70, and are hesitant to allocate resources to them.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

For the character banner, it says that there’s a 50 percent chance that when I get a four star it will be one of the ones on the banner, and if I don’t get it the next one is guaranteed. Is that only for the first pull, or is it always 50 percent?

And if so, then if I’m trying to get a character that’s not on the banner (like my C1 for Fischl) would I then be better off pulling on standard banner!

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The bonus is always there so even if your luck is terrible you'll still always get a featured 4* character every other drop.

Also yeah, standard banner gives you better odds at non-featured 4* characters but the pool is very large so if you are only aiming for one specific character the odds are still gonna be slim. That said we'll be getting a free Fischl from the current event soon so I'd say don't bother.

Well I’m actually shooting for the C2 which sounds pretty powerful, but also know it’s a long shot to get.

I don’t know I’d rather strengthen characters I have than getting new ones so standard seems more appealing.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Ashenai posted:

It's always 50 percent.

Technically yes, but man, that's not a great idea. There are 14 four-stars on the standard banner, and a 50% chance of getting weapons. This means that on average you'll get a Fischl every 28th four-star. So you can expect one around 200 pulls or so (but if you're unlucky, it's very possible to go over 1000 pulls without seeing her.)

The standard banner is just not a good place for your primogens. I'd really advise you to wait until Fischl is back on the menu.

Oh that’s true forgot about weapons

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Mr Snips posted:

I'm starting to regret putting resources into levelling up Chongyun. He helped me get through the first 2 team abyss floor since I didn't have a good B team dps option at the time, but now he's become a waste of a team slot since his attacks become an active hinderance to so many other characters and he doesn't seem do enough damage to offset that.

Fischl isn’t affected by it. Her and Chong team up really well.

Actually my rotation for the longest time has been Barb attacks for wet and carry the dragon slayer book, switch to Fischl for the increase in damage and use Oz, switch to Chong’s E for superconduct,
Xiangling’s E, and then back to Fischl who because of superconduct and the dragon slayer book does considerable damage with her bow.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 17, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

No Wave posted:

But why is Chongyun better than Kaeya there? Superconduct is a reaction that doesn't take advantage of his ability to re-apply cryo.

I think Chongyun is best with Xiangling for pyronado and lots of melt procs. Xingqiu could also work for insta frozen/shattered. I watched a 12-3 3* clear recently that used Chongyun/Xingqiu/Xiangling for reaction spam and it looked extremely cool.

Chong is an AOE and anyone that steps into the circle also gets affected.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/genshinimpact/status/1329051330757816321?s=21

Hopefully they fix the dialog for the after battle also because it’s badly translated which is why people are seeing it inconsistent with his story quest and character profile.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

This is neat

https://twitter.com/genshinimpact/status/1329762883937345537?s=21

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Make sure to check out the event guidelines because specific characters get 60 percent damage increase during the meteorite salvaging

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Anyone looking to make money writing about the game?

https://twitter.com/rockpapershot/status/1331349060113096710?s=21

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Whoa the fourth part of the event story is up.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

So do the reveals from that last chapter suggest they’re living in some artificial reality?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

To add further speculation on the latest reveals, ever notice that sometimes you pass by Kathryne and she says error: error sounding like a robot?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

I really like the characterization they did with Fischl at the end of this. Being worried about people seeing the real her.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 26, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

On Reddit there is a detailed analysis and theorizing of the last event chapter

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Im...utm_name=iossmf

One thing they pointed out that backs up what some here have speculated is the cryptic few sentences of the traveler story.

“The keeper is fading away; the creator has not yet come. But the world shall burn no more, for you shall ascend.”

“Keeper” could be like solaris in xenogears as has been mentioned.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 26, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Constellations were mentioned a lot in this event. Has there been more mention in the game as to what they are? Maybe there has and I wasn’t paying attention. I was just aware of it as a gameplay mechanic.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Plot speculation and event chapter spoilers

I mean if the word “archon” is similar to “gnosis” and you know gnosis mythology it kind of gives the game away

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Looks like new story event tomorrow. And info about other events

https://twitter.com/genshinimpact/status/1333600092234805248?s=21

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Zhongli’s story was pretty cool.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Wow

https://twitter.com/pgbiz/status/1334094711829786624?s=21

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Sweet I can get my Fischl to C2 at the least.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

How do ascension rewards work? I didn’t get any fates. Is there somewhere I have to go?

Also has anyone done the quest where you have to interact with the blocked Ice? Can’t figure out what to do.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Bussamove posted:

Go to the character screen, there’s an icon in the too right for each character that leads you to them.

Awesome. Got 24 fates.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Dragonspine is really fun to explore

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Oh wow you can read all the past dialog from story and archon quests in the archive.

Is that new or did I miss that before?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

I just got Keqing. How would you rate her out of the other five stars? (My others are Jean and Childe).

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

So I’m seeing all these pictures of people high up and seeing the ground visible, yet every time I’m high up the ground is obscured by I’m guessing a thick cloud formation of atmosphere maybe?

How can I make it so I can see the ground for miles away when I’m super high up?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Avynte posted:

between scaramouche and now the summit of dragonspire, it looks like the metaplot hints are going to be doled out pretty regularly. The shattered pillar matches up with the ones on the loading screen, so that ties "the sky is fake" pretty nicely with the whole 'loading screen matches real world time vs teyvat accelerated time' Guess the whole fatui gathering power thing will be to somehow invade there eventually? :shrug: Be interesting to see what's up with the floating mass the camera zoomed in on at the end that we've seen in they sky for a long time now.

Watch the opening scene of the game again the pillars they are surrounded by look the same. Guessing that’s the floating island we see

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Damnit dark souls should have taught me to always read item descriptions. Is there a place I can still read the description of the three puzzle boxes? I already used them.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Archonex posted:

Not yet I think. Give me a moment, i'll type them up for you.

Awesome thanks :)

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

For those, like me, who love digging into Genshin Impact's lore, the wiki has this really great timeline pieced together by all the books, dialog, and item descriptions found in the game. What's great is they footnote all these at the bottom with links to the actual content the info was taken from, so you can just scroll to the bottom and explore the content and try to piece together the timeline yourself. (though right now it's missing a lot of info from Dragonspine).

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

Also, in discussion of lore and story spoilers, I think it would be good to distinguish spoiler content that comes from the game itself, and spoiler content that comes outside the game (trailers, manga, Honkai Impact, etc..) For example, there was a story trailer for Genshin Impact that I quickly turned off as it was literally describing the plot for each major chapter coming up. So that's the type spoiler content I want to avoid. However I'm happy to explore spoiler speculation that comes from what we find in the game itself. Even the timeline I reference above uses stuff from the manga so I averted my eyes to that information.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 26, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Has Dansleif been mentioned in the game or just outside game content?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

frajaq posted:

I started an alt account today just to slowly pay more attention to how the game starts, I gave 0 poo poo about it on my first Genshin account because I had no idea the game was so surprisingly lore-heavy

Yea I went back and watched a video walkthrough of someone starting the game for that same reason.

Thank god for the travel log in archive that has all the dialog from past archon and story quests. (Also the wiki linked above has all the dialog as well, including world quests.)

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 27, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

There’s a Crimson agate shard in snow covered path that is blocked by ice (it’s the area that you have to climb or glide to). I can’t find a shard anywhere to break the ice with, closest I found was one at the bottom north but I can’t make the run in time to reach the ice even when Kaeya. Is there a closer shard?

Nvm found it haha. Funny how often whenever you ask something on a forum shortly later you find it on your own.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 27, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

I raised the tree to level 8, but from what I understand it's now supposed to give me some daily crimson wishes quests, but I don't see anywhere to receive the quests.

What am I missing?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

There's a puzzle in the south east that's at a water formation a little underneath the mountain. There's an ice elemental pylon that can't be activated, some of the warmers that are deactivated, and a seelie floating around. There are also torches surrounding the water. When you light a torch the seelie goes to the torch. But I can't figure out what to do with the puzzle.

There were also some exploding ice barrels which I exploded, but doesn't seem to have done anything.

edit: nvm figured it out haha. Whenever I want to figure out something I just need to post it on the forum and it will come to me haha.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

I’m at 91 percent completed with 170 chests found. From what I’ve heard there’s another 50 or so to find. Keep thinking I’ve been everywhere but obviously not if there’s that many chests still, my guess is many are on the side of mountains that you have to fly or climb to, or under ice.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 27, 2020