Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I only today realised that you can tell which lootable plants will spawn a Whopperflower, because the loot pop-up will have a speech bubble instead of the icon for the item you're looting.

Hopping on the roster bandwagon. No rerolling, which I do have some regrets about since I did a few rerolls much later on and got Keqing on one of them, and she was really fun to use. Too much time invested in this account though:

C6 Barbara (and gotten two more after maxing her out)
C3 Fischl
C2 Ningguang
C2 Xiangling
C1 Amber
C1 Beidou

Also got a 5 star weapon from the standard banner, Lost Prayers to the Sacred Winds, which is... I guess the movement speed is nice? Not that it sees any use since Barbara is using the dragon slayer book. Getting a 5 star weapon instead of character is such a letdown.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That is the strongest catalyst in the game, if you put it on an offensive caster like Ningguang you'll be happy to have it, it turns her into an offensive juggernaut.

I really want to level and gear her, but my resources.... :sweatdrop:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Finishing the Battle Pass is way more comfortable now than it used to be. With the resin cap increase I no longer lose resin due to it capping while I'm asleep + off to work, which means I actually finish the weekly resin spending goal now. And with the 900 extra points per week for bounties + requests, it should be much more doable to hit the weekly cap regularly, which I did for the first time today. Before I would've had to spend fragile resin to reach it.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Ytlaya posted:

Isn't Archon just "god" in Japanese (not sure what it is in the original Chinese)? Similarly Visions are "god's eyes" IIRC. I forget what word was used for "gnosis."

In the JP dub they call Visions "神の目 (kami no me)" or Eye of God/God's Eye, while Gnosis is "神の心 (kami no kokoro)". You can translate 心/kokoro a few different ways, but it usually refers to the mind or spirit of something. Heart is a common translation, but not in the literal sense as in the organ, more in a mystic sense as in "soul".

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I kinda want Zhongli for aesthetics, but I don't see myself using him on combat.... hmm, choices choices.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Against my better judgement, I decided to spend my 12k primogems on this banner since I wanted a 5* that wasn't Diluc or Childe. Game gave me a Diluc dupe. I am now the living manifestation of regret.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Ashenai posted:

Nothing to regret, sometimes you need to get a non-banner pull out of the way. You next 5* is guaranteed to be on-banner, so pick them wisely!

Sure, but couldn't it have been Qiqi, or Mona, or Jean, or Keqing instead? :v:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I wouldn't buy it, but at the same time I'm bad at the game and deeply appreciate it every time she saves my dumb, shocked Pikachu face'd rear end in the level 90 artifact dungeons.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

No Wave posted:

I'm blown away that Diluc is so popular for golden house. Like.... over Xiangling? How is that possible? (btw Gouba and Oz is the easiest way to cheese the entire Childe fight)

He's in my main team which consists of Chongyun, Diluc, Fischl and Barbara, who I use for all three boss fights. He doesn't actually do anything there though, I do the Golden House fight purely by spamming auto attacks with Fischl and dropping Oz when Childe approaches. It's fast enough, safe and as easy as it gets. It still counts as "use Diluc in the Golden House" as far as statistics goes, I suppose.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

gandlethorpe posted:

Just whaled for at least one Chongstellation, which I finally got at my ~200th banner wish alongside a 7th Razor and 4th Zhongli :shepface:

Got the second one right after, which I'll take as a victory. Whatever, I'll finish up the rest next time* he shows up.

Blew my guaranteed pity like 20 pulls after Qiqi, but whatever I'll take +3 levels on shield.

Your pulls on the Zhongli banner proves the presence of the desire sensor. I always knew it was real but people kept saying "oh, it's just RNG". Hogwash I say, the desire sensor is real!

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

gandlethorpe posted:

Change to Fischl's passive's name is the most important update of v1.2, imo

I want to pretend that she's spent the past few weeks thinking about it and just now came to the conclusion that the old one wasn't on-brand enough.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Finally got C6 Fischl (though from the standard banner). Fischl in the rain was already really good, C6 Fischl during rain is just purple numbers everywhere.

Also just found out the hard way there's an achievement for getting struck by lightning during a storm.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

RareAcumen posted:

Also, I'm on PS4, am I dumb or is there no way to add gadgets to all of the face buttons? I try to add the NRE and that works, but then I can't put the Wind Catcher on something else like I'd assume I'd be able to.

On PC you can only have one gadget active at a time (bound to the Z button by default), so there's probably no way to do more than one on PS4 either.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Nice, when I started the fourth clear the flower just didn't bother spawning a weak point at all and just kept either spinning around or summoning a shitload of exploding ice spikes everywhere. I think I'm going to drop this until they give it another patch or two.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Caved in and used consumables, which let me kill the flower before the whole shield phase got a chance to begin (best clear was 43 seconds) with a level 20 Amber (I'm sorry Amber), Diluc, Fischl and Bennett. Most of the time, anyway. At least the weak point didn't bug out and refuse to appear again, which always helps. Still can't say I'm a fan of this fight, in part because a wipe is so expensive to recover from once you exhaust the healing from the statues, and in part because it's nearly instant death if you mess up.

This fight also reminded me that I'm reeeeeally not a fan of how all your controls lock up if you swap into a dead character while moving or attacking, while at the same time covering the entire middle of the screen in a pop-up box with food to select from. Sometimes muscle memory gets the better of me and I try to swap to a dead character, which means that the screen gets covered up while my character automatically keeps running in the direction I was headed as I pressed the button, which tends to get yet another character killed.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, if you don't notice immediately where exactly you have to go to for the shield, you're going to die. From the moment it spawns you have maybe 6-7 seconds before the flower murders you.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The weapons crystals not being possible to add by holding down the button was what prompted me to finally clear out my weapons stash. Locked and refined everything I wanted to keep and mulched the rest. At least then you can just use the auto-add function to have the game add as many crystals as you need to max out the weapon. If you select "3 star and below" it'll automatically pick the highest quality crystals, which saves a lot of clicking.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You're not leveling any new characters, or at least (wisely) not leveling them to 80 or 90.

If you were to level a new character from 0 to 90 alongside a 5* weapon and all their talents, it would cost a total of over 6 million mora, plus all the xp books and enhancement crystals and weekly boss mats.

At the highest I had like 11 million Mora, but once I got to AR 50 and got Diluc and Fischl (plus their weapons) to 90 that dropped right fast even with none of them having more than level 8 talents. And then 1.2 came out and started handing out wishes for getting the other characters levels up...

Long story short I now have 300k Mora left. But at least the free wishes got me Qiqi and Fischl's C6.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The game is easy enough (barring late stage Abyss) that it really doesn't matter that spamming Fischl auto-attacks isn't optimal. I clear the highest level Childe fight by pretty much exclusively spamming Fischl's auto attacks.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

dogsicle posted:

using her skill shuts off her C1 so it'd be important to know how that affects her damage. given her burst is just an excuse to refresh her skill though, i suppose you can't really escape that and should just treat C1 as a bonus for the like 5s her skill and burst are both on cooldown

Andrast posted:

C1 for Fish has got to be one of the most overrated constellations in the game. It's a minor damage boost for the small time your Oz isn't on the field.

Yeah, I think it's just a bonus for when Oz isn't present. I mean, my current Fischl does 15k damage to nearby enemies on summoning Oz, and he hits for 4-5k per attack, and if you have C6 then he also attacks along with you as if he wasn't summoned, except with lightning element instead of physical (and for all characters, not just Fischl). He does so much more damage summoned (if there are enemies in range) that the damage loss from his C1 not being utilized is negligible.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I hate the "make friendly banter with Hillchurls" commissions because it deposits suspicious steaks that I can't get rid of unless I purposefully get someone killed, repeatedly. Why on earth would I use the worst possible resurrect food in any combat situation where I actually needed to resurrect someone in order to win?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
There's no way in hell I'm paying $5 a month for an extra 40 resin per day, but if it gave out fragile resins instead which I could save up and use when I felt like it I would probably consider it, if nothing else.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Due to all the event BP bonuses this period I'm at BP 47 now, and could easily be BP 48 if I bothered to aim for the 500k mora spent goal, 49 with boss/domain/leyline challenges . Finishing the pass almost 3 weeks before the next one comes out kinda makes the weekly exp limit seem pointless. At least I assume it's there to stop you from maxing out the BP too quickly, but what difference does those few days make when you can already finish it two weeks before deadline?

On the one hand, I like being able to finish the BP without having to complete every single mission for it, but on the other hand it's really boring going 2+ weeks without any BP targets to complete.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Rolled because I wanted a few Noelle constellations. After burning 10k primogems and 10 fates, the total was 1 Noelle constellation. Sigh. Also got Jean, which is kind of whatever at this point in the game for me. I didn't really want Ganyu because her trial didn't make her seem all that fun to play for me, and Jean probably won't see any use either, so... at least the game didn't give me my third Diluc I guess?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Uh, how long have the Elemental Trial stages been in the Temple of the Lion? Not that I've had any reason to check it past the story quest, but I'm surprised that I've never seen them before. But hey, I was broke so I'll gladly take the Mora and exp books.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I don't like Abyss because it has only two criteria for giving out rewards, either beating a timer or having a lot of HP left on a device you need to protect, both mechanics that I hate immensely. The main reason is probably that it makes me upset when the game's auto-target fucks up or you get stunlocked and killed, because it feels like an extra punishment on top. I like the combat in the game, but I don't like slogging through a fight for no reward, and that's something you have to do, repeatedly, until you finally beat that drat timer or manage to kill all the mobs before the device's HP reaches the cut-off point.

I do want the primogems and other rewards, but after getting to level 8 I just found that I didn't want them enough to bother redoing the same floor over and over again with nothing to show for it until the stars aligned.

I just wish this game had something I could do to gradually build up my characters that didn't require resin or a time-gated event.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Hyper Inferno posted:

Yeah, for just generic overworld stuff I've been doing just fine with 4 piece Blizzard and a prototype bow. Ganyu has a bit of trouble with the wooden/rock shield mobs but otherwise she cleans up in overworld exploration.

The two ways I've found it easiest to deal with them is to use her E to distract them, then charge up a shot and wait for them to lower their shields as they attack the flower. Alternatively you can drop the flower to distract them, run behind them and then hit them in the back of the head with a charge 1 shot. For some reason charge 2 shots get absorbed by the shield regardless of the direction the shield is facing, but charge 1 will hit just fine from behind, just as uncharged shots will. It definitely is more of a hassle than it is with unshielded mobs though.

On another note, Ganyu makes such short work of all the different Fatui mobs that I've started killing them on sight again. The gunners and geo casters take a while if they get their elemental shields up, but once you get her stats up she can easily murder them before they manage to shield up.

*Edit*

Oh, and the frost cicin mages are kind of a pain if they get their frost bubble up. Best to kill them quickly.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 19, 2021

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I had like 11 million Mora until they added the standard wishes for ascending characters. I've been perpetually broke since.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

congrats! you fell for it!

Hook, line and sinker.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Flair posted:

Not sure if this bug is old, but I recently saw it on Twitch as well as experienced it in game. For the air balloons that serve as target practice before spawning in a chest, if you previously have activated one before and gotten its chest, sometimes the air balloons look like they have respawned, but it is a visual bug. The target practice challenge has not respawned.

I think it's new, I saw one just today as well. Never come across it before.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I like Keqing, sub-optimal numbers and all, but I really wish she didn't have a playstyle that leaves her constantly out of stamina. She has a high-mobility playstyle but doesn't get anything to alleviate the stamina cost. Despite preferring to play her electro I'm half-tempted to farm up a Bloodstained Chivalry set for her just for the free charge attacks after defeating enemies. Just the stamina drain of constant dashing left to deal with then... but I guess at least there's a food item for that. Yay...

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

dogsicle posted:

banner info dropped in JP

Childe/Rosaria/Barb/Fischl

Skyward Harp/Lost Winds with Alley Hunter/Fav Codex, Sword, and Spear/Sac Claymore

https://twitter.com/Genshin_7/status/1378172905062813697?s=20

Already have Childe (and don't use him), already have both Barbara and Fischl at C6. I really want Rosaria, but I'm gonna have to skip this one I think.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I already have Ice Amber so I'm not really looking to invest in my Fire Amber at the moment.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
For the event arena stages I haven't bothered with the special effects and just kill the mobs normally. Was watching Enviosity's stream where he was doing today's challenge which has the AoE when attacking frozen enemies. He cleared the hardest difficulty with with just Barbara and Kaeya, both using level 1 grey weapons and no artifacts, and both chars are level 70'ish. The AoE effect is so powerful it basically clears the stage for you if you make use of it.

Maybe I should start paying attention to those effects after all....

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Already have Barbara and Fischl C6 as well as a Childe, so I did a single 10 pull and got another Fischl. I'm going to call it quits and give it another shot when there's a rerun, hopefully it'll be on a banner where I don't have the other 4 stars at C6 and the 5 star is someone i actually want.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Todays arena special is charged attacks do more damage and cost less stamina. It still doesn't make Keqing's stamina problems go away :v:

It seems more geared towards claymore users, I guess that's not surprising. Seeing my Noelle spin around critting for 46k during her ult was pretty fun though, not gonna lie :v:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
That's what I liked about the arena event. World mobs are so weak that you don't really feel like it's an actual battle when you engage them, but arena mobs have the HP and/or numbers to actually make the fight last long enough to feel like it's a proper fight. And this without my main complaint with Abyss, which is the strict time limit for max rewards on later stages and the god-awful "protect the leyline thingy".

Frankly, if Abyss was more like the arena event I'd be doing it every cycle, instead of like now where I just do up to the first leyline protection thing and then drop out.

As for world mobs, I'm kinda of two minds about them. On the one hand, them being weak makes it much more painless to just grind out the comissions quickly. On the other hand, if they could actually put up a little bit more of a fight then maybe fighting them wouldn't feel so much like pointless busywork and actually start feeling engaging. You do have the "tougher" mobs like Fatui agents, Lavachurls and such here and there, but it just feels like the world could use more of them so that Abyss wasn't the only place you could go for a real fight. While there are domains, most of them have annoying gimicks or hard elemental counters that you need to make a specific team for.

I've already cleared the arena, but I still pop by sometimes to do a few stages just because some of them are way more fun than any of the other fights in the game. I really hope they make it return every so often.

I guess what I want from the game is engaging fights that last a little bit, gives at least some reward and don't require specific team setups or counters. And preferably doesn't take 3 loading screens, forced co-op mode entry and/or babysitting a leyline device.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 10, 2021

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I found it pretty insignificant when using Diluc while I had Barbara with her E on the team, but without her or another healer it became annoying since I either had to hit up a statue or go into my bags to use healing food somwhat regularly, and using food after a fight just felt like it was costing me more in materials than the fight was getting me. Plus going through the bags all the time was annoying (NRE is a lifesaver there).

It's still dangerous if you're around those dendro casters though. Hoh boy that hurts.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I'm almost tempted to roll on Zhong Li in order to get his C2 since having to hold E is kind of a pain sometimes, but ~320 rolls for guaranteed C2 feels a bit too rich for the privilege.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I think it works as usual, you still get drops from a particular boss only once per week, but claiming the rewards from the first three bosses you kill in a given week costs only 30 resin. After that the cost goes up to 60 for the rest of the bosses. I guess it's kind of confusing when you're used to there being only 3 weekly bosses in the first place.