Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Osmosisch posted:

This is an incredibly minor thing, but would it be possible to take COVID out of the title? One of the many great things about this game is the way it gets me out of the news cycle.

I figured if it bothers me there might be others.

I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
the -culus locators are such a nice system

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Soothing Vapors posted:

if you guys aren't crafting a Dessicant Potion for Oceanid I highly recommend it -- 25% doesn't sound like all that much, but it unfailingly makes the fight much less annoying

having 5x of every resist potion is a good idea. there was a fight in the new quest that I didn't see coming and they absolutely saved my rear end

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

UltraRed posted:

What are people using to revive fallen characters? The best I've found is Noelle's Pancake specialty. 15% max Hp then + 550. Is there a better option?

I guess now that inventory stacking is a thing, making a hundred pancakes to get 12-13 of the specialty isn't a problem. the second best recipes I have are a couple of blues that do revive + 1500 hp.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
who do I put my xp books into?

constellations:

fischl c2
xiangling c3
venti c2
barbara c5
noelle c2
ningguang c2

right now my strategy for most fights is drop xiang and fischl's pets then switch to razor and jean and hit stuff while cycling their skills.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
any advice on what bows and artifacts fischl and venti should be using? I have:

sacrificial bow r2
favonius bow r3
one of every blue bow r5

fischl has a sharpshooter's oath a wanderer's troupe set to knock down robots and archers, and venti is using the favonius + instructor set

I also have a bow blank, are either of those worth forging?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Squiddycat posted:

I've been using Fish, Diluc, Chong, and Barbara for the entirety of the game, but I'm starting to realize that Barb is not a great choice because I almost never need the sheer amount of heals she provides

I do have Jean, is she a better slot?

the first time you use her to throw an assassin in a lake you'll know switching was the right decision

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
It would be cool if you could turn voices off in this game

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

dogsicle posted:

taking Venti into a random co-op event is just rude ngl, please think of your melee carries

is it just a matter of having the character you want to use in control when you start matchmaking? I did it once last night and wasn't really paying attention

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

dogsicle posted:

afaik it takes your first slot, not sure if you can swap during the preparation period but it would just be done via going into the party menu.

I just tried it again, it's whoever you're controlling at the time.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
only one month until the cool liyue wings...

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
is there a guide somewhere explaining who should get which BP weapons?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

S.J. posted:

Who are you wondering about?

mostly whether to make the black sword better or take the viridescent hunt. I have venti, childe, and fischl, and a r2 sacrificial and r3 favonius. jean is using the black sword.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
viridescent hunt it is, then!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I pulled 10x and got a razor which I wanted. pretty good.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Ashenai posted:

Tbf a lot of the dash quotes are annoying as gently caress (oh my god Venti shut up).

the reason I have voices off, permanently

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Nowhere did I say that it's an excuse - it isn't. I simply stated I believe their infosec is undermanned, because up until now, HI3 was out of focus enough (compared to stuff like FGO and others) that it could be. They need to upscale, yes, but it doesn't happen overnight.

their infosec being understaffed is absolutely negligent. they've had a long time to work on this, We'll Cross That Bridge When We Get There is not something you're allowed to do when you plan on taking personal/financial information

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Again, in no way I am saying it's not negligent. My original post was purely about the speed of said improvement, which some people severely underestimate.

(Yes, I know it would be ideal if they could predict correctly and upscale properly before this happened. Real life isn't ideal, and I say that as I work with CMS that was supposed to handle one or two small webs and now there's a behemoth of 30+ big news webs on it and it's an absolute mess. Hindsight is 20-20.)

what I'm saying is it was something they saw coming months or possibly years in advance, and they ignored it and launched with security holes you could drive a bus through

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
"exact same effects" don't stack.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
they launched a game where they take CC/email/phone numbers
the security is breathtakingly bad. right now you can find the email and phone number for an account by viewing the page source in your browser, if I understood that reddit thread
I don't think it's a hindsight thing

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
double anemo is why some people were saying it was possible to reach the island with 180 stamina, and others were saying they have over 200 and fell short even with amber on the team

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
is picking up barbara from the store a bad idea if it's her c6?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

gandlethorpe posted:

That's a lot of assumptions from a simple question. They could be wondering if her C6 is a good ability worth spending a bunch of premium currency on compared to what else you could get in the shop. Considering last month was loving Bennett, no, this is not likely a great use of starglitter.

I haven't used her outside the abyss since I got childe. I should have asked about bennett last month, lol

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

gandlethorpe posted:

It actually grows in "effective" EM the more EM you have, due to how much more it takes to add 40%.

this makes me feel better about my supports having lovely artifacts. xiangling and barb each have about 300 EM, so guoba+oz are doing ~3800 on just the overloads

then I look at childe and he's got flat zero EM. is that bad? it seems like it should be more than 0

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I found a rust in my inventory this morning, no idea when I pulled it. just after I got viridescent hunt to 80 too. it's actually funny to have like 6 level 80 bows

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I liked the deliveries, but this is the first day I've done them. a tall character + 2x anemo made them pretty painless. I get the PS4 complaints though, if the timer was running on a 30 second load screen I'd be pissed

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

any suggestions who I level up next?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

S.J. posted:

BEIDOU

dumb question but what role does she fill that razor and fischl don't? DPS or support?

Flair posted:

You mean to 90? Or do you mean to 80? If the former, whatever you use the most and/or helps you take on the abyss. If you mean the latter, I would level Xingqiu to 60 for his ascension and support. Depending on your team composition and to take on the abyss, you would think about leveling Kaeya and Chongyun to 50/60/70 since having ice for the electric fatuis might help, and you want levels to ensure their survival. Otherwise, your team roster overall seems fine, and perhaps minmaxing your artifacts should be your focus.

I'm not taking anyone past 80 yet, so xingqiu and a cryo support sound like good suggestions, thanks

Bussamove posted:

Ningguang.

she's dps right? what supports go with her?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

John Lee posted:

Hey, just wanted to thank the thread for answering my questions last time, I feel like I didn't do that (but I'm not going back to check) Grateful for everybody who chimed in! Now, I have another question:

I hear one can use Razor as a main, big DPS. Just swing a big ol' sword, summon your Stand, big damage. What's the actual deal with that? Just starting out, he was dealing big sword damage, AND doing good elemental combos with his low cooldowns and Xiang's Guoba-turret. Then he fell behind my Xiangling when she got Crescent Pike, and now she's behind my Tartaglia. Now up here at level 80 he's not doing great

Most pertinent question: Is it even worth building him for DPS with those two sitting around, or should I swap him out for somebody else (Diona, probably)?

Next: All I have for him is a Favonius Greatsword, but I hear for Big Deeps you obviously want the Aminus. I had high hopes for the upcoming ice greatsword, but it looks like it doesn't actually create the ice element, only gets better if you have it, so it's probably not as good? (Of course, I have no five-star weapons at all)

Finally: He's physical damage, so I just want to get a Bloodstained and a Gladiator's set on him, right?

razor/fischl/xiangling/healer is a really solid but not flashy team. throw down the pet skills, switch to razor, hit things, use whatever the healer has when you need it, rinse and repeat. stack xiangling and razor's bursts when you need to get rid of shields fast. the animus is absolutely worth it if you're going to use him. I still use 4 pieces of gladiator since it's such a common boss drop.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

zgrowler2 posted:

Any pro tips for nabbing crystalflies on mobile? The drat upward slant trajectory makes it to where I only have a tiny window to mash the collect prompt, and often by the time it comes up I'm far enough past the entity that it doesn't count. I get maybe half of the ones at the tree in Mondstadt, only have time to nab one at Guyun Stone Forest before the ones that are already way high up when I teleport in despawn. The two at Mingyun Village near teleport are my only lucky break if I remember to lure the slime out first so I don't get stunned off a wall.

using a tall character like kaeya or childe makes it so much easier

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

zgrowler2 posted:

ah gently caress my slot 1 is Klee, ffs I have Childe in slot 3 why have I been doing this to myself

thanks for the tip kind goon

I set up a travel team after I got the liyue treasure finder. bennett would probably be better than beidou because he covers claymore and pyro, but I was stupid and didn't buy him

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

S.J. posted:

Bennet is sword, not claymore, fwiw

thanks, I feel 3% less bad about not having him now

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

No Wave posted:

Venti does a ton of damage and after his ult the enemies are grouped. He's good even if your team is three Razors.

razor is great at hitting stuff in venti's burst. not really, but it's one of the places his hold skill works better than the tap

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
running the artifact domains is really discouraging. at least the weapon/ascension ones still guarantee progress if you roll poorly

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

that's cool I guess

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

RareAcumen posted:

Hit that button in the bottom right

I should have circled the amber banner

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

MarcusSA posted:

Do the monster stats increase when you do co-op?

HP goes way up, not sure about the other stats

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Got my first pity out off the normal banner, Qiqi. All the Razor guides on reddit are from before Diona came out, so I figured I'd ask here:

team 1: Razor, Fischl, Qiqi, Diona

It would have the cryo and electro resonances, a shield, and probably too much healing. but I have a rank 3 sac bow...

team 2: Razor, Xingqiu, Qiqi, Kaeya

Better freezing, but is adding another step (hydro) going to make things too complicated?

team 3: Razor, Fischl, Qiqi, Sucrose

Swirls? Sucrose is c0, but then again so is Diona

I have all 4* characters except Bennett. Other 5*s are Jean, Venti, and Childe.

Qiqi doesn't seem very good for a Childe team since he doesn't get the melee bonus. Chongyun is c1, but he's at level 20. New battlepass should be dropping soon though, right?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
they gave xinyan a good idle animation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Ytlaya posted:

I just noticed they increased the crabs/fish you can buy at the Liyue vendor from 5 to 10 (and also added eggs to what you can purchase from the guy who sells meat in Mondstadt).

there should be a character who shows egg locations on the minimap