Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

The White Dragon posted:

when programming inputs, allowing players to double up on input methods can lead to extremely horrible gamebreaking problems the likes of which nothing else in the world can create

Depending on how fast they can switch, it would be as simple as "press a key or move the mouse, switch to kb/m input. Press a controller button, switch to controller"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
help how do i genshin

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I've decided to give up on one of my accounts. AR35, all oculus found. Xiangling is C3, Xingqiu is C1, Noelle is C3, Ningguang is C1, Barbara is C2.

Find me in discord or send me a PM here if you want it!

Edit: Taken!

Lechtansi fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 16, 2020

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I’m such a spreadsheet person, I already have one for this game that helps me track what materials I need because my memory for that poo poo is real bad. Spreadsheets good yo.

Also, if you aren’t having fun, nobody is forcing you to play a certain way. Don’t like fischl? Skip her!

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Ytlaya posted:

Yay, I think my Keqing is now finally strong enough to do more damage as a carry than my Jean (did her fourth ascension today and leveled her to 70, plus leveling up one of her key artifacts). She has something like 1850 attack now.

One kind of awkward thing is that she seems to do more damage when her attacks aren't electric (likely due to Aquila Favonia's Physical bonus), so using her ability that makes your attacks afterwards change to electric seems to briefly weaken her.

Check out physical Keqing builds vs. Electro builds. They both work, you just gotta make sure you build & play it correctly.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Unfortunately since this game only released with the first two zones, out of 7, most people are spending their time doing the equivalent of grinding to level 100 in the starter town.

Once all the zones come out, this is going to be a 200+ hour quest and explore game, with 20 minutes a day dedicated to doing single room challenge encounters to get level up materials and artifacts. It’s a reasonable system to me (for a gatcha game).

If you don’t like the fact that all there is left to do is spend 150 resin per day, take a break until the next zones come out.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Mailer posted:

I sincerely doubt 200 hours of storyline content.

If this is reference to my post, I didn't meant to say 200 hours of storyline content. I meant 200 hours of questing + exploring. It took me maybe 50 hours to get through the whole story start to finish, including exploring for chests, doing domains, fighting bosses, etc. You can't just burn through the storyline anyways, it has AR requirements that you can only get to if you do side stuff as well.

If Mondstadt took maybe 20 hours, and Liyue 30, and all the remaining zones are of Liyue size, then you get (6*30)+20 which is 200. It's all tea leaves anyways, since it's not actually out, but assuming the game lives long enough to see all 7 zones complete, 200 hours isn't out of the question.

I do find it really loving bad pacing that you gotta grind inbetween story quests, maybe that will get fixed later if they add in more quests to the initial zones.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

RareAcumen posted:

Hi everyone, I'm sorry. I tried messing around with this and didn't think I was doing it right and stopped. I am too dumb to understand what I'm doing with that thing. If anyone wants more homework, put mine in and tell me what I should have their stats at by now. They're both lvl40 so I know I need to grind up more materials to lvl up and ascend them two more times at least but as for artifacts I'm trying to get Ningguang the full Archaic Petra set. Gotta get some more DPS so I don't immediately panic the second Razor dies and I have absolutely no one who can fight anymore.

As someone else pointed out, the numbers don't matter until AR40. Just make sure that your DPS carry is maxed out for your current AR (levels, talents and weapons) and has all ATK % artifacts. Supports are less critical to have maxed out, but getting them to the talent breakpoints (one star and four star) is a good place to start. Stacking ATK % on their artifacts except for someone like Sucrose (stack EM) and Diona/Barbara (stack HP)

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I don't really think theres a difference in "in world power levels" between the 4* and 5*. You have two gods (Zhongli and Venti), two obviously powerful people (Ningguang and Childe), and then a bunch of people with Visions who are a ton stronger than the average person. The traveler is impressed with Mona's power level, but it doesn't seem to me that she's any more powerful than the other vision holders.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Canopus250 posted:

So I'm thinking of grabbing the bow off the BP since I've pulled no 4 star ones so far. I've got the crafted Compound Bow and the Favonious Warbow otherwise. I have or could have the mats easily to level each bow/character to 60.

If I'm doing "best" from those three bows for Venti, Diona, and Fischl who should get what?

Compound and the BP bow are mostly for DPS, Favonius is good for Support. I would only pull the BP bow if you are running DPS.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

valuum posted:

I just became aware though, so it's A) is it possible and B) would I need to go all inn to max the BP now

Most of the weekly stuff is super doable, except the stuff that requires resin. You can even fight all the bosses and world bosses without costing any resin. Battle pass is basically there to give you a weekly goal in the absence of story content. If that’s your jam, do it. Otherwise skip it.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Mailer posted:

Once Kaeya has a banner and a cryo set (and we stop having herpderp pyro meta) I feel like he's going to be leading at least an Abyss B team. The problem is we're probably going to get a better cryo support/carry before he gets that chance. :/

I feel like mihoyo backed themselves into a corner with the way they designed elemental reactions. Unless they change the numbers (they won't), pyro is always going to be the strongest. The only thing that might shake it is if characters come out and their skills interact with it in new ways that become the new meta.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

gandlethorpe posted:

Is it just me or are whales really bad at this game? Even the ones who sound like they know what they're talking about

It's really easy to be bad at the game when you have a C6 Diluc, C6 Klee, C6 Venti and C6 Jean as your main team. I guarantee the guy who did Abyss 12 with the F2P team knows more about the game than all the whales combined.

awesmoe posted:

i dont really get how they could release stormterror and be like "yes this neck-climbing thing where you clip through him and fall off if your character moves half an inch while attacking is totally awesome and exactly what we want from a bossfight"
e: the only redeeming feature of the fight is that you only have to do it once a week

TBF this only started happening in 1.1. I imagine it will get fixed in 1.2.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Cobalt-60 posted:

2 questions.

1. If you pull a 5-star before 70, does that reset the pity effect? Got Jean at 50 but still wishing for Diluc. Also, does the 90 pull 5-star guarantee only apply to the limted time banners?

2. I'm at adventurer level 31, with no quests anywhere and the map almost fully explored. How do I get to level 35 for the next quest?

There are definitely some stretches in this game where there aren't enough quests and you have to go farm for a few days. AR30-35 is one of them. It's a major flaw in the game that I hope they fix over time.

Once you hit AR35 though, the content stops. Literally all there is to do is farm overworld mats, domains and abyss until the next content drops. If you treat this like a early access game and just stop when the content stops, you won't burn out on farming.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Gameko posted:

That being said I play it for 60m a day so....

EDIT: I guess the current BP period ended? I have trouble getting the thing above level 40 or so during a given period.

You can finish the BP with lots of time left over if you do all of it, which isn't that hard if you are logging in daily.

Here's my daily rotation:

Comissions
4x leylines (don't turn in if you are spending resin on domains/bosses)
3x domains (I'll actually run 9 domains if i'm spending resin on it, if not I only run 3 and I don't turn in)
2x bosses (don't spend resin etc etc)
Ores

This takes me about an hour each day. With the event BP I got to BP 50 with two weeks left to spare.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

No Wave posted:

From what I've heard the new area actually has a ton of content, much more than the last release.

1.1 didn't include a new area, it was just a few quests to finish Liyue and then the story quests for the new characters. This is a whole new area, new quests, new domains, new artifacts, new characters, new enemies, new events, etc.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
On one hand, gating the talent tree behind thousands of dollars sucks, on the other hand you don't actually need any of those skill points to beat any of the hardest content.

PCGamer still sucks though.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Boris Galerkin posted:

Thanks. I guess I’m around 50 for the limited time banner and ~65 for the permanent.

Should I buy Fischl’s C1 with star glitter? I remember hearing how she was good and all but I’ve been dumping all my exp and artifacts into Klee and Qiqi so I haven’t really used anyone else. Here’s my team with constellation levels in red fwiw:

What sucks about resources being scarce (not just character stuff, but weapons and artifacts too) is that I don’t really have anything to spare to build up these random characters to a level that they’re actually useful.

Are you going to pull any more on Albedo's banner? If you want Fischl c1 you will probably get it if you are going to spend any more on the banner. If you do spend and don't get it, you can always buy her off the shop at the end of the month.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

RareAcumen posted:

Hi I'm the idiot that hadn't been doing world bosses this whole time until like 2 weeks ago because I thought I wouldn't be able to beat them.

Bennet is lvl 60 now but this is accurate otherwise.

I tried the lvl 80 Childe fight and he killed 3/4s of my team and I clutched it out with Ningguang because he had like 2000 health left by then. So, I won but he could've absolultely taken it if I'd made just a few more mistakes. Any roster advice I could use instead to be in a better position next week? Otherwise I'll just bring Ningguang or Bennet in for a co-op one instead.

Other people can give you specific advice about the Childe fight and specific comps that are good for it, but AFAIK you aren't doing yourself any favors by having both Ning and Razor on the team. Razor wants to be out and you only swap to others for their bursts and Nings burst does damage but she has to be out for the entire duration of it.

Depending on your preference, you could swap in Xiangling for her pyronado Ult and gouda, both would work well with Razor since he's melee. You would have to get up close to use XL and XQ's bursts and thats not amazing with Ningguang.

You could also level Sucrose and get her a VV set, as she is a monster for providing bonus damage.

If you wanted to fight right now I would do Razor / Xiangling / Bennett / Xingqiu. You could swap in Sucrose for XL once Sucrose is level 60.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Squiddycat posted:

I haven't played the game for exactly a month, and it already feels like I missed way to much to try to start playing again

the only thing you missed was an event, commission primos and whatever you would have spent your resin on. Technically you missed rolling for two characters but theres no guarantee you would have gotten those anyways.

This is basically a single player game with a character grind and some mobile dungeons bolted onto it, you aren't in any rush. In fact, you might have picked the optimal way to play because there isn't enough content in between patches to sustain 3 months of gameplay.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

fabiopenz posted:

So I finally decided to start using childe. If I don't want to buy BP and my only 4* bows without an owner are favonius and the craftables is it worth it to roll one of the weapon gatchas?

I know you said you don't want to buy BP, but there's no way you could roll his good bow with $10 worth of primogems and you get a LOT for your :10bux: for the BP. Getting one of his BIS weapons is just a bonus to all the other good stuff you get.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

CJ posted:

Please don't think i was watching a Tectone video for pull advice. I was just curious if i was wrong in thinknig that most people have most of the 4* characters already. Given how lucky i have been with 5*s i wanted to make sure i wasn't an outlier with the 4*s as well and the average player wasn't missing half the the roster or something.

I started a month late, have only done the most tiny baby whaling (welkin + bp + $60 in gems) and I'm only missing Beidou. It wouldn't be too much to assume an absolute F2P player starting from the beginning would be in a similar place, even someone who started 2 months late would only be missing the characters from the first two banners (2 of which have already been repeated and 3 are on the next banner).

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I can't imagine playing this game with KB/M for the simple fact that they don't let you invert the mouse. Seriously don't make me break almost 30 years of muscle memory.

Aside from Ganyu, the game plays real smooth with controller (well the menus suck but after months of playing i've finally gotten used to it). Switching inputs is hard though, theres too much muscle memory built up for one particular way. Hell even trying to main Ganyu after putting in hundreds of hours on Keqing feels weird

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

padijun posted:

is there a calculator where I can plug in crit rate/crit damage/attack to compare two weapons? I don't know if the skyward pride + crit% is better than the serpent spine + crit damage

I can't vouch for the math being perfect, because I don't know enough about how the game works, but i've been using this one and it looks right to me https://genshinimpactcalculator.com/genshinCalc

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Dom is Here posted:

I'm sure it was posted fairly recently in the thread but can someone be a dear and link that build guide spreadsheet again?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/edit#gid=2001372201

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

King of Bleh posted:

What I find silly about Wolvendom is that it's described in-game as if it's this large untamed wilderness area, but it's absolutely tiny. There's very little to it other than the boss arena and the dirt path that leads to it.

If we assume that their day is actually 24 hours like ours, the fact that a day passes in 30 minutes game time means distances are greatly compressed. like, it might take several hours of real time to walk from the waypoint to the wolf arena.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

RareAcumen posted:

We should brigade every survey telling them to stop making events where enemies stop dropping materials.

There's no reason we shouldn't have also gotten some gems or the unique cube drops from fighting these things too. Not the same as the overworld ones because then people would just co-op these things to death for all of the characters that use them, but it should've been more than zero at least.

This is a bad idea OP - putting anything infinitely farmable will cause people with brainworms to farm to literal death. Look up "farming the random event" guide if you dont believe me.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Weekly reminder that the game is not designed to be infinitely replayable outside of abyss. It's designed to be a BOTW-alike where you have all 7 nations worth of content to explore and then you beat the game and put it away. The fact that they released it with only 2 nations but with "live" elements (new characters coming out every 3 weeks, daily login bonuses, daily resin, etc) has left the entire playerbase confused as to where the content is.

I think the best way to interact with Genshin is to treat it like early access. I would personally put it away and come back in 3 years if i expected the game to actually be finished (they have no incentive to finish it, since they've made all their money already).

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

YES bread posted:

I don't think Genshin is at all "confusing" unless you're completely new to the concept of gacha/live service games. The content drip is deliberate to keep people engaged and logging in, it will never be a "complete" game that you finish and then put down as there will always be new content and events on the horizon. This kind of thing isn't exactly a new concept in video games.

You just made my point - Genshin isn't designed as a live service game. There is no content drip to keep you logging in - that's why there are no respawning chests or anything else you keep you interested past the last story mission and the last area to explore. The only thing that respawns are things that you spend resin on and take like, 10 minutes per day. Mihoyo wanted to make a standalone AAA game but also wanted gacha/live service elements and neither really works.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Corla Plankun posted:

My C6 Fischl with a level 85 R5 Slingshot feels really awesome and pumps out a ton of damage, but I just pulled Rust. Is Rust on Fischl good enough to throw away all my work on Slingshot?

If it helps you can feed the slingshot to rust and get most of the XP back. The game dumps slingshots on you, so all that you lose is the mulch XP cost.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Stare-Out posted:

Man, the real downside of playing this game F2P is resin. So frequently there comes a point where you can do gently caress-all without it. 120 per 16 hours is way too harsh.

Even if you whale there is still gently caress all to do. The game runs out of content at AR 40, everything past that is just squeezing blood from a stone.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Ytlaya posted:

That actually seems kind of overpowered compared with most other resonance buffs (except maybe Cryo).

The downside is you need two Geo characters in the party, who do poo poo all for damage outside of Ning.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

The Crusher posted:

If you're starting fresh out the gate, there is a lot of content. The main story quests are lengthy, however they are gated by Aventure Level (basically your account level) requirements which means you will need to play daily to access it. The world map is massive and offers a very breath of the wild feeling to explore. Chests, puzzles, and monsters are littered across the map making every few steps feel like a treasure hunt. It has enough content that a F2P person will be satisfied for 30+ hours easily.

If you've played the game since launch, the content feels a bit dry. Once you've purged the map of a majority of treasure chests, fulfilled every side/main quest, explored every map zone, then you don't have much to do until new event quests (like the picture taking one going on now) or main quests (usually added monthly). End game content is basically:
-Use your resin (the stamina in the game)
-Do 4 daily commissions
-Do weekly things like bosses or reputation quests
-Complete the highest floor of Spiral Abyss (bi-weekly "end game" challenge that gives rewards)
It's a great game and anyone stepping into it right now will be overwhelmed. But once you do it all, you kind of just do nothing but get stronger for no reason.

Just to clarify something - none of the content in the game is gated behind paying for anything. The only thing thats gated is fancy characters and weapons. The gatcha characters and weapons are more powerful than the stuff you will just get just by playing the game, but that additional power is not needed to finish what's currently available. The only thing that the extra power is even remotely needed for is the end-game scaling dungeon, and even then people have completed it using only the "f2p" characters and weapons you get by playing the story.

Even then, you still get 20 or 30 pulls from the gatcha per month for free, netting you 2-3 new characters or weapons. So if you've been playing since the beginning and have spent $0, you will have a nice large roster of gatcha characters and weapons to choose from. You might not have everyone, and you might not have the latest released character (unless you saved up), but you won't be stuck with the 7 story characters forever.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
To be clear on the math, paying $5 for the Welkin Moon gets you 3,000 primos. In order to get that same amount of primos buying from the cash shop you would need to pay $45. Buying from the cash shop is only for people who have run out of yachts to buy and they need something else to waste their money on.

I don't mind spending $12 a month on this game, so thats Welkin + Battlepass. Plus having the battlepass makes the endgame actually rewarding, so thats an extra bonus.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Stare-Out posted:

I've gone F2P all the way since around early October and I only have Klee C1, Ganyu C0, and two 5* weapons (sword and claymore) so far. The thing is that the game doesn't make me feel like I could've done any better if I'd dumped money into it to the point where I'm surprised I even got those characters. So it's either that they're really generous to the F2P folks or haven't thought their mtx through at all. I'm leaning towards the latter.

E: They could've at least enticed me to pay actual money for characters and weapons but they just.. haven't.

You aren't paying for power in this game, you are paying for waifus.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Stare-Out posted:

I hope it doesn't get scummier, because they could realize they have a hit on their hands and do better with all of the monetization but I doubt they will. Like I said, so far it's been surprisingly light on that stuff to the point where someone like me can only wonder why have mtx in it at all.

I think its the opposite - they are at their max scummy right now because their whales are still fresh. Once the whales start to burn out they will entice the F2P players to spend by making the deals better.

You can already see that because they added fragile resin to the battlepass. In the past they wanted whales to spend their primos on resin, but that time has passed so now they are handing it out cheaper.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Pain of Mind posted:

I am fundamentally opposed to paying for gacha stuff because my brain just cannot accept the lack of value your money gives. Even the best option in the Welkin pass is still terrible when you factor in what you are actually getting out of it, it just looks best because the other options are even more terrible. It feels like the value is obfuscated because you are buying big numbers where 3000 primogems sounds like a lot, but it is really just 18.75 rolls, and that is the best option by far. Same with the battle pass for exp books or whatever - wow you get a lot of books, but since it takes so much to level someone each book individually has very little value. I know lots of people think it is worth paying so money for stuff and that is fine, but my brain just hard-locks when you translate the $ into what you actually get in-game with it.

I think about it differently - I think of it as "how much am I paying to play this game, per hour." My gold standard is $1 per hour - so If I bought genshin at the store for $60, I would have expected to get 60 hours out of it. I easily get 12 hours per month of playtime out of this game, so for me paying $12 per month is easy. I just consider everything extra I get in return a bonus.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

TVs Ian posted:

Ugh, I started playing a couple of weeks ago, and I had been pretty much cruising through until I hit adventurer level 30 today and they bumped my world level up again.

I think my problem has been that I was spreading my xp items across too many characters (no 5*s yet, and for some reason a ton of pyro), so I've got a bunch of 40s and near 40s, only 2 that are ascended past that, and suddenly everything is 40+. Now I'm not really sure what to do.

Post your characters, we can tell you who to level past 40.

Spreading yourself too thin is a common mistake and easily redeemable at your level, you just have to commit to a "main" team. Usually 1 carry + 2 supports/subdps + healer.

5*s are nice to have, but definitely not necessary. You will acquire them over time as you roll and hit pity.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

TVs Ian posted:

Sure, aside from the Traveler (C4 on both Geo & Anemo) and the other freebies: Xiangling (C3), Barbara (C1), Xingqiu (C1), Bennett, Beidou, Noelle, Sucrose, and Xinyan. Anyone not specified is C0.

As other people have said, Xiangling, Bennett, Xingqiu and Sucrose are the most versatile characters you have. Sucrose isn't amazing until you get the Viridescent Venerer set, but easily outclasses all the other characters you have to support Xiangling.

Basically, if you pop Bennetts ult, and then mix XQ and XL ults, you are going to destroy everything and be invincible. Add in a swirl (or even her ult) from Sucrose and you are all set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

RareAcumen posted:

Well drat, I heard that having and using Qiqi basically makes you immortal, but Bennet and Jean are better? I've gotta buff his healing bonus artifact soon.

I finally started upgrading artifacts again and I burned away 600k mora in no time, It's crazy how fast you can burn through money in this game, coming from single player ones where going broke is an active effort you have to make, like DQ11 or Yakuza.

Qiqi is the best healer, but that's all she does. Bennett and Jean are healers but also do other, amazing things.