Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

well this is your chance!

I did a version of this giveaway once before with excellent results. I have a new batch of stickers and the time has come to distribute them! in particular, since http://chillinternet.club is back up and running, stickers can be placed with confidence that they might lead the curious back to our little subforum.

there are a few more stickers up for grabs than last time, but still a limited quantity. so, to be fair, and because it's kinda fun, they will be allocated via a contest-ish thing.

DA RULEZ:
  1. if you want a sticker, post ITT with one (or more) proposals for what you would do with it.
  2. a few stickers will be awarded based on things like the :rznv:ness or ambitiousness or craziness of the proposal. the rest will be allocated via a random drawing. note that just saying "I want a sticker" is not enough to be entered in the drawing, you still have to include a sticker placement idea! also multiple proposals are welcome but do not earn extra chances in the random drawing.
  3. since we have plenty of non-US yobbers, I am removing the US-only restriction (he said nervously).
  4. in order to send you a sticker I will need a mailing address (sent via pm or email or whatever). I know privacy is a concern to some and last time around I was able to make alternative arrangements for one or two people. if this is your situation we can try to work something out but I can't guarantee it, also you will have to share an address with somebody, I don't see any way around that.
  5. I'm not placing limits on eligibility, if you got one last time you are eligible for another. however when it comes to the non-random awards I will probably try to favor people who have not received one yet.
  6. if you want to post an idea but know you don't want a sticker, include a comment to that effect and you won't be entered in the lottery.

the duration of the contest will depend on circumstances but I won't conduct the random drawing for at least a week (i.e. if you post by midnight EST on Friday 11/20 you will be sure to be entered in the drawing).

I can't wait to see your ideas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i would put some on bulletin boards and signs around town, but also, put glue on top to make them as permanent as possible.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

TedHornsby

Refined Taste
I want to put one on my hard hat or possibly tool box. Ooh! I've got a tool box I hot glued a (fake) little sunflower to. It would look cute af on that.

pseudorandom

Do you know how resistant to water they are? I'd probably want to slap one on my water bottle, and also possibly on a lamp post or somewhere chill where stickers seem accepted.

SIDS Vicious

im gonna put it right on the municipal building

Manifisto

pseudorandom posted:

Do you know how resistant to water they are? I'd probably want to slap one on my water bottle, and also possibly on a lamp post or somewhere chill where stickers seem accepted.

they are vinyl so the sticker itself should be pretty water resistant. as to how well the adhesive holds up, maybe one of the winners of the last round could report? cleaning the surface with alcohol or whatever and letting it dry before placing the sticker will help with adhesiveness I'm guessing.

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i would put the sticker on a fridge but give no explanation as to where it came from

Ass-penny

Gonna put a hammock cat on the stop sign at the end of the block, so my neighbors can find a chill place on the internet.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
My mom drives a school bus. I would stick it on the flashy stop sign that extends out during stops

BYOB needs more tweens

Areola Grande

also I will rearrange the letters on the flashy sign to say POST instead of STOP, in the spirit of the yob philosophy

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i would put it directly next to my "chill button" laptop sticker that flaffiedackie sent me on the wall of my desk and i would look at it and smile every time i smonked a fat weed

Stoner Sloth

i would put it on my car so that in traffic when people are getting angry they can look and see there is a chill place to be and maybe once they have finished driving they will come join us and post!!

also it might pacify any police officers, leaving me free to get away with more crimes per day

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Bingo Bango

I will also put it on my car, but my car is a Subaru aka the chillest car on the road today. It will enhance the chillness of my vehicle and I will bring good vibes to everyone on the road.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I'll put it on my dog's water dish so he can get used to cats.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I'll either put it on my motorcycle helmet or maybe the student refrigerator at the law school where I work. Speaking from experience, law students really need to chill once in a while.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

prepuce repurposed posted:

also I will rearrange the letters on the flashy sign to say POST instead of STOP, in the spirit of the yob philosophy

How Wonderful! posted:

I'll put it on my dog's water dish so he can get used to cats.

these guys need stickers imo

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Areola Grande

:patriot: my life 4 this comedy subforum

(and my mom's reputation at the bus yard)

xcheopis

I will put it on the box containing Tanuki's ashes.

Escape From Noise

I would slap that bad girl and/or boy on maybe a vending machine? Hm. Need to think about this

Escape From Noise

Okay. New idea. I take the sticker to the people at the Maneki Neko museum in Okayama

Manifisto

some outstanding and very :byob1: ideas in here so far!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i'll post it over by the docks to attract both sailors and a variety of pretty posting fishies as well

more falafel please

forums poster

im gonna slap that chill motherfucker on a cabinet in my basement wood shop so I can remember when I get frustrated by dados or scrub planes or undersized plywood that it's all cool cause I can always post with pals when I'm done

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

It's going next to the other one above my bed. He needs a friend. He is lonely. He works hard keeping me safe while I sleep and transmits good dreams into my brain. Dreams with Goku in them, dreams of me posting in BYOB and having my post quoted in the Good Posts thread. He does this all just for me. What a hero. It's hard work for just one hammock kitten. Please, with just this one action, you can make his hard, important work that much easier, that much less lonely. Won't you find it in your heart to give this solitary dream guardian a new friend? I look at him and see that he still has so much more love to give, more than enough love for me, and a million more hammock kittens.

Think of my friend. Think of his selflessness. He has made my dreams beautiful; now help HIS dreams come true.

The power is in your hands.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 14, 2020

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

TedHornsby posted:

I want to put one on my hard hat

YES. Especially if you're a foreman and people will feel like they should maintain eye contact when you're serioustalking them.

Manifisto

q: what did the kitten sticker say to the pot sticker?

a: sorry, friend, kitten stickers don't talk. unless you smoke enough weed perhaps? this may require some experimentation, you'll need a kitten sticker though, obviously. and plenty of pot stickers. hmm, now I'm hungry for pot stickers :smith: tomorrow maybe? :unsmith:

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

well, the provisional deadline of 11/20 has passed, and we have not seen new submissions for a while, so it's time to distribute some stickers! fortunately, there are enough stickers to cover everyone who made a proposal itt, so there's no need for a random lottery. hammock kitten stickers for everyone (who posted)!! :toot:

to claim your sticker, please pm or email me a mailing address (my email is manyfisted at gmail dot com). if you want to talk about alternative arrangements, let me know and we can see what we might be able to work out.

the best part of the last thread, for me, was people posting photos of their placements. if you're able to document your sticker in place that would be amazing! if you can't, well, it is still :rznv: to know that the stickers are out in the world.

if you decide you don't want a sticker after all, please let me know (again, pm or email is fine). otherwise, if you requested a sticker and I haven't heard from you in a week or so, I'll probably contact you just to follow up.

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

:peanut: pming u rn

Ass-penny

E-mailed.

Stoner Sloth

pm'd

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Bingo Bango

Hooray! PM sent

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
PM sent. :nudesnail:

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

late to the party, i definitely need one for the RV and I will photo-doc that poo poo for eels

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Manifisto

Pahilla the Hun posted:

late to the party, i definitely need one for the RV and I will photo-doc that poo poo for eels

you somehow slipped under the wire on a technicality! send me an address.

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

I lied about my plans for the sticker. I'm actually planning to mail it to ButtTheShitManFart. He pm'd me his irl address

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

Oh poo poo Pahilla in the house :whatup:

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

rear end-penny posted:

Oh poo poo Pahilla in the house :whatup:

yeah baby :hfive: sorry we did not make it to the twin cities this summer but will head up there when it's warmer for shizzle my rear end-pennyizzle

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

yeah baby :hfive: sorry we did not make it to the twin cities this summer but will head up there when it's warmer for shizzle my rear end-pennyizzle

Yeah weather and pandemic reasons are p understandable. On the flip homie.

Ass-penny

I got my sticker today! :peanut:

Unfortunately it's cold as balls here and will be for 3 or 4 more months but just as soon as spring makes it to me I'll put it on a stop sign and document that.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

rear end-penny posted:

I got my sticker today! :peanut:

Unfortunately it's cold as balls here and will be for 3 or 4 more months but just as soon as spring makes it to me I'll put it on a stop sign and document that.

yay! I was slow in getting them out but they have been slow to arrive too, I'm glad it came! I look forward to seeing your placement.