Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
LINK TO THE PICK SPREADSHEET

:siren: (please read rules below how v.6 of BYOGM will work) :siren:

(If you’d like to go back and look at the 2019 BYOGM, it should be on the front 1st or 2nd page of SAS at this moment. Too lazy to link at the moment. 2018 BYOGM: v.4 thread, it can be found right here, with 2017 here, as well as BYOGM: v.2 and BYOGM: v.1.)

What is BYOGM? Most of you know what it is, but if you are new to it, it's an annual or semi-annual forum game where we draft players in the NBA and construct our own teams. The first few editions were serpentine drafts, the next couple were auction drafts, and we did a keeper draft the last few years that may or may not continue. All were great fun. Please join! This particular one will be a serpentine draft again, but with a twist.

• It will be similar to BYOGM v.2 draft where we did a simple serpentine draft with a random country our teams will be from. BYOGM v.2 was the Philippines, so let's visit somewhere different! Please suggest some countries and I will randomize city names and team names. If there is a consensus country you guys would like, I'm down.

• The serpentine draft will be in two phases. The 2020 Rookie Draft phase and the 2020 Free Agents Phase. The 2020 Draft will only include rookies that are eligible to be drafted. The free agents pool is the rest of the NBA that will be in one big pool.

• It's not an entirely fair system but since this is for fun, anybody who is slotted 1-14 in the NBA Rookie Draft portion will be slotted randomly 15-30 in the 2020 Free Agent part and vice versa. Obviously a 1st pick rookie is not equal to the 1st pick of the Free Agent pool but the fun of drafting first is the incentive.

• Your time to pick players is 4 hours. From midnight 'til 8 am is a grace period, however, if you know somebody is up before you and will be around, you can PM the pick(s) and they will post for you. I will also post it for you if I'm around. Picks can still be made or sent in through that time, it just won't count against anybody's time.

• Three simple things I discourage in these games: Gimmick teams, if you have a general theme or identity that's totally fine, please don't draft *lovely 3rd string PG* with the 2nd overall pick though. Please do not name drop players until after they are drafted. Also the pool of players will be players who are on active rosters OR played in the NBA last (2020) season. No Dirk or Kobe picks obviously.

• There will be 15 rounds total. 2 in the NBA Rookie Draft portion with 2 rookies for each team, and 13 rounds in the Free Agent draft.

• You ARE able to trade picks/players in this version, but it must be equal trades. NBA Rookie picks cannot be traded but the players can be included in trades in the Rookie Draft or in Free Agent trades. The picks in the Free Agent part can be traded before picks are made, but again it must be 2 for 2 or 3 for 3 sort of trades.

Confirm in thread that you would like to be in this. Thanks!

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
TEAMS/PLAYERS (29/30):

1. Deadbeat Dad
2. tanglewood1420
3. Doltos
4. china klay
5. BWV
6. IcePhoenix
7. Bloach
8. Carlosologist
9. DC Murderverse
10. Drunk Canuck
11. ScooterMcTiny
12. Fast Luck
13. Veryslightlymad
14. G-Hawk
15. Michael Corleone
16. xbilkis
17. alansmithee
18. Gerund
19. kingcobweb
20. tadashi
21. Salvor_Hardin
22. gently caress COREY PERRY
23. Paul Zuvella
24. ButtWolf
25. Punkin Spunkin
26. Brogeoisie
27. I Before E
28. DeimosRising
29. Quizzlefish

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 20, 2020

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I'm in for this

Country suggestion: India

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm in and would prefer if we all roleplayed serbia

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I'm IN

Deadbeat Dad posted:

No Dirk or Kobe picks obviously.

both would be a big liability on defense anyway.

Doltos posted:

I'm in and would prefer if we all roleplayed serbia

Or a former Yugoslavia super-league.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll do another draft sure

china klay
Jul 4, 2018
In.

Bloach
May 23, 2005

Bloachie Bad Azz
count me in

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m down to run Philly again. Maybe I’ll go back to back :v:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’m in and would like to continue my reign as the god-ruler of the Memphis Grizzles

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

My Mavericks.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Definitely in as Pacers

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'll sign up again but how does this work exactly, like, is it basically a mock draft, and we can value whatever we choose, and then it's over? I admit i'm gonig to really miss the previous one with long-term team building if it's done.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I love these so much so I’m back in

I suggest our “country” be the Warsaw Pact so we can all live out our commieball fantasies.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

BWV posted:

I'm IN

both would be a big liability on defense anyway.

Or a former Yugoslavia super-league.

I can’t believe I was beaten twice kind of lol

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Sure, I'll sign up. Can't go worse than last time. Though, everyone gave me poo poo for Rondo and the most charitable comment about my Rondo pick was "I dunno what he's going to be like in five years." I'll tell you what he was like in five years, mother fuckers, he was an NBA champion.

........ please don't look at the rest of my objectively bad picks.....

Let us be a league of micronations, as opposed to one country/region.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i'm in

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Back.

Yeah they said some poo poo about me paying PG13 a lot a few years ago too, but look at him now Season 5 Finals MVP!

*slips DBD a fiver for the first pick in the veteran draft*

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 13, 2020

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Michael Corleone posted:

Back.

Yeah they said some poo poo about me paying PG13 a lot a few years ago too, but look at him now Season 5 Finals MVP!

*slips DBD a fiver for the first pick in the veteran draft*

The sims never understand that some players are Soft and can’t win The Big Game

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am in.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Some of you really need to read the rules as far as how this will go with teams and how the drafting will go! I think it's all explained there :)

edit: 14 spots left. Tell your friends!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I had Zhaire Smith locked up for 3 more years. It's hard to let go of something like that

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

I can’t believe I was beaten twice kind of lol

A league of learned slavophiles.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Screw the rules, I want to win.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Drunk Canuck posted:

Screw the rules, I want to win.

Rules suck, I say we combine the best player on our keeper teams and #wrecktheleague Got Luka and a ton of young guns under contract for 2 years! I break all the rules!

Ten bux should get me that first pick ;)

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Sure I'm up for this. Hopefully this time my entire offense won't get injured in the conference finals.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

This looks very fun, lets try it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Sign me up

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
11 spots left!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Me

Let's play in Andorra

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm in! the last one was a blast. Thanks again for the legwork DBD.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

i'm down for my first SAS game in like a decade, count me in

i vote we have two conferences, the guinea conference and the equatorial guinea conference

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I’m in!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
7 spots left.

I would like to attempt the Rookie Draft a day or two before the actual draft (?) so I might go with however many spots we have by Monday night (tmrw night) but we can also be patient with it :)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I have no power or computer, so if my cell goes out, I might have to withdraw.

If I don't say I'm good by like, 5PM tomorrow, assume I had to forfeit

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm in. Are there 30 cities in Luxembourg?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Veryslightlymad posted:

I have no power or computer, so if my cell goes out, I might have to withdraw.

If I don't say I'm good by like, 5PM tomorrow, assume I had to forfeit

Well there's no actual confirmed date yet if it's just a temporary thing, so if it is you should be fine! And can accomodate/start after draft as well, not the biggest deal. Unless you anticipate that problem being a long term thing!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think there's any harm in us starting after the actual draft. There's so much variance in opinions that I feel like it won't have a meaningful affect on our draft.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't think there's any harm in us starting after the actual draft. There's so much variance in opinions that I feel like it won't have a meaningful affect on our draft.

That is true, the only reason I wanted to do it before was to see if there was any Actual Geniuses here and just for fun, but yeah, there's no rush at all either and can easily start sometime later in the week provided it takes a few more days to fill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

ButtWolf posted:

I'm in. Are there 30 cities in Luxembourg?

30 different neighborhoods maybe