Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I will not stand for this anti-Moravian racism. The 26th pick is a slap in the face and in response we are now sticking our local dragon on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Are we allowed to trade picks? Because i'm open to trade my pick.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Heartbreakers got the 9th pick, not too shabby. I always pick up the phone (pms) if anyone wants to do business though!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Oh no, I got the cursed Knicks colors.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

hell yeah Bulgaria, immortals gonna run this bitch

boo 15th pick, middle of a serpentine is always boring

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

We're starting a war against Budapest

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Bucharest is the team closest to me and therefore they are A gently caress

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

The Prague Spires are very interested in implementing the immortal science of Triangle-Jacksonism

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Tirana dares to be the only team further south in the Balkans than Sofia and for that transgression they shall pay in blood basketball

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My team is literally called the Marxists

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

hell yeah Bulgaria, immortals gonna run this bitch

boo 15th pick, middle of a serpentine is always boring

looks like the rookie draft isn't a serpentine, and I think the pro draft is going to be re-randomized in groups based on where you were in the rookie draft

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
krakow only makes me think of one thing

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I am extremely down with being the Nizhny Novgorod Red Deer.

I am extremely not down with getting a bottom-of-the-first-half pick in the rookie draft.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

kingcobweb posted:

krakow only makes me think of one thing

Wait did I not sign up lol? At least my theme got picked...

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I am extremely down with being the Nizhny Novgorod Red Deer.

I am extremely not down with getting a bottom-of-the-first-half pick in the rookie draft.

That means you pick earlier in the better draft. Who the hell wants to pick 10th in this poo poo rookie draft?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 19, 2020

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
mascot deployed

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

FROM THE DESK OF SERGIE "I BEFORE E" YOVKOV, PTBC PRESIDENT OF BASKETBALL OPERATIONS

Through the centuries, Plovdiv has been a site of conflict. The Thracians, the Greeks, the Ottomans, all found this soil so valuable that they fought and died for it. Now, we find ourselves not in a warlike struggle, but in a peacetime struggle. In this new age of the Warsaw Pact Basketball Alliance, we will battle not with balls of grapeshot, but with the balls graciously provided to us by the Spalding corporation. We will enter the battlefield not as bitter enemies, but as honest competitors, building the future of our nations on a foundation of sportsmanship and mutual respect. May our jump shots fly true, and our passes reach their targets, in this new era of basketball.

Good Health,
Sergie Yovkov, PBO, PTBC

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

I Before E posted:

FROM THE DESK OF SERGIE "I BEFORE E" YOVKOV, PTBC PRESIDENT OF BASKETBALL OPERATIONS

Through the centuries, Plovdiv has been a site of conflict. The Thracians, the Greeks, the Ottomans, all found this soil so valuable that they fought and died for it. Now, we find ourselves not in a warlike struggle, but in a peacetime struggle. In this new age of the Warsaw Pact Basketball Alliance, we will battle not with balls of grapeshot, but with the balls graciously provided to us by the Spalding corporation. We will enter the battlefield not as bitter enemies, but as honest competitors, building the future of our nations on a foundation of sportsmanship and mutual respect. May our jump shots fly true, and our passes reach their targets, in this new era of basketball.

Good Health,
Sergie Yovkov, PBO, PTBC

woah other cities exist in Bulgaria??? eat poo poo rural peasants Sofia reigns supreme over your trash heap of a settlement

die young, Sofia Immortals > your second tier city squad named after broke rear end actors

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Plovdiv Thespians have also partnered with Topps to acquire the latest advances in sport card technology. Our holographs and bezels will be the envy of the continent!

Disclaimer: this card is simply a proof of concept and does not illustrate any drafting priorities of the Plovdiv Thespians.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

plovdiv weak city, thespians much worse than almighty Immortals

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

We will see how well your words serve you in the heat of the game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

alansmithee posted:

Are we allowed to trade picks? Because i'm open to trade my pick.

Pick trades are allowed but make more sense in the NBA draft one since this Rookie Draft is just two rounds and every player must have two rookies. Rookies can be included in trades during the NBA Draft portion however as long as there are an equal # of picks or players being traded.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DeimosRising posted:

Wait did I not sign up lol? At least my theme got picked...

poo poo I knew I missed someone. It hasn't started yet so I will random you a team + spot.

Also made it snake in the draft too because I forgot that as well. Okay all should be good now.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 19, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh no my pick got even worse

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

IcePhoenix posted:

looks like the rookie draft isn't a serpentine, and I think the pro draft is going to be re-randomized in groups based on where you were in the rookie draft

No, I just hosed up with not making it serpentine. I was thinking of re-randomizing for the NBA Draft but I probably will just make it the opposite of what the rookie draft is just for fairness instead of the randomness of the 1-15 being 16-30 randomly since technically #1 can also get #16 while #30 could get #15 and the teams will be pretty off.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Warsaw Phoenix. We will win. Our name is best.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Deadbeat Dad posted:

No, I just hosed up with not making it serpentine. I was thinking of re-randomizing for the NBA Draft but I probably will just make it the opposite of what the rookie draft is just for fairness instead of the randomness of the 1-15 being 16-30 randomly since technically #1 can also get #16 while #30 could get #15 and the teams will be pretty off.

I'm not sure fairness really matters with this draft but I'll just take it as getting whatever pick it ends up being in the pro draft while I draft my 9th man with the 8th pick in the rookie draft :v:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Dresden, dope. Gonna make my logo a British plane dropping Sapphires from a bomber plane. (Man I wish I had photoshop skills)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Mr. DBD, or anyone, do the Heartbreakers still have the 9th in the the vet draft after re-rolling or whatever? IDK and will be outsourcing my work to FB now for the top 9 players for a one and done league later fools! *throws a rock at that drunk guy on the way out*

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Team tanning bed here to kick rear end and Look Really Good

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I'm in if there is still space?!

e: Looks like I might be too late, and also - would this even work for someone in the UK (i.e. wrong time zone)?

Quizzlefish fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Nov 20, 2020

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Quizzlefish posted:

I'm in if there is still space?!

e: Looks like I might be too late, and also - would this even work for someone in the UK (i.e. wrong time zone)?

I added you! We have a few from different parts of the world so besides just being able to convert EST to the time zone you're in, either PM me (or the person after you) your pick when it's around your time if you think you won't be around/will get skipped. If you're around for your pick then obviously ignore all that.

Reminder for everybody, it will officially start at 4 PM on Friday (9 hours from now) with xbilkis having the first pick of the ROOKIE DRAFT. After 2 rounds of that the NBA DRAFT with every NBA player that was on a roster last season can be drafted, which will last 13 rounds.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Great. Let's do this.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Where on Earth am I going to get a picture of a stretched out, split open, angry basketball between two stakes, against a field of Sky Blue?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Hell yeah i got the beer team

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

T-minus 1 hour until xbilkis is officially on the clock with the first pick in the first round (of 2) for the 2020 Rookie Draft. He will be skipped at 8:00 PM if there is no pick made.

Who will Łódź start it off with? Who knows! We've even had a 1st pick skipped before in the past, anything can happen when tensions are high in the Eastern Bloc!

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I'm defo gonna whiff on someone good with the rookies. I don't follow the pre-league hopefuls at all. Are we choosing from eligible draftees or only players actually drafted/signed?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

What era eastern bloc are we talking? Is this alternate reality 2020, Atomic Blonde-era fall of the USSR or late 50s There’s Still Some Optimism About This Whole Communism Thing era?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Quizzlefish posted:

I'm defo gonna whiff on someone good with the rookies. I don't follow the pre-league hopefuls at all. Are we choosing from eligible draftees or only players actually drafted/signed?

Anybody that is draft eligible for the 2020 rookie draft basically, there should be a list somewhere if you Google (but probably won't need it unless you have a late second rounder).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

No one else use MourningView's big board as I have claimed it as MINE.