Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

the marxists may seem defeated but we're gonna come back with a big manifesto about our team so that yall can help us overthrow the provisional sim champion. we're performatively drafting it right now in front of some journalists, in an otherwise empty arena after everyone else went home after we lost game 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Western Conference

Dresden vs East Berlin: East Berlin leads 3-1.

Game 3:

Game 4:

Eastern Conference

Tirana vs Leipzig: Tirana leads 3-1.

Game 3:

Game 4:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Alright, we’ve made one comeback now it’s time for an even bigger one

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Western Conference

Dresden vs East Berlin: Tied 3-3.

Game 5:

Game 6:

Eastern Conference

Tirana vs Leipzig: Tied 3-3.

Game 5:

Game 6:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Tatum with a baaaaad pair of games there

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Kinda weird he only played 17 minutes in game 5. Probably pulled a Paul Pierce n faked some poo poo the coward.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Kinda weird he only played 17 minutes in game 5. Probably pulled a Paul Pierce n faked some poo poo the coward.

he fouled out, probably had a lot of bench time in foul trouble

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

This game 7 is the biggest of Embiid’s career, he’s gonna come kill it

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Ah that makes sense.
Also lmao at all the playoff minutes leandro bolmaro has been getting

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

A game 7 win here would be cool

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This is the playoffs of comebacks

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I will sim at midnight EST tonight if there's any changes anybody wants for the game 7's

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Western Conference

Dresden vs East Berlin: EBB wins 4-3..

Game 7:

Eastern Conference

Tirana vs Leipzig: Leipzig wins 4-3..

Game 7:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
In a playoffs full of close records and comebacks, the finals is still ALL CHALK

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Back to back Finals appearances for me, clearly I’m a master roster builder (yes I know what that sounds like)

No rotation changes yet

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Man that Oladipo line is wild. +18 and seven steals (and no turnovers!!!) but also shot 3/14 and 1/7 from three.

Ah well, I’m glad it came down to the last quarter. Embiid and Ingram are only gonna get better

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The sim is like...REALLY confident in its judgements of the teams. The regular season being 88% predictive of the postseason is something

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

The sim is like...REALLY confident in its judgements of the teams. The regular season being 88% predictive of the postseason is something

I think it's partially because we're playing with injuries off, players randomly getting hurt can either make good teams have worse regular season records or have them lose heavily-favored matchups, depending on when the guys get hurt

BBGM playoffs definitely do not always follow chalk

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
BYOGM FINALS

East Berlin vs Leipzig: East Berlin leads 2-0.

Game 1:

Game 2:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
C.J. clearly carrying this team

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

C.J. clearly carrying this team

The Clutch Jumper himself

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
BYOGM FINALS

East Berlin vs Leipzig: East Berlin leads 3-1.

Game 3:

Game 4:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Jayson Tatum is so good he literally played longer than the basketball game lasted. That's how he's so good so young, the rules of time do not apply to him

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

sim Tatum :worship:

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Sim Tatum > Tecmo Bo

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I feel like my boys did well, taking a game off of the undisputed greatest player of all time, Cyber Tatum

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

starting to think taking KAT the pick before Tatum might have been an error

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Danny Ainge wishes he had Super Robot Tatum, but to be perfectly honest folks it's something only a truly dedicated and skilled GM could awaken.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
He’s so skilled and still only -65535 years old, can you believe it

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Finals

East Berlin defeats Leipzig 4-1!

Grats to Punkin Spunkin and the East Berlin Bar! Cyborg Tatum was indeed too hard to stop this year. Thanks to all who participated once again, probably will do another sometime later in the year or next year, maybe in a blind auction format again for fun.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Also if people want, they can rank their personal top 5 teams since we've had a bit of data and I'm sure some players were very under/over picked.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Sim Tatum is the only light in my basketball life right now. :unsmith:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Shout out to Punkin for putting together a really good team. Back to back finals appearances for me isn’t too bad

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Congrats to Punkin Spunkin on the sim championship!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Also as always we will have people send in their personal rankings for each team (that includes best team right now but also factors in the future), the sim is just for fun/bragging rights. So you don't have to go ALL in on being the best 1 year team unless you care about sim stuff more than GOON PRAISE
the sim is just bragging rights-see above. Now the real contest begins!!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Sim Tatum is the only light in my basketball life right now. :unsmith:

How is it that the Celtics have a losing record with a 6’8” Michael Jordan with the three point shot of Klay Thompson on their team. Geez Louise!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm glad that the sim showed the world how good unlocked Ben Simmons is when you build the correct team around him

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I wanna thank Coach Glen Big Baby Davis for all those great substantial xs and os, I wanna thank the people of East Berlin, I wanna thank Doctor Gero for all that training with Jayson last offseason...
But most of all I wanna thank myself for creating the real force that got this team the championship, Aaron Gordon on the bench where he belongs.
Guess it's time to send in our rankings...

DeimosRising posted:

How is it that the Celtics have a losing record with a 6’8” Michael Jordan with the three point shot of Klay Thompson on their team. Geez Louise!
Danny Ainge and the city of Boston are accursed by God

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I can’t believe that halfway through the season Jason Tatum looked at my team and said “there’s only one way to beat this unstoppable duo” and Robocopped himself into the baddest fictional basketball player this side of Bugs Bunny

I assume after what’s left of his heart explodes next year from a virus I will return to my rightful place at the top, led once again by Ingram and Embiid.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I seem to recall all the past season teams with embiid being really successful too. Another guy the sim really likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
In my BYOGM experience (249 championships in 593 years with Chicago on Insane difficulty :cool: ) athletic wings who shoot threes are the gold dust of the game, so no surprise Tatum did so well.