Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'd like to join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

This isn't a fuckup but if possible I'd like to request a name change to the Plovdiv Thespians because of our city's rich history of live theater.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

FROM THE DESK OF SERGIE "I BEFORE E" YOVKOV, PTBC PRESIDENT OF BASKETBALL OPERATIONS

Through the centuries, Plovdiv has been a site of conflict. The Thracians, the Greeks, the Ottomans, all found this soil so valuable that they fought and died for it. Now, we find ourselves not in a warlike struggle, but in a peacetime struggle. In this new age of the Warsaw Pact Basketball Alliance, we will battle not with balls of grapeshot, but with the balls graciously provided to us by the Spalding corporation. We will enter the battlefield not as bitter enemies, but as honest competitors, building the future of our nations on a foundation of sportsmanship and mutual respect. May our jump shots fly true, and our passes reach their targets, in this new era of basketball.

Good Health,
Sergie Yovkov, PBO, PTBC

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Plovdiv Thespians have also partnered with Topps to acquire the latest advances in sport card technology. Our holographs and bezels will be the envy of the continent!

Disclaimer: this card is simply a proof of concept and does not illustrate any drafting priorities of the Plovdiv Thespians.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

We will see how well your words serve you in the heat of the game.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Plovdiv picks Saddiq Bey

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Okay in an effort to get it going I think I will assign Buttwolf C, Isaiah Stewart (you are welcome to change this pick, I just forgot what you PM'd me)

I also think I Before E told me to pick the highest person on MourningView's big board so he will get SG, Mason Jones

May have completely confused the two but yeah, just want to get the 2nd round finished so we can get to the big boys.

gently caress Corey Perry is now on the clock

Yeah that was me, thanks

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Thespians select Bam Adebayo.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bloach posted:

edit: Best of luck to all my brothers picking now thru the last pick of the round, we are the lord's chosen. We have been given the task trying to pretend we can make a competitive team led by khris Middleton. Because of this, we have more character than the rest of them

I don't think that'll be that much of a problem, I'm looking at my big board right now and I'm seeing credible team leaders still available at every position.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Murray was the one that really bummed me out. Kawhi and Butler I expected not to get but I really thought I could sneak Murray for a nice pick and pop situation.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

you really thought Murray would fall to the 40s after the playoffs he just had?

I had a little hope that people would be forgetful

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sorry, fell asleep. Plovdiv selects Fred Vanvleet.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bloach posted:

Holy gently caress that was my pick for the last 24 hours and I thought I could wait and went Rubio then I was trying to trade up for him, aaaaaaaghh

I was also trying to trade up for Bertans lmao

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

So is it my pick right now?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alright, the Plovdiv Thespians are selecting power forward Robert Covington.

The current starting 5:

Fred Vanvleet
Mason Jones
Saddiq Bey
RoCo
Bam Adebayo

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

gently caress and you repay me by taking the guy I wanted how dare you

Power forwards are in short supply these days

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

From the desk of Kraków Stonecutters assistant GM and senior minister of defense, Shimshon Draenger:

"To go with Jamal and Jaylen, we need a versatile player who we can throw out there to shut down anyone who needs shutting down, and provide some good three-point shooting to go with it. Threes and Defense, a concept I just came up with! We select OG Anunoby."

There are chairs being thrown at Thespians HQ tonight, OG was on our big board

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Brogeoisie posted:

Solar select Marcus Smart.

Lineup:

PG: Jrue Holiday
SG: Bradley Beal
SF: Marcus Smart
PF: Duncan Robinson

Yes, I'm playing that line up

Mike D'antoni just busted through his pants

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

xbilkis posted:

The Łódź Rowers, finding themselves in need of a bucket-getter, select Norman Powell, G

PG: Kemba Walker
SG: Norman Powell
SF: Khris Middleton
PF:
C: Al Horford

The Thespians front office is in such disarray right now, you have no idea

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I was so excited to slide in and complete my Freddy/Norman all heart backcourt

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

I've been a vocal lonzo hater but that's a solid pick at this point. HOWEVER

waht about the guy you mentioned? misdirection??

Lavar comes with Lonzo as a sideline encouraging presence, like Drake at Raptors games.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

So if I understand correctly, it's currently gently caress Corey's turn?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Plovdiv Thespians are a young team so far, so we're adding some veteran expertise in the form of shooting guard JJ Redick.

Current lineup:

Fred VanVleet
JJ Redick (bench: Mason Jones)
Saddiq Bey
Robert Covington
Bam Adebayo

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gerund posted:

The Prague Spires are noting that this is the second time the Plovdiv Thespians have snagged someone we are targeting.

Perhaps, they are an enemy of the Con-Spire-Acy

We did have a doomsday option we elected not to activate.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

china klay posted:

With the 112th pick, the Durrës Spinebreakers select John Wall.

John Wall
???
Michael Porter Jr
Jonathan Isaac
Anthony Davis

By the way, injuries don't exist in this universe, right?

If I hadn't picked Redick my plan was to go joker mode and play Wall at the 2

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1189189436858224644?s=19

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Doltos posted:

Anthony Davis's check engine alarm has started screeching

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Thespians are here to have a good time and win games, and one of those is optional

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

As soon as someone picked Wall Wiggins became the nuclear option

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

tadashi posted:

I think Drummond is a good player but I have more of a strategy question:

Does it matter in 2020 that Drummond is an elite rebounder? Isn't that like the 8th most useful skill in creating wins?

Wouldn't you rather have an elite outlet passer or a point guard who's capable of playing at an absurd pace in high usage?

If you've got a low percentage shooter it's great to get a guy in the paint who can get second chance baskets

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Plovdiv Thespians currently have a lot of nice guys, so we need to get a little bit raw. We select Jordan Clarkson.

Current lineup:
Fred Vanvleet
JJ Redick (bench: Mason Jones)
Jordan Clarkson (bench: Saddiq Bey)
Robert Covington
Bam Adebayo.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Plovdiv Thespians select Markieff Morris

Current lineup:
PG: Fred Vanvleet (backup: Redick)
SG: JJ Redick (backups: Mason Jones, Clarkson)
SF: Jordan Clarkson (backup: Saddiq Bey)
PF: Robert Covington (backup: Morris)
C: Bam

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

The Hype will take someone who has had to come to grips with their mortality, really had to take time to think about his role and reinvent himself as a part-time defensive anchor, Dwight Howard

Mother fucker

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Plovdiv selects Alex Caruso

PG: Fred Vanvleet, Alex Caruso
SG: JJ Redick, Mason Jones
SF: Jordan Clarkson, Saddiq Bey
PF: Robert Covington, Markieff Morris
C: Bam Adebayo

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

FVV/Redick/Clarkson might be the worst defensive starting 1-3 I have ever seen

After every player below power forward on my big board got drafted, I had to scramble. I'm still scrambling. I'll probably be scrambling after the draft.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Plovdiv Thespians select Zach Collins

PG: Fred Vanvleet/Alex Caruso
SG: JJ Redick/Mason Jones
SF: Jordan Clarkson/Saddiq Bey
PF: Robert Covington/Markieff Morris
C: Bam Adebayo/Zach Collins

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It seems like Buttwolf has been skipped, so Plovdiv will take another veteran presence in Carmelo Anthony.

PG: Vanvleet/Caruso
SG: Redick/Jones
SF: Anthony/Clarkson/Bey
PF: Covington/Morris
C: Adebayo/Collins

I Before E fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 10, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I've completely accepted that my team is less suited for winning than for being a collection of Guys I Like

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

hell yeah

start Melo you coward, give Clarkson the keys to the bench instead

You've convinced me, Melo is getting a "starter" position where he starts the game to pop the house but Clarkson takes most of the minutes.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thespians select Mario Hezonja

PG: Vanvleet/Caruso
SG: Redick/Jones
SF: Melo/Clarkson/Bey
PF: Covington/Morris/Hezonja
C: Adebayo/Collins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

Jevon is actually decent but they’re both just borderline nba guys who happen to be my favorites and i expected at least Mario to be available at the end of the draft

There were like three guaranteed bench guys I had in mind but I knew someone had their eye on Mario so I felt like I had to pull the trigger.