Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll do another draft sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think there's any harm in us starting after the actual draft. There's so much variance in opinions that I feel like it won't have a meaningful affect on our draft.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Everquest Cities/Zones.

Freeport
Neriak
Kelethin
Felwithe
Kaladim
Grobb
Oggok
Qeynos

etc

edit: Dungeons too.

I was gonna jokingly suggest Eorzea/The First but I'll serious suggest it to spare us from this fate if I have to

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

hell yeah Bulgaria, immortals gonna run this bitch

boo 15th pick, middle of a serpentine is always boring

looks like the rookie draft isn't a serpentine, and I think the pro draft is going to be re-randomized in groups based on where you were in the rookie draft

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh no my pick got even worse

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Deadbeat Dad posted:

No, I just hosed up with not making it serpentine. I was thinking of re-randomizing for the NBA Draft but I probably will just make it the opposite of what the rookie draft is just for fairness instead of the randomness of the 1-15 being 16-30 randomly since technically #1 can also get #16 while #30 could get #15 and the teams will be pretty off.

I'm not sure fairness really matters with this draft but I'll just take it as getting whatever pick it ends up being in the pro draft while I draft my 9th man with the 8th pick in the rookie draft :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

you don't have six rookie picks so obviously not

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moscow takes Cole Anthony

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

he went 33rd in the normal draft I don't think anyone is overlooking him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

can't wait to build a team around a couple second/third tier players

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Carlosologist posted:

Trading down is an interesting plan of attack here

especially for such a small return

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sorry I have to make fun of this some more.

Imagine trading away LeBron James for not LeBron James, moving up two spots in the second round, and moving down two spots in the third round

Fast Luck posted:

It really is a small return but when you can still get Giannis or AD (or LeBron or Luka if they weren't taken) at #3 it's not a great cost either

The cost is not having LeBron James

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 24, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

he's only moving up. Getting 56 and 172, losing 58 and 174

and there's a strong case for Giannis, the reigning MVP, going #1 overall anyway and he's still available here at 3!

do you not know how snake drafts work

Also no I don't think there is a case for Giannis going over LeBron in a one year league

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

Not strictly a one-year league

I'd take LeBron over anyone for at least two or three more years anyway but if we want to project further than that sure I can see an argument for Giannis I guess.

BWV posted:

Yea we traded even picks (2 and 6) so Tangelwood would move up 2 spots in those rounds. Had we traded in odd rounds I would've moved up.

Basically I didn't mind giving up some slots later on because I really wanted Lebron and it seemed a bit easier for me to build around him that Giannis. That said, I would've been fine at 3 and Giannis with a bit better position is a great foundation.

for some reason I thought you said you traded your first three rounds of picks

however, I still think you're dumb :v:

e: I'm not paying attention, trading that little to move up for lebron good. Trading down for that little bad.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 24, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tanglewood1420 posted:

Giannis was #1 on my board (Luka 2, LeBron 3). Was happy with any of them so got to move up a couple of slots later on.

If we were allowed lopsided trades then I would've negotiated harder, but seeing as the rules don't allow it this seemed a painless way to squeeze a little more value.

I guess I just expected something like getting a fifth round pick for your sixth, moving up an entire round, as part of the deal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Send picks in case if you want! People can pick during midnight - 8 am, it just doesnt start again until 8 am so whichever pick its on will have 8 am to noon time slot.

But yeah, Drunk Canuck isn't on discord so this may take a while!

I know most people are being responsible and staying home on Thursday but just in case are we freezing the clock for the whole day or proceeding as normal? I think something like this came up in a previous draft.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Deadbeat Dad posted:

What do you mean the entire day? I'm confused.

4 hour pick time for each player just like the rookie draft, 12 am to 8 am nobody will be "skipped" but people can still pick, clock starts again at 8 am for whoever is up. Will go down to 2 hours once we're in the later rounds but for now, no rush. Just people have to look at when they are picking and throw some lists at people either after them or @ me if they think they wont be around to avoid a lot of 3-4 hour picks.

"The entire day" meaning the 24 hour period of the day that is Thanksgiving :v:

Just to avoid someone who can't be around suddenly missing their pick because there's a rush or something (something that I could definitely see happening with I'm sure almost all of us not working that day) and it gets to them way faster than they expected. Sure you can pick later but it would kinda suck to miss out on someone you wanted that you could have taken because of it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

someone please return my calls :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is an open offer to anyone between now and my pick (22)

My 1st, 2nd, and 4th for yours, contingent on someone I'm looking for being available. Just quote this post and accept when it's your pick and as long as one is there I accept. I've PMd dbd with this post and my shortlist so he can verify the trade and post the pick if I'm not around.

e: completed, thanks Quizzlefish!

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 25, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

what a lovely thing to wake up to, thanks Quizzlefish! Thanks DBD as well for admining that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:unsmith::respek::unsmith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

I probably should have picked him (as should people drafting before me) but the injury to [redacted] gave me cold feet since Durant is not officially back, yet. By officially, I mean he has not appeared in an NBA game in the 2020-21 season, yet.

I was talking with Salvor about this last night but

1: Sounds like his recovery is going well
2: Someone in the WNBA with a similar injury a year ago just won finals MVP and
3: I'd take a 50/50 chance at a top 5 player over a 100% chance at a player that slots into 15-25 (probably could expand that 15 even higher tbh) every time. And I think Durant's odds here are much better than 50/50.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quizzlefish posted:

I'm on the clock right?

I think Murderverse is up now because it's back to 4 hours until we get to the later rounds.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KAT was taken 14th

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If the late first round problems are bringing you down why not trade back for my second and pick up an extra third instead?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm really enjoying people just quietly sneaking in with their picks in the middle of the KD discussion.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Brogeoisie posted:

Don't worry I'm silently reading your comments and scheming

Same

Bloach posted:

Anyways I'm trading my pick to icephx alongw my 6th for his 2nd and 3rd

Confirm

I have read all your comments and I agree they have some merit. Which is why Moscow has made this move so that we can provide someone to help KD.

Someone who plays excellent defense
Someone who can run the offense, and create with the best of them
Someone who can fill up the stat sheet in general, a triple double threat every night
Please don't mention his three point shooting
Here is a picture of KD with our next pick,

Ben Simmons

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anyway I'll see you guys in like a week when my next pick comes up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DC Murderverse posted:

Was I delusional to think Mitchell would still be there at 39? I really wanted him and Embiid but I guess that was just a pipe dream

Also I’m currently drafting in spot 39 I’ll switch spots with any of you for the low low price of trading your 4th round pick for my 14th round pick

Probably yeah. A little surprised at some of the guys that have gone ahead of a few currently undrafted players.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I Before E posted:

Murray was the one that really bummed me out. Kawhi and Butler I expected not to get but I really thought I could sneak Murray for a nice pick and pop situation.

you really thought Murray would fall to the 40s after the playoffs he just had?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quizzlefish posted:

Strong start despite being last in round 1

Definitely the second best 1-2 combo so far :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I may or may not have been initially trying to trade up to draft Morant

but gently caress it it'll be fun to build around a Westbrook-Towns combo

Poor KAT :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bloach posted:

I'm making my first pick and it's for Zach Lavine

This is the second least surprising pick of the draft

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

probably neither, this seems to be an acceptable range for him to go

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doltos posted:

I think obviously landing Doncic/Kawhi/Giannis/Harden/Durant/LeBron makes any team look good but there's more lethal combos out there already. Booker/Fox looks fun as hell, PG3/Russell is really underrated, Ayton/Morant is as good or better than my young duo, Embiid/Ingram is nasty, and I think the best combo so far is Durant/Simmons. Fast Luck's trade up worked out nicely too with Doncic/Turner/Hield.

Yeah, I figured by the time we get to my third pick's original spot we're at the point where we're just drafting five+ rounds of role players so I did what I had to do to try and get the best 1/2 I could and I'm pretty happy with it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

There is a dude (actually two) available that really have no business almost going 70 overall. I realize this dude voted for Trump, sucks rear end and also is now extremely overpaid, but he is still one of the 50 best basketball players in the NBA.

Gimme, uhg...

Gordon Hayward

I was definitely wondering how far he was gonna fall lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Brogeoisie posted:

Yeah I've watched a bunch of games, he basically is Steve Novak with a green light among green lights, which is to say he is glass cannon as it gets. I think he's fine a 3rd-5th complementary piece on a team of shot creators as a floor spacer who can get you high % looks. Real question I have is why people are drafting like it's 2010 with all of these bigs

I'm not complaining

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

first full starting five and dang that's an interesting one

only q is who's the secondary scoring option behind Lavine?

yeah, I'm not sure Zach can shoulder the scoring load here

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was wondering why he was still on the board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeimosRising posted:

Spoilered because i mentioned someone who hasn't been picked.

lol