Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

none taken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Sid Vicious posted:

lets all kiss each other on the lips

Simultaneously?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I've heard a lot about coronavirus but I've never seen one, or any of it's victims personally.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sid Vicious posted:

lets all kiss each other on the lips

Piss on liphole! Piss on liphole!

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Jove Tone posted:

If you only breathe weed smoke you can't get covid.

Im more tch that enby - twisted and choomed out :2bong:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

COVID? Let me tell you, penis entering anus releasing penile-anal interaction device known as SPERM-1, proceeding with operation IMPREGNATE ANUS - stupid bastard you are mine now!

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Piss on pisshole! Piss on pisshole!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tetris is gay. Blocks entering holes but no clear indication if the holes is pussy? The whole structure collapse because it's not made for huge object entering like pussy? Clearly gay. Pissed off!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I had a coworker come down with covid last week. Im getting tested again tomorrow

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I've been working on perfecting my morning routine using the half hour i save from avoiding the morning commute. Maybe some of you might identify with this, particularly if you suffer from enlarged pores or flakiness around the T-zone.

I tie a plastic ice pack around my face and commence with the morning's stretching exercises. Afterwards I stand in front of a chrome and acrylic Washmobile bathroom sink - with soap dish, cup holder, and railings that serve as towel bars, which I bought at Hastings Tile to use while the marble sinks I ordered from Finland are being sanded - and stare at my reflection with the ice pack still on. I pour some Plax antiplaque formula into a stainless-steel tumbler and swish it around my mouth for thirty seconds.

Then I squeeze Rembrandt onto a faux- tortoiseshell toothbrush and start brushing my teeth (too hung over to floss properly - but maybe I flossed before bed last night?) and rinse with Listerine. Then I inspect my hands and use a nailbrush. I take the ice-pack mask off and use a deep-pore cleanser lotion, then an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I check my toenails. Then I use the Probright tooth polisher and next the Interplak tooth polisher (this in addition to the toothbrush) which has a speed of 4200 rpm and reverses direction forty-six times per second; the larger tufts clean between teeth and massage the gums while the short ones scrub the tooth surfaces. I rinse again, with Cepacol. I wash the facial massage off with a spearmint face scrub.

The shower has a universal all-directional shower head that adjusts within a thirty-inch vertical range. It's made from Australian gold-black brass and covered with a white enamel finish. In the shower I use first a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Vidal Sassoon shampoo is especially good at getting rid of the coating of dried perspiration, salts, oils, airborne pollutants and dirt that can weigh down hair and flatten it to the scalp which can make you look older. The conditioner is also good - silicone technology permits conditioning benefits without weighing down the hair which can also make you look older.

On weekends or before a date I prefer to use the Greune Natural Revitalizing Shampoo, the conditioner and the Nutrient Complex. These are formulas that contain D-panthenol, a vitamin-B-complex factor; polysorbate 80, a cleansing agent for the scalp; and natural herbs. Over the weekend I plan to go to Bloomingdale's or Bergdorf's and pick up a Foltene European Supplement and Shampoo for thinning hair which contains complex carbohydrates that penetrate the hair shafts for improved strength and shine. Also the Vivagen Hair Enrichment Treatment, a new Redken product that prevents mineral deposits and prolongs the life cycle of hair.

Once out of the shower and toweled dry I put the Ralph Lauren boxers back on and before applying the Mousse A Raiser, a shaving cream by Pour Hommes, I press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I always slather on a moisturizer (to my taste, Clinique) and let it soak in for a minute. You can rinse it off or keep it on and apply a shaving cream over it - preferably with a brush, which softens the beard as it lifts the whiskers - which I've found makes removing the hair easier. It also helps prevent water from evaporating and reduces friction between your skin and the blade. Always wet the razor with warm water before shaving and shave in the direction the beard grows, pressing gently on the skin. Leave the sideburns and chin for last, since these whiskers are tougher and need more time to soften. Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting. Afterwards splash cool water on the face to remove any trace of lather. You should use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol. Never use cologne on your face, since the high alcohol content dries your face out and makes you look older. One should use an alcohol-free antibacterial toner with a water-moistened cotton ball to normalize the skin.

Applying a moisturizer is the final step. Splash on water before applying an emollient lotion to soften the skin and seal in the moisture. Next apply Gel Appaisant, also made by Pour Hommes, which is an excellent, soothing skin lotion. If the face seems dry and flaky - which makes it look dull and older - use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin (it can also make your tan look darker). Then apply an anti-aging eye balm (Baume Des Yeux) followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion. A scalp-programming lotion is used after I towel my hair dry. I also lightly blow-dry the hair to give it body and control (but without stickiness) and then add more of the lotion, shaping it with a Kent natural- bristle brush, and finally slick it back with a wide-tooth comb.

Does anyone know what happened to all the skin and hair care megathreads?

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Nov 17, 2020

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My city hasn't had a case in 19 straight days but thanks for the pep talk.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
people still mostly dont wear masks here in sweden

I still see ancient old folks wandering around the stores with no masks, taking no precautions

surprised to see we still have old people at all

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

Zzulu posted:

surprised to see we still have old people at all

I heard an old people say they thought the whole thing is just an effort to 'cull' them and they 'didn't want' to 'give in' to 'fear' of 'being culled'

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
This so-called MORONavirus couldn't even kill Berlusconi, and he's 100 years old with multiple heart conditions and full of cancer

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.

Mooey Cow posted:

This so-called MORONavirus couldn't even kill Berlusconi, and he's 100 years old with multiple heart conditions and full of cancer

The virus got in there and was eradicated by all the STDs and cocaine.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

CaptainAttitude posted:

I just got over covid. I don't recommend it.

It's better to just die then, or do you advocate a chronic condition?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
COVID has ruined the drat annual secret goon SQUATCHING meetup.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Derpies posted:

COVID has ruined the drat annual secret goon SQUATCHING meetup.

Its tyranny, is what it is! Hows a feller sposed t drink a diet Thunder with a mask on? Dunnt make no SENSE!

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
My brother got it. Im terminally ill, so Im giving him pointers on how to deal with some of the symptoms we have in common. He doesnt have a truckload of steroids and opioids like I do, so its pretty much just Tylenol and Gatorade/water, lol.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
there was a super good NY style place down the street. still there, but no more slices. only full pies.

stopping in on my bike for a few slices was the poo poo. im still mad.

also rip everyone who died it sucks

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Im working at a bar in tx rn. The amount of motherfuckers that have passed through here in the last four months would shock and astound you. I caught the regular flu a couple weeks ago and it scared the bejeezus out of me. cause this is America I took a day off then went back to work

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I had it a few weeks ago. I was in bed for five days. Never felt fatigue or tiredness like it. Overall, I would NOT recommend contracting COVID-19.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
As I get older I become more aware of the fact that the one thing that keeps me motivated enough to get out of bed every morning is my deep longing to watch everyone else die before I do. I don't mean like "those who done me wrong". I mean like everybody.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
im sad and want it to go away

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Im a dentist and I feel that catching it is inevitable for me. My assistant got it 2 weeks ago. I tested negative though thank God. Had a heart attack 6 years ago so Im sure if I get it Im toast.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
oh she's a very kinky virus

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

What happens if I take the vaccine shot directly into my ballack?

Afaf

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

dr.acula posted:

What happens if I take the vaccine shot directly into my ballack?

Afaf

Your pee will be covid-free

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My city hasn't had a case in 19 straight days but thanks for the pep talk.

Ah. Not an American, clearly.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
i was really scared when it as a looking like SA may have gone down with the tax man.

glad we are all still here

e: sent mid turd drop and now i habe poo poo water al over my rear end

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Hi Goons. How goes it. I hate my life and my wife and my job but find such great refuge here in the forums. Whenever my wife and I have a blowout I lay in my living room sofa bed and log into my goon account and find refuge here. I love you my goony goon goons.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Isnt. It amazing that we have been in this forum for so long? I miss zoo fights. Someone give me zoo fights. And Im not drunk.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Piggy Smalls posted:

Isnt. It amazing that we have been in this forum for so long? I miss zoo fights. Someone give me zoo fights. And Im not drunk.

Yeah I'm down for zoofightz

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Laslow posted:

My brother got it. Im terminally ill, so Im giving him pointers on how to deal with some of the symptoms we have in common. He doesnt have a truckload of steroids and opioids like I do, so its pretty much just Tylenol and Gatorade/water, lol.

:sympathy:
Brave goon :love:

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
I'm not worried about COVID because I already have aids and the two don't stack

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

I've been working on perfecting my morning routine using the half hour i save from avoiding the morning commute. Maybe some of you might identify with this, particularly if you suffer from enlarged pores or flakiness around the T-zone.

I tie a plastic ice pack around my face and commence with the morning's stretching exercises. Afterwards I stand in front of a chrome and acrylic Washmobile bathroom sink - with soap dish, cup holder, and railings that serve as towel bars, which I bought at Hastings Tile to use while the marble sinks I ordered from Finland are being sanded - and stare at my reflection with the ice pack still on. I pour some Plax antiplaque formula into a stainless-steel tumbler and swish it around my mouth for thirty seconds.

Then I squeeze Rembrandt onto a faux- tortoiseshell toothbrush and start brushing my teeth (too hung over to floss properly - but maybe I flossed before bed last night?) and rinse with Listerine. Then I inspect my hands and use a nailbrush. I take the ice-pack mask off and use a deep-pore cleanser lotion, then an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I check my toenails. Then I use the Probright tooth polisher and next the Interplak tooth polisher (this in addition to the toothbrush) which has a speed of 4200 rpm and reverses direction forty-six times per second; the larger tufts clean between teeth and massage the gums while the short ones scrub the tooth surfaces. I rinse again, with Cepacol. I wash the facial massage off with a spearmint face scrub.

The shower has a universal all-directional shower head that adjusts within a thirty-inch vertical range. It's made from Australian gold-black brass and covered with a white enamel finish. In the shower I use first a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Vidal Sassoon shampoo is especially good at getting rid of the coating of dried perspiration, salts, oils, airborne pollutants and dirt that can weigh down hair and flatten it to the scalp which can make you look older. The conditioner is also good - silicone technology permits conditioning benefits without weighing down the hair which can also make you look older.

On weekends or before a date I prefer to use the Greune Natural Revitalizing Shampoo, the conditioner and the Nutrient Complex. These are formulas that contain D-panthenol, a vitamin-B-complex factor; polysorbate 80, a cleansing agent for the scalp; and natural herbs. Over the weekend I plan to go to Bloomingdale's or Bergdorf's and pick up a Foltene European Supplement and Shampoo for thinning hair which contains complex carbohydrates that penetrate the hair shafts for improved strength and shine. Also the Vivagen Hair Enrichment Treatment, a new Redken product that prevents mineral deposits and prolongs the life cycle of hair.

Once out of the shower and toweled dry I put the Ralph Lauren boxers back on and before applying the Mousse A Raiser, a shaving cream by Pour Hommes, I press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I always slather on a moisturizer (to my taste, Clinique) and let it soak in for a minute. You can rinse it off or keep it on and apply a shaving cream over it - preferably with a brush, which softens the beard as it lifts the whiskers - which I've found makes removing the hair easier. It also helps prevent water from evaporating and reduces friction between your skin and the blade. Always wet the razor with warm water before shaving and shave in the direction the beard grows, pressing gently on the skin. Leave the sideburns and chin for last, since these whiskers are tougher and need more time to soften. Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting. Afterwards splash cool water on the face to remove any trace of lather. You should use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol. Never use cologne on your face, since the high alcohol content dries your face out and makes you look older. One should use an alcohol-free antibacterial toner with a water-moistened cotton ball to normalize the skin.

Applying a moisturizer is the final step. Splash on water before applying an emollient lotion to soften the skin and seal in the moisture. Next apply Gel Appaisant, also made by Pour Hommes, which is an excellent, soothing skin lotion. If the face seems dry and flaky - which makes it look dull and older - use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin (it can also make your tan look darker). Then apply an anti-aging eye balm (Baume Des Yeux) followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion. A scalp-programming lotion is used after I towel my hair dry. I also lightly blow-dry the hair to give it body and control (but without stickiness) and then add more of the lotion, shaping it with a Kent natural- bristle brush, and finally slick it back with a wide-tooth comb.

Does anyone know what happened to all the skin and hair care megathreads?

same

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
my grandmother has it and ive been numb ever since i found out

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Piggy Smalls posted:

Im a dentist and I feel that catching it is inevitable for me.

Skip to TL;DR: if you are so inclined.

I'm a frontline medical person and the other day in the grocery store when I was in line I heard someone yelling "Baby! Baby!" I disregarded it until it persisted. I left my cart in line (no one was behind me at the time) and told the cashier I was going over to see if I could help. I trotted over and asked if 911 has been called yet and to get an AED if they have one. A guy was holding his unconscious girlfriend on a bench.

I asked about allergies, meds, history of seizures or diabetes, and helped him get her to the floor. She was breathing, but had goo in the corners of her mouth, her resps were labored, irregular, and rough, and her pupils were pinned. Greaaaaat.The living room OD scene from Pulp Fiction flashed before my eyes, along with every portable CPR valve mask I've ever owned (one). We got her into the recovery position and I did what I could to make her comfortable and calm her boyfriend down. Thankfully she stirred like a minute before the paramedics arrived.

This was 8 days ago so I hope/think I'm in the clear. The reality of what I put myself into didn't hit until I was at home, about the same time I realized I should probably throw my clothes in the washer and shower, as I had just been rolling around on a supermarket floor in front of the service desk.

Five of my coworkers have had covid. One of them died and left a daughter behind.

If I get it, I get it, it is what it is. I don't have a spouse or SO or kids, so I'm expendable. But it would be nice to not get it, you know?

TL;DR: The only PPE I had on was my sparkly Christmas mask and I had really close, like, within a foot of, contact with the unmasked face of someone who "wasn't feeling good" and ODing on heroin, for 5-10 minutes.

Thora fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 17, 2020

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Hell Yeah posted:

Go gently caress yourself, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004