Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

Luckily I have a guard dog already so I'm pretty well protected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Ah you're here about the night guard position? Yeah I need someone to help keep me from grinding my teeth in my sleep. Maybe jam your finger in between my teeth or something? What do you mean what's it pay.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

I see on your resume you have some experience as a night guard

"well, with a night guard."

So you were in training?

"what? No they only post in Imp Zone I think."

vanisher

(vaudeville hook yanks me out of the thread)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

The room full of monitors and the guards salary are expensive, but dental health is priceless.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I could do without the hourly patrols of my mouth, however

alnilam

extremely committed night guard spends the day removing all sources of stress from my life, so that i no longer clench/grind at night

ty manifisto

Macnult

[dentist hands me an apple]
me: oh no worries, i already have one
dentist: ...i know

Jinh

vanisher posted:

So you were in training?

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

My dentist wrote the prescription all fucky so now i have to chomp down on a pumpkin until dawn.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

StupidSexyMothman

*glances over to see night guard dozing at his desk, with a small black and white TV airing Nick at Nite reruns*

not sure how this is supposed to help my teeth but hey, what do i know, i'm not the dentist here

google THIS

I already have guards pacing my roof every night like I'm living in a freaking castle, and now my orthodontist thinks I need a retainer. What am I, a feudal lord?

google THIS

Periodontist (measuring my gum pockets): Hmm, your gingivitis is getting worse. You're going to need a jester.

Me: I call bullshit

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

google THIS posted:

I already have guards pacing my roof every night like I'm living in a freaking castle, and now my orthodontist thinks I need a retainer. What am I, a feudal lord?

"See this buildup? This is because you don't ost."

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
swallowing wood and oil before bed in case I have to light the beacon of Gondor

google THIS

All this work to defend my mouth and it turns out the enemy had a molar in my ranks all along. I never expected an incisor threat.

vanisher

apparently now they need to run drills on my canines which I'm assuming means trained attack dogs

vanisher

google THIS posted:

StupidSexyMothman

*i start grinding my teeth in my sleep*

*night guard wakes me by shining his mag-lite in my face, shaking his head disappointedly*

wearing a lampshade

vanisher posted:

So you were in training?

wearing a lampshade

i know you paid me to guard your teeth against grinding, but i was up all night last night, and yeah your teeth got grinded. they were grinding. you know why? listen... *sighs* its you. you're grinding your teeth. you're doing this, to you. you're self destructive. you need help, so i'll do my best, but you're the only person who can protect you from yourself... you know, maybe you dont need me at all. i'm only a night guard. if somebody came in here and grinded your teeth, then i'd be useful; i could stop them, gently caress them up, we could have fun together bashing their brains in. but that's not what's happening here. you'd probably be happier with a night counsellor.

Manifisto

MARCELLUS: Peace, break thee off; look, where it comes again!
BERNARDO: In the same figure, like the king that's dead.
MARCELLUS: Thou art a scholar; speak to it, Horatio.
GHOST: 4 out of 5 dentists recommend trident for those patients who chew gum

ty nesamdoom!

Stoner Sloth

night guard on watch against the tooth fairy, ready to gently caress her up if she comes after my teeth again!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Escape From Noise

Me to a bunch of burley construction workers with lumber, bolts, steel, and tools: What do you mean you don't do "that kind of bridgework"?

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

google THIS posted:

Periodontist (measuring my gum pockets): Hmm, your gingivitis is getting worse. You're going to need a jester.

Me: I call bullshit

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
suddenly sirens blare and floodlights turn on. cavity creeps have been spotted entering the grounds. ive got 50 men patrolling who would lay down their life to keep me from having tooth decay

biosterous

wish i had a night guard to watch me grind my teeth 1x/night

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

first he wants to guard me at night, now he's concerned about my "cavity"?!? i need a lawyer!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My dentist wrote the prescription all fucky so now i have to chomp down on a pumpkin until dawn.

lol

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

vanisher posted:

(vaudeville hook yanks me out of the thread)

secondary vaudeville hook yanks you back in

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

biosterous posted:

wish i had a night guard to watch me grind my teeth 1x/night

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

vanisher

Heather Papps posted:

first he wants to guard me at night, now he's concerned about my "cavity"?!? i need a lawyer!

vanisher

Dentist: "based on the wear pattern you'll need to have a night guard that fits on the bottom"

Me: "So like my butt"

google THIS

Et tooth, decay?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

google THIS posted:

Et tooth, decay?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

google THIS posted:

Et tooth, decay?

Now that's what I call a pun

Riotgrrill

Two night guards are standing before two doors. One leads to approval from the dentist, the other to hosed up teeth.

Guard one says "One of us speaks only truth".

Guard two says "One of us speaks only lies".

Guard one says "The grind is real".

You nod and continue through their door.

Stoner Sloth

google THIS posted:

Et tooth, decay?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

pecan

thanks doc, i was skeptical at first, but the way he kisses my forehead before i go to sleep is very comforting, albeit wholly unprofessional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

[1:30 AM, tiptoeing to the kitchen to serve myself a slice of chocolate cake when i hear the cocking of a gun]
night guard: you plannin' on brushing after that pal?