Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

it has a lot of content from people who are banned or havent posted in 50 years, like flash tub, everdraed showcase.... the first thing you see is lowtax's article from july :(
it would be nice if it was less sad, maybe replace the front page w a picture for now that just goes to forum?
mockup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

First three-ish years of Flash Tub was some of my favorite content on this site. Good memories.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Any updates, I wonder?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I think the old frontpage should be preserved (including the flashes, despite Adobe killswitching the browser plugin and, you know, The Shmorky Thing).

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
I'm guessing Denis is gone, anyone know what he's up too? I'd support him doing his own site or gaming blog or something, he's unironically the only person who's opinion about games I've given a poo poo about in the last 10 years. His videogame articles were cool and good.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

I'm guessing Denis is gone, anyone know what he's up too? I'd support him doing his own site or gaming blog or something, he's unironically the only person who's opinion about games I've given a poo poo about in the last 10 years. His videogame articles were cool and good.

Tweeting and still working on his game.

Zombiejack
Jan 16, 2006
Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
Personally the forums make me sad, I can't remember the last time I laughted outside of lowtax's excuses and people unironically thinking his replacement would improve things.

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

There's a front page?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

ryden posted:

There's a front page?

Get with the times buddy it's

Why's there a front page?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
really embracing the "I don't know what im doing and i am giving up" feel with the front page

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Let me do some articles

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
i neeeed to write for the front page so bad

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017
I don't even care if it sucks, please post something new on the front page.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
In honor of October, how about we remember some great spooky front page content?

CONEX Convict Connections

Monstergeddon

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The front page appeals to almost no-one and should be quietly deleted with no fanfare

Creamythighs
Dec 28, 2022
Yeah

Posthuman
Jan 10, 2005

I give all those dicks and cocks sir
The most lingering article on the front page appears to be an apology to furries, but it was written so long ago that its jargon and context are lost on me, in spite of its brevity, and I can no longer discern what we were wrong about regarding furries.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Posthuman posted:

The most lingering article on the front page appears to be an apology to furries, but it was written so long ago that its jargon and context are lost on me, in spite of its brevity, and I can no longer discern what we were wrong about regarding furries.

At one point someone (lowtax?) Tried to ban them creating a diaspora of furries to other sites.

Nitnen
Jul 29, 2011
i personally volunteer my services as a jeffk ghostwriter

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
if you all are so thirsty for content you should check out the screenplays i'm writing so you can brag about having read them before adult swim gives me eleven Billion dollars to invent a new Slur https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024982

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I added two threads to the new Something Awful Discussion subforum. Anybody interested in what's happening to the Front Page please check out:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025215
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025226

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
bump

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
You know part of the problem is the Awful app doesn’t have anything for the front page.

Just sayin

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Oh wow I accidentally browsed to the front page and... it was last updated in 2020? Yikesarooni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Bump