Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rice or Ruin?
Rice
Ruin
View Results

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Grabbed this game on a whim and am super pleased with it and I have a tough time deciding which half of the gameplay I enjoy more. I'm also surprised how much like the characters, namely Sakuna. She's such a brat lol.

I believe I'm on the last leg of this game and I just got a stone that allows me to regain life on killing enemies which kind of trivializes a lot of the combat for me, but my single biggest continuous challenge has been the loving camera when planting rice. Why does it shift just slightly when I move :qq:

Saoshyant posted:

To those who played it, how's the soundtrack? Legit question, makes a difference for me in these sort of games. Also, how's the Switch port?
My experience so far on the Switch has been absolutely fine, no slowdowns or anything, and it looks good, though obviously not as nice as on other platforms from what I've seen in videos. Doesn't seem like a huge difference graphically. The soundtrack is good imo but nothing special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Maybe Kinta can create some sort of steadicam contraption from all these pieces of bamboo and deer antlers littering my home :hmmyes:

Incredibly important info missing from the OP-

I have 15 cats on my farm and I don't think they have any purpose but to be picked up and walked around with

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Finished the game last night.

The last boss was kind of a chore, but not super difficult once I figured things out. Was kind of annoyed that they (sort of spoiler) introduced an entirely new mechanic for literally the last fight that you have to use. Took me a couple tries to get used to using it and figuring out the enemy tells. I also ended up pushing all the way to the 90th floor in the 100-floor dungeon and my weapons seemed to immediately just stop doing any meaningful damage to enemies there so I figure it's just a matter of grinding out some levels which I kind of don't have a ton of interest in.

Overall, this game was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone wandering into this thread with a passing interest in a sidescroller beat-em-up and/or a farming sim !