Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terry Harri

How could have possibly solved that one? You practically need to be a maestro to have done it. For those lagging behind, good, maybe consider giving up?

I noticed that silly knut has already posted the link for the next puzzle so that you may help them retrieve the next cyberkey. But I'm not worried. You know when I set up these defenses, I did my research. I read all about the summer advent. Including the puzzle most despised by BYOB.

And I used it to my advantage. :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i've decrypted the puzzleventure, (watching a lot of wheel of fortune paid off), but i have to to find success today

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Stoner Sloth

Terry Harri posted:

How could have possibly solved that one? You practically need to be a maestro to have done it. For those lagging behind, good, maybe consider giving up?

I noticed that silly knut has already posted the link for the next puzzle so that you may help them retrieve the next cyberkey. But I'm not worried. You know when I set up these defenses, I did my research. I read all about the summer advent. Including the puzzle most despised by BYOB.

And I used it to my advantage. :twisted:

hey Terry, looking through the advent thread I found this picture of u r mom :evilbuddy:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

i think i managed to solve the puzzle... but i'm not sure what im supposed to do afterwards

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Terry Harri

If you think you're both so clever, then why don't you tell me what it says :colbert:.

Stoner Sloth

hey Terry, I solved your puzzle... and it's been a minute or so, any chance you want to give me the password?

Terry Harri

Stoner Sloth posted:

hey Terry, I solved your puzzle... and it's been a minute or so, any chance you want to give me the password?

Hah! Although, I can confirm to you that only I have access to this password--do you really think I'm just going to hand it out to you like that? Right here on a forum?

Fat chance! You'd have to force me to talk to you to get it out of me and here, I can ignore you as I'd like. Whew that was a nice venting--I feel better already.

biosterous

hi terry! it's currently 7:44 PM on the dot, just mentioning for no reason.

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

hi terry! i'd just like you to know that, with a little bit of patience, i solved puzzle fourteen!

gallery of sigs

he/him

beer pal

ive done it again and got the password for fourteen

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Heather Papps

hello friend

beer pal posted:

ive done it again and got the password for fourteen

someone stop beer pal i want a turn being smart

beer pal

just hoping that if im first nut will be realeased into my custody so i can put him in prison for good

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Stoner Sloth

Terry Harri posted:

Hah! Although, I can confirm to you that only I have access to this password--do you really think I'm just going to hand it out to you like that? Right here on a forum?

Fat chance! You'd have to force me to talk to you to get it out of me and here, I can ignore you as I'd like. Whew that was a nice venting--I feel better already.

Don't be like that Terry, you know who doesn't give out passwords to hard working puzzle solvers? Chickadees, that's who!

If you don't believe me then here:

Is that who you want to be? Really?

Heather Papps

hello friend

*cracks knuckles*
YEAH i solved two internet puzzles in one day today thanks to the handicap built into the system anyways who are you?

Stoner Sloth

with a little bit of help, i am happy to report success on this puzzle!

more falafel please

forums poster

hey terry, I solved your puzzle and it's been a minute. gimme that dang password

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Stoner Sloth

more falafel please posted:

hey terry, I solved your puzzle and it's been a minute. gimme that dang password

a helpful piece of advice i got it is if you can't find who to ask, sometimes it's best to go back to the beginning and be patient

more falafel please

forums poster

Stoner Sloth posted:

a helpful piece of advice i got it is if you can't find who to ask, sometimes it's best to go back to the beginning and be patient

got it!

Stoner Sloth

:hellyeah:

Terry Harri

I have a grandchild who grew up a fan of Spawn. If he could see what you heathens have done to his hero, he would've stolen nut too.

I'm disgusted. stupid knut has dug up another one of my puzzles, but I don't care. What's the worst you're going to do this time--learn about birds?

biosterous

i did indeed learn about birds, and solved puzzle 15 while doing it! thanks terry!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

biosterous posted:

i did indeed learn about birds, and solved puzzle 15 while doing it! thanks terry!

wow, that was quick - any hints for the rest of us friend?

figuring that the numbers are key but not sure which ones are important or what order?

biosterous

there's an important pattern, but there's no obvious pattern to the numbers...

gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

success :peanut:

thanks for the clue, good one - managed to get it just before based on a hunch but that's definitely a good hint!

more falafel please

forums poster

i was successful as well after a few tries. it was slightly more complicated than I originally thought

Goons Are Gifts

I feel like everyone should see this awesome website that we definitely don't try to hack into, so let me sticky this so EVERYONE can see what NOT to do

Terry Harri

Ok, right, you've all had your fun, right?

You've run off with all my passwords and three of my keys, but you'll leave this last, lonely key to me, right?

...it's about sharing!! Yeah! You get all the fun times you had solving puzzles together and I keep the key and nut! Sounds like a fair deal to me, L.O.L!

This is all I've got left. Please.

biosterous

... something has gone wrong!

e: okay, there is no longer something terribly wrong

biosterous fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 6, 2020

gallery of sigs

he/him

Terry Harri

biosterous posted:

... something has gone wrong!

Hah! You're right it has. You've solved a bunch of my puzzles.

I certainly wouldn't try again, if I were you. Just give up now.

more falafel please

forums poster

we've got five pictures that have been mspainted over, their divs each have names and they have file names that all seem relevant:

1: id: javert, filename: 1_hal.png
quote is from 2001

2: id: manure, filename: 2_jt.png
quote is from full metal jacket

3: id: sugary, filename: 3_jack.png
quote is from the shining

4: id: friday, filename: 4_alex.png
quote is from a clockwork orange

5: id: rhythm, filename: 5_harford.png
quote is from eyes wide shut

so we got a Kubrick ending line thing here?

biosterous

more falafel please posted:

we've got five pictures that have been mspainted over, their divs each have names and they have file names that all seem relevant:

1: id: javert, filename: 1_hal.png
bg img
quote is from 2001

2: id: manure, filename: 2_jt.png
bg img
quote is from full metal jacket

3: id: sugary, filename: 3_jack.png
bg img
quote is from the shining

4: id: friday, filename: 4_alex.png
bg img
quote is from a clockwork orange

5: id: rhythm, filename: 5_harford.png
bg img
quote is from eyes wide shut

so we got a Kubrick ending line thing here?

turning these into links, and also including the background image behind them - i would not be surprised if they are also relevant somehow!

teamwork :buddy:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i'm happy to report that i've solved number 16! this puzzle definitely has layers to it, that's for sure!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

no success yet but i just got home i just wanted to say drat i love a good puzzlin'

Stoner Sloth

biosterous posted:

i'm happy to report that i've solved number 16! this puzzle definitely has layers to it, that's for sure!

:nice:

can you spare any hints my puzzle solving expert friend?

biosterous

Stoner Sloth posted:

:nice:

can you spare any hints my puzzle solving expert friend?

there is actually a hint in that post :ssh:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

biosterous posted:

there is actually a hint in that post :ssh:

i figured but i think i'm too dumb to get the hint lol :shh:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stop, this instant! We can't free nut--he's a dangerous poster! His posts will cause the demise of our friend, pecan!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I kinda want to skip ahead to help out whatever the current puzzle might be. It's twelve, right? Is there any progress so far on it?

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Terry Harri

biosterous posted:

...is this it? Just one poster? Hah! That won't free nut. These puzzlegates are encrypted not only with advanced key technology but also deep-seated hatred that can only be overcome with more friends succeeding.

blaise rascal posted:

I kinda want to skip ahead to help out whatever the current puzzle might be. It's twelve, right? Is there any progress so far on it?

Look here, for example! This poster thinks that the twelfth puzzle is the most recent! Adorable...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

blaise rascal posted:

we're up to number 16 lol! (well bios has figured that one out but i haven't yet) - number 12 you need to find clues from the earlier puzzles to solve where to find the next puzzles, u ar likely to be able to figure it out from where the other ones are located!