Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Thanks for the website Terry, but I have a phobia (fear) of birds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Also I am really bad at puzzles. Good luck!

Terry Harri

All this talk of puzzles and passwords and secrets in between what otherwise just seems like black bars of posts and some would argue too few compliments for the Nuthatch, I have grown suspicious.

My incisive insight was confirmed soon after my suspicions grew when a poster in confidence and in private has informed me that some of you (likely the one posting positively about chickadees) have been "hacking" my Internet directories.

Let me here and now state that there is nothing else to my website besides a humble love for Nuthatches and anything you have stumbled on beyond that is a glitch, which is a computer term for error.

Following this, I will be editing my second post in this Internet thread to highlight specific pages I have specifically been told are not to be visited. They are glitched and could hurt you. I keep them here as a reminder that they should not be visited.

Beyond that, I will remind you that "hacking" is illegal pursuant to the laws of the World Wide Web. Please simply leave my Nuthatch site be and instead engage with it entirely by visiting multiple times on all of your electronic devices.

On a positive note, the numbers behind the scenes have grown tremendously overnight. I knew B.Y.O.B. would be a reliable community for "engagement".

Lastly, remember to visit the Nuthatch today if you haven't already!

alnilam

Think I saw a nuthatch outside today! :peanut: :blessed:

I'm terrible at puzzles :( but this one is making me have some serious thirst (dot png) so I'm gonna have 5 ounces of water, and every 5th sip will spell out: ZTUTXJYRMSMYFDM ... which does not seem to abate my thirst one bit! but that's what i've got so far

ty manifisto

Trying

alnilam posted:

Think I saw a nuthatch outside today! :peanut: :blessed:

I'm terrible at puzzles :( but this one is making me have some serious thirst (dot png) so I'm gonna have 5 ounces of water, and every 5th sip will spell out: ZTUTXJYRMSMYFDM ... which does not seem to abate my thirst one bit! but that's what i've got so far

all of the non-five letter words i know for first were also not effective

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I like the illustrations! I beat One. I'm glad it didn't drag on too long!

biosterous

terry, what do you think about house sparrows? where do they fall on the nuthatch vs chickadee conflict? i'd love two hear your complete thoughts on this!

ooh, i got this one pretty quick - once i went through my starting rotation of puzzle-solving attempts it took just over a score of tries to get it

biosterous fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 20, 2020

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Finger Prince

Red or white breasted?

Terry Harri

Prurient Squid posted:

I like the illustrations!

Thank you I did them myself. I assume you are talking about my naturalistic sketchings. All of the other graphics were done by an...acquaintance.

biosterous posted:

terry, what do you think about house sparrows? where do they fall on the nuthatch vs chickadee conflict? i'd love two hear your complete thoughts on this!

You seem to have bolded some of your words by accident in your post. Sparrows are horrible, particularly in light of Nuthatches. I'd say perhaps Sparrows and Killdeer are equally horrible.

Finger Prince posted:

Red or white breasted?

I fear that, in order to keep this thread PG-13, I will avoid asking a question so...blue.

Finger Prince

Terry Harri posted:

I fear that, in order to keep this thread PG-13, I will avoid asking a question so...blue.

Like your balls, or your nuts, that are bursting to hatch!

Escape From Noise

Terry Harri posted:

Thank you I did them myself. I assume you are talking about my naturalistic sketchings. All of the other graphics were done by an...acquaintance.

You seem to have bolded some of your words by accident in your post. Sparrows are horrible, particularly in light of Nuthatches. I'd say perhaps Sparrows and Killdeer are equally horrible.

Where I live (Japan) having sparrows build a nest on the outside of your house is considered good luck.

Stoner Sloth

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Where I live (Japan) having sparrows build a nest on the outside of your house is considered good luck.

what are their opinions on Nuthatches? is Japan pro or anti nut in your opinion friend?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Escape From Noise

Stoner Sloth posted:

what are their opinions on Nuthatches? is Japan pro or anti nut in your opinion friend?

My opinion is I'm really freaked out by pretty much all birds, with the exception of ducks.

I don't think they have nut hatches here

Stoner Sloth

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

My opinion is I'm really freaked out by pretty much all birds, with the exception of ducks.

I don't think they have nut hatches here

sorry to hear that friend, though ducks are p cool i don't mind most birds - aussie magpies can be dangerous (naturally) but i kinda like having them around

having trouble with this one friends, any hints and or tips?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Stoner Sloth posted:

sorry to hear that friend, though ducks are p cool i don't mind most birds - aussie magpies can be dangerous (naturally) but i kinda like having them around

having trouble with this one friends, any hints and or tips?

I love most birds! but i can't stand the permanent enemy of the nuthatch, the chickadee (I learned this from Terry's website--another success my friend :) )

biosterous has a good point on their puzzle solving rotation, though I'm not sure I understand why their 21st try was the meaningful one. it didn't take me nearly that many, though to be fair...

...I think I went an entirely different direction with it

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Escape From Noise

I remember as a kid my great grandpa got me a subscription to a magazine called Chickadee

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

biosterous

Terry Harri posted:

thanks, terry! i'm happy to learn how rotten sparrows are!

gallery of sigs

he/him

more falafel please

forums poster

if you're not getting lucky with the rotten number you're used to, maybe try something less unlucky

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

google THIS

An early hunch I had turned out to be correct, giving me something to sigh for. I do wish that certain answers were less sensitive; I feel like I need to shout to be heard

Prurient Squid

I found that to be quite a trial really. It nearly gave me a caeser.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

God, I wish I wasn't so bad at puzzles. Other than sudoku, I loving crush sudoku. Anyhow chickadees go to Mars and drive cool cars, nuthatches go to Jupiter to get more stupider.

Escape From Noise

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

God, I wish I wasn't so bad at puzzles. Other than sudoku, I loving crush sudoku. Anyhow chickadees go to Mars and drive cool cars, nuthatches go to Jupiter to get more stupider.

Same. I'm awful at puzzle stuff. Logic puzzles, okay. But this more free form sorta thing less so

Terry Harri

I, too, hate puzzles. They are like the chickadees of the thought world.

In fact, I hate puzzles so much that when I happen to stumble upon one, I don't even bother working with my friends to solve it, I just leave it alone. I erase the experience from my head and think about buying a bot account that will artificially bolster my favourite Internet website's traffic.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i thought i was pretty good at puzzles birdwatching but this ones giving me pause, to the point where i made my first pot of coffee in months to see if that helps (it hasn't)

the image is named thirst, there are 5 tally marks, everyone keeps hinting about rot? i dunno gonna take a brain break for a bit

pals check out THIS nuthatch!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Heather Papps posted:

i thought i was pretty good at puzzles birdwatching but this ones giving me pause, to the point where i made my first pot of coffee in months to see if that helps (it hasn't)

the image is named thirst, there are 5 tally marks, everyone keeps hinting about rot? i dunno gonna take a brain break for a bit

That nuthatch knows where to buy cocaine

Terry Harri

Heather Papps posted:

Zowie Wowie Mamma Jamma!!

Prurient Squid

I bet Chickadees would betray Morpheus.

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

wow, that is quite the bird you've posted for us to watch!

you may want to try different ways of playing with the letters. i've got the letters visible here, organized by the lines they're in, in case you don't want to type them all up yourself: https://pastebin.com/nrpHBMWK. nothing pre-solved, just all typed up to save a little work

gallery of sigs

he/him

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Heather Papps posted:

i can imagine you're pretty thirsty in the morning if you only had coffee! but I'd put your thirst aside for now, it's just going to distract you from more important things

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

google THIS

Heather Papps posted:

Nice 'hatch.

There are online tools that can automatically turn the letters into something readable, if you figure out the right idea of how they need to be changed

Terry Harri

Ah, that's nicer, a lot of positive chatter about Nuthatches, just as I had envisioned.

Admittedly, I'm still rather on edge that a poster or two is attempting to backtrace my cyberspace, but perhaps I am being overly suspicious of such a welcoming community.

Wait no, I definitely felt something.

alnilam

Terry my bud which is your favorite kind of nuthatch? Your wonderful web site is surprisingly mum on the subject.

I got #2! The online tool hint was helpful as was the reference to roman rulers, which was not a thing i had heard of before. Ty for the hints all.

e: oh my The Hideout has a new one

ty manifisto

biosterous

helpful reminder to people like me: sometimes your browser will display cached content instead of updated content! in firefox reloading with ctrl+shift+r will ignore the cache and force a fresh load. this is useful for making sure you have the latest nuthatch information and in my case seeing the link to puzzle #3 because it wasn't there because i kept seeing the cached page lol

gallery of sigs

he/him

HugeGrossBurrito
lol this is amazing

alnilam

Terry I'm waiting

aaah i finally got something useful!! turn contrast all the way up and brightness all the way down or up

it doesn't work directly in any combination i tried but i'ma keep trying

e: eris is...
a dwarf planet
discord / discordia / goddess of chaos
in the above role, also was a character from Billy and Mandy
something to do with the discord? the planetoid? pale?? idk???

alnilam fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 20, 2020

ty manifisto

biosterous

terry, i'm glad you posted about your website! it seems like you've had a lot of success in the past three days!

oh man, i'm glad you posted that, thanks al!! i can't even find the contrast settings for my laptop so i don't think i'd've found that on my own (and brightness alone doesn't work on my display). it gave me enough to sink my teeth into so i could solve it

gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

bios, thanks so much for that website on logging birds for watching it really helped, and everyone. however i've only just found success with todays watching and now i have another nuthatch challenge? oh boy!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Stoner Sloth

i don't think i'm cut out to be a bird watcher lol haven't seen a single nut hatch!

I'm finding these impossible, lol the hints are just as confusing to me. think i'm just not a puzzle person or possibly too high to figure it out

Prurient Squid

I'm a complete begginer at nuthatches. Are they called that because they eat nuts? Do they have specially shaped beaks for breaking open nuts? I'm clueless! Three clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey mom its 420

great website!!! love your positive attitude op. all the best

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!