Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

google THIS

I like this site but I know someone who says it sucks. That is, someone who "sucks" says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

Stoner Sloth posted:

a clue: it can be a bit of a drag to try to figure it out but i think it helps to have a clear mental image to picture what the password might be!

e: also worth remembering that cases like this can be a bit sensitive

Yes, it's important to remember that things aren't always as transparent as they seem

google THIS

An early hunch I had turned out to be correct, giving me something to sigh for. I do wish that certain answers were less sensitive; I feel like I need to shout to be heard

google THIS

Heather Papps posted:

i thought i was pretty good at puzzles birdwatching but this ones giving me pause, to the point where i made my first pot of coffee in months to see if that helps (it hasn't)

the image is named thirst, there are 5 tally marks, everyone keeps hinting about rot? i dunno gonna take a brain break for a bit

pals check out THIS nuthatch!

Nice 'hatch.

There are online tools that can automatically turn the letters into something readable, if you figure out the right idea of how they need to be changed

google THIS

It's still unclear to me whether some kind of offsite might hide more information about nuthatches, or whether a picture alone is worth a thousand words, or at least two at high contrast, and everything I could ever want to know about nuthatches could be garnered from there.

google THIS

google THIS posted:

It's still unclear to me whether some kind of offsite might hide more information about nuthatches, or whether a picture alone is worth a thousand words, or at least two at high contrast, and everything I could ever want to know about nuthatches could be garnered from there.

Ah, now it's clear that there's an option number three.

google THIS

Chickadees are such pretty birds. Who would imagine they'd be such jerks? It's an important reminder not to trust all that glitters. four clear

google THIS

Heather Papps posted:

it is very important when doing the tango, to take note of the amount of fingers and toes your partner has, and if they have any vision problems

I'd like to know more so I can dance properly when I sight a nuthatch. Are the steps all about the numbers or do they evoke a word like previous victory dances?

google THIS

Wow, I saw five--no, six nuthatches today. Double success!

google THIS

Terry I know chickadees eschew responsive design entirely because they're jerks but parts of your site are a little difficult to navigate on mobile

google THIS

I'm still trying to find my ninth and tenth nuthatches.

I think the ninth one likes placing emphasis on certain things, perhaps letters?

And I'm fairly certain I know what needs to be combined to find the tenth one, but various combinations of one or both syllables of the addends aren't working.

google THIS

more falafel please posted:

for the ninth one, that's not it. there's nothing being emphasized. no letters or characters are being emphasized at all

for ten, you need a little bit more information about each of the pokemans. neither of them are from the original 151, they're from a later time when there are larger numbers of pokemon

Thanks, I just had double success...at spotting chickadees, that is. Darn, more stupid chickadees. Phooey and whatnot. Wish they were nuthatches, because they're totally not.

google THIS

Anyway, here's this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

google THIS

Do we still need a lurker it's down to the wire here :sweatshop:

google THIS

biosterous posted:

reminder to all puzzle solvers to check out this weird email before trying to spot 11 nuthatches :buddy:

I had great success finding an eleventh nuthatch after reading that email. It must be good luck!

If you look closely at the email, you can almost see 11 nuthatches all in a row. Their head plumage is especially beautiful.

google THIS

!! I'm on to something here, in fact I think I've cracked two of the three parts of the final puzzle.

A couple of things I'm certain of: The number 12 is fairly significant, and sometimes a string of characters isn't as random as it looks.

google THIS

Yes! I have successfully cracked #12, which I needn't pretend is a nuthatch at all!

The three images on the new page (including the background image) are all clues for parts of the puzzle.

Suffice to say, I think our friend Terry has interests other than nuthatches...say, Greek Mythology?

To figure out the rest, you'll want to pay attention to where the other puzzles thus far are located.

google THIS

biosterous posted:

i'm pretty sure i've got the solution for some bad chemistry, and i'm confident about all the hard work i've put in (barring a possible c/k confusion?) but i think i've already established from previous posts that i'm bad with numbers! it's like i've got two slices of puzzle bread ready but can't figure out what to put in it

(i actually noticed the pattern for the first and last parts the other day and was hoping it would be relevant :peanut:)

The numbers are powerful but they have a weakness

google THIS fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 1, 2020

google THIS

I figured it out by literally typing all the numbers into the search bar. I really do earn my name v:shobon:v

google THIS

What if this isn't Terry's final form? :ohdear:

google THIS

I like chickadees. There I said it. I'm gonna go watch for some chickadees right now. I am hoping to find upwards of four in the coming days.

google THIS

Heather Papps posted:

i don't know what the password is but i'm pretty sure it's going to include a typo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

Having trouble spotting my first or possibly thirteenth chickadee.

So we've got funny typos, a shot of the NPR studio that says "wait wait don't solve me," and a Nutelodeon Time Blaster AM/FM clock radio. That's all I got.