Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
[espn voice] who's number one? who's number one?
This poll is closed.
anthony edwards 6 30.00%
james wiseman 1 5.00%
lamelo ball 8 40.00%
onyeka okongwu 1 5.00%
THE FIELD 4 20.00%
deni avedija lmao 0 0%
patrick williams 0 0%
Total: 20 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't know why they still use Bilas for this when Mike Schmitz is right there and way better at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is this an interview or an NBA press conference

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am watching pre-draft Coverage in the hopes that we get an insane trade

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Bilas doesn't watch NBA so he can hype all the college dudes endlessly without realising the NBA is way better now than it's ever been.

"James Wiseman can really shoot for a big man!"

Yeah, if it was like 2014.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

I stole this from the Sixers subreddit, but the juxtaposition of these two is hilarious.

Im going to kick this guys rear end in real life

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am watching pre-draft Coverage in the hopes that we get an insane trade

the rockets sold a pick to get off the trevor ariza contract they traded for yesterday

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i hope they relentlessly cut to guys who are dropping while they stare ruefully at their phones

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

the rockets sold a pick to get off the trevor ariza contract they traded for yesterday

:siren:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

tanglewood1420 posted:

Bilas doesn't watch NBA so he can hype all the college dudes endlessly without realising the NBA is way better now than it's ever been.

to be fair this is a thing a lot of people think

He might eventually he able to like stand in a corner and hit spot ups but I'm not sure it'd even change my feeling that he is like the definition of a Pretty Good Center all that much

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I stole this from the Sixers subreddit, but the juxtaposition of these two is hilarious.

God our Fanbase is loving weird. I mean even odds that the person who did that is Jewish too.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

tanglewood1420 posted:

he compared deni to klay too

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm getting wings and rice from a local place called "Wings and Rice" that does a good job on wings and rice, among other things.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol at their little schoolboy desks

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
i dont care what no one gonna tell me about any euro unless their name is FRAN

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

I'm getting wings and rice from a local place called "Wings and Rice" that does a good job on wings and rice, among other things.

We want the Rick board!!! Rick Board ! Rick Board! Rick Board!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here is a weird thing, but has Lavar been just completely silent this whole time? i don't recall seeing a lot of lavar stuff this year, you'd think with LaMelo going potentially #1 he'd be doing his bullshit and launching at least 1 failed business venture

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

here is a weird thing, but has Lavar been just completely silent this whole time? i don't recall seeing a lot of lavar stuff this year, you'd think with LaMelo going potentially #1 he'd be doing his bullshit and launching at least 1 failed business venture

I think the kids all told him to chill out.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Katana_Warrior posted:

he compared deni to klay too

this is not quite as bad as comping rui to kawhi but it's very close

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

I think the kids all told him to chill out.

doesn't seem like a guy you could get to chill out, like telling larry david to not make a big deal about a wedding seating arrangement or something

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

doesn't seem like a guy you could get to chill out, like telling larry david to not make a big deal about a wedding seating arrangement or something

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

bring me poku

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hat box. That's all just hat box

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

What do those smell like, I wonder?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i voted wiseman

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Hand Knit posted:

I'm excited for some chaos. I'm excited for some trades.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Feel kind of bad that Minny fans can't just enjoy having the top pick

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jay williams damning a guy as an "andrew wiggins type" what a fall

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

There also might have been some bad blood over the Big Baller Brand thing kind of being a bust? I dunno, but to his credit it does kinda seem like he realized he was hurting more than helping and he's focused all his effort on trying to get the lovely middle Ball a job instead of loving with the actually talented ones

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If Klay is dead does that change Golden State strategy at all? Feels like they either need a wing and a big or trade down for both and Klay’s status doesn’t change that but maybe moves up the immediacy.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rick posted:

good name

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I would like for the Dallas Mavericks to draft a wing defender who can hit open 3s. It would also be cool if they were able to trade that pick for an established player who can do that.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Libertine posted:

If Klay is dead does that change Golden State strategy at all? Feels like they either need a wing and a big or trade down for both and Klay’s status doesn’t change that but maybe moves up the immediacy.

Might make them more likely to take Edwards if Ball goes one yeah

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Every1 post your draft hot takes for future semisentient cyborgs to laugh at. My prediction is that cole anthony and anthony edwards will probably have similar careers

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Here comes the first pick. Here comes the big moment.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

We want the Rick board!!! Rick Board ! Rick Board! Rick Board!

My DVR died shortly after I started watching games and then college was cancelled so it did not happen for me this year.

Based on players I saw:

1. Josh Green
2. Nico Manion
3. Zeke Nnaji
4. Reggie Perry
5. Trey Jones

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I think that some of the players drafted tonight will turn out to be quite good and some will be pretty bad and they may not be the ones you expect!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Hand Knit posted:

Here comes the first pick. Here comes the big moment.

No way there's not 10 more minutes of bullshit

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I am ready to talk Motors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I haven't been following college football at all this year and am astonished to learn that Northwestern in is playing a Big Game

Chicago's Big Ten Team baby