Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
There's now like ten cars in front of the house of my neighbor who died of covid. So either his wife, who also had Covid, is home from the hospital or she died too and they're divying up the property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

rest in peace to your neighbor and a Schrodinger's resn in peace for his wife

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I don't know anyone who's died from it, but my mom and I contracted it, I was worried because she lives with him, and he's in his seventies and is high risk do to a heart condition and respiratory problems. Miraculously he did not catch it (he got a test) and we've tested both tested negative for it now . We're still very exhausted an get occasionally get coughs an sore throats that are residual effects from it.

We didn't go to the hospital, but GODDAMN did it suck. Even having a mild case. It changes hour to hour, the one thing that was constant though was the mental fog and trouble thinking. But for example I'd be laying down, resting; feeling like I felt better, so I played a video game or go read the forums and it was back, like hitting a brick wall. The coughing/sore throat, and shortness of breath were worrying, as was the heaviness in the chest, but the worst part was the extreme exhaustion. The whole time, even now, your body hurts and you are weak 24/7. Not cool and bad, wouldn't recommend. Wear a mask, social distance, and take the vaccine when it's your turn to get it.

COVID-19 don't gently caress around and trifle with fools who think it's "just the flu". It'll knock you on ya rear end or into a grave.

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

Our kids dance teacher, and her grand mother. And we have several friends who got it and were sick for months and still deal with weird side effects like memory loss and issues with balance etc. It's a scary rear end illness.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

The guy who hung out in my building's laundry room watching telenovelas all the time died from it. Aside from that, I know like 5 or 6 more people who got it and recovered, and they each said they were sick for 3 to 4 weeks. Laundry room dude was probably the oldest out of everyone though.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

reat in peace dance teacher and laundry room telenovela man

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

A friend I knew through an online game that we played together for several years died from it back in April. She worked for her state's DMV, so I assume she caught it from interacting with the public there. Was in her late 40s.

I came down with symptoms and tested positive for it myself the first week of this month, but I've already recovered and retested as negative.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Not yet, but maybe for Christmas!

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I've lost relationships with people who outed themselves as selfish assholes, but no one has died afaik

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Sid Vicious posted:

reat in peace dance teacher and laundry room telenovela man

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
Like 4 family friends aged between 40 and 90 back in the UK
I haven't had it and have been wearing a mask literally every day since January (in Japan they've always been pretty accessible) and reading some replies in this thread make me seriously question the capacity of people who choose not to when outside near others. I feel genuinely naked without one now, every day I'm walking to the bus stop I'll see this 100 year old guy doddering along with no mask and I wonder if he just has had enough of it all at this point

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
And I dont think you grasp how stupid a question this is.

Sid Vicious posted:

i havent but im curious if anyone has
Well a million people are dead, does anyone know these people? That's like being curious if water is as wet as people are saying it is.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My sister tested positive today

Shes an nurse so i hope she didnt bring it to her home.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

verbal enema posted:

My wife does x-ray in a heart cath lab and I teach. It's the longest game of shortest-straw ever.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Babylon Astronaut posted:

And I dont think you grasp how stupid a question this is.

Well a million people are dead, does anyone know these people? That's like being curious if water is as wet as people are saying it is.

oh drat i thought he was asking people to share their personal experiences but thanks to this genius who is completely normal and not a dumb brokebrained piece of poo poo i see it was just a rhetorical question

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
And it's a stupid loving rhetorical question too. It would have taken literally seconds to ask in a way that didnt make you seem like the most credulous idiot on the face of the earth.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Mulaney Power Move posted:

oh drat i thought he was asking people to share their personal experiences but thanks to this genius who is completely normal and not a dumb brokebrained piece of poo poo i see it was just a rhetorical question

Lol

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

And it's a stupid loving rhetorical question too. It would have taken literally seconds to ask in a way that didnt make you seem like the most credulous idiot on the face of the earth.

i see we've never met

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
It must be a translation issue. Apparently to the non broke brain, have you lost anyone to covid? I haven't but I'm curious if anyone has" actually means please share your loss and condolences, when in standard english, it's a fantastically stupid question .

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sid Vicious posted:

i see we've never met

lmao

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

It must be a translation issue. Apparently to the non broke brain, have you lost anyone to covid? I haven't but I'm curious if anyone has" actually means please share your loss and condolences, when in standard english, it's a fantastically stupid question .
cool, now shut up you loving weirdo idiot

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You seem upset

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Sid Vicious posted:

I don't think you grasp the thread

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

verbal enema posted:

hopefully she does ok

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

What

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

if i missed anyone while i was being interrogated, rest in peace

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

What the gently caress is wrong with your brain?

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I'm thinking this is more of a "you" issue.

content: I have an uncle who is currently dying/dead of covid. I never knew him that well, but he's a good guy, and nobody deserves to be stuck on a ventilator.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ohnobugs posted:

I'm thinking this is more of a "you" issue.

content: I have an uncle who is currently dying/dead of covid. I never knew him that well, but he's a good guy, and nobody deserves to be stuck on a ventilator.

ik sorry to hear about your uncle, another Schrodinger's rest in peace for him

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For all the COVID fans out there, it’s a sad day for the underground labcorp facilities in Charleston, West Virginia. :shrug:

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
My buddy at work died in August. He was about to retire too. He was 63 years old, black, diabetic, asthma. It killed him quick.

Then another guy at work caught it a couple weeks later and died. I didn't know him that well but I knew he was an anti masker. It still sucks that he died, but people at work who weren't taking it seriously started taking it seriously.

Now my mother has it, or had it. She got it in the hospital with a broken hip and leg. She was asymptomatic but now she has fluid built up in her chest and congested heart failure.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I work for a hospital doing medical record requests. There's a lot of covid deaths that I see paperwork on, but the one that got me was an elderly man who had a DNR and chose not to get put on a ventilator, knowing he wouldn't survive. His wife was allowed to come see him, and in the notes, before the documentation of the time of death, the doctor wrote that she prayed with the man and his wife as he passed. I'm the furthest thing from religious, but that was the most personal and emotional thing I've ever seen in a chart.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Me

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
A close friend's grandmother died of it just a couple of weeks ago. She was already quite old and in bad shape but it was the covid that did her in.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I tested negative.
Wife tested positive.
Neither of us have any symptoms.

So...

Either a 10000:1 chance we both are asymptomatic

or

a 4% chance of a false positive for my wife

I don't know. Glad we're not gettin' got.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I genuinely think I already had it back in early February. I went to a video game arcade in my city and there were a TON of Chinese exchange students who go to the university in my town who had just come back from Winter holidays and the start of the new term (winter vacation is really long here). I was walking around near a ton of them and using the same arcade joysticks as them in a confined space with lovely ventilation. I remember specifically sitting down in the Mario Kart arcade game after four Chinese girls finished and got up. This was around the time they were talking about how they were running out of hospitals in China and building like 500 new ones.

Almost exactly one week after that I developed a weird, shallow, very dry cough that lasted for like, a solid month. Occasionally phlegm and some weird fever moments. I was just kind of dealing with it and never really put the clues together until later. Maybe I'll get tested to see if I have the antigens. In which case, I might be a patient zero in my city and inadvertently exposed everyone to it slowly, actually saving lives and making the infection rate way slower than in other parts of the country (our area has been one of the slowest increases in covid rates in the entire USA).

I'm a hero, you see.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

AHH F/UGH posted:

I genuinely think I already had it back in early February. I went to a video game arcade in my city and there were a TON of Chinese exchange students who go to the university in my town who had just come back from Winter holidays and the start of the new term (winter vacation is really long here). I was walking around near a ton of them and using the same arcade joysticks as them in a confined space with lovely ventilation. I remember specifically sitting down in the Mario Kart arcade game after four Chinese girls finished and got up. This was around the time they were talking about how they were running out of hospitals in China and building like 500 new ones.

Almost exactly one week after that I developed a weird, shallow, very dry cough that lasted for like, a solid month. Occasionally phlegm and some weird fever moments. I was just kind of dealing with it and never really put the clues together until later. Maybe I'll get tested to see if I have the antigens. In which case, I might be a patient zero in my city and inadvertently exposed everyone to it slowly, actually saving lives and making the infection rate way slower than in other parts of the country (our area has been one of the slowest increases in covid rates in the entire USA).

I'm a hero, you see.

I mean, it sounds like you didn't actually get it and all the people you came into contact with during that time period didn't mysteriously also get Covid. But on the other hand everybody knows that Chinapeople are always vectors so who's to say what the truth is really?

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Thankfully, haven't caught it, and don't know of anyone that's died from it.

I've been nervous because Christmas is coming, and I work for a major shipping company in a city with one of their largest hubs. I'm an IT employee, and since March I've been working from home, and have been keeping to myself mostly because hey, if you don't run into people who have it, you can't catch it right? But with Christmas coming, my employer over the past few years has been calling out as many of its management and IT employees as it can to work in the main operation. Basically I go from being a programmer to being a package handler for most December leading up to Christmas. It sucks because it's very physical work, and well, typing poo poo into a computer is not.

Well, that starts next Tuesday, and the hub has been one of the bigger hotspots for the virus in the entire city. I'm nervous.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

sexy tiger boobs posted:

My dad went to the hospital for a foot infection, got covid there and died 3 weeks later. Preemptive thanks for the rip.

rest in peace (picking up for Sid)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Giggle Goose posted:

A close friend's grandmother died of it just a couple of weeks ago. She was already quite old and in bad shape but it was the covid that did her in.

rest in the peace