Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Algund Eenboom posted:

He was Disrespectful to the Legacy of Duke Basketball

That whole outrage was very dumb but nah it's been around way longer than that, he moved high schools a few times and there was always talk that something happened but never whether or not it was something actually bad or just him smoking weed or something.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

You're correct, but i am also remembering last year when out of nowhere draft people started talking about how anthony edwards has "personal issues" that they refused to elaborate on in anything but the vaguest terms, so maybe it's a similar situation, which is to say, any number of situations, and I'm not sure why i wrote this post

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I don't remember anything with Edwards until right before the draft where he gave an interview where he said he likes football and rapping more than basketball and everyone freaked out

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

I don't remember anything with Edwards until right before the draft where he gave an interview where he said he likes football and rapping more than basketball and everyone freaked out

there was tons of press about how he didn't want to win, should have went to a higher-pressure school with something to play for, etc. i remember because i fell for it. shameful reporters.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

It was this weird one-off video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z40CqOGzBrE#t=470s where they segue out of nowhere into talking about how edwards can't go to the hawks because he's going to have "problems" there and he needs to get out of the atlanta area asap. It was so bizarre because there was no other information from anywhere about it and all of a sudden sam vecenie & friends are talking about him like he's the leader of the bloods or whatever. Though i guess they also discuss lamelo's "entitlement issues" so maybe it was all rumormongering

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Problems in Atlanta could just means the dude loves wings.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the lamelo thing i get, i can follow the very stupid and tenuous thread of his dad founding a basketball league for him and liangelo to star in as being a sign of him being spoiled or whatever and his very casual relationship with man-to-man defense as not having been raised tuff enuff

but that anthony edwards stuff seems made up out of whole cloth. itís message board level rumors poo poo and the fact that it managed to stick at all is gross

Lockback
Sep 2, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

LaMelo did tell the Timberwolves not to draft him, which I guess is sorta entitled in the sense that most players wouldn't say "Don't pick me #1". But that's not really that bad and better to just say it outright than be pouty about your team after a couple years.

LaMelo also sorta looks like a dingus so it's easy to project on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

LaMelo did tell the Timberwolves not to draft him,

further proof of his high basketball IQ, should have boosted his stock if anything