Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

[Leigh Ellis] OKC Thunder expected to select Josh Giddey with the #6 overall pick tonight, per sources

How far will Kuminga fall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raptors "locked in " on Suggs if top 3 go as expected.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

[Leigh Ellis] OKC Thunder expected to select Josh Giddey with the #6 overall pick tonight, per sources

Oh poo poo

Should we have a draft game day thread now that the draft has sort of on officially begun?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Oh poo poo

Should we have a draft game day thread now that the draft has sort of on officially begun?

We can though this thread works pretty well for that purpose.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd62Z3DHsWA&t=59s

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

This kid does not look like a top 10 prospect to me based on this highlight real. Man, his handle is super awkward looking.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

warming up to Davion Mitchell

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
He's got a super low release on his shot too, and he kinda leans forward instead of going straight up. Good passer though

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Le Saboteur posted:

This kid does not look like a top 10 prospect to me based on this highlight real. Man, his handle is super awkward looking.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RAQYw0lQ3bWR0aGPPm80Mbq72ByPT9j3yedlNUIOLoY/edit?usp=sharing This is The Giddey breakdown to read if you feel like getting hype

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Giddey is 6'9" and lead a solid pro league in assists as an 18 year old. He was racking up triple doubles at the end of the year despite playing against adults in a super physical league and weighing like 180 pounds. He's a good prospect.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

MourningView posted:

Giddey is 6'9" and lead a solid pro league in assists as an 18 year old. He was racking up triple doubles at the end of the year despite playing against adults in a super physical league and weighing like 180 pounds. He's a good prospect.

He's a white point guard with a questionable shot. At a minimum, he projects to be a solid assistant coach and could even make head coach if he plays his cards right with the owners.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think if nothing else 6'9" with elite feel and passing gives you a pretty high floor to go along with the obvious upside if the shot comes along.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

yeah at a minimum it feels like he can socket into being a rotation guy running a second unit even if his shot stays busted. haven't watched tape on him, beyond compilations on YouTube so take my comment with a grain of salt

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974953

made gdt for baseless speculation + immortalizing yourself in the annals of history with freezing cold takes

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Is that the woj free thread?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is that the woj free thread?

No

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

there is no woj or shams free thread

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
If you’re Warriors coaching staff you start cursing the farther Kuminga falls?

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Calidus posted:

If you’re Warriors coaching staff you start cursing the farther Kuminga falls?

Because it'll be sadder (for them) to almost get him or because he would be a bad pick? I don't know anything about Kuminga.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Because it'll be sadder (for them) to almost get him or because he would be a bad pick? I don't know anything about Kuminga.

He fills a theoretically valuable archetype and looks like someone who should be good but mostly has not played up to it. His overall skill level is like 10-20% lower than it was generally getting hyped at and in game he's a very good but not elite athlete. The guy he reminds me of is Harrison Barnes which isn't bad as an outcome but I probably wouldn't take him with their first pick given who is likely to be on the board. There's definitely a world where he's a star or close to it but there's at least as good a chance that he's more like Stanley Johnson

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 30, 2021

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

MourningView posted:

He fills a theoretically valuable archetype and looks like someone who should be good but mostly has not played up to it. His overall skill level is like 10-20% lower than it was generally getting hyped at and in game he's a very good but not elite athlete. The guy he reminds me of is Harrison Barnes which isn't bad as an outcome but I probably wouldn't take him with their first pick given who is likely to be on the board. There's definitely a world where he's a star or close to it but there's at least as good a chance that he's more like Stanley Johnson

Thanks, that's very helpful. "Harrison Barnes" level is fine for a regular 7th overall but would be a bit of a disappointment this year.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

He is a high ceiling project, and the coaching staff wants to win now but with two picks you could the front office taking a filet on him if he drops.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
And I had just warmed up to Giddey. I guess Wagner is the pick if he falls.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NickRoweFillea posted:

And I had just warmed up to Giddey. I guess Wagner is the pick if he falls.

It sounds like Sacramento promised him

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

wrong thread

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Hornets next year:

Ball / Rozier / Hayward / PJ Washington / Plumlee

Graham / Bouknight / McDaniels / Bridges / Kai Jones

Third PG / JT Thor / Cody Martin / Vernon Carey / Biyombo (or whoever)

Scottie Lewis and someone else on two-ways.

It’s possible they cut McDaniels and bring in a veteran wing but I hope they don’t. Love this roster, really versatile and the right mix of steady hands and insane raw freak upside

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think Houston might have won the draft. Big fan of garuba and sengun.

Charlotte did great as well. Jones is gonna be awesome. And Thor! I think they might have everything they need now. Just water it and let it grow.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 30, 2021

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

okay I'm about to email Daryl with the selections I'd be okay with him making for the sixers with any of their picks. in order of current preference:
  • miles "deuce" mcbride: hell yeah, this dude can ball his rear end off on both ends. defense obviously won't translate entirely due to size, but the effort is there. the dunk on cade sold me.
  • quentin grimes: good looking shot and excellent instincts paired with questionable, covington-esque driving/ballhandling abilities. combining his effort with thybulle (or simmons) on defense would be fun.

• jericho sims : the Blue Coats highlights would be incredible.

the new York Knicks intercepted this email what the gently caress

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Stevie Lee posted:

the new York Knicks intercepted this email what the gently caress

Is Dolan a goon, or thibs?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Cade lowlights edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ_RlywEgZo

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

jalen green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M43aVGan-s

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It makes Jaylin green look like some type of broken spring toy

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1421967736259874817?s=19

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I’ve seen all I need to see, these young men are Guaranteed Busts

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Certainly increases his shot of going in the 1st round

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 3, 2021

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Evan Mobley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix6hEsFc3UQ

i couldn't find any horrible clips for this

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I saw some clips of some gigantic men giving him trouble, not sure if those are going to show up in the compilation

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1423785627846250496?s=19

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
gwickliffe@mlive.com
The Emoni Bates sweepstakes took a major leap forward on Wednesday.

The top high school basketball prospect in the country for the 2022 class reportedly will reclassify to the 2021 class and will choose to play for one of three college teams or the NBA G League, according to Stadium basketball analyst Jeff Goodman.

Bates released his final four options for his future Wednesday afternoon via his Instagram, which included Michigan State, Oregon and Memphis, in addition to the NBA’s development league

Second time he has re-classified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't think he's reclassified twice? MSU fans have just been writing message board fanfic about it for a long time. He won't be eligible for the next draft though, he misses the age cut by less than a month.

I would be shocked if he doesn't go with Ignite but it's possible NIL changed things for him.