Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Can Remy Martin Nick Young his way into the NBA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I do not like him but it there are people on the internet who think he's going to take the league by storm in ASU land.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Really Villanova is a good litmus test. If you're getting shut down by them and you're over the age of 20 you probably aren't going to be able to do much in the NBA.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

Today is the best day for this so far this year (all times central)

12:30 Texas (Greg Brown) vs Indiana (Trayce Jackson-Davis, son of Dale Davis)

1:30 USC (Evan Mobley) vs BYU (no prospects but a very good college team)

3:30 UNC (Caleb Love, RJ Davis, Day'ron Sharpe) vs Stanford (Ziaire Williams, Spencer Jones)

5:00 Louisville (David Johnson, Dre Davis, Carlik Jones, Jay'len Withers) vs WKU (Charles Bassey)

6:00 Okie State (Cade) vs Marquette (Dawson Garcia)

6:30 MSU (Aaron Henry is the only serious prospect but a lot of good, veteran college players) vs Duke (Jalen Johnson, DJ Stewart, Matthew Hurt, Jeremy Roach)

8:30 Kentucky (BJ Boston, Terrance Clarke, Isaiah Jackson, Devin Askew) vs Kansas (no huge prospects right now, but Bryce Thompson and Christian Braun could be something, and a good college team)

I don't normally like to see guys until late December, more like January, but I guess to avoid what happened last year I might as well start collecting games when I can get them. So thanks!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

cade currently shooting 47% from 3 and 86% from the line. his shot was widely considered his biggest weakness. if anyone tries to tell you that there is a debate over who the top pick this year is just know that they are a liar

Honestly it's more comfy to have a sure #1.

We have a lot of teams who at least pretended this offseason they're going to make a reach at the playoffs, I wonder who gives in first and nakedly tanks (even though I guess with flat odds you don't have to be that bad).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I really should have recorded Iowa vs Gonzaga.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Thank you for that. I had Sportcenter on in the background while I was editing audio and they were really raving over Suggs vs Garza and I felt like I missed something.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
NBADraft.net is really only good for getting a list of guys to watch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Huh, forgot Martin was that short

Dude played PF and even some center all on toughness.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah he was brutal and it is one of the biggest black marks on the Eastern Conference that they let a team with him as lead scorer make the finals.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I love Trey Mann because his emoji tat pisses the right kind of people off and I'm glad his game has come along.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think the fact that Green struggled and then broke through against pros and semi pros ended up being a positive for him, whereas if he had struggled initially in college, with as tight as this class is it would've cost him 3-4 spots. To me that makes Ignite a success.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Katana_Warrior posted:

he took him out of high school to make him play professionally in the lithuania league as a 17 year old

Didn't seem to negatively affect him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This is a big test for me, do I waver on my belief that passing is actually bad if you are above a role player in skill, but not as big as Magic or LeBron or do I accept that things are changing and that every team is going to have small to medium sized assist hunter in 5 years?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

cade is 6'7" but also this is a completely deranged nonsense take

Sorry but you have to be at least 6'8" for passing not to be stupid. I don't make the rules. Or apparently very well-formed jokes today.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1385753581983305730?s=19

this is probably the right move because he didn't seem to have any traction this year in the mainstream but I would have taken him lottery. Really good shooter and a n explosive athlete, just a ready made 3 and D guy who can play either forward spot with upside to develop into something more with his shotmaking ability.

Yeah I really liked him too but he kind of appeared out of the ether and so few people saw Arizona play this year that I don't think people noticed him much.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

quote:

The fit: The Lakers do tend to value shooting around Anthony Davis and LeBron James. .

If only this was true

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think Dexo is right here. Some of these kids are playing on AAU teams, local rec teams and in school. Sixteen is when everyone else can work in the US so why not these people?

I do worry about not getting a high school degree just because the extreme prejudice in our society when it comes to people without high school degrees, I don't think high school degrees actually matter or most people actually learn much in high school, but the struggle without a degree is real. So I guess that should be an element somehow.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Who's in y'all Lakers tier of just missed the lottery players? Kind of pointless since they will probably draft someone out of left field anyway but still good to know.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Thanks y'all!

Of the guys I've seen those all sound like really solid players (I'd love if moody fell) and I actually think I have games for most of the other guys on DVR already.

I have a feeling they're going to lose/let go Schroder so a guard definitely is what I'm thinking.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Think Less posted:

NBA Comparison: Jabari Parker/Draymond Green

lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I remember around the time they announced Ignite a story was going around about why someone would choose college and their thing was you basically got to be a mini god in college, but the G league was a pretty lovely experience that was a lot of old bussess, living out of two star hotels and getting yelled out by a dozen different olds all day.

With all that said if Ignite gets dudes drafted higher people will probably do it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Detroit is who I'm pulling for but I'd also like Cade to go to the Spurs. Welp too late for that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Raptors would be a good place for Cade too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Just got word that Kyle Kuzma was traded for the Toronto draft pick 30 minutes before the draft, CADE is now a Laker.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
YEAH DEJAN AND VINESTALK

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Could someone post some results for those of us travelling?

Pistons
Rockets
Cavs
Raptors
Magic
Thunder
Warriors
Magic
Kings
pelicans
Hornets
Spurs
Pacers
Warriors

E: FB

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

No way in hell is that happening

Most Jerami Grant rumors I see look a lot like wishful thinking from non-Detroit fans.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Every mock has the Lakers with Chris Duarte so it won't happen.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Tell me about Bones Hyland.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

6'3"ish shooting guard with great handle and probably the best pull up jumper in the class. Shot almost 40% from three for his career on big volume and taking a ton of tough deep off the dribble shots. Not really much of a passer so you probably can't play him at point, which is a little bit of an issue with his size, but he's about a good defender as you can be as a 6'3" skinny off guard who lacks great athleticism. He has really long arms and great defensive instincts. I think anyone who needs shooting can take him after the lottery and feel fine about it.

Interesting. Apparently he has had a good combine so I saw a couple people floating that for the Lakers at 22 depending on who was available.

Metapod posted:

a forensic anthropologist who works at the Jeffersonian Institution and also writes books, has an impressive ability to read clues from victims' bones. Consequently, law enforcement calls her to assist with investigations when remains are so badly decomposed, burned or destroyed that standard identification methods are useless. Bones often finds herself teamed with Special Agent Seeley Booth, a former Army sniper, who mistrusts science and scientists when it comes to solving crimes but who has developed respect for Bones, both professionally and personally.

Lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Calidus posted:

Curious if Wood is worth a late lottery pick? Warriors, or Kings? He is going to be 5 years older than whoever Houston drafts and he is on a nice contract.

Getting a starter quality player in the late lottery is like a 1 in 3 chance so that would be a bad trade. Maybe you could argue this draft is better I guess.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Something Awful Sports is just a wikifeet gateway site.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I like the concept of the Tigers. They were like my third favorite baseball team when I was a kid.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I know Boston Jr has been mentioned in this thread but it is hopeless to search for that name. He apparently is being kicked early to mid 20s now. Good, bad?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Interesting. I assume they are going to attempt to trade down then?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Metapod posted:

Woj and Lowe special with bouknight at 6 interesting

He went pretty high in the Vecenie mock too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I kind of want to do one of those things where everyone here agrees to represent a team and then we do a mock draft but I don't have the energy to organize it and it might be too late to do it before the draft anyway.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Okay it turns out it's not that much effort: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974585

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm pretty sure that HoopCentral is just a shadow site used primarily to populate Lakers Reddit with content.