Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

HO, HO, HO! Yes, we'll do it again, I know it's been a while, but 2020 is the kind of year that definitely needs a secret santa for us.

Rules

(1) In order to participate, you must have at least 10 posts in BYOB over the past year.

(2) You may choose to receive steam game(s) or forum upgrades instead of actual snail mail packages. You may also provide both snail mail address and steam information and let your santa pick. :nudesnail:

(3) To sign up you must do two things:

- Send an email to gag.sa@mailbox.org with your user name and your mailing address and/or a link to your steam account. Also please include whether you are willing to ship domestically, ship internationally, and/or send a steam game or forum upgrade.

- Write a letter to santa in this thread! Please cover things like allergies, t-shirt size, willingness to accept things that are NSFW or drug related, and likes and dislikes. If you're accepting steam gifts broadly include what games you'd like. Santa needs some guidance and I need to be sure that the random email I received requesting a gift was really from you.

(4) Minimum gift amount is $15. Remember that shipping, especially international shipping, can be very (!) expensive. If you can't afford shipping on top of the gift amount then choose to send a steam game or forum upgrade instead, that's totally fine.

(5) You must post in this thread when you receive your gift. Santa wants to know that you received your gift, and I need to be sure your santa isn't a deadbeat.

(6) Deadbeats: If after signing up you do not send a gift by the deadline, you will be banned. No exceptions. If you have plat and an av, your ban will cost you more than sending the gift. So seriously, if you're not going to send something don't sign up. Don't ruin xXxmas dammit, I'm serious, look at my serious face! Seriously, this will not be a joke ban.

A word about privacy: Obviously, all addresses will only be handled by the BYOB mods, being alnilam and myself, and not shared with anyone or posted anywhere, including other mods/admins. We also won't store them and make some fancy address house out of them, but instead delete all of it once we are done. However, your Santa, of course, will need to see your personal information to send you anything and you won't know who your santa is or might become, so be aware of this before signing up. If you are concerned about your privacy but still want to participate, I'd recommend signing up for a steam game or forum upgrade of some sort instead of an actual package, or, if you prefer, rent yourself a PO box. Prices for those range widely depending on your location and size rented, but you can safely receive mail and share its address without worrying about your personal information - just make sure you're prepared to actually receive stuff there before a box is thrown at your poor mailman's head. I personally have had some good experiences with these things and registration usually can be done online.

-----------------------------
We adjusted the dates a bit, since we are - as usual for anything we do in BYOB - a bit late this year.
Deadlines:

November 30th: Deadline to send your address and write your letter to santa

December 3rd: We will email you your santee's info

December 15th: International shipping deadline (and things may still get delayed because customs sucks but we will have tried)

December 22nd: Drop dead deadline to ship your gift or send your steam game or forum upgrade. (keep your mailing receipt in case something is lost or delayed so you can avoid being declared a deadbeat).

Some gifts may miss actual Christmas a bit due to this setup, but that's fine! I rather have more time for everyone and everything sorted in an orderly fashion than rush it now and force you guys to send your stuff too quickly. This goes even more for international shipping, where delivery times can take up to two months in total. Trust me, I did this before and it does take until February if you're in bad luck.
:siren:IMPORTANT: :siren: Please, for the love of the hammock kitten, check international shipping regulations, especially with the virus slowing stuff down even further! If you are shipping ANYTHING internationally, check both your local laws and restrictions as well as the receiving country's! Last year my gift was stuck in an US custom office for, like, three weeks and I had to fix it across seven timezones with a pissed US officer, because mugs are a matter of national security apparently. It is even more vital to check this in a year where many countries introduced additional laws, restrictions and tariffs due to the virus. If you are unsure about international shipping regulation, please e-mail or PM me and I'll either try to figure it out for you, or I'll ask your santee anonymously and we'll figure it out together. Don't just send stuff across timezones without checking first, or it may be impounded!

Ready, set ho, ho, ho!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

dear satan, i don't have any allergies, my shirt size is large, i love things that are drug related and unsafe for work. basically, i am just your average yobbo and i'll be glad to get anything at all, and will lurk thru post history to find a perfect gift for you, dark lord of hell. thank you for your time. i love you,
heather papps.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Manifisto

this owns! thanks gag, for some reason writing letters to santa takes me a little while but it is really great for yobbers to be able to do nice things for each other.

ty nesamdoom!

SIDS Vicious

i think I would like to try and sign up to send a gift but not recieve one as the last time i signed up i had to be rescued by some kind souls and I haven't forgiven myself for that

FluffieDuckie

Sid Vicious posted:

i think I would like to try and sign up to send a gift but not recieve one as the last time i signed up i had to be rescued by some kind souls and I haven't forgiven myself for that

You’re good people sid.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

SIDS Vicious

i sure try my best :)

Goons Are Gifts

Added a note about privacy, just in case.

Sid Vicious posted:

Uhhh, I think I can get this arranged! I'm sure the brain of future gag can come up with a smart way to pair you with someone in a fair manner and you get to send some gifts around. However, I think you can always go back to some digital gifting and receiving if in doubt, it's easy and can't really go wrong. :glomp:

Stoner Sloth

i'd love to take part but I am not sure when or if i'll be able to leave the house before christmas... also whether i'll have anywhere to live in a couple of weeks so gonna have to sit this one out.

hope you all have good christmasses (christmassi?) though my friends!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

My Shoes

I posted a cool gift idea thread here if it gives you guys ideas:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3948482

I might participate idk. Is this different than sassmas?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Derpies

by sebmojo
Dear Santa Satan I may may just started posted in yobber but I like this place and it has good opinions on taco bells short sighted menu changes. I am an XL shirt size and enjoy going arts, NSFW and other stuff A OK, and no known allergies but I do take a daily multivitamin. I think UFC is really dumb, and belt buckles are cool and I have a long rich sordid rap sheet and posting history of what to poke through. Looking forward to finding a goon a good gift too.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

My Shoes posted:

yeah this is byob assmas

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

My Shoes

Doctor Dogballs posted:

yeah this is byob assmas

Cool!

----------------

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

My Shoes posted:

yo this person been stalkin and doxxin, don't give em someone's dang address smh

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

My Shoes

Don’t believe bullies and sheeple goons

----------------

Derpies

by sebmojo

owlhawk911 posted:

yo this person been stalkin and doxxin, don't give em someone's dang address smh

----------------

My Shoes

Everyone can see who is bullying who here leave me the gently caress alone and stop lying about me

----------------

SIDS Vicious

please leave BYOB if not something awful you make me incredibly uncomfortable and this is where i finally felt comfortable

Goons Are Gifts

I'll look into this. Be assured, none of your information, including digital stuff, will never be shared if there are any doubts about a participant around. I'll post something later.

My Shoes

Goons Are Groovy posted:

I'll look into this. Be assured, none of your information, including digital stuff, will never be shared if there are any doubts about a participant around. I'll post something later.

I never doxxed anybody or did anything. these people are bullying me they are part of a discord server of people who are bullying me they’re lying

Anytime I post the post after me and talk poo poo I’m not doing that to them they are the ones stalking me all I’m asking is for them to leave me alone

----------------

Goons Are Gifts

Let's not get into this ITT please, anyone feel free to PM or email me anything you want to add, for the sake of everyone involved, I'll respond to everyone. Mind that BYOB is not behind a paywall on SA in general, so posts here are entirely public.

Escape From Noise

Heylo! My shirt size is large or XL too sometimes. While I do love drugs, and all that I'm incredibly nervous about the legal ramifications vis-a-vis my visa so plz don't send me that stuff. Totally fine with NSFW stuff. I'm in Japan so shipping might be kinda steep. I don't have any allergies really. I'm a guy, if that matters

I'm a big dork about noise music and the like, weird industrial music and free jazz too. Not like I have a serious physical collection though. I don't play video games. I'd be okay with a forums upgrade, but I think something real would be more fun. I also would love some real salsa if my Satan is in the US or Mexico, bit I'm fine with pretty much anything. I like the color pink. Also tea and booze (illegal to ship but i wouldn't get deported for that). Also no expert but enjoy art. Big Tank Girl (original comic) fan. Love British dark comedies and animation stuff. Sorry. I'm not picky, just kind of rattling stuff off!

Really pumped for this!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 20, 2020

My Shoes

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Heylo! My shirt size is large or XL too sometimes. While I do love drugs, and all that I'm incredibly nervous about the legal ramifications vis-a-vis my visa so plz don't send me that stuff. Totally fine with NSFW stuff. I'm in Japan so shipping might be kinda steep. I don't have any allergies really. I'm a guy, if that matters

I'm a big dork about noise music and the like, weird industrial music and free jazz too. Not like I have a serious physical collection though. I don't play video games. I'd be okay with a forums upgrade, but I think something real would be more fun. I also would love some real salsa if my Satan is in the US or Mexico, bit I'm fine with pretty much anything. I like the color pink. Also tea and booze (illegal to ship but i wouldn't get deported for that). Also no expert but enjoy art. Big Tank Girl (original comic) fan. Love British dark comedies and animation stuff. Sorry. I'm not picky, just kind of rattling stuff off!

Really pumped for this!

Hey sweet Willy. I hope you get a cool gift

----------------

vanisher

Hey friends,

I signed up because I desire your trinkets and candies. Please mail me things that fit inside a small box. Please don't spend a lot of money on the things, or on shipping the things. If you'd like, I'm an adult, and wear an adult shirt. Size L. You can gimme steam stuff but please, make sure its dumb and inexpensive or on sale. I'll send my steam info to gag.

I've got a kiddo so please no weed leaf flags or dongs.

I think that covers the bases.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

FluffieDuckie

It’s not really secret Santa without a dong or two.

vanisher

haha sure you can help me open it honey. Ah... uh, yeah what a weird packing peanut.

Prof. Crocodile

Dear Santa Yob,

I wear a size M shirt and I am not allergic to anything. I tend to enjoy nonfiction books, cooking stuff, and quirky little art pieces.

Also, I am open to games, dongs, and drug stuff. Hmm. There's probably a better way to say that...

Sincerely,
Prof. Crocodile

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Dear Santa Yobs,

I live in a city that has had its mail services mangled in recent months so I'll be asking to have stuff shipped to my parents' house for me to pick up later, so please don't put a big penis on the envelope or whatever. I also quit drinking and drugs last year so not to be a drag but please no drug stuff.

What I do like are wearing medium lady's t-shirts and amassing knick-knacks and reading whatever your favorite book is! I also really like cooking (vegetarian) and cookbooks and interesting little food bits and bobs, especially sweet stuff and spicy stuff. One other thing I really like is having the dumbest jewelry possible or having hand-made art or crafts... by you!!!!

Love,
How Wonderf-Yule

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

alnilam

Dear Secret Satan,

I hope you've been well and staying healthy, and most importantly, having a good time posting with your posting pals, online.

I don't like to accumulate too much stuff to be honest, but I do really value special homemade things or special regional things from where you live. Consumable gifts are cool, as are books (lately I particularly enjoy short story collections or collections of short non fiction, because toddler makes it hard to read long works). I'm a grown rear end man but I'd still appreciate nothing terribly NWS or overtly drug related pls. No allergies in the household. Shirt size M or sometimes S depending on brand, M is probably safe.

No digital gifts pls except for maybe music??

I also have an almost-2 year old, heiress to the BYOB throne, who is really cute, loves to read and go to the paydound, knows about 70% of the ABC song, and can also sing some of the call-back parts from "doo wa ditty ditty dum ditty do." I mention her because most people in byob have heard stories and you might be thinking she would enjoy something small like a toy or a book and you're probably right, but no worries if you choose not to, just mentioning it.

Thanks so much and I hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday and new year!! :glomp: :love: :glomp:

<3 Alnilam

ty manifisto

FluffieDuckie

Dear Santa,

Merry yobmas!

I like local stuff or handmade stuff. Regardless of your skill set, if you make me an ornament I will hang it on my tree.

Please no food as I’m recovering from my quarantine 15 and god knows we want to avoid the curvy 30.

Also I’m a grown rear end woman but I like stuffed animals or if you just want to donate to an animal welfare organization or to your local food bank in my name I would be tickled pink and you wouldn’t even have to go to the post office.

Oh and no nsfw or drug stuff as I’m not alone in this house :ninja:

But really I’ll love anything you send Santa. Merry Christmas!

:duckie:

Escape From Noise

I have to say, normally Christmas isn't something that's like a big deal to me or whatever. Obviously I'm down to go to Christmas parties or whatever, but if there's nothing going on it's just sort of another day for me, but my orbs I am pumped for this BYOB Secret Satan!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Goons Are Gifts

Sent some e-mails to clarify a few minor things, just in case, if you have not received an e-mail by me, that means you're good and saved and everything worked out great and you did great and also that you really really look great right now, not gonna lie, look at your non-email reading expression, it's gorgeous I love it

vanisher

:derp: :ducksiren: :derp: :ducksiren:
I DID NOT RECIEVE AN EMAIL AM I EVEN ALIVE

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Goons Are Groovy posted:

look at your non-email reading expression, it's gorgeous I love it

thank you

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

FluffieDuckie

vanisher posted:

:derp: :ducksiren: :derp: :ducksiren:
I DID NOT RECIEVE AN EMAIL AM I EVEN ALIVE

same. either I'm a genius who said all the right things, or my email to GaG never made it

let's see what happens!!

Goons Are Gifts

So far everyone who posted a letter itt made it to the warm embrace of my email inbox safely, so you're definitely on the genius side here

FluffieDuckie

We all suspected that anyway ;)

Finger Prince

I did it I sent the email!
I like cool stuff with neat pictures and stuff and neato stuff that's cool. Objets d'arts. Also I like weird stuff and just whatever you think is neato. I do not have a record player! This is important because my secret Santas always seem to send me records and no matter how cool that is, I cannot listen to them! I take a NA medium/Euro large/Japan XL t shirt as a rough idea. Umm I think thats it? I have steam but don't pc game much though I'm sure I could find something on it.

Goons Are Gifts

Alright, everyone who posted ITT is in safely and I also sent a few reminders for those of you who did sign up but did not write a santa letter yet. Remember to do that, else how could santa possibly know what to gift?

Three days remaining for sign ups! Read the OP and send me an e-mail if you want to join, both physical as well as digital gifting is entirely fine, the latter can even be done entirely anonymously if you prefer that.

Goons Are Gifts

Dear Santa,
I write you today to tell you that you're marvelous and I love you and you look absolutely gorgeous right now, I mean, drat. This year was quite a trip and I probably won't be at home for Christmas or most of the month actually, so I have to stick to laptop and phone posting while recovering for health things so I can keep posting as before.
For that reason, and to avoid international shipping fees, I only wish to get some nice digital things! You be the judge on what it is, I play switch and steam things, I love gift codes, hell if you get me a nice poem I'll hang it up for you, too! Any forum upgrades are also super cool, just make sure to give them to me via a gift certificate from the store if you'd like, that way I can maybe make a byob forum game to gift them even further, or buy byob banner ad time and stuff like that (because mods have all upgrades anyways, but I love to give stuff away). So anything goes here! Make a super cool interactive thread, draw something, sing something, be poetic, or just send me games or codes or whatever you wish, or make a combination of it all, if it fits in an email or on my steam account I'll love it dearly.

Just as I love you.

Hearts and butts :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

I would love to get in on secret santa. i like creative things (if you're an art-type person a print I could make a frame for would be cool!) regional foods, games/codes/whatever. I got steam and switch and PS4 if that's the route. drug-related/adult stuff is fine but probably no actual drugs.

edit: oh yeah I wear a size L in basically any shirt type thing

more falafel please fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 29, 2020

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!