Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Currently in line at the post office and it's not as long as I'd feared :peanut:

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

Currently in line at the post office and it's not as long as I'd feared :peanut:

That's how they get you--the line doesn't look long, but then two weeks later you're suddenly Maude, a thirty seven year veteran of the Postal Wars.

alnilam

Package has been sent :tfrxmas: also i am now legally named Maude

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

maybe a good idea, and i hate to give you more work gag, would be emailing or posting those who's santas are international. it should be a large enough number that no one will figure out the puzzle and destroy the tinsel veil of secrecy.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Goons Are Gifts

I already informed those yobbers who will have to wait longer than what I soooomewhat find acceptable - like, if it ends up mid January, I'd say that's okay and we had several cases of people using really smart alternative solutions to make the delivery time a lot shorter. For those, however, who have no reason to expect anything to arrive anywhere below 30 days of shipping time (plus extra time in customs etc.) I sent emails to inform that it might be delayed and offered a small alternative to make it through the waiting time. However, my assessment of who might or might not have to wait forever is of course quite arbitrary and thus possibly very wrong, for example, I have no idea about how fast or slow shipping happens between the US and Canada. I imagine it being faster than Germany to the US, but I honestly cannot tell.

Anyways, if I didn't message you a while ago about potential delays, you weren't among those who I assume to be delayed at least! Except in one case, where I screwed up and forgot to do it, because I am really bad at this :v:

FluffieDuckie

Coordinating these things is surprisingly difficult. I don’t think I went a year where I didn’t screw something up

Thank you for doing it gag :love:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Goons Are Gifts

Speaking of coordination, I just went through all the things and it looks like everyone is covered! I got some sort of confirmation, receipts, tracking numbers etc. or messages/posts about the gift being on its way from everyone who signed up, one santa already delivered (Derpies and family who had me as santee), so based on that it looks like we have no deadbeats or problems from anyone! Except some delays here and there, but that's fine.

I only relayed any kind of information or tracking number, if available, if you specifically told me to, but I have everything sorted on my end either way, so you don't have to worry about it if you provided me something.
If gifts now get lost or damaged or something despite everything being sent out, fear not, this year we have two rescue angels on standby to jump in and fill your need for christmas gifts in case anything goes wrong.

alnilam

FluffieDuckie posted:

Thank you for doing it gag :love:

Escape From Noise

I think you did a really great jorb GAG

FluffieDuckie

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Heather Papps

hello friend

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Goons Are Gifts

Thanks guys, I really liked doing this :peanut:

Gonna be even happier when everyone posts their exciting gifts and we get to see all the cool stuff we sent around the world!!
I have it on good authority that our boxes moving around right now are the coolest and loveliest boxes of the world

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Glutes Are Great posted:

Thanks guys, I really liked doing this :peanut:

Gonna be even happier when everyone posts their exciting gifts and we get to see all the cool stuff we sent around the world!!
I have it on good authority that our boxes moving around right now are the coolest and loveliest boxes of the world

:suspense:

E. It was really cool and although I get paranoid about what I am sending not being good enough, I am happy I took part, so thanks GaG very much!

alnilam

Tracking says my package has departed the regional sorting facility, and is expected to arrive on Monday the 28th, which leaves plenty of time before 3 Kings Day :colbert:

ty manifisto

alnilam

Also I have received 2 really wonderful things but I am told a 3rd is on the way and I want to get them all before I make the gift receipt post!

ty manifisto

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

less than 3 hours until Xmas time to fire up!!!!!!1!!!

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Finger Prince

My secret Santa got me a forums upgrade to tide me over until my gift arrives somewhere around Janumas, but I will not reveal their identity until the gift arrives!
The gift I sent will be on its second leg on Monday, with any luck it'll arrive before the new year!

Prof. Crocodile

FluffieDuckie

EEEEEEE santa came!!!!!

i love all my goodies! thank you alnilam!!! :love:

wait there's a mug in the box but imgur is being a butt so you all have to wait for it to stop being a butt

there was also a very generous donation made in my honor to my local food bank (there were funny numbers involved)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 25, 2020

FluffieDuckie

argh i tried to put the mug in here but now i can't work attachments.

welp situation normal in this household. maybe someday you'll see my awesome mug

Manifisto

FluffieDuckie posted:

argh i tried to put the mug in here but now i can't work attachments.

welp situation normal in this household. maybe someday you'll see my awesome mug

not if i see it first!

I have no idea what that means lol

Santa has been in touch, hooray! my present is on its way, though due to things and stuff I do not expect to see it for weeks or months. this is all fine however, having the Xmas spirit linger on is p great.

alnilam

Thank you so much vanisher!

My new official posting shirt and therefore entire posting outfit bc lol if you post in pants

A lovely kitty that my 2 year old immediately loved which is why i couldn't get a better pic

And tasty hard candy with cool designs that reminds me of blaise rascal's candy! Am i dumb is that literally what it is or is it just similar? It's really good and pretty either way!

ty manifisto

alnilam

She keeps saying "it's a kitty cat! Meow" and has just decided its name is Name-o

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

alnilam posted:

its name is Name-o

We should all be so lucky

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Prof. Crocodile

alnilam posted:

She keeps saying "it's a kitty cat! Meow" and has just decided its name is Name-o

mods pls change my name to Name-O

vanisher

I'm glad the shirt came out okay! Please provide a good home for Name-O. Merry Christmas friend!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

A box came to me today with a lot of good stuff in it from Sweet Willy Rollbar! It included among many other things physical representation of our other friend Nut. Thank you very much SWR! Jolly Christmas everyone!

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Escape From Noise

Doctor Dogballs posted:

A box came to me today with a lot of good stuff in it from Sweet Willy Rollbar! It included among many other things physical representation of our other friend Nut. Thank you very much SWR! Jolly Christmas everyone!

I'm so glad it made it! Yaaay!

Goons Are Gifts

drat, that was, uhh. three weeks from Japan? That's quite a fine shipping time! Maybe there is hope after all.
Glad the gift made it!! Feel free to poast it all if you'd like! I'm super pumped to hear what ideas you guys came up with and how comparably bad my gift was

Escape From Noise

Glutes Are Great posted:

drat, that was, uhh. three weeks from Japan? That's quite a fine shipping time! Maybe there is hope after all.
Glad the gift made it!! Feel free to poast it all if you'd like! I'm super pumped to hear what ideas you guys came up with and how comparably bad my gift was

I think the fact that it was really small helped. I sent a larger package to a friend in New Mexico and I don't think he's gotten it.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Dec 29, 2020

RickRogers

I have a beautiful basket of gifts before me:

Woh! Such energy!

Words cannot express. So I can just drink it from the can right?

I think I have the beginnings of a posting shrine now.

The Bier is actually superb, very very clean for that kind of hop action.
I am drinking it out of a Christmas market mug from 2008, as is the custom.

Thank you thank you thank you mysterious person from Canada.

RickRogers

Also, to my gift receiver, I forgot to send a note, so a small explanation may be required.

Please be aware that any mysterious, sticky seepage from the packet was not intended, please be concerned.

Goons Are Gifts

That's an amazing gift!!

Prof. Crocodile

I just checked the tracking number for the gift I sent. It has been "In Transit" since December 22, which isn't unreasonable given the time of year. However, it makes me feel a little un-BYOB, because I think my Santee lives like 8 hours away from me, so I could have hand-delivered them in time for Christmas Eve.

nut

Doctor Dogballs posted:

plz be gentle with me

How Wonderful!

I went out and picked up some packages today, including a very very sweet Secret Santa bundle from the inimitable Fluffie Duckie !

To begin with, this incredibly soft and comfortable shirt which I'm currently wearing, and three bags of jelly bellies (one didn't last the car ride home)

Please forgive the bad composition here, she did not send me glasses or a book about grouting, those were already out.

Next this beautiful mug so that whenever I have my morning tea I will remember to post.

Then an enormous bag of Ghirardellis (but not the butter dish) and....my favorite part....

Two hand-beaded bracelets that are 1000% perfect for my general twee teacher aesthetic!

Thank you so much FD!

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 3, 2021

Bingo Bango

I ate many of the jelly beans, I am sorry but also thank you for sending my wife candy that I can steal

Manifisto

Bingo Bango posted:

I ate many of the jelly beans, I am sorry but also thank you for sending my wife candy that I can steal

u are the william carlos williams of our day

How Wonderful!

Bingo Bango posted:

I saved the sour ones for my private cache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Whoo hoo I’m glad they arrived!!!!!