Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the two screen fihting was brilliant

the whole game was about expanding your horizons and not closing yourself off to other people, so they somehow made a battle system where you have to cooperate with yourself
unique and hectic and fun

love this game, not sure about this new poo poo I guess we'll see

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I loved the original for the plot and the characters, if the new one is still good in that aspect I’ll overlook the bad 3D cell-shaded look

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I loved the original for the plot and the characters, if the new one is still good in that aspect I’ll overlook the bad 3D cell-shaded look

this, plus i don't think it looks that bad

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
If the soundtrack is as good as the first, basically nothing else matters. Day one forsure

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Rindo

Zerbra23
Aug 1, 2016
It's cool that Sho's back basically. I'm pumped for that among other things basically.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cubone posted:

the two screen fihting was brilliant

the whole game was about expanding your horizons and not closing yourself off to other people, so they somehow made a battle system where you have to cooperate with yourself
unique and hectic and fun

love this game, not sure about this new poo poo I guess we'll see

The gameplay had this beautiful way of subtly blending into the story as every new character you had to learn how to play would be tricky at first, and eventually you learn how to gel with them by the end.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Takeharu Ishimoto (composer from the first game) is confirmed to be returning in the role. Hype.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It’s coming out July 27th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSVYX1FLMGQ

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Ftw. Don’t know if it’ll hit like it did when I was 15 but day one anyway

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

gently caress yes

Nalk
Jul 13, 2009

I heard about you!
Would the first game be remotely playable on an emulator with a mouse and microphone? Or do I have to just settle for the compromised switch version?

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Has anyone said The Turd Ends With Poo yet

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nalk posted:

Would the first game be remotely playable on an emulator with a mouse and microphone? Or do I have to just settle for the compromised switch version?

You can probably try a weird mouse and keyboard layout, good luck coming up with a good one

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nalk posted:

I’ve never emulated ds games before but you definitely want to keep the over/under screen layout; one of the things I miss most from the ios/switch ports is that in some boss fights the boss will be so huge that they’re half on one screen and half on the other, and boss attacks will sometimes go from the top screen to the bottom

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I’ve never emulated ds games before but you definitely want to keep the over/under screen layout; one of the things I miss most from the ios/switch ports is that in some boss fights the boss will be so huge that they’re half on one screen and half on the other, and boss attacks will sometimes go from the top screen to the bottom

One fight in particular uses the top and bottom screens to tell an entire mini story late in the game and it owns

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Nothing like a solid string of perfect puck passes followed by killing a boss with a giant plush cat

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Once I learned both characters have to hit zero hp before you die I stopped defending with my partner and just got good at dodging things with Neku. That worked on level 1 max difficulty until pretty far into the game. But the split screen combat was sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

First game was godly and truly unique and the only game to actually use both screens beyond a menu/map screen. Not sure if I'm picking this up on release but will definitely play it at some point.