Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.
Problem description: Whenever I try to disable CSM in the BIOS, it seems to re-enable itself as soon as the system restarts and POSTs. I can boot into Windows just fine. Secure Boot is enabled in BIOS as well. SSD is GPT.

Attempted fixes: Googled but didn't find any posts or articles related to my issue.

Recent changes: No, this has never worked. I can't figure out why, though.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 version 20H2 x64

System specs: Home built:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600
Motherboard: ASRock H270M-ITX/ac
Graphics card: EVGA GeForce GT 640 02G-P4-2645-RX
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-2400C15D-16GVR, 16 GB (2 × 8GB sticks)
Power supply: EVGA 450 BR
Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Do other settings remain the same if changed in BIOS? A bad battery could reset everything each restart.

Make sure you're on the latest motherboard BIOS.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.
Thanks, will try updating the BIOS next chance I get.

I was able to change another setting (fan profile), and that stuck.